• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animekatt

Ahh about the wilted flower. I never had a wilted or black flower, so now I know. It's weird though. I know I watered it when I planted just a few hours ago. Oh well.

Will the rain water it back to health?

Koren

Yeah, not as big of a deal - but if you make a big deal of planting them you can still have a pretty decent haul for little work. Now you've got the island and other things you make going online much more worth it. Today I had a 60k sale of my perfect/foreign fruits, which while is much less than an island one but is no effort for a nice little pocket of change every few days.
If you have access to a different town, perfect fruits are quite efficient. An orchad of 30 trees means 270k twice a week, faster than the island for the same amount. You just have to replant them each month.

And you can easily have 100+ trees, so possibly several millions a week for very little work.

BowieZ

Banned
So Redd didn't show up for me at all on Monday/Tuesday.

Unless he doesn't always park on the Tree Plaza and I just missed him somehow.

Chopper

Here's a guide to flower hybrids.

You can get a black rose from
  • Red and Red Roses
  • Red and Orange Roses
  • Blue and Red Roses
  • Black and Black Roses (Best combination)
I got my first black rose yesterday, and it appeared in the middle of a red and yellow rose bed. No red roses were touching, though it did appear between two red roses, which is very weird. I'm still trying to work that one out.

UberTag

If you have access to a different town, perfect fruits are quite efficient. An orchad of 30 trees means 270k twice a week, faster than the island for the same amount. You just have to replant them each month.

And you can easily have 100+ trees, so possibly several millions a week for very little work.
I take it there's no easy way to start the perfect fruit train rolling, is there?
I had a perfect orange on my first day which I accidentally ate and haven't had one grow in any of my harvests since.

I suppose I could always trade for a perfect orange from someone else.

zigg

I got my first black rose yesterday, and it appeared in the middle of a red and yellow rose bed. No red roses were touching, though it did appear between two red roses, which is very weird. I'm still trying to work that one out.
Possibility: remember that a parent can act as one of its ancestors in a cross, and that flowers can spawn themselves. So (and this is quite a bit of a long shot, admittedly), consider a yellow spawn from a red/yellow pair, acting as its red parent to cross with another red to make a black.

...I'm not sure this is the right explanation, but maybe? I don't believe I've seen a child spawn between parents.

This has got to be the most complex game system Nintendo has ever invented. :lol

IrishNinja

okay looks like everyone's done wiht Redd here, might go to klaw's in a bit to see katrina.....anyone else wanna buy art real quick?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
okay looks like everyone's done wiht Redd here, might go to klaw's in a bit to see katrina.....anyone else wanna buy art real quick?

didn't work for me - statue was the only legit art I think, and it said you'd already bought it? could others still buy it then?

colinp

Banned

Ooh!! I just realized, how long you staying open for? If you can wait ten mins or so I'd love to jump in =D, no worries if you're too busy though, I understand!

IrishNinja

didn't work for me - statue was the only legit art I think, and it said you'd already bought it? could others still buy it then?

aw crap man im sorry, id hoped he'd restock...my bad! t-money just bought a painting of some kind, so 2 left? wanna try your luck? crap didnt know it worked like that, makes sense i guess

Ooh!! I just realized, how long you staying open for? If you can wait ten mins or so I'd love to jump in =D, no worries if you're too busy though, I understand!

i might jump over to klaw's and come back by then! ill open gates at any point im here though, going to bed in a half hour or so

Oxx

My Gyroid problem is going to come to a head eventually. I'm going to bankrupt myself if I keep having to expand my house to store them all.

zigg

My Gyroid problem is going to come to a head eventually. I'm going to bankrupt myself if I keep having to expand my house to store them all.
Get some exhibit rooms at Museum 2F! In my view that is basically what they are for.

Petrie

Banned
Crosspost from turnips topic:

I think I'm going to have to trade this game away. Not that I don't enjoy it, but I just got my 3DS recently and have lots I want to play, and instead I keep playing AC because I feel like if I don't I'm falling behind/missing out/etc. I know this is my own mental hurdle, but it feels like if I have the game I need to try and get the most out of it, but I was having more "fun" playing Theatrhythm last night, yet stopped because "Oh god not getting the max bells I can!"

Or maybe I can be less psycho.

Help me!!!

afoni

Banned
Someone wanted me to serenade his Mint, so I sent her a love letter.

Spearmint is green.
Peppermint is blue.
I prefer pepper,
'cus it's hot like you.​

I'm a fucking poet.

Coquette

Possibility: remember that a parent can act as one of its ancestors in a cross, and that flowers can spawn themselves. So (and this is quite a bit of a long shot, admittedly), consider a yellow spawn from a red/yellow pair, acting as its red parent to cross with another red to make a black.

...I'm not sure this is the right explanation, but maybe? I don't believe I've seen a child spawn between parents.

This has got to be the most complex game system Nintendo has ever invented. :lol

O_O

Okay. Now explain that again in English. Who knew breeding flowers could be so complicated? I just get happy when stuff pops up. I have a black tulip and a purple rose. I'm happy.

That's dedication!

"Dedicated." I like it! I'm dedicated to ACNL, not obsessed. Sounds much nicer!

Oxx

Get some exhibit rooms at Museum 2F! In my view that is basically what they are for.

Yeah, I just need Redd back so I can donate some art.

I ran away from him the first time he showed-up because I was afraid of getting a fake.

I could always just give my gyroids away.

Linius

Coquette, will you be around for a while? I have to get to the store first but I'd like to come by later in the afternoon if you can :)

FlynnCL

Unconfirmed Member
Ahh about the wilted flower. I never had a wilted or black flower, so now I know. It's weird though. I know I watered it when I planted just a few hours ago. Oh well.

Will the rain water it back to health?

I remember reading that if you water a wilted flower, you'll have to wait until the following day for it to be brought back to health...

I'm not entirely sure about rain, but I read that rain will prevent flowers from wilting. It's odd that your rose wilted...

Hugstable

Banned
Crosspost from turnips topic:

I think I'm going to have to trade this game away. Not that I don't enjoy it, but I just got my 3DS recently and have lots I want to play, and instead I keep playing AC because I feel like if I don't I'm falling behind/missing out/etc. I know this is my own mental hurdle, but it feels like if I have the game I need to try and get the most out of it, but I was having more "fun" playing Theatrhythm last night, yet stopped because "Oh god not getting the max bells I can!"

Or maybe I can be less psycho.

Help me!!!

Play at your own pace. If you're stressing out over this game, you might be playing it wrong.

colinp

Banned
aw crap man im sorry, id hoped he'd restock...my bad! t-money just bought a painting of some kind, so 2 left? wanna try your luck? crap didnt know it worked like that, makes sense i guess

i might jump over to klaw's and come back by then! ill open gates at any point im here though, going to bed in a half hour or so

Ah ok! You free? What's your FC? Mine is 2294-4298-0966

Petrie

Banned
Play at your own pace. If you're stressing out over this game, you might be playing it wrong.

I always get this way with these types of games, where if a day goes by where something could in theory be constructed, or money could be earned, or something, then I feel I'm wasting time if I don't ensure it happens that day. It's definitely my issue. Oh well.

Chopper

That's what I assumed happened. It's impossible to keep track of which flowers have been bought and which have been bred now though. It's not something I want to spend time thinking about. I'm happy with the odd surprise!

Except for my purple and orange rose beds though. I've got my beady eye on those bad boys.

Wolfe

arggh cannot find katie to take to klaw's

sorry colnip gimme a bit

I got an error while in Klaws town as someone was joining, I was stuck in convo with wart directly in front of the train station door, dunno if that was the cause :(

Oh yeah and like I was trying to say in your town I was surprised cause I bought that painting on a whim and it ended up being the same one (only one I've donated so far) I stuck in the museum, or at the very least it's the fake version of it lol. But as I said I just wanted something to put up in my house anyway :p

IrishNinja

I got an error while in Klaws town as someone was joining, I was stuck in convo with wart directly in front of the train station door, dunno if that was the cause :(

ah my fault then man, my bad.. still tryin to find her over here, she literally showed up this morning asking me to take her, i said no and she wandered around...now i cant find her at all

UberTag

Anyone have Katrina today? I just found out about having to talk to her 20 times just to get her shop to open -_-.
Pattern mule characters are handy for triggering this sooner.
Only needs 5 visits to every one of your villagers instead of 20 just to the mayor.

Will also make it quicker to raid Saharah's inventory (provided you've upgraded them from tents to houses).

That's what I assumed happened. It's impossible to keep track of which flowers have been bought and which have been bred now though. It's not something I want to spend time thinking about. I'm happy with the odd surprise!
The bought vs. bred variable only comes into play for red roses, correct?

mrklaw

MrArseFace

Oh yeah and like I was trying to say in your town I was surprised cause I bought that painting on a whim and it ended up being the same one (only one I've donated so far) I stuck in the museum, or at the very least it's the fake version of it lol. But as I said I just wanted something to put up in my house anyway :p

mine fell over for some reason. reopening (added pulga too)

IrishNinja

ohhhh...no good then? heh

If you have the megaphone, it's perfect for finding Katie.

god i need one of those, nook wont carry em yet....hoping theyll show in his convenience store soon

Hugstable

Banned
Only needs 5 visits to every one of your villagers instead of 20 just to the mayor.

Will also make it quicker to raid Saharah's inventory (provided you've upgraded them from tents to houses).

It's actually possible to do this? I was thinking about making a mule character or so for storage purposes but now that I know about this is might really help. I'm just worried about my mules taking up space set aside for other various things in my town.

Hugstable

Banned
Also if it's possible, how would I go about getting one of the New Leafs on my avatar. I'm still a bit new to this place, but I'm in love with this game and will probably be playing it for awhile. Would be nice to have that bit of representation on my avatar. Huggytar

Koren

Also, increased storage space is handy, and you can design more rooms.

And store patterns, 10 is far too few (I've used all of them for the roads and the flag).

But what is the best way to exchange things between players? Leaving items on the floor?

Red pansies, too, AFAIK.

Animekatt

Supposedly, yes. I water them anyway, though, because paranoia. ;)

I remember reading that if you water a wilted flower, you'll have to wait until the following day for it to be brought back to health...

I'm not entirely sure about rain, but I read that rain will prevent flowers from wilting. It's odd that your rose wilted...

Thanks guys. I'll just water it in a few minutes when I can get on the game. I'll go ahead and just water all of the hybrids while I'm at it.

Coquette

Also if it's possible, how would I go about getting one of the New Leafs on my avatar. I'm still a bit new to this place, but I'm in love with this game and will probably be playing it for awhile. Would be nice to have that bit of representation on my avatar. Huggytar

I was wondering that too actually. I'm very much graphic stuff challenged. :(

MicH

I haven gotten two black roses. One off an orange x orange pair and on off a pink x pink pair.

Also my town is not perfect anymore. Now it needs more public works lol wut? It was fine yesterday. This makes no sense

Salaadin

I'm making a Japanese styled house a well! As far as the roofing, there isn't a "zen roof" that I've seen, but the black one that you've mentioned is what I'm using. It looks great. I just remodeled my house to the "zen castle" renovation, and I love it.

I'm quite interested in your paper tiger item. Where did you get it?

Sorry. I didnt see this until now.
I believe I got the paper tiger from Redd.

I can't be the only one who misses the shopping card aspect of the previous game, can I?

I mean, it's not like you have to spend a lot of money, but it's better than carrying bags of money around.

EDIT:... On second thought, now that I remember what the card is meant for, maybe it's for the best it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom