• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

suzu

tumblr_mokl1j9OSL1svw95ao1_400.jpg

tumblr_mokl1j9OSL1svw95ao2_400.jpg

I let my cousin play my character for a few minutes, and she caught this jerk after only getting two sea bass…

Btw, my tumblr is figaro crossing. Please share any of yours or twitters so I can follow more people. :]

Okay, so here is how it is, I think.

Anyone with a NTSC-U 3DS can get the Raccoon Clock by using the SSID "Bestbuy" trick, I just did it, got the clock and I live in Australia.

Velcro Fly

Where's the big money at? I only average about 80000 bells a day :/

The island apparently.

Although if you have a fishing pole you can try to get some sharks in the ocean after 4pm. I've made about 300k bells just fishing up everything I can to donate and for the medals. Got a ton of sharks this way and some other rare fish.

It just depends on how much you want to play. I played for a few hours today and made quite a bit.

Man, it hasn't even rained for me yet.

My town rained today-- ALL the fish in my beach were the same old ones. If I catch another sea bass-- I am going to throw my 3ds out the window.

Went fishing for 2 hrs- did not see a shadow that would indicate a coelecanth. And barely any sharks on my beach--

If this is true, that is amazing. Thanks, will try out right now!

I kind of fudge up and took the picture too late after, so you will have to take my word for it.

I do have this picture of both the current downloadable items though, if that means anything.

36GqNeN.jpg

I had my SSID to "Bestbuy" and no security enabled while I did it.

Hey GAF. I have two questions for you. When/Where can I buy a slingshot and what can I do with gold shards? I have three of them and they seem like they might serve greater purpose than buffering my wallet.

I asked quite a few pages back, but this thread... Heh. Thanks for the heads-up RE: the Raccoon Clock/Best Buy DLC. I'm in Australia and the SSID trick worked perfectly for me.

Hey GAF. I have two questions for you. When/Where can I buy a slingshot and what can I do with gold shards? I have three of them and they seem like they might serve greater purpose than buffering my wallet.

I asked quite a few pages back, but this thread... Heh. Thanks for the heads-up RE: the Raccoon Clock/Best Buy DLC. I'm in Australia and it worked perfectly for me.

Slingshot at upgraded Nooklings.

Gold ore can be used to make gold furniture with Cryus at Re-Tail. 3 ores + 10k Bells for one piece.

I asked quite a few pages back, but this thread... Heh. Thanks for the heads-up RE: the Raccoon Clock/Best Buy DLC. I'm in Australia and the SSID trick worked perfectly for me.

Slingshot can be bought from the 2nd Nook Junction store. Gold shards can be used on furniture once Cyrus (blue llama at Re-Tail) wakes up

What's the best way to maximize money at the island?

If you really want to make money, cut down the trees on the island itself, just leaving the ones on the beach. I did that tonight and made 400,000 in one visit. I even found three golden stag beetles in a row. You can always replant the fruit trees in the center of the island if you feel guilty about exploiting Mother Nature.

Salsa

I just checked the activity log and shiet, you guys don't wanna know

87hs

in my defense, im guessing sleep mode counts?...right?

When does the axe unlock? And does the Night Owl cause shops to stay closed longer in the morning? I'm wondering if it just gives more hours open in the day or if it just shifts the times.

Salsa

Waaah, I thought 55 was a lot! You're really going at it, Salsa!

I just dont see the point of quiting the game if I know im coming back to it later or whatever. There's been lots of me just sitting here typing/working with the 3DS sitting there with the game on.

I mean in-game time passes either way so

but yeah >_>

Question: Do bushes wilt if you don't water them like flowers, or can I just plant em and forget about it? I've got 120 hibiscus plants from the island I want to place.

I'm changing my town ordinance from beautiful to wealthy tomorrow. I have over 120 Golden stags in my closet that I need to sell.

Wondering if I need to change the ordinance back after I'm done.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
When does the axe unlock? And does the Night Owl cause shops to stay closed longer in the morning? I'm wondering if it just gives more hours open in the day or if it just shifts the times.

Night owl makes most shops stay open till midnight and re tail recycle center till 2 am. The axe you buy from the gardening shop whenever that opens up.

Axes are in the gardening store.
Night Owl only extends operating hours by 3 hours. No delays in the morning.
Early Bird just makes them open earlier, no closing earlier as well.

I just checked the activity log and shiet, you guys don't wanna know

87hs

in my defense, im guessing sleep mode counts?...right?

I'm sitting on 22... I've bought the game 3am on a Friday, it is now 2pm on Tuesday.

It's almost a quarter of the time I have had the game.

I hope sleep mode largely it. Why do I love it so much?

Lol Rudy just asked me for any kind of furniture so I went to the Re-Tail shop and bought a plant thing HE WAS SELLING took it back to him and was like wow this is so cool thanks!!!

Oh Rudy.

<3 this game.

Salsa

so it's been a week and I lament that this game doesnt have weekly messages.

I dont wanna be a downer but this + reduced blathers among other stuff (like mostly unimpressive villager dialogue so far) have me a bit down on the game's charm. Hopefully i'll get surprised in the upcoming weeks/months.

Kapp'n and fish puns as good as ever, but I need moar.

so it's definitely been a week now and i've bought everything in the store every day, but no hint of a nookling shop upgrade. when is it supposed to happen? the wiki says 7 days.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Used my iPhone to do the Bestbuy trick. Worked great.

Does anyone know when the shops close on the Night Owl ordinance?

Cbajd5

cool guys like me have the 7-eleven japanese one

tumblr_mogybv22l11sv134do1_400.jpg

so ugly you just gotta have it

I want the 7-Eleven ABD. Or just an ABD for my house in general without having to be mad rich in the first place.

The worst thing for me is if they even distributed these items at 7-Elevens here in America I'd probably not be able to get them since my nearest 7-Eleven is like an hour away somehow.

the 7-11 sign should be a public works project instead of a piece of furniture.

The gardening store is there, but no axes! Do I need to buy stuff?

they alternate between selling watering can and axes. you'll just have to wait till it shows up. i'm gonna make sure to buy an axe every time i see it so i have a backup in case one breaks

Labrys

I dont wanna be a downer but this + reduced blathers among other stuff (like mostly unimpressive villager dialogue so far) have me a bit down on the game's charm. Hopefully i'll get surprised in the upcoming weeks/months.

Everything Blathers would of said is on the plaques by the exhibits. The price we pay to give multiple donations at once. :p
Trust me, he does get to "blather" as the game goes on. (unlocking stuff, etc)

The worst thing for me is if they even distributed these items at 7-Elevens here in America I'd probably not be able to get them since my nearest 7-Eleven is like an hour away somehow.
I have 3 within 5 minutes of my house. I truly am blessed.

Kapp'n and fish puns as good as ever, but I need moar.
I just had a conversation between two of my villagers were I had to show one of them how to smile properly without looking like a murderous villain. I'd say the game is still pretty charming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom