• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Crazy idea time.

With Niraj and celebi23 allowing catalog access to their music libraries in recent days, any thought to coordinating our K.K. requests tonight to effectively complete the entire track roster?

We could make a list of names and the missing tracks we're requesting to ensure all of the remaining tracks are covered.

By my count between the two of them we're still missing the following:

- DJ K.K. (which folks have been asking about requesting already today)
- Hypno K.K.
- I Love You
- King K.K.
- K.K. Aria
- K.K. Bossa
- K.K. Calypso
- K.K. Casbah
- K.K. Chorale
- K.K. Condor
- K.K. D&B
- K.K. Disco
- K.K. Dixie
- K.K. Étude
- K.K. Gumbo
- K.K. Island
- K.K. Love Song
- K.K. Marathon
- K.K. March
- K.K. Parade
- K.K. Ragtime
- K.K. Rally
- K.K. Safari
- K.K. Salsa
- K.K. Sonata
- K.K. Song
- K.K. Stroll
- K.K. Swing
- K.K. Technopop
- K.K. Western
- Lucky K.K.
- Mountain Song
- My Place
- Señor K.K.
- Steep Hill
- To the Edge

I know I have:
KK Disco
KK Calypso
KK Bossa (not sure)
KK Ragtime
Mountain Song

Crazy idea time.

With Niraj and celebi23 allowing catalog access to their music libraries in recent days, any thought to coordinating our K.K. requests tonight to effectively complete the entire track roster?

We could make a list of names and the missing tracks we're requesting to ensure all of the remaining tracks are covered.

- DJ K.K. (which folks have been asking about requesting already today)
- Hypno K.K.
- I Love You
- King K.K.
- K.K. Aria
- K.K. Bossa - MicH (maybe / maybe not)
- K.K. Calypso - MicH
- K.K. Casbah
- K.K. Chorale
- K.K. Condor
- K.K. D&B
- K.K. Disco - MicH
- K.K. Dixie
- K.K. Étude
- K.K. Gumbo
- K.K. Island
- K.K. Love Song
- K.K. Marathon
- K.K. March
- K.K. Parade - swirlyglasses
- K.K. Ragtime - MicH
- K.K. Rally
- K.K. Safari
- K.K. Salsa
- K.K. Sonata
- K.K. Song
- K.K. Stroll
- K.K. Swing
- K.K. Technopop
- K.K. Western
- Lucky K.K.
- Mountain Song - MicH
- My Place
- Señor K.K.
- Steep Hill - swirlyglasses
- To the Edge
I have "I Love You"

UberTag

Can each one of our village characters request a song?
I could feasibly knock 4 tracks off the list myself tonight.

Crazy idea time.

Next week I will request Lucky K.K. and K.K. March.

Soulmate

Banned
from that list I have:

- King K.K.
- K.K. Casbah
- K.K. Island
- K.K. Love Song
- K.K. Rally
- K.K. Safari
- K.K. Song
- K.K. Stroll
- K.K. Western
- To the Edge
- K.K. Sonata
- K.K. Disco

But I need to order them.

Elija2

Crazy idea time.

I'm gonna request "My Place" tonight.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Completing his discography two weeks after Club LOL opened seems a bit much. Half the appeal is getting a new song each week.

I went to the mall today and hung out in the Best Buy parking lot trying to get the item, but neither their Wi-Fi or my 3DS seemed strong enough to connect.

Is the wi-fi trick as simple as changing my router's name to 'Bestbuy' or is there something more complicated I need to know?

That's it, I setup a hotspot with my iMac's Wireless Sharing (no security) and it worked fine. Just need to remember to edit your normal SSID connection (add an extra character to the string or something) so it doesn't auto-default to that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Mass music catalogathon coming soon then? Only had my first KK Slider night tonight, can't believe people have so many tracks already. Can definitely join in next week if there are any left to get. Have three saves here that can contribute.

Thanks for all the trades today, I comoleted blue, polka dot and modern themes. Going to move on to rustic for a while to help out my HHA challenge.

I have the following ranch items, would appreciate help with cataloging the rest
ranch chair
ranch couch
ranch dresser
ranch wall rack
Ranch flooring

Alternatively if you have whole cabin or cabana sets that would be great

Also any rustic themed single items - pot plants, bonsai etc.

My catalog of items I can order for you is here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsOiUIfkczM6dGFReGxtVVJXdDk4MjZjWklEY3B4RGc&usp=sha

SmithnCo

Completing his discography two weeks after Club LOL opened seems a bit much. Half the appeal is getting a new song each week.

Plus there's a badge for listening to a lot of KK songs.

I want to get at least bronze of all the badges, so I'm not in too much of a hurry for songs.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
This so much; I like discovering new songs when they are played first so I may have a better chance of falling in love with them. What's the rush anyways?

Ellix

I have the following ranch items, would appreciate help with cataloging the rest
ranch chair
ranch couch
ranch dresser
ranch wall rack
Ranch flooring

I don't have any of the ones you listed (except flooring), but I do have Ranch Armchair, Bed, Bookcase, Table and Wall. I could order them all for tomorrow when I come by for the Modern furniture?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Do you need full sets for the HHA theme challenge, or just throw items with the same theme in rooms? Looking around it seems like the standard set bonuses don't apply, it's just number of items x multiplier based on how many external themed changes you have in place?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I don't have any of the ones you listed (except flooring), but I do have Ranch Armchair, Bed, Bookcase, Table and Wall. I could order them all for tomorrow when I come by for the Modern furniture?

Sounds perfect. You want me to order those other ranch items for you too?

UberTag

Do you need full sets for the HHA theme challenge, or just throw items with the same theme in rooms? Looking around it seems like the standard set bonuses don't apply, it's just number of items x multiplier based on how many external themed changes you have in place?
Yeah, theme bonuses don't apply here. Just the volume of items that fit your trending category.

Up to 48 per room.
Must be unique in the room (dupes won't count - but they will if you split them between different rooms).
90% of the items or more in your room should match your theme.
Have as many of the 5 exterior components aligned to your theme as possible to boost that multiplier (although it sounds like your bonus maxes out here so long as you have at least 3).
Avoid orientation issues and table items on the ground.
At least have the bed, chair, dresser, table and wardrobe of a particular series all together to earn your 150K bonus.
That seems to be about it.

Subtracting the 150K bonus, you'll need 950K split between your 5 rooms to earn the 1.1 million.
That's 190K per room. The FAQ makes it seem like focusing on one or two rooms and emptying out the others may be a viable strategy.

Ellix

Sounds perfect. You want me to order those other ranch items for you too?

I'd like to catalogue them but I won't need to take the actual furniture with me. If you will order it for yourself anyway I'd be glad to catalogue 'em while I'm there!

For the music people: I plan to request K.K. Gumbo tonight, and next week K.K. Technopop or D&B since those are my next most wanted.

ranch chair
ranch couch
ranch dresser
ranch wall rack
Ranch flooring

I could order the Ranch Hutch for you. :) As well as the following Cabin: rug, bed, dresser, wardrobe, couch, low table, bookcase, and clock. (Not sure what you need.)

I'm expecting a painting to come in the mail tomorrow morning so I'd have to spread it out over two mail deliveries if you want them.

Love to complete my blue and polka dot series' if you're interested.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
I think I'm done. I did my morning dealings (find the fossils, water the flowers, get fossils assessed, sell them to Resse, hit the stores, get my coffee, run errands for whatever villagers are awake) and I haven't touched the game since then and no desire to. I think I've New Leaf'd myself out. I dunno....we'll see what tomorrow holds. Maybe I'll check if my one black rose wilted yet so I can see it turn golden.

My girlfriend just freaked me the hell out with this about Cousteau.

e9gG8VK.png

I know it's a mustache but I can totally see where she's coming from.

I have him in my town. I'll poke his "moustache" to see what happens.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I think I'm done. I did my morning dealings (find the fossils, water the flowers, get fossils assessed, sell them to Resse, hit the stores, get my coffee, run errands for whatever villagers are awake) and I haven't touched the game since then and no desire to. I think I've New Leaf'd myself out. I dunno....we'll see what tomorrow holds. Maybe I'll check if my one black rose wilted yet so I can see it turn golden.
Always good to have periods where you just do the bare minimum and put it down.

This is why I'm not rushing my game. Haven't got a perfect town, haven't even paid off my house fully. I just do the bare minimum and if inspiration strikes I play a bit more.

Always good to have periods where you just do the bare minimum and put it down.

This is why I'm not rushing my game. Haven't got a perfect town, haven't even paid off my house fully. I just do the bare minimum and if inspiration strikes I play a bit more.

Yeah me too man. I mean I could pay off my loan in full in as many days as the game would allow me. But I haven't furnished my current rooms properly yet.Expanding too much will cause a lack of focus and I'll lose interest as I would have 'won'.

At the moment I'm trying to regain my lost perfect town status, and catch my mortal enemy, a tarantula. I haven't even touched HHA yet.

So much to do still!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, theme bonuses don't apply here. Just the volume of items that fit your trending category.

Up to 48 per room.
Must be unique in the room (dupes won't count - but they will if you split them between different rooms).
90% of the items or more in your room should match your theme.
Have as many of the 5 exterior components aligned to your theme as possible to boost that multiplier (although it sounds like your bonus maxes out here so long as you have at least 3).
Avoid orientation issues and table items on the ground.
At least have the bed, chair, dresser, table and wardrobe of a particular series all together to earn your 150K bonus.
That seems to be about it.

Subtracting the 150K bonus, you'll need 950K split between your 5 rooms to earn the 1.1 million.
That's 190K per room. The FAQ makes it seem like focusing on one or two rooms and emptying out the others may be a viable strategy.

but if you can have dupe items across different rooms, can't you just fill each room with the same 48 'on theme' items? eg I have a full modern wood, green, alpine and blue furniture themes. I could order 5 sets of each (slowly, granted) and just cram my house from top to bottom?

Elija2

I'm not sure if this has been confirmed or not, but if I want my grass to regrow do I just have to place a flower on that tile or do I have to continue to water that flower?

KK Slider stops playing at midnight? What sort of club is this? Serves me right for having a social life. Staying in next Saturday night, noted.

zroid

Banned
I'm not sure if this has been confirmed or not, but if I want my grass to regrow do I just have to place a flower on that tile or do I have to continue to water that flower?

I read you have to water it, but honestly I've yet to see any sign of grass recovery with or without flowers.

Despera

Banned
AC in da house!

LTTP, I know :p

btw guys, is there any guide for a first timer? At least a few things to help me set up initially so I don't permanently ruin the game. I already know about what village layouts are good and bad, but is there anything else I should know?

And I won't be able to do any multiplayer stuff for a couple of weeks, which is a bummer.

Elija2

I read you have to water it, but honestly I've yet to see any sign of grass recovery with or without flowers.

The growth probably negates if you walk through the flowers enough times. I can't believe they made it so that even walking decays the grass a bit.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
AC in da house!

btw guys, is there any guide for a first timer? At least a few things to help me set up initially so I don't permanently ruin the game. I already know about what village layouts are good and bad, but is there anything else I should know?

And I won't be able to do any multiplayer stuff for a couple of weeks, which is a bummer.

Fantastic guide here.

http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
AC in da house!

talk to everybody every day. If you see a perfect fruit, don't eat it - it might take a while before you get another.

take it at your own pace.

Wear sunscreen

Anybody's R-T buying turnips at a decent price? Or even over 100?

My wife is trying to unload hers but our town is at 32 bells :(

4596-9608-6492, please let me know!

MicH

Some of you may know that I have two copies of this game. The digital is my main game and the physical is my "dummy" game. I haven't really used the physical copy, but as I have said plenty of times, I really want Cheri. So I restarted the dummy game a few times (way too many, so many Chows, Sparros and Pinkys) and never got Cheri. I did get the "perfect" game in my eyes.

Villagers:
Ankha
Apple
Genji
Jeremiah
Lolly

They are all so CUTE! I couldn't restart this one, so I kept it, lol.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
KK Slider stops playing at midnight? What sort of club is this? Serves me right for having a social life. Staying in next Saturday night, noted.
Should have done what I did last Saturday. I snuck off to the loos around 8pm and got my K.K. fill and nobody noticed.

Shame he finished at midnight. Would have been nice to hear his wailing on the bus home at 3 in the morning.

ngower

That's it, I setup a hotspot with my iMac's Wireless Sharing (no security) and it worked fine. Just need to remember to edit your normal SSID connection (add an extra character to the string or something) so it doesn't auto-default to that.

Gave it a go and couldn't sort out the connectivity settings. Oh well.

Megatron

Crazy idea time.

I will request Lucky K.K.

I guess tomorrow will be a massive traveling day? Probably we should have Soulmate host if he's going to have all those songs tomorrow, and people like myself who only get one song can just donate their one song so people who come after them can catalog their song, catalog everything that's there at the time, then come back later for any songs that were added to the catlog later.

Philia

Crazy idea time.

I'll do KK Aria.

anybody out there with some extra art? Roscoe has sold me real dynamic paintings two days in a row.

Oh, and Tia gave me her pic today after I gave her a horned hercules.

tumblr_mpweqqUxpN1qjxfono1_400.jpg

Philia

anybody out there with some extra art? Roscoe has sold me real dynamic paintings two days in a row.

Oh, and Tia gave me her pic today after I gave her a horned hercules.

tumblr_mpweqqUxpN1qjxfono1_400.jpg

There's so many things in this pic.

1. Dat outfit lol
2. Tia's ADORABLE! ;3
3. Congrats on getting the pic. I imagine you had a horned hercules in storage since it looks like daytime still in this photo.

talk to everybody every day. If you see a perfect fruit, don't eat it - it might take a while before you get another.

take it at your own pace.

Wear sunscreen

Since I started with the review copy before launch, I had no idea how rare perfect fruit would be. Still haven't seen another.

Since I started with the review copy before launch, I had no idea how rare perfect fruit would be. Still haven't seen another.
Lol I sold them at the beginning as well XD Took the perfect apples from a Gaffer who was restarting his town =P. Now I have orchards of perfect apples =D

Edit: And before Philia reprimand me I went into this game mostly blind cept for her excellent beginner's guide/posts XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom