• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Villagers randomly moving in is why I'm waiting until my town fills up before I decide to plan any fruit tree planting or paths or anything. It's bad enough Biskit moved in almost on top of where I have my house now.

zychi

Banned
Rainbow Screen is for the Month of June (1-30)

Palm Tree Lamp is for the Month of July (1-31)

The clock is this week only. Maybe try it again?

Did you do "BestBuy" or "Bestbuy" as the WiFi SSID?

Bestbuy, do I need to update the data before I start the game? I'm updating my 3ds software right now.

I basically just connected my 3ds to the Bestbuy ssid, and then went straight to the post office in-game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Bestbuy, do I need to update the data before I start the game? I'm updating my 3ds software right now.

I basically just connected my 3ds to the Bestbuy ssid, and then went straight to the post office in-game.

If you're time traveling, figure your shit out! :D

I'd ask her for another gift.

So, I'm finally done with testing!
In other words, I can now do some Crossing of Animals, and such!

If anyone wants to visit, I'll be on from 3 to 6 PM tomorrow, Mountain Time!
Quite a few people have added me on their Friend Lists, but if you don't have me, then:

0919-9895-4250

I'm a beginner, so my town isn't exactly "amazing", but we're trying! :)

Clefargle

Wow, first week in and the game has destroyed my sleep schedule and grades. Waaaay too addicting, time just zips the fuck by. I have a bunch of stores opening up tomorrow but I can't get the Museum to open up. Anyone have some legit art to trade or sell? Or anyone got a reds open in town?

That looks gorgeous.

Thanks. The horizontal path is fine, but the vertical one is pretty messed up. I had to leave it though because I think I was developing carpal tunnel. :lol

That looks really nice!

Also, as I've been harping on about all day, be prepared to have to alter your path. Villagers just set down their houses without any thought to your city planning.

That would be a nightmare. I'm already using 8/10 of my slots, I don't wanna have to make more corner tiles. :(

All these connection errors are driving me nuts. It seems totally fine with western US players, but as soon as I head east at all it turns into New Super Resetti Bros. Ugh. Anyway, got a path down today, I'm okay with not moving trees too much. I'd have to wait for a lot of them to re-grow their fruit so I don't get rid of something important.

Not the best views, but it's all I got right now.

BNBc58xCcAA-0o9.jpg:large

BM_y16qCYAA7jIu.jpg:large

one_kill

Villagers randomly moving in is why I'm waiting until my town fills up before I decide to plan any fruit tree planting or paths or anything. It's bad enough Biskit moved in almost on top of where I have my house now.
Yeah it's annoying that you can't really manage where people move in. I decided to move some of my flowers in places I think they wouldn't move in. As for the trees, I hope they don't get removed!

Coco the coconut rabbit is the best animalbro, doyoing. She gave me a swank-ass Jockey Shirt and a Sleek(?) Stereo.

Jeremiah the Frog just moved in. Seems like a decent first arrival. Hopefully he won't fall in with Winnie.

Also, everyone probably already knows this, but you can swap tools with left and right on the dpad. Pressing down puts away whatever you're holding. Super handy.

zychi

Banned
Phyllis keeps telling me I already have the dlc item. Boo :(

Have my SSID as Bestbuy and as an open network. No luck.

e: got it! used my phone and mywi tether.

my router mustve been doing something to the connection to make the game know it wasnt bestbuy

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hmm, I've never played an Animal Crossing game before and I'm interested in possibly buying this game. What is game like? Would the basic explanation of the game be that you do stuff? Fish, plant flowers, collect stuff, customize your house, etc.?

one_kill

I got Clay who is the Homer Simpson version of Bear Grylls; that is, he's lazy but "wild".
I also have Mint who doesn't look cool, but at least she's nice. She's best friends with Bunnie.

Most of my neighbours are short. At least that's going to change tomorrow when Hans moves in. He's like a yeti.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
So as a guy with an American 3DS I can confirm living here in Japan that a lot of the Japanese DLC-only items (and at least one of the Best Buy items!) are actually repurchasable from anyone's house you StreetPass in the HH Showcase if you find them in a house with your US game. (some exclusive items are still listed as not for sale, I anticipate any items save for the 7-11 stuff, which might be unavailable for some other reason, will be used as holiday/giveaway items in the US version later on)

My success with the following items, only what I have encountered and personally bought in other homes so far, throughout my HH Showcase travels, using http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content/Japan as a guide:

Tanuki wall clock (also Best Buy DLC) - purchasable
7-11 ABD and store model (changed name to 24 hour shop ABD and model) - not for sale
Other 7-11 items - haven't seen
Campus (stationary) items - haven't seen yet, perhaps purchasable?
Turkey dinner - not for sale (probably will be distributed as Thanksgiving DLC)
Festive stump - purchasable
Yule log - not for sale (probably will be distributed as Christmas DLC)
Sunrise of the New Year lamp - haven't seen in a house yet, would imagine purchasable
Kagamimochi - purchasable
Aurora screen - purchasable
Futaba table - purchasable
Sakura clock - purchasable
Golden clock - not for sale
Leaf bed - haven't seen it yet, would imagine purchasable
Table top (Korea) - haven't seen it yet
Massage Chair (Korea) - purchasable

Certain other seasonal items like toshikoshi soba (New Year's soba) and red ogre mask (setsubun) is not for sale, but I think can be acquired if you visit a Japanese player's town during the appropriate festival to get it

I got Clay who is the Homer Simpson version of Bear Grylls; that is, he's lazy but "wild".
I also have Mint who doesn't look cool, but at least she's nice. She's best friends with Bunnie.

Most of my neighbours are short. At least that's going to change tomorrow when Hans moves in. He's like a yeti.
Mint is good people.

Elija2

42 hours over the course of 8 days. This game is crack.

So far I like all of my villagers (but it's really hard for me to hate anyone), but I think Genji looks kinda ugly. I mean, that's really all that I can judge my villagers on since that's the only think unique to each one. I wish there were more personality types and dialogue. Already I'm mostly getting repeat dialogue from my villagers.

Also I hate how easy it is to ruin a villager's house. I like it when they first move in and their house has a central theme, but after so much gifting and trading their house becomes filled with random junk, and it's all my fault.

Got a girl from Japan to give me her friend code...but she wanted to come to my town instead. Told her my house was small and meager, but she said that her house was also small as she had only been playing 1 month.

She gave me a bunch of presents. Hurt me in my pride as a villager, she did. Not to be outdone, I gave her some presents....but then she gave me even more presents. She even insisted I take a toy hammer though she had already seen the one I had.

I showed her my Luffy outfit and she said it was cute. Made my day. Then we blew bubbles using a bubble blower she gave me for a few minutes. When someone else showed up to my town, she also gave them a bubble blower. But then, just like a deer in a forest, she fled when another person showed up. And that's the story of how some girl from Japan came to my town. When I checked my friend's list right now, she changed her Mii greeting to "Baroque>>seeyou" Adorable. (Baroque is the name of my character in ACNL)

Apparently I suck at taking screenshots because this is the only decent one I got.

oggVuz7.jpg

Symphonic

Getting the connection error trying to connect with someone in Reno (I'm in Nashville) :( Wonder if they'll iron themselves out soon.

Game is great! However I have no tools and it's midnight and everyone is asleep. Kinda makes the game useless which is weird.

edit: Anyone on right now that I can test a connection with? FC is 0044-2817-7819

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Fuck me. 62 hours and 50 minutes D:

I hung out with that Japanese girl again from the other day. She gifted me a yellow balloon, Varia pants (completing my Samus costume aww yeah), and a carp banner or something. I finally had the courage to ask her how old she is.....19! Whew lol. I'm still way older, but that's in the acceptable range :p

It was pretty fun though. Basically just chatted the whole time about this and that. She really likes Robin Williams and Mrs. Doubtfire of all things!

Also some of you who linked your tumblrs, I followed you, hope it wasn't too creepy since I didn't say anything til now ._.

Symphonic

I hung out with that Japanese girl again from the other day. She gifted me a yellow balloon, Varia pants (completing my Samus costume aww yeah), and a carp banner or something. I finally had the courage to ask her how old she is.....19! Whew lol. I'm still way older, but that's in the acceptable range :p

It was pretty fun though. Basically just chatted the whole time about this and that. She really likes Robin Williams and Mrs. Doubtfire of all things!

Also some of you who linked your tumblrs, I followed you, hope it wasn't too creepy since I didn't say anything til now ._.

A BEAUTIFUL BUDDING ROMANCE

but anyways can someone srsly help me test my connection
and maybe give me some tools cause my town is sleepin

Labrys

I showed her my Luffy outfit and she said it was cute. Made my day. Then we blew bubbles using a bubble blower she gave me for a few minutes. When someone else showed up to my town, she also gave them a bubble blower. But then, just like a deer in a forest, she fled when another person showed up. And that's the story of how some girl from Japan came to my town. When I checked my friend's list right now, she changed her Mii greeting to "Baroque>>seeyou" Adorable. (Baroque is the name of my character in ACNL)
[/IMG]

Sorry about that, eheh.

I want a Japanese friend. All I get are people who shout "no!" at me when I ask them to repeat what they said at the island. ;_;

Symphonic

what kinda tools you need

Anything, really. Just kinda sucks right now to have an empty town with literally nothing to do.

she's a dude

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
All these connection errors are driving me nuts. It seems totally fine with western US players, but as soon as I head east at all it turns into New Super Resetti Bros. Ugh. Anyway, got a path down today, I'm okay with not moving trees too much. I'd have to wait for a lot of them to re-grow their fruit so I don't get rid of something important.

At first I think it's my connection but apparently this game has connection issues?

A lot of people from various forums also mentioning this. I hate the pic of that mole guy already, hahaha.

Niraj

A BEAUTIFUL BUDDING ROMANCE

but anyways can someone srsly help me test my connection
and maybe give me some tools cause my town is sleepin

Who knows what could've been if that bastard Boomer wasn't prowling around during our private convo!

tumblr_mokuhtgn2j1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

See him skulking waaaaay in the background? Dude wants to leave my town and still gets all up in my shit.

Also here's my new villager that just finished unpacking today:

tumblr_mokucbSavJ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Muthafuckin Drago the dragon. Crocodile. Crocodile dragon.

she's a dude

Eh it's all the same, whatever :p chatting with a Japanese person is chatting with a Japanese person, it's cool finding common ground

Sorry about that, eheh.

I want a Japanese friend. All I get are people who shout "no!" at me when I ask them to repeat what they said at the island. ;_;

lol It's okay. Also, just gotta be patient. I had a lot of dudes from Japan blow me off before I met her. Also, Wakarimasen is your friend. For whenever you don't understand something.

Symphonic

Who knows what could've been if that bastard Boomer wasn't prowling around during our private convo!

tumblr_mokuhtgn2j1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

See him skulking waaaaay in the background? Dude wants to leave my town and still gets all up in my shit.

Also here's my new villager that just finished unpacking today:

tumblr_mokucbSavJ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Muthafuckin Drago the dragon. Crocodile. Crocodile dragon.

Eh it's all the same, whatever :p chatting with a Japanese person is chatting with a Japanese person, it's cool finding common ground

Haha I'm just kiddin' man. She seems like a lady from all the stuff you've posted.

what's your native fruit

Why does this sound so sexual.

cherries

Niraj

Oh yeah, here's a pic from earlier of when I was playing with a couple GAFfers and a random:

tumblr_mokurhgtkx1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Dunno all their GAF names (moai is one), but Jignacio and Marco. This was our one true moment of triumph. Rest of the time we kept getting shit for medals after completing the tours. I think some of those minimum requirements for four players are too high. It sucks completing something after like 6 min and only getting three medals for your effort. They all stomped me at the diving for octopuses game. I think Marco and the girl got 10 bonus medals, Jig got 4, and I got 1
D':
Tons of fun though.

And Jignacio looks awesome

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Am I the only one who had Tortimer come to their house?

Guess my game assumed I'd never check the dock. Or the more likely situation that Tortimer knew that if he wanted to see me he'd better make the effort to come all the way.

Labrys

I'm sorry, but I laughed.
:I
lol It's okay. Also, just gotta be patient. I had a lot of dudes from Japan blow me off before I met her. Also, Wakarimasen is your friend. For whenever you don't understand something.
Alright, I'll try that out. Knew what it meant, but never thought of using it, lol. I know some Japanese and stuff, I'm just an extremely slow reader when it comes to it. I do a lot better in the listening department. Hence the "No!" and leaving the island immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom