• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
There are a few beetles on the island (night/palm trees) that I absolutely cannot catch. It doesn't matter how far I way I begin sneaking, they always fly away. Why is this?

Try holding A (prepping the net) and pushing the circle pad only halfway.

Roto13

There are a few beetles on the island (night/palm trees) that I absolutely cannot catch. It doesn't matter how far I way I begin sneaking, they always fly away. Why is this?

Some of them will hear you even if you're sneaking with your net you. You have to go even slower than that. Hold the net out and approach without moving the circle pad all the way out.

Busaiku

Try to come up from the bottom, while sneaking slowly.
Coming in from the side, or around the top usually catches their attention.

I cleared the middle have trees all along the north side (beach trees) but the spawn rate of the beetles is a bit low, it's a pain in the ass esp when the elephant beetle is a scared lil bitch.

Still a nice money maker, but a bit of a slow one right now...maybe someone raking in the bells can screen cap their island so we can see.

My boyfriend "accidentally" cut down all the coconut trees on the left side of my island and most on the bottom and right except for two (topmost right side) because he though the island didn't count or that it would just reset.

Now I think it may have benefitted me as I filled up my basket with beetles within half an hour to 40 minutes maybe......got a gold beetle as well as at least 5 elephant beetles. They would just keep appearing.

Elija2

Well, that site works, but I'm pretty sure you can't post Dropbox images on here so you'll have to upload it to another image sharing site anyway.

NUe2eIw.jpg

zroid

Banned
This has probably been discussed, but in case not. It was just pointed out to me that Isabelle's head resembles a bag of bells. Isabelle = Is a bell. *mind blown*

Heh. I only picked up on that a couple weeks ago. Her Japanese name is Shizue because she's a Shih Tzu; I was wondering why they didn't do something similar in English... and then it hit me!

Can you guys confirm that it is available in the catalogue?

Also, to the people outside of the US trying, are you on a NTSC-U 3DS or a PAL one? I wonder if that makes a difference.

Using a PAL one. Wonder if there is some sort of registry thing it does to check whether you're valid for the promo items.

A site called http://app.nicofinder.net/tobimy/ will take an image and generator a version using the AC tools. The only downside is that it still needs to be designed, the app won't do it for you.

The way to hang a design is go into your house, face a wall and select your design and choose hang on wall.

Just make a pattern in your patterns menu, go up to a wall, and choose to hang it on the wall. No Ables needed!

Thanks!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
June, 17th. Monday. My third day as dictator of this worthless animals.

BM-bjZXCQAAOZSr.jpg

I woke up to find Genji decided to build his house right in the middle of my Imperial Freeway. He won't last long.

Katie came to my village, so I decided to foist her on Jasonng. She missed her train. It's probably for the best.

The animals in his town seemed by and large a delusional bunch.

BNAhSBJCUAAIe67.jpg

BNAhfBpCcAAqBeT.jpg

And their mayor was asleep on the job.

BNAhuHFCAAALoTy.jpg

I finally got a boat to the island. Kapp'n seemed to want to divulge his personal problems.

BNAiGBaCQAE8RbJ.jpg

The island was full of weird and strange creatures.

BNAibSjCIAEyl-S.jpg

Upon returning, I decided to lay down the law on some of my villagers.

Well. Chow. Just Chow.

BNAipnICYAAFBSg.jpg

I sense an uprising. I should quell this before it gets out of hand.

Then, the unexpected happened.

BNAjEYkCAAIeh_Q.jpg

I wasn't even really looking for one that hard.

BNAjYNyCAAAhbSt.jpg

My smirk was self satisfied all the same.

BNAkAlnCAAE-rcI.jpg

Jasonng and Dr. Palutena came by to try and catch one for themselves. But just ended up abusing one another.

BNAkPMCCAAAaTzm.jpg

I swear you're going to get it, panda.

I'll make it!

But I can't share it via QR yet so you'll have to visit my town to get it. :p

Awesome! Post here and/or PM when it's done. You shall be rewarded with every fruit but oranges (and a few island ones) when it is done! Or bells if you want. Either way, thanks.

FC is 1032-1236-7452.

SoulUnison

Banned
Tortimer is such a troll. Got all excited to finally visit the island only to be told I have to wait another day.
418290e7.gif

I almost couldn't believe they'd do that.

"Guess what! You're gonna go to this tropical island where you can meet other players, play minigames, collect rare bugs and fish, go on tours for new and exotic fruits, and so much more! It's open all the time and it's always summer! Doesn't that sound like so much FUN!?

Well, you can go tomorrow."

zroid

Banned
I almost couldn't believe they'd do that.

"Guess what! You're gonna go to this tropical island where you can meet other players, play minigames, collect rare bugs and fish, go on tours for new and exotic fruits, and so much more! It's open all the time and it's always summer! Doesn't that sound like so much FUN!?

Well, you can go tomorrow."

Welcome to Animal Crossing: New Leaf. :p

Should be titled "Animal Crossing: Next Day"

katkombat

Banned
Anyone have the Samus Legs and Helmet? I can trade an arwing, fire flower, yoshi egg, coconuts, or something else? FC is 3926-4367-5729

pm me!

Elija2

Are you guys sure that when a villager moves out, the next one to move in won't get a house in the exact same spot? What if you try so hard to get someone to move out, and then when someone else moves in they ruin an entirely different area for you? It would make more sense for the home placement to be static, so that when all 10 villagers move in you won't have to worry about them wrecking stuff any more.

MicH

Jesus, just caught three rainbow stags and three golden stags within an hour on the island (and lots of other delicious beetles and sharks). Also finally caught that scarab beetle.
Shops are closed, so I will have to wait.

I would also really appreciate it if I could catalogue the raccoon clock. European here :( No DLC for us

Kuusoge

Just started playing the game today and it's great, but I need more AC friends. Timezone is PST and native fruits are peaches.

Name: Tek
FC: 0473-7768-5929

Let me know if you add. Hope to visit more peoples' towns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom