• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT2| You Can Stack Fruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

one_kill

Fuck me. 62 hours and 50 minutes D:

I hung out with that Japanese girl again from the other day. She gifted me a yellow balloon, Varia pants (completing my Samus costume aww yeah), and a carp banner or something. I finally had the courage to ask her how old she is.....19! Whew lol. I'm still way older, but that's in the acceptable range :p

It was pretty fun though. Basically just chatted the whole time about this and that. She really likes Robin Williams and Mrs. Doubtfire of all things!

Also some of you who linked your tumblrs, I followed you, hope it wasn't too creepy since I didn't say anything til now ._.

Got a girl from Japan to give me her friend code...but she wanted to come to my town instead. Told her my house was small and meager, but she said that her house was also small as she had only been playing 1 month.

She gave me a bunch of presents. Hurt me in my pride as a villager, she did. Not to be outdone, I gave her some presents....but then she gave me even more presents. She even insisted I take a toy hammer though she had already seen the one I had.

I showed her my Luffy outfit and she said it was cute. Made my day. Then we blew bubbles using a bubble blower she gave me for a few minutes. When someone else showed up to my town, she also gave them a bubble blower. But then, just like a deer in a forest, she fled when another person showed up. And that's the story of how some girl from Japan came to my town. When I checked my friend's list right now, she changed her Mii greeting to "Baroque>>seeyou" Adorable. (Baroque is the name of my character in ACNL)

Apparently I suck at taking screenshots because this is the only decent one I got.

oggVuz7.jpg

Damn you guys! Where are you finding these Japanese girls who give you both presents? I need one!

Alright, I'll try that out. Knew what it meant, but never thought of using it, lol. I know some Japanese and stuff, I'm just an extremely slow reader when it comes to it. I do a lot better in the listening department. Hence the "No!" and leaving the island immediately.

lol Sounds like you've met a bunch of dicks. I've been getting by with Google Translate-level Japanese and they seem friendly enough. 'cept for 2 people who just flat out ignored me. Felt so cold.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ok, I think I'm starting to get why this is fun. :p

Why is it so time focused though? I want to play more but now I have nothing to do today. :(

Also, just a couple of questions:

How do I get more fruit?

How do I capture those bugs that seem to disappear when I run past a flower?

I'm going to guess that fishing rods are unlocked later?

How do I get rid of patterns I displayed on the ground?

Also might as well throw it out here. Friend code:

5000-2377-2427

Labrys

lol Sounds like you've met a bunch of dicks. I've been getting by with Google Translate-level Japanese and they seem friendly enough. 'cept for 2 people who just flat out ignored me. Felt so cold.

I'm thinking that or small children. Either way, gotta get back up on the horse, and all that.
But not tonight. I'm much to tired and worn out over server problems. My fountain will be done tomorrow, though. Got a nice place for it right in front of Town Hall.

pulga

Banned
Yes! Just caught a rainbow stag! That and the coelacanth I caught earlier have made this a fucking awesome AC night!

Lissar

Reluctant Member

Why is it so time focused though? I want to play more but now I have nothing to do today. :(

How do I get more fruit?

5000-2377-2427

Get fruit by planting fruit.

Press and hold A to get into sneaky mode with your net and you can sneak up on one if you spot it.

If you haven't already, talk to Isabelle and tell her you want to fish. She will give you a fishing rod. Also keep talking to her to get a watering can and water your flowers!

Press Y next to a pattern to get rid of it.

Oh yeah, here's a pic from earlier of when I was playing with a couple GAFfers and a random:

tumblr_mokurhgtkx1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Dunno all their GAF names (moai is one), but Jignacio and Marco. This was our one true moment of triumph. Rest of the time we kept getting shit for medals after completing the tours. I think some of those minimum requirements for four players are too high. It sucks completing something after like 6 min and only getting three medals for your effort. They all stomped me at the diving for octopuses game. I think Marco and the girl got 10 bonus medals, Jig got 4, and I got 1
D':
Tons of fun though.

And Jignacio looks awesome
That scavenger one was ridiculous. What were we doing wrong?
Marco is me

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Damn you guys! Where are you finding these Japanese girls who give you both presents? I need one!

International island hopping. Just said hi to people that joined, and eventually found one who spoke English sentences. You'll also get people who speak in japanese over and over and over. Or other things. I had a dude who kept saying, "Japanese, ok?" to everything I said, until eventually he gave up and left.

Then you'll have people that remind you of how old you are, like the 14 year old French girl I was talking to earlier. Ugh :(

How do I get more fruit?

5000-2377-2427

I'm sure by the time I post this someone else will have answered all these, but I added you. :) 2320-6152-0406 is mine.

Niraj

That scavenger one was ridiculous. What were we doing wrong?
Marco is me

I'm not sure man! I think somebody didn't have all their stuff in? I was surprised that girl seemed upset about us taking everything and dropping it in the middle :/ It's way too much of a pain if you don't do that

Antiwhippy

Get fruit by planting fruit.

Press and hold A to get into sneaky mode with your net and you can sneak up on one if you spot it.

If you haven't already, talk to Isabelle and tell her you want to fish. She will give you a fishing rod. Also keep talking to her to get a watering can and water your flowers!

Press Y next to a pattern to get rid of it.

For the fruit thing I was more talking about getting different variety of fruits.

I'm sure by the time I post this someone else will have answered all these, but I added you. :) 2320-6152-0406 is mine.

Added!

It's kinda weird how the 3DS doesn't tell you if someone has added you.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Got the game yesterday and have been getting the 018-0512 when trying to go a friends town. I did everything I usually do with my consoles for my 3DS and it still seems to happen. x: Is there some kind of solution? Everything is closed in my town and I want to sell my random junks.

I'm not sure man! I think somebody didn't have all their stuff in? I was surprised that girl seemed upset about us taking everything and dropping it in the middle :/ It's way too much of a pain if you don't do that
I've actually never done it that way before. But I've also never done it with all 4 people, either. It works pretty well, though!

Lissar

Reluctant Member
For the fruit thing I was more talking about getting different variety of fruits..

Isabelle will give you one kind. You can get a few from the island once you unlock it. Most of the fruit you get will be through trading.

Oh my god. I am deciding what my character will wear before the next day starts so I can look good if any picture opportunities arise.

Help.

Dug

Banned

How do I get more fruit?

5000-2377-2427
added FC: 3454 - 0652 - 0111

Zabuza

Banned

How do I get more fruit?

5000-2377-2427
Added you.

Antiwhippy

Isabelle will give you one kind. You can get a few from the island once you unlock it. Most of the fruit you get will be through trading.

Oh my god. I am deciding what my character will wear before the next day starts so I can look good if any picture opportunities arise.

Help.

If you would like, I could bring over the fruits that you don't have.
0103 9461 9036

Alright, that's good to know.

I'll also add you hawthorsekitty. I'll be offline soon though.

Btw, what is the etiquette for visiting other towns? Do I PM first or just drop by anytime?

Niraj

I've actually never done it that way before. But I've also never done it with all 4 people, either. It works pretty well, though!

Oh I definitely can understand that, hope I didn't sound insulting. She seemed genuinely upset though :p you took it in stride!

Kuusoge

Is there any way to tell if someone best friend-ed you?

Also I added both of you zabuza and antiwhippy. My FC: 0473-7768-5929

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
All these connection errors are driving me nuts. It seems totally fine with western US players, but as soon as I head east at all it turns into New Super Resetti Bros. Ugh. Anyway, got a path down today, I'm okay with not moving trees too much. I'd have to wait for a lot of them to re-grow their fruit so I don't get rid of something important.

...Expect a SwapNote very shortly, Marco. Veeeerry shortly. :]

The netcode feels like it always fails on the other person's end, not yours. I've got rather good service, but sometimes when one person crashes Mr. Resetti and his Ban Bird come out and take down everyone.

It would be better if that person simply disconnected rather than ruining the party. :[

RagnarokX

For the fruit thing I was more talking about getting different variety of fruits.

Added!

It's kinda weird how the 3DS doesn't tell you if someone has added you.

Unlock the island. Go to the island. Take a tour where the goal isn't to collect fruit. Collect fruit if it's one you don't have yet. Repeat. Take the fruit back home.

I'm having a mare getting this set up so that people can visit my town.

I've set up a static I.P address for my 3DS. I have also added it to DMZ. But the game still crashes when people join my game.

I have played online with games like MarioKart for dozens of hours with no issues. I can join other people's towns no problem. But I simply get get the game to allow people into my (very bare at the moment) town of Banshee :(

Has anyone got any ideas above what I have already tried? Thanks.

pulga

Banned
Unlock the island. Go to the island. Take a tour where the goal isn't to collect fruit. Collect fruit if it's one you don't have yet. Repeat. Take the fruit back home.

Dude, I caught a rainbow stag at your island, Im gonna love you forever. Was so scared my iphone hotspot was gonna fuck up.

Oh I definitely can understand that, hope I didn't sound insulting. She seemed genuinely upset though :p you took it in stride!
First instinct when I played the scavenger hunt for the first time was to stuff my pockets full of furniture and hope I could keep some of it. So dumping it afterwards wasn't much of a stretch. ;)
...Expect a SwapNote very shortly, Marco. Veeeerry shortly. :]
BAH-BAH

Dreavus

Does anyone know off the top of their head if the AC bundle in NA (Best Buy only up here in Canada, IIRC) was limited edition, or should I expect some more to come in?

I've been very tempted to pick it up, but the current local stock situation (zero) has been making my choice for me so far.

Ahhh, I dont know what to do. I can get AC for €31,50 and then get Luigis Mansion 2 as a download for free, or get Luigi for €45 and get AC as a free download. Its a pretty big price difference but AC is the perfect game to have as a download ; (

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ahhh, I dont know what to do. I can get AC for €31,50 and then get Luigis Mansion 2 as a download for free, or get Luigi for €45 and get AC as a free download. Its a pretty big price difference but AC is the perfect game to have as a download ; (
Just get the cheaper Animal Crossing. Doesn't matter if it is physical because you will not be taking it out of your system for a loooooooong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom