• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak140

My camper today is Julian and I convinced him to move in because it seems like he's a big deal? Is there anyway to keep him from moving in on top of my flower beds? I just got my perfect town status yesterday, it would be bad if he messed it up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
My camper today is Julian and I convinced him to move in because it seems like he's a big deal? Is there anyway to keep him from moving in on top of my flower beds? I just got my perfect town status yesterday, it would be bad if he messed it up.

When you start your game up, start a new character and explore. If his house is in a good location, save. Otherwise, reset and do it again until you're satisfied. You can delete the extra character whenever you'd like.

When you start your game up, start a new character and explore. If his house is in a good location, save. Otherwise, reset and do it again until you're satisfied. You can delete the extra character whenever you'd like.

As much as I hate "cheating," this seems like a totally reasonable workaround for a terribly designed game mechanic. I'll keep this in mind!

Jak140

Hah, that's brilliant. Thank you!

Niraj

As much as I hate "cheating," this seems like a totally reasonable workaround for a terribly designed game mechanic. I'll keep this in mind!

Hah, that's brilliant. Thank you!

Today was the first time I did it, because I was sick of waiting for a snooty villager and wanted to reset the campsite. Turns out it didn't really matter :( stupid anteaters man

suzu

Ahhhhhh. I'm jealous.

Stat!

It's one of my biggest pet peeves. You're the mayor of this town. You should be able to kick people out, place houses at will (with a grid system), set events for Sunday nights (but make it so you can only select certain events that fall within that calendar period), and did I mention kick people out!?!?!

Anyone know that if I do the character reset trick at the beginning of the day to check the campsite, whether or not, that resetting will cause a villager to appear at the campsite (if the first time, there was no camper)?

Niraj

It's one of my biggest pet peeves. You're the mayor of this town. You should be able to kick people out, place houses at will (with a grid system), set events for Sunday nights (but make it so you can only select certain events that fall within that calendar period), and did I mention kick people out!?!?!

Anyone know that if I do the character reset trick at the beginning of the day to check the campsite, whether or not, that resetting will cause a villager to appear at the campsite (if the first time, there was no camper)?

Yes, it can. First time I loaded up there was no camper, the second time there was, so forth.

Animekatt

Yeah, that's the biggest thing I hate about the game. I know Nintendo is trying to be more intuitive with the online with having some random animal fill up your town, but at least we should have a say in where the house goes once they do arrive.

Octavian just asked for a scarab beetle. :/

This is gonna take a while...

I still haven't seen a scarab beetle. They look like fruit or stink bugs to me, so I don't go for them.
:(

Jak140

Yeah, that's the biggest thing I hate about the game. I know Nintendo is trying to be more intuitive with the online with having some random animal fill up your town, but at least we should have a say in where the house goes once they do arrive.

I still haven't seen a scarab beetle. They look like fruit or stink bugs to me, so I don't go for them.
:(

They appear on the non-palm trees on the island at night, but it seems random. Some nights I'll see five or six while beetle farming during a single trip, on other nights I'll see none. If you're trying to catch one, its best to do it while farming and make sure any fruit beetles you see don't have a goldish hue before scaring them off. But at least you can catch them year round since they spawn on the island.

One of mine asked for a rainbow stag. So far in my search I managed to catch 3 tarantulas and 2 scorpions...

Rainbow stags can also be caught on the middle trees on the island, but they appear with random frequency like scarab beetles, though maybe more often.

Frogstep

Rainbow stags can also be caught on the middle trees on the island, but they appear with random frequency like scarab beetles, though maybe more often.

There's nothing in my island but palms. I cut down the trees and stuff to make beetle farming easier.

Well, I tried to help you guys. Don't have any cool items you guys need and I can't participate in the Animal Tracking business yet. :)

Haha. I appreciate the thought either way. Would have been neat if we could trade bugs/fish too.

There's nothing in my island but palms. I cut down the trees and stuff to make beetle farming easier.
I have one deciduous tree on my island (where I'm trying to get the scarab beetle currently), and I've gotten three rainbow stags from it already. It seems in this topic, everyone catches what the other person needs. :/

Jak140

Haha. I appreciate the thought either way. Would have been neat if we could trade bugs/fish too.

Ah, I left a few regular trees up for giant and rainbow stags and scarabs, but you could always try visiting an online island. Leave or do a tour as soon as you get one, though, to protect yourself from disconnect errors.

Someone is moving out and another player came to town and tried to get her to move to hers but she said no.

Does anyone know why this is? Is it just random if they will or wont move.

Zero_IYAD

Yay :D

tumblr_mraqow6S761srgzyyo1_400.jpg

& with that my badges so far are up to this:

tumblr_mras3ydt7b1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

Am pretty much satisfied, with more than 310 hours spend in game am more than happy to start Mario & Luigi : Dream Team once it appears in the eShop tomorrow.
Of course won't leave ACNL, at least I'll run my daily chores regularly : )

Zero_IYAD

Someone is moving out and another player came to town and tried to get her to move to hers but she said no.

It means that specific player will get a new neighbor soon, thus they can't ask yours to come to their town.

Elija2

Is the villager all packed up? Villagers can only be recruited on the day where all of their stuff is in boxes.

Niraj

Oh my god, Galactic Fork, Drago just showed me the letter you sent him. You are crazy (in a good way)!

:)

lol he said he loved the last line of the letter especially

fruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetlefruitbeetle

Frogstep

Well I tried finding a rainbow stag on random islands online.
Seems like every island I visited had it's trees cut down by the people that were there haha...
:<

Elija2

So I added another Japanese girl as a 3DS friend and now she changed her message to reference me. Again, I have to complain that there's no system-wide instant messaging function in the 3DS so she has to resort to this. Also, it seems like girls are more eager to add new people as friends. I haven't come across any other guys who wanted to exchange friend codes.

Anyway, does anyone know what she's saying?

ramyeon

So I added another Japanese girl as a 3DS friend and now she changed her message to reference me. Again, I have to complain that there's no system-wide instant messaging function in the 3DS so she has to resort to this. Also, it seems like girls are more eager to add new people as friends. I haven't come across any other guys who wanted to exchange friend codes.

Anyway, does anyone know what she's saying?
It looks like she's telling another friend, Miki, that she'll go visit her and her message to you is just an emoji.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom