• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
The Re-tail I have is totally surrounded with fruit I just harvested and my new apple, pear and orange trees haven't even borne fruit yet. Also, hoping for good turnip price, obviously.

zigg

Okay. Now explain that again in English. Who knew breeding flowers could be so complicated? I just get happy when stuff pops up. I have a black tulip and a purple rose. I'm happy.
Haha, sorry. Basically, I think it matters where your flowers came from.

Pure red+yellow roses can produce red, yellow, or orange roses. The result can act in another cross as itself, red, or yellow. So this allows a red+yellow to produce a black, because the yellow may have been the product of a previous red+yellow cross, meaning it has red genes in it.

The bought vs. bred variable only comes into play for red roses, correct?
I think it potentially affects nearly any cross, if you buy into the parentage gene theory (which I am leaning toward, since I see evidence of it in a lot of folks' "WTF just happened" posts and FAQs.)

A bought flower should be pure—its parents don't exist. But a bred flower may have one of many parents, which in turn affects what it can produce.

But in reality, for most crosses except those you need to tightly control, it's not a dealbreaker. You just may get some occasional strange results.

tsab

HAAAALP. I trashed the island and chopped all the banana and coconut trees (I thought it regenerates).

Is there a mini game that has coconuts and bananas so I can plant some?

Nemesis_

Really want to build a bridge somewhere in my town but there's a rock opposite the river in the perfect position.

Do all rocks become "breakable" eventually? Or is it pointless to wait and I should just build the bridge elsewhere?

Wolfe

I can't be the only one who misses the shopping card aspect of the previous game, can I?

I mean, it's not like you have to spend a lot of money, but it's better than carrying bags of money around.

EDIT:... On second thought, now that I remember what the card is meant for, maybe it's for the best it's gone.

While this is my first AC the thought of that sounds interesting as I already hate pulling money out of the ATM so that I can pay off my deposit... at the same ATM? (for example)

Anyway thanks again Irish/Klaw for letting me stop by your towns, time for sleep.

Celegus

HAAAALP. I trashed the island and chopped all the banana and coconut trees (I thought it regenerates).

Is there a mini game that has coconuts and bananas so I can plant some?

You mean a tour? You can't keep anything from those. Your best bet would be to have someone visit and drop off some fruit so you can replant the island.

Coquette

Haha, sorry. Basically, I think it matters where your flowers came from.

Pure red+yellow roses can produce red, yellow, or orange roses. The result can act in another cross as itself, red, or yellow. So this allows a red+yellow to produce a black, because the yellow may have been the product of a previous red+yellow cross, meaning it has red genes in it.

I think it potentially affects nearly any cross, if you buy into the parentage gene theory (which I am leaning toward, since I see evidence of it in a lot of folks' "WTF just happened" posts and FAQs.)

A bought flower should be pure—its parents don't exist. But a bred flower may have one of many parents, which in turn affects what it can produce.

But in reality, for most crosses except those you need to tightly control, it's not a dealbreaker. You just may get some occasional strange results.

Oooooh I didn't mean literally! I understood what you were saying I was just making fun of how damn complex it is. :)

Thank you though. <3

You mean a tour? You can't keep anything from those. Your best bet would be to have someone visit and drop off some fruit so you can replant the island.

Not true. You absolutely CAN keep things from the tours. So they can go on a say fishing tour and harvest whatever fruit they see and then plant it on the island.

beta_fuse

I was able to keep fruit from certain tours. The bug catching and fishing ones I'm pretty sure you can keep flowers and fruit.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So a few questions:

1) How do I go about planting new trees? My native fruit is oranges. I'd like to get some other stuff. Also, I just don't know how to plant more trees in general. Bury fruit? But how?

2) Where do I get storage space? I bought a storage locker from Re-Tail, so that helps a little, but is there more storage space at some point?

3) I have an empty can that I fished up. Where can I dispose of it?

4) What's the deal with the fortune teller? She told me that someone in a red coat and I will have a great friendship, but the Leaf Tee is the key (or something like that)? I'm a bit confused!

Thanks for any help!

Ragnamith

Got a couple of questions..

To get perfect fruit, do you just need to shake a tree with fruit and wait for new fruit to grown back? Or do you need to grow new trees and then hope for a perfect fruit?

Then, could somebody post that image of the perfect island tree-layout? Or tell me about it.

Thanks in advance!

Coquette

So a few questions:

1) How do I go about planting new trees? My native fruit is oranges. I'd like to get some other stuff. Also, I just don't know how to plant more trees in general. Bury fruit? But how?

2) Where do I get storage space? I bought a storage locker from Re-Tail, so that helps a little, but is there more storage space at some point?

3) I have an empty can that I fished up. Where can I dispose of it?

4) What's the deal with the fortune teller? She told me that someone in a red coat and I will have a great friendship, but the Leaf Tee is the key (or something like that)? I'm a bit confused!

Thanks for any help!

1. You need to find people to trade with or buy fruit from to get new trees. And yes, to plant more fruit trees you dig a hole and bury a fruit. :)

2. The storage space/pocket space is all the same, unfortunately. One of the main drawbacks to the game but as your house expands, you'll have more room for stuff everywhere.

3. Unfortunately, until you get a trash can, you have to pay Re-Tail to take the garbage away.

4. Katrina is crazy.

Well it's your Cat Tower so I'll travel :p

Fair enough but I don't mind traveling next time. Gates are open for you. :)

MicH

1. You need to find people to trade with or buy fruit from to get new trees. And yes, to plant more fruit trees you dig a hole and bury a fruit. :)

2. The storage space/pocket space is all the same, unfortunately. One of the main drawbacks to the game but as your house expands, you'll have more room for stuff everywhere.

3. Unfortunately, until you get a trash can, you have to pay Re-Tail to take the garbage away.

4. Katrina is crazy.

Fair enough but I don't mind traveling next time. Gates are open for you. :)
Can I come over now as well?

Ragnamith

So a few questions:

1) How do I go about planting new trees? My native fruit is oranges. I'd like to get some other stuff. Also, I just don't know how to plant more trees in general. Bury fruit? But how?!

You dig a hole with a shovel, stand by the hole and open your menu and bury a fruit. Other fruits can be traded with other players and I think Isabelle gives you one other type of fruit at one point.
I currently have pears, lemons, coconuts, bananas, cherries, lychees available in my town, PM me if you want some!

2) Where do I get storage space? I bought a storage locker from Re-Tail, so that helps a little, but is there more storage space at some point?!
The only extra storage I know about is by adding items "onto" letters you've received. It's not very convenient but it's something. Also.... you can stack fruit.

3) I have an empty can that I fished up. Where can I dispose of it? !
You can get rid of it at Nookling Junction, at re-tail it will actually cost you to get rid of it.

4) What's the deal with the fortune teller? She told me that someone in a red coat and I will have a great friendship, but the Leaf Tee is the key (or something like that)? I'm a bit confused!!

I dont know, mine told me to find a Cow tank :|

Linius

It's raining like crazy in my town, I'm just escaping.

Mich, bring your music, we can swap there at Coquette's town.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hell yes. I got Kicks today and Shrunk came for the signatures. And Tutu is finally gone. I didn't not like her, but she was the least interesting villager.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
You dig a hole with a shovel, stand by the hole and open your menu and bury a fruit. Other fruits can be traded with other players and I think Isabelle gives you one other type of fruit at one point.
I currently have pears, lemons, coconuts, bananas, cherries, lychees available in my town, PM me if you want some!

The only extra storage I know about is by adding items "onto" letters you've received. It's not very convenient but it's something. Also.... you can stack fruit.

You can get rid of it at Nookling Junction, at re-tail it will actually cost you to get rid of it.

I dont know, mine told me to find a Cow tank :|

Thanks to you and Coquette for the info.

Regarding various fruits, I will be PM'ing you about that. :) I'd love to decorate my town in fun new fruits! I will be on Wifi again in about 2.5 hours, so I can get things sorted out then over lunch.

Oh, and when do I get an Axe and a Bug Net?

Hugstable

Banned
Anyone have Katrina or Redd today?

I also started my orchard today but only like 5 trees out of 25 died. Are those spots with the dead trees not able to have any trees be successful there in that spot?

one_kill

So a few questions:

Thanks for any help!
So far for storage I've used:
- Lockers/cabinets/dressers
- House (you can put items on the floor)
- Re-Tail
- Letters
- Outside my house (some items can't be put outside though)
- Museum rooms (you'll get this later on)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
421936_539730869416899_1450288296_n.jpg

decorated my basement now.

BowieZ

Banned
Two things:

Tip: playing games with campers repeatedly is such a good way of nabbing extra furniture!

The polka dot table has got to be one of the coolest pieces of furniture outright. IKEA inspired I think.

I saw Tortimer for the first time today but I didn't speak to him because it was just a lunch time quick play. I couldn't get to see him again at night so does that mean I still can't travel to the island tomorrow and have to talk to Tortimer just to get the boat arrived the day after tomorrow?

Ragnamith

Thanks to you and Coquette for the info.

Regarding various fruits, I will be PM'ing you about that. :) I'd love to decorate my town in fun new fruits! I will be on Wifi again in about 2.5 hours, so I can get things sorted out then over lunch.

Oh, and when do I get an Axe and a Bug Net?

Different fruits also seem to make your villagers happy :p
Bug net should be for sale at Nooklings, just check every day.
Axe will be for sale in the gardening shop once it's opened up. I think it opens a day after you paid your second debt? Not sure.
He will either sell an Axe or a Watering can.
I really need an Axe but the gardening shop has been selling watering cans for three days on a row now :(

Celegus

Not true. You absolutely CAN keep things from the tours. So they can go on a say fishing tour and harvest whatever fruit they see and then plant it on the island.

I was able to keep fruit from certain tours. The bug catching and fishing ones I'm pretty sure you can keep flowers and fruit.

Well! Consider my mind blown. I didn't think you could!

Also, I just bought a tall display case from the museum shop, but I can't seem to figure out how to put something in it. You can, right?

zroid

Banned
where does katie go? IrishNinja dropped her off at the station but I can't find her anywhere

The way it seems to be is if someone drops Katie off at your town, there'll be a high probability of her showing up within the next couple days. She doesn't just appear immediately.

mantidor

OMG

I feel so dumb, you see Lucky was one of the first villagers in my town, I thought he was just a clever joke (since he's in bandages), and I didn't give it a second thought his house is always egyptian decorated, but now after he asked for a pyramid as a public work project the truth dawned on me.

He didn't have an accident, he's a freaking mummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom