• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despera

Banned
I think you still get the Re-Tail bonus, but you're not going to stack that with the non-native bonus.

YES. And then plant all its offspring. Don't stop until you run out of room.
Yeah, it was the non-native bonus I was hoping for :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Since the EU DLC picture is massive I thought I'd shrink it quickly.

VA7JPlf.jpg

Robin64

Don't know if they've been released before or not, but here are the QR codes for the Pikmin 3 SpotPass house patterns.

FUq30bL.jpg

KkqsbWk.jpg

VABdi53.jpg

cr4sGE2.jpg

HOGU24v.jpg

Chopper

Got a Red Carnation, Orange Cosmos and Orange Rose today. Not too bad for hybrids I'd say. T.I.Y. opened, have yet to check it out. And Reese is trolling me by buying perfect pears with a premium in my own town :/
I'm sorry we couldn't sort out yesterday. I was out all day so I couldn't get back to you.

Despera

Banned
I can't recognize the buildings in Philia's town... How far behind am I with my town development?

T_T

btw, got a harp out of that "Town Defense Team" petition thing... Was expecting something worthwhile :p

I don't know if this was mentioned since this thread moves so fast but, out of curiousity, I went to the post office and asked about presents, which got me the fireworks table. I saw a picture describing it in Japanese so I don't know if people thought it was only exclusive for them.

MicH

Snake sees me, gets all excited and hands me a festival lantern

Seriously. I never gave him one and didnt even download it.

zroid

Banned
I bought a festival lantern at Super T&T like two weeks ago, and it's been in my house ever since -_-

what was NoE thinking

So I'm finally settled into my new place, still have a bit of unpacking to do and need to buy some new furniture to replace the stuff I had to throw away in Florida. The best thing is my 3DS works on the Wifi here which means later today I can FINALLY play with you guys! I'm really excited to see everyone's towns and get some advice on mine.

Okay, people. Only things I miss from the Island items are a beach table and a pink wetsuit.

So if someone has them on his Island, I would love to come over. :)

Despera

Banned
guys halp!

I need a watering can. Anyone have an extra? Jambette just took mine (I really wanted to know what this maze game was all about, and she was my first ever camper so I couldn't say no).

ibrKqfal9FTuFL.jpg

Okay, people.

If you want to farm on an international Island without people, you can just start a tour (but not go on a tour) and no one will enter the Island no more. But you have to be lucky that no one isn't there yet.

I'm beetlehunting on such a Island as I speak. :) Don't have to wait till the evening. :)

Linius

Anyone found a rice grasshopper yet? They should be catchable on the island too right? I'm just catching every grasshopper/locust I see because I hardly can tell them apart from each other :p

Despera

Banned
Anyone found a rice grasshopper yet? They should be catchable on the island too right? I'm just catching every grasshopper/locust I see because I hardly can tell them apart from each other :p
Caught like a dozen so far lol

Along with the Migratory Locust.

zroid

Banned
I don't think Rice Grasshoppers spawn on the island. At least, I've never seen one. They're all over the place in town tho. You'll recognize them being smaller than regular grasshoppers and much faster. They also make some buzzing noise while stationary.

The Rice Grasshopper is the regular grasshopper, right?

Edit: guess I was wrong. Time to hunt the little critter...

Despera

Banned
I don't think Rice Grasshoppers spawn on the island. At least, I've never seen one. They're all over the place in town tho. You'll recognize them being smaller than regular grasshoppers and much faster. They also make some buzzing noise while stationary.
Yep, they emit a unique buzzing sound. And all the ones I've caught were in town.

The Migratory Locust is available on the Island, though. That much I can confirm.,

Linius

Thanks for the replies, gonna get back to hunting in town then. That new locust I already had from the island, well before august :p

I've been putting all the bugs in a spreadsheet and cross checked it with my donation list at the museum. Turns out I didn't even donate an evening cicada and saw stag yet. Gotta do that tonight :p

mantidor

Okay, people.

If you want to farm on an international Island without people, you can just start a tour (but not go on a tour) and no one will enter the Island no more. But you have to be lucky that no one isn't there yet.

I'm beetlehunting on such a Island as I speak. :) Don't have to wait till the evening. :)

does the international island have any advantages over the regular one? I thought they were the same.

I just sold all my girl clothes this morning and I am going to go back to spikes and some simple clothes. With my clover, of course :D

It was fun playing dress-up for a bit but I just can't manage to look good enough to pull it off. ;)

But that wiggle!

Butt wiggle.

You were totally wiggling dat ass.

Flipyap

does the international island have any advantages over the regular one? I thought they were the same.
International islands are in random time zones, so you can go there to farm evening bugs in the morning. The gift shop also offers random and (I think) some exclusive stuff.

Well, only if you are in a different timezone, you can use it to your advantage. If your own timezone is in the morning, but you want to catch beetles, you can go to an Island where it is evening or night and you can catch them there, when you can't in your regular Island, because it's morning on yours.

Also there are others tours available then on your Island.

And you can get certain items only on the international Island like the Tortimer Club ones...

So in short, yes, the international one has advantages.

In other news:

I just got Punchy's picture for delivering something from Ankha to Punchy.

So that's getting 2 pictures for doing nothing extreme like rare fish/bug giving and signature getting...

Maybe I just have strange villagers... Got Deena a horned hercules and I got a shopping cart for it. Really? Maybe I give her a flea next time...

Koomaster

Nana invited me over today, so what better time to check on the progress of her house...

tumblr_mqwr8x73Dw1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Not bad at all, looking very good with 5 pieces of matching furniture. She kept the bed this time, but then got rid of the low-table.

tumblr_mqwratGxfN1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

She moved the lotus lamp and music box onto her kiddie stereo. I'm going to be ordering another one of those and have Cyrus paint it pastel colors since I think that would look nicer in her room. Will see if she replaces the old one with the new one.

I bought a baby stroller she had sitting out which looked weird. Hopefully that will leave room for me to send her another daisy designed alpine low-table. Not sure what to do with the shirts she has around her room. Going to send her a couple daisy tees and hope she displays them instead.

tumblr_mqwrbvteMn1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

At the end of my visit I told her that her home looks great (due to my help) and she said she'd keep it looking good (she better!). So I take that as a great sign that she is pleased with her house. Didn't say anything self depreciating about sparing her feelings or that she would try to clean up next time I was over. Great success! :)

Older pic for reference...
tumblr_mqu0d1mzxj1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

At the very tip top of the picture you can barely see the blue-wall shelf she had which I had her get rid of; as well as getting rid of the robot chair. Her moving the lotus lamp and music box got rid of the fish she was keeping on the stereo.

Well like I said I'll likely be checking this thread over the course of the day thus around for the next 12 hours or so minus meal and tea times.

I'll edit up list to reflect one of the stars will be yours.

Great! I was able to order the exotic chest and rug, so I should have them this afternoon. Hopefully I catch you tonight or this weekend.

Linius

After many, many grasshoppers and long locusts I finally found one a rice grasshopper. Just in time, I had only seven minutes left for today :p

EDIT

Oh wait, I'm mistaken. I had another two hours.

Wow, the 1st EU Spotpass house has been long overdue but worth the wait - now I can finally order a full set of the rare space ship furniture.

Edit: Argh, why did the limit have to be 5 items? Now I've got to wait until tomorrow to order the last 2 parts of that set, the Crew's Monitor and the Spherical Radar.

After many, many grasshoppers and long locusts I finally found one a rice grasshopper. Just in time, I had only seven minutes left for today :p

EDIT

Oh wait, I'm mistaken. I had another two hours.

Lol, I was only looking for one just now (cause I thought it was the same thing as the grasshopper) and I got one in five minutes. :D Really lucky today, now that damn pedaltail dragonfly...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I've got Saharah as well today. Got a checkered tile and shoji screen (Saharah exclusive).

And Groucho suggested a zen bench.

Not bad for like 3 minutes of play time :p

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
King Tut mask and Crown for sale in my store today. Pricey day. Don't have 1 million bells for the crown but screw that price even if I did ._.

Linius

Fifteen insects to go. Five of those I can catch this time of year. Petaltail Dragonfly, Saw Stag (already caught, not yet donated), Scorpion, Diving Beetle and the House Centipede. I bet all of those except for the Saw Stag will be difficult for me.

Gonna do a round-up for my fishes later tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom