• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
so it's been a week and I lament that this game doesnt have weekly messages.

I dont wanna be a downer but this + reduced blathers among other stuff (like mostly unimpressive villager dialogue so far) have me a bit down on the game's charm. Hopefully i'll get surprised in the upcoming weeks/months.

Kapp'n and fish puns as good as ever, but I need moar.

For what it's worth, Flora is an awesome neighbor, and Keaton has made me smile on a number of occasions.

Got some questions for the fine people here at GAF:

One day, out of the blue, I've just started digging up these crazy weird 'oid statues (the ones that gyrate). I've dug up four of them! Do they serve any other purpose than to creep me out? There seems to be a whole collection of these.

Also, I found an amethyst! It's only worth 2,000 bells, but should I hang on to it for a rainy day? Is there some special use for it?

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I must be the only one who doesn't give a shit about his neighbors. I mean, they're nice, and I talk to them... but I only do it because I should, not because I want to.

Right now, I've just been treating this game like the beetle farming simulator it is. And that's not a bad thing... I'm having fun. Soon that will wear out, though, and it'll become the game I want to play for 30 minutes everyday. I'm actually really looking forward to that.

One day, out of the blue, I've just started digging up these crazy weird 'oid statues (the ones that gyrate). I've dug up four of them! Do they serve any other purpose than to creep me out? There seems to be a whole collection of these.

Also, I found an amethyst! It's only worth 2,000 bells, but should I hang on to it for a rainy day? Is there some special use for it?

Gyroids!

They serve no real purpose besides making funky beats to the music in the background. They're so awesome. Protip: Fill your basement with them, like some occult shrine.

Salsa

I admit I have crappy villagers for the most part, so yeah jury still out. Cant judge Animal Crossing after a week.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

You could possibly trade gyroids to other people since some weird people like collecting them.

Save all your crystals as they let you customize certain furniture.

Gyriods make noise and can be stored at the café if you want to collect them.
I don't think you get anything, though I could be wrong. They sell for a decent amount otherwise.

Gems are used to customize certain types of furniture and gold ore is used to create furniture.
If you don't want to make super snazzy gem furniture then, yeah, you can sell it for 2,000 Bells.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Those gyroids are awesome! Put them in your house and they make funky sounds.

In the future, Gems have a purpose.

The purpose is
you can decorate furniture with it.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Really? Customize how?

Customized as the aforementioned super snazzy gem furniture!
They glimmer like gems when you move.

tumblr_moiaqmjivI1sukkejo1_400.jpg

Not in this one. Brewster will
give you gyroids that look like him,
however.

Damn. I guess if I don't have a place to store them I'll just sell them. I was looking forward to another collection to obsess over, too. :(

Salsa

I must be the only one who doesn't give a shit about his neighbors. I mean, they're nice, and I talk to them... but I only do it because I should, not because I want to.

Right now, I've just been treating this game like the beetle farming simulator it is. And that's not a bad thing... I'm having fun. Soon that will wear out, though, and it'll become the game I want to play for 30 minutes everyday. I'm actually really looking forward to that.

i've been kinda this way but I just expect better neighbors to come in once I get "tired" of the bug hunting and upgrading. Just not really feeling the neighbor game this time around, not as much as with previous ACs. For the first time in the series I kinda feel silly just standing there talking to them 5 times to get the same lines of dialogue across the whole village.

but yeah I just know im gonna be all over that once Bob moves in

Gyriods make noise and can be stored at the café if you want to collect them.
I don't think you get anything, though I could be wrong. They sell for a decent amount otherwise.

Gems are used to customize certain types of furniture and gold ore is used to create furniture.
If you don't want to make super snazzy gem furniture then, yeah, you can sell it for 2,000 Bells.

Thanks a lot (HawthorneKitty as well!)

It's good to know that crystals actually come in handy.

Unfortunately, the cafe hasn't opened for me yet. The garden shop opened...but the cafe is my most anticipated spot.

When can I expect that? Is it just random?

Salsa

yeah just did the raccoon clock thing with my phone as a hotspot. I feel bad for the people going to Best Buy, this is so stupid.

Dacvak

yeah just did the raccoon clock thing with my phone as a hotspot. I feel bad for the people going to Best Buy, this is so stupid.

Me too, lol.

Dacvak

get a million bells

post sends me a piggy bank

im a millionaire you fucks

Sounds like we're the same person.

So when does KK show up?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I've been talking about this Bestbuy SSID thing for like 3 days, goddammit people. :D

Sure, I didn't know about the lowercase second b (I don't live in the US nor I have a 3DS XL around), but I was SURE it would work. You people just needed to check it! :D

Anyway, this is great news. Now I just need my goddamn 3DS to arrive goddammit customs, release that shit already.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Hey guys, just something I think might be appreciated by others but, can we start using spoiler tags more?

The best part about this game is discovering neat new things, and a lot of the times I end up needing to avoid this thread because everyone just sort of shows off EVERYTHING and it leaves nothing to find for yourself.

Hey guys, just something I think might be appreciated by others but, can we start using spoiler tags more?

The best part about this game is discovering neat new things, and a lot of the times I end up needing to avoid this thread because everyone just sort of shows off EVERYTHING and it leaves nothing to find for yourself.
Considering that the order people experience stuff in this game will be different for everyone, this seems highly impractical.

Also, where do you draw the line for spoilers in a game like this?

RagnarokX

BNBEOH1CEAAzXor.jpg:large

Dig a hole next to a stump, sit on the stump, then jump in the hole.

BNBEYEeCYAEgFy4.jpg:large

I stumbled upon a large group of villagers congregating... I think they're plotting...

Dacvak

Any Neutral Milk Hotel fans out there? My girlfriend just made this, haha.

Q78sI7w.jpg

I'm not necessarily opposed - we have the IRC for the more mundane stuff, after all.

What did you have in mind to tag? As others have said with so many different people at different points it's tough to spoiler tag stuff without impeding conversation somewhat.

Velcro Fly

Can't wait for the island :(

Seems like a whole new part of the game that takes less than a week to unlock but I feel like I'm missing so much.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Considering that the order people experience stuff in this game will be different for everyone, this seems highly impractical.

Also, where do you draw the line for spoilers in a game like this?

Personally stuff like how to unlock new things like new shops or shop expansions, or stuff like that.

Something that you have to actually work towards unlocking you know? A thing that isn't available at the start and you have to fulfill pre-requisites in order to acquire it.

Dacvak

Im using my phone as a hotspot, how does it work?

Change the SSID to Bestbuy. I had to use MyWi on my iPhone (requires jailbreak) to do this.

Personally stuff like how to unlock new things like new shops or shop expansions, or stuff like that.

Something that you have to actually work towards unlocking you know? A thing that isn't available at the start and you have to fulfill pre-requisites in order to acquire it.
Almost none of those things are spelled out in the game though. There are still things that even the Japanese players can't agree on.

I felt like such a fucking idiot standing there with my 3DS open, running to the Post Office to get it. God damn.

Meanwhile, got a question about Gold Swag. When I take furniture to Cyrus and have him bind it with the gold nugget, does it become a new piece of furniture, part of the gold set? Or does it just become a gold version of that furniture?

fmpanda

It took me a while, but...
BNBIe1yCQAA-86o.jpg:large

Finally got the little bastard! Only thing was, right after I nabbed him I got a boot and a can, lol.

Dacvak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom