• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT3| Crossdressing Animals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

What bugs are you guys catching to get 80+ points?

Banded Dragonfly, Tiger Butterfly, Peacock Butterfly, Agrias Butterfly, Raja Brooke Butterfly, Birdwing Butterfly... in that order of points. I think Oak Silk Moth is in between Raja and Birdwing.

I'm also on B list too. :\ Sorry to disappoint guys. I'm also missing the Firefly Lamp too.

Oh island beetles is before Raja Brooke I think.

Animekatt

Every expensive island bug will do. And at random (depends on colors and size) agrias, raja b., peacock and butterflies like that top 80 too.

Tiger Butterfly, Peacock Butterfly, Agrias Butterfly, Raja Brooke Butterfly, Birdwing Butterfly... in that order of points. I think Oak Silk Moth is in between Raja and Birdwing.

I'm also on B list too. :\ Sorry to disappoint guys. I'm also missing the Firefly Lamp too.

Thanks guys. Can't get the island beetles, since it's only 11:50a here. I'll farm those butterflies though.

Chaos17

I will repost this in case :

First if you want a lot of reward be sure to sumit bug that value less first then after the ones that are more expensive.
Otherwise you won't get much reward like me who got pretty early the highest score :(
Because it's not the quantity that count but the quality/size.

Also depending of the colors of the bug, you can have less or more point but since we can't know that info when we catch bug
I didn't write the different results since we can consider it pretty random.

Island bug list points
- Goliath beetle
standard size : 120 points

- Horned Atlas
standard size : 99 points
large size : 111 points

- cyclomatmatus stag
small size : 78 points
standard size : 103
large size : 134

- Golden stag
small size : 107 points
standard size : 128 points
large size : 140 points

- Horned elephant
small size : 64 points
standard size : 93 points

Sorry for my bad english

Koren

I'm still one day late with my 3DS, so my bugs off hasn't yet begun.

I hope I'll be with a A-list and be able to help (was B-list last time)... I'll let you know. Fingers crossed.

Just a question : if I give the guy a beetle to know which list I have, then reset so that it doesn't count, does the list stays the same?

I forgot that I had island beetles in my item pickup! The downside is that I used high scoring bugs way too early. I've been at 100 points for an hour now.

zroid

Banned
Thanks guys. Can't get the island beetles, since it's only 11:50a here. I'll farm those butterflies though.

There is a 1 hour window from 5-6 when you can get a bunch and still hand them over to Nat. I was too lazy to catch anything yesterday, so I'll probably head to the island at 5.

By the way, I got the Firefly Lamp this morning, so I guess I'm on the A list...?

Philia

There is a 1 hour window from 5-6 when you can get a bunch and still hand them over to Nat. I was too lazy to catch anything yesterday, so I'll probably head to the island at 5.

By the way, I got the Firefly Lamp this morning, so I guess I'm on the A list...?

What's your top score.

Linius

Please get another one of those :D

EDIT

Noooooooo, I hate my animals. I had 37 and I was not in third place. It was Julian with 39 :(

Roto13

tumblr_mq8swd3ZVu1qj6bjco1_400.jpg

Why does stuff you modify using gold ore look so much better than stuff you make from three pieces of gold ore?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Whatever score soulmate got from donating the bug for the reward of the firefly lamp obviously.

Oh, the way you phrased it made me think that you knew what it was and that it was ENORMOUS lol

Even if it is, not a big deal really :p

Philia

Oh, the way you phrased it made me think that you knew what it was and that it was ENORMOUS lol

Well obviously the prize is given out when one has surpasses the 80+ points mark. That'll even beat the neighbors' scores too obviously. My Agrias was 83 points at your town btw Niraj.

My top score is 85 with an Agrias butterfly.

You can come. (opening my gate)

This is good! You, Niraj, got a chance! :) I was worried that Soulmate might had went for gold in 120 points or something lol.

Niraj

Well obviously the prize is given out when one has surpasses the 80+ points mark. That'll even beat the neighbors' scores too obviously. My Agrias was 83 points at your town btw Niraj.

This is good! You, Niraj, got a chance! :) I was worried that Soulmate might had went for gold in 120 points or something lol.

This ain't my first rodeo :p

My top score is 85 with an Agrias butterfly.

You can come. (opening my gate)

Ok cool! I honestly don't even mind giving you whatever I get, I have 0 interest in keeping any of this stuff (just want to add to catalog completion), so if you want anything I get, feel free.

Stat!

Oh fantastic news and terrible news.

Fantastic: Willow has decided to move out on the 24th. So instead of deleting my fence, I can place the coffee shop right beside city hall!

Terrible news: Shampoodle opened today, and even using a guide, I ended up with a terrible haircut. I can't order any new hats because my T and T shop is being upgraded. So I'm not opening my gates! And I bought a ski mask (but sold it). I could have used it to cover up! My haircut is ugly :(

Roto13

Fantastic: Willow has decided to move out on the 24th. So instead of deleting my fence, I can place the coffee shop right beside city hall!

Terrible news: Shampoodle opened today, and even using a guide, I ended up with a terrible haircut. I can't order any new hats because my T and T shop is being upgraded. So I'm not opening my gates! And I bought a ski mask (but sold it). I could have used it to cover up! My haircut is ugly :(

Most of the men's hairstyles are pretty bad. I went to Shampoodle without a guide and ended up with my default hairstyle dyed black. :p

Someone could probably bring you a hat if you opened your gate.

Philia

So do you only get the bug furniture when you pass 80 points?

Correct and its separated in 2 lists of rewards.

To get them all, you need to visit a couple of friends' town who's score haven't surpassed too high enough for you to donate your own bugs too to beat the current first place (AND into the 80+ range). A list friend and a B list friend. Your scores won't hurt that friends' getting the trophies in his/her own town.

List A:
...Caterpillar Sofa
...Firefly Lamp
...Ladybug Chair
...Snail Clock
...Stag-Beetle Chair
...Ladybug Carpet

List B:
...Beetle Chair
...Cicada Stereo
...Honeybee Chest
...Mini-Butterfly Table
...Spiderweb Clock
...Butterfly Wall

Niraj

I had a few bugs that were better than that. Got a ladybug chair, stag beetle chair, and firefly lamp :p Thank you soulmate!

Mekere

Use a pattern for a hat :p

So I've only been able to manage "list B" furniture... I do have a spare cicada stereo up for trade for any of the following, though.

List A:
...Caterpillar Sofa
...Firefly Lamp
...Ladybug Chair
...Snail Clock
...Stag-Beetle Chair
...Ladybug Carpet

List B:
...Honeybee Chest

Also, my town record is 40, but when I submitted a bug worth 83, he said it wasn't good enough for a new record... what gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom