• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, on the island, you can do the scavenger hunt. I haven't unlocked Nook's upgraded shop yet to get the catalogue, but if I pick up furniture on the island, does it unlock purchasing through the catalogue?

And CAMPUS stuff:

img4.gif

:)

One of the people I streettpassed at work (Disney) had a bunch of this stuff in their homes and I have the option of buying it. So it's super rare, then?

Gvaz

Banned
The Bestbuy thing doesn't work for me. Probably because I'm in Eyrope. Oh well

It has nothing to do with that. You can't have other wifi connections enabled at the same time you try to download from the Bestbuy ssid

Turn whatever your 3ds can connect to or is connecting to off, and add in the Bestbuy connection to your list in the settings.

Animekatt

yeah just did the raccoon clock thing with my phone as a hotspot. I feel bad for the people going to Best Buy, this is so stupid.

Meh, I didn't mind it. I got to see some of my old co-workers, and it's near my job. But I think I'll try this hotspot trick for the cat tower next time.

MicH

It has nothing to do with that. You can't have other wifi connections enabled at the same time you try to download from the Bestbuy ssid

Turn whatever your 3ds can connect to or is connecting to off, and add in the Bestbuy connection to your list in the settings.
That's exactly what I did. Error codes ahoy in the post office

Linius

No it really doesn't work on a European 3DS. Or do you think all the Euro Gaffers who reported negative so far are too stupid to figure it out?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.

That's not true. I didn't remove any of my other connections and it worked fine for me.

Nightz

Awesome, the Bestbuy trick worked for me. I just set up a hotspot using my Macbook so that I wouldn't have to change my network's name lol.

GAMERG0D

The PAL people can 'catalogue' the item by picking it up and dropping it since they can't get the item from BB. Exclusive DLC sucks so much.

Salsa

One of the people I streettpassed at work (Disney) had a bunch of this stuff in their homes and I have the option of buying it. So it's super rare, then?

well I mean

it's japan-only

and the game sold gangbusters in japan

so, no? the best buy clock is probably rarer in terms of amount of people who have it, lol.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
well I mean

it's japan-only

and the game sold gangbusters in japan

so, no? the best buy clock is probably rarer in terms of amount of people who have it, lol.

If this "3DS can't get items from other regions" thing is true, nobody will ever have those items outside of Japan.

So, yes?

Linius

The PAL people can 'catalogue' the item by picking it up and dropping it since they can't get the item from BB. Exclusive DLC sucks so much.

But since cataloging stuff works apparantly it's not so much exclusive anymore :p

When do we unlock the catologue btw? And does it contain all fortune cookie items and bug off furniture too for example?

Salsa

If this "3DS can't get items from other regions" thing is true, nobody will ever have those items outside of Japan.

So, yes?

it depends on your definition of rare. There are more copies of the game in people's hands in Japan, that's the kind of joke I was making

and you go ahead and ruin it

I hope you're happy

I hadnt seen this one

lol

MicH

We don't even know if the DLC items are reorderable and I would be very surprised if they are. So yeah. Catalog then for catalog completion

drizzle

Axel Hertz
it depends on your definition of rare. There are more copies of the game in people's hands in Japan, that's the kind of joke I was making

and you go ahead and ruin it

I hope you're happy

I'm not ruining it, you're actually right. It's not *rare* per say. Since everybody can be added to the catalog, nothing is Rare on this game, afaik.

I'd still buy it from the catalog, if you can do it. Even though BestBuy itself says the items won't be available on the catalog.

IrishNinja

^hahahaha

You can use them to buy fortune cookies and trade the fortunes in for items at 2 play coins a pop.

ah, okay...is it worth it? what's the most/average bells for the items, does anyone actually use their coins for this?
again, bout to finally finish @#$%ing find mii 2, so unless i really take to soul hackers, it's either AC or random puzzle duplicate pieces for my daily 10 coins.

Salsa

I'm not ruining it, you're actually right. It's not *rare* per say. Since everybody can be added to the catalog, nothing is Rare on this game, afaik.

I'd still buy it from the catalog, if you can do it. Even though BestBuy itself says the items won't be available on the catalog.

everything can be added to the catalogue, not everything can be bought from it

these exclusive items can't be bought, you can just look at them on the catalogue

We don't even know if the DLC items are reorderable and I would be very surprised if they are. So yeah. Catalog then for catalog completion

there's no way these items count to what the game considers to be "catalogue completion" anyway

drizzle

Axel Hertz
^hahahaha

ah, okay...is it worth it? what's the most/average bells for the items, does anyone actually use their coins for this?
again, bout to finally finish @#$%ing find mii 2, so unless i really take to soul hackers, it's either AC or random puzzle duplicate pieces for my daily 10 coins.

Every Fortune Cookie is Nintendo related.

So, Mario Nose/Mustache combo, Link-related clothing and Nintendo-based house decorations.

Since you can shake your 3DS like a maniac to get items, I'd say it's worth it, since you can only buy one (at first) per day.

Neiteio

I'm always watching..waiting..ready to kill...

VPIKFkh.jpg
lol, amazing XD

Man, Nintendo pulled a fast one on me: While I had already bought New Leaf by the time E3 rolled around, I didn't start playing it until Villager was revealed for Smash. It totally energized me to play New Leaf, which I began later that week.

Linius

Or when you streetpass with Japanese people you'll also get the option to buy every piece of furniture in their houses.

Need to hangout at the airport waiting for flights from Japan coming in :p

GAMERG0D

But since cataloging stuff works apparantly it's not so much exclusive anymore :p

When do we unlock the catologue btw? And does it contain all fortune cookie items and bug off furniture too for example?
When you upgrade the first shop I believe. I don't know if you can buy those items, I know you can get DLC because I could order the Rainbow Screen from my sister's home in the Home Showcase.

Well I finally connect to Club Tortimer for the first time, and the only other person on the island is... someone 20 minutes down the road from me :| FFS.

IrishNinja

Every Fortune Cookie is Nintendo related.

So, Mario Nose/Mustache combo, Link-related clothing and Nintendo-based house decorations.

Since you can shake your 3DS like a maniac to get items, I'd say it's worth it, since you can only buy one (at first) per day.

SOLD - that sounds like a better use of my coins than anything else anyway, thanks guys

I want that so bad oh godddddd

haha this is what this game does to you
i so shouldve bought a GBA in the day...now they just got me preparing for best buy trips

Sol1dus

So I'm guessing XL users don't have a ton of coins. I've actually been pining for an easier way to burn through them. Like a bulk puzzle piece buying option. This game is nice, I can burn through 2 every morning, but the console's still locked at 300 pretty much all the time.

It's been posted a few times, but you NEED to read this guide. It helps you identify the pattern in the price fluctuation and know when to bail if things go south so you don't take too much of a loss. I have a little grid set up in my notes app where I'm keeping track of the prices.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/stalk-market/

I take my XL everywhere.

GAMERG0D

everything can be added to the catalogue, not everything can be bought from it

these exclusive items can't be bought, you can just look at them on the catalogue
I doublechecked my sister's house in the Happy Home Showcase, I can order the Rainbow Screen for 5,088 Bells. I assume since this item came from the Post Office, you should be able to order the Best Buy items as well.

Linius

I doublechecked my sister's house in the Happy Home Showcase, I can order the Rainbow Screen for 5,088 Bells. I assume since this item came from the Post Office, you should be able to order the Best Buy items as well.

Thanks for giving us Euro peasants a little hope :p

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'd say there's enough

I didn't even know Japan had 7-11s. Also, you guys need to stop posting pictures of the 7-11 stuff. It makes me want it, and I know I'll never get it. :(

Labrys

I didn't even know Japan had 7-11s. Also, you guys need to stop posting pictures of the 7-11 stuff. It makes me want it, and I know I'll never get it. :(

Well, there's no Slurpee machine DLC so I think I'll live for now. I love me some Slurpees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom