• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyt

Banned
Hey, Animal Crossing GAF!

''ve heard that you can not copy/transfer a digital copy of the game into another SD card or PC. Is this correct? If so, any way around it? I'm planning on buying more digital releases but they just won't fit on the card Nintendo bundles.

SuperSah

Banned
Hey, Animal Crossing GAF!

''ve heard that you can not copy/transfer a digital copy of the game into another SD card or PC. Is this correct? If so, any way around it? I'm planning on buying more digital releases but they just won't fit on the card Nintendo bundles.

You can shift all your files from one SD to another, yes.

MicH

Does anyone have a pipe stool and regular red stool I can catalog? I've been searching for these for a while now and can't get them. :(

Ys1XdPl.jpg

aOVWSbK.jpg

I'll open up my town so whoever helps me out can see if there is anything in my town they want to catalog.
I can order these for you if you still need. Just let me know within the next 2 hours

Mekere

My Gayle is sick :'( To help her getting better I give her medicine, but also re-decorate all her house with custom lovely furniture. Pink and white + linen changed with heart tee, her initial clothing.

What's the fastest way for her to get everything? I suppose that sending it all wouldn't work, I imagine that she would only change one piece of furniture/ mail delivery, right?

Koomaster

My Gayle is sick :'( To help her getting better I give her medicine, but also re-decorate all her house with custom lovely furniture. Pink and white + linen changed with heart tee, her initial clothing.

What's the fastest way for her to get everything? I suppose that sending it all wouldn't work, I imagine that she would only change one piece of furniture/ mail delivery, right?
No neighbors will put out multiple items per mail delivery. So if you send her 2 pieces of furniture or even 3, she will display them all.

Well, I should say may display them all. Sometimes they just won't display something you sent them for whatever reason. Also if you send two pieces at the same time that are the same shape, say a 2x1 wardrobe and a 2x1 couch, they may chose one or the other to display, but not both.

So if you want to get the max you should send something like a 1x1, a 2x1, something that sits on a table, and something to hang on the wall. That increases the likelihood of them displaying all 4 pieces since they all take up different spaces in a home.

You will have to find ways to check on their home to see how it's progressing. Hoping they invite you over or whatever. Since your neighbor is sick, she will be home for the next 3-4 days at least (if you give her medicine every day) so this would be a good time to start redecorating since you will be able to check on their home every day. Assuming neighbors check their mail and redecorate while sick - which I do not know.

Anyway expect to be re-customizing the same piece of furniture over and over again just because neighbors can be finicky about accepting/displaying what you send.

zroid

Banned
It has been my experience thus far that the easiest way to get photos of your villagers is to have them move out :lol

Mekere

No neighbors will put out multiple items per mail delivery. So if you send her 2 pieces of furniture or even 3, she will display them all.

Well, I should say may display them all. Sometimes they just won't display something you sent them for whatever reason. Also if you send two pieces at the same time that are the same shape, say a 2x1 wardrobe and a 2x1 couch, they may chose one or the other to display, but not both.

So if you want to get the max you should send something like a 1x1, a 2x1, something that sits on a table, and something to hang on the wall. That increases the likelihood of them displaying all 4 pieces since they all take up different spaces in a home.

You will have to find ways to check on their home to see how it's progressing. Hoping they invite you over or whatever. Since your neighbor is sick, she will be home for the next 3-4 days at least (if you give her medicine every day) so this would be a good time to start redecorating since you will be able to check on their home every day. Assuming neighbors check their mail and redecorate while sick - which I do not know.

Anyway expect to be re-customizing the same piece of furniture over and over again just because neighbors can be finicky about accepting/displaying what you send.

Awesome tips! And yes, they are checking their mail and display furniture too while sick, I just tried earlier. I imagine that the customization disappears when the villager give back or sell the item?

I've found that if a villager inhabits Retail quite a lot that can be an effective way of getting them to change furniture as well as if they buy something it seems like it will always be displayed. Problem is you have to wait until that villager is in there and make sure Retail is empty of everything except the item you want them to buy, then push them into it constantly until they want to buy it. It does at least work multiple times a day though, as long as you save, quit and reboot the game the next time they come into Retail they'll be able to buy another item.

Rosie practically lives in Retail, so I managed to get her to display 3 bits of custom furniture yesterday that way. She just kept popping in when I was there handing over furniture to customise to Cyrus.

Mekere

I'm using this method too usually and that's why I really regret that there is no storage in Re-tail, it would make things easier especially knowing that villagers may change if you go out and in the re-tail (yes, it's magic)

Koomaster

Awesome tips! And yes, they are checking their mail and display furniture too while sick, I just tried earlier. I imagine that the customization disappears when the villager give back or sell the item?
Yeah they only give back plain non-altered items, or sell unaltered items at Re-tail even if what you gave them was customized.

I'm using this method too usually and that's why I really regret that there is no storage in Re-tail, it would make things easier especially knowing that villagers may change if you go out and in the re-tail (yes, it's magic)
You could always store furniture in letters just incase? Might be a bit of a pain tho.

Philia

Rosie practically lives in Retail, so I managed to get her to display 3 bits of custom furniture yesterday that way. She just kept popping in when I was there handing over furniture to customise to Cyrus.

Yeah they only give back plain non-altered items, or sell unaltered items at Re-tail even if what you gave them was customized.

Once I got my dream villagers I'll do all this and more. Too bad we can't resell customized tops... I imagine that'd be an easy way of getting them to wear your stuff. But yeah, I'm so ready to do this! :D

Robin64

Finally got a rainbow! On the 58th day of playing.

Also Phineas definitely bugged out on me, as expected. He turned up the other day and gave me a badge for something new, gardening. I thought I would talk to him again and get the badges I was missing but knew I should have, such as the fish one. But nope, he had nothing else for me. Kept trying, same thing, no more badges. Went inside my house, came back out, he's gone.

So yeah, never getting some badges, it seems. Bug!

Allrrright. I got a Gracie desk from passing the "sweaty and sporty" challenge. It actually looks pretty nice.

Now, I guess I'll try doing the modern challenge on my alt. I looked up modern on Moridb and there isn't a lot of items in it at all...

Edit: I think I can do it, really...

Philia

My hubby's game spawned a purple tulip from my orange bed of tulips and a PINK! from orange cosmos bed.

Its a MYSTERY. :3

Also, do anyone have retail premium on Perfect Peach or Perfect Cherry?

Now, I guess I'll try doing the modern challenge on my alt. I looked up modern on Moridb and there isn't a lot of items in it at all...

I suggest you use this. http://moridb.com/items/furniture/?limit=50&offset=250 Type in "modern" in interior theme and search in "any" category. MoriDB is pretty damn accurate and helped me a LOT with my fairy tale themed house. :)

You most certainly can display records, gyroids, clothing, hats, accessories, even umbrellas; as long as they're appropriate to the theme, they can pass! :)

EDIT: Oh I see, you need to use Trendy instead of Modern.

MicH

Allrrright. I got a Gracie desk from passing the "sweaty and sporty" challenge. It actually looks pretty nice.

Edit: I think I can do it, really...
Gracie disappears after the first fashion check. No cheating with alts

Aw fiddlesticks

That's all good. I'm glad I passed my first one and got a Grace item while doing so.

I suggest you use this. http://moridb.com/items/furniture/?limit=50&offset=250 Type in "modern" in interior theme and search in "any" category. MoriDB is pretty damn accurate and helped me a LOT with my fairy tale themed house. :)

You most certainly can display records, gyroids, clothing, hats, accessories, even umbrellas; as long as they're appropriate to the theme, they can pass! :)

EDIT: Oh I see, you need to use Trendy instead of Modern.
Oh, I was actually talking about Gracie's fashion check, not the HHA stuff which I actually finished last week. Thanks, though. :lol

Instead you can just cheat by time travelling forwards one day, then back to the day Gracie showed up. She'll still be there, your first check will still have counted and you can get another check. Literally nothing seems to be cheat-proof in this game.

NintendoHeart

Neo Member
Is it actually possible to have two same villagers in my town? If you already have X, and then you go to another city and another X wants to move out, can you tell him to go live in your town and then you have two of the same?

UberTag

Instead you can just cheat by time travelling forwards one day, then back to the day Gracie showed up. She'll still be there, your first check will still have counted and you can get another check. Literally nothing seems to be cheat-proof in this game.
There's no real benefit to doing the above outside of getting all of Gracie's checks out of the way early. You still have to wait 30 days until the T&T Emporium gets built.

Granted, you could cheat that as well by time-travelling into the future and then back after its constructed. But then the Emporium would be built on your Main Street and all of GAF would know when they visited that you're a time traveler and you might as well just start duping items at that point.

Is it actually possible to have two same villagers in my town? If you already have X, and then you go to another city and another X wants to move out, can you tell him to go live in your town and then you have two of the same?
Don't believe this is possible. There's a check that will happen in the background to prevent a villager from being cloned.
Although it would be wild if this could happen. Imagine an entire village full of Muffys.

Azure, should I open up for you in a bit for that check in counter?
Yeah I'll be around for a bit so if you want me to pop over soon that'd be fine.

There's no real benefit to doing the above outside of getting all of Gracie's checks out of the way early. You still have to wait 30 days until the T&T Emporium gets built.
The benefit is if your luck sucks ass (as mine does) you will have T&T Emporium in the month rather than having to wait until the end of time. I've still not had the hag show up in my town once, and I had Pete 7 times in a period of 8 days.

I will never time travel for anything else, but I will definitely be doing it for Gracie, because I doubt I will encounter her more than once in those 30 days (and to be honest I'm starting to doubt that will happen).

No. You need to cycle through 16 villagers before you can have a repeat.

And time traveling forward and backwards a day wouldn't guarantee Gracie would still be there. Each new day—regardless of the date—is treated like a fresh day. If you travel from 8/10 to 8/11 and then back to 8/10, your shops will be reset, your Retail premium will be different, your special visitor could be different, a camper who was in your campsite will no longer be there. That's why people use forwards/backwards to make villagers leave. The date is completely irrelevant. It only matters that the day is new.

Linius

Hey, can I come by to sell my ores?

Yeah I'll be around for a bit so if you want me to pop over soon that'd be fine.

Yes, selling my ores first hopefully (playing on my alt now) and then I'll open up for you.

And time traveling forward and backwards a day wouldn't guarantee Gracie would still be there. Each new day—regardless of the date—is treated like a fresh day. If you travel from 8/10 to 8/11 and then back to 8/10, your shops will be reset, your Retail premium will be different, your special visitor could be different, a camper who was in your campsite will no longer be there. That's why people use forwards/backwards to make villagers leave. The date is completely irrelevant. It only matters that the day is new.
With Gracie in particular it seems to work, GameFAQs is full of topics about it with people stating that it worked for them. A friend who does time travel also did the same thing and had Gracie there all 4 times.

With Gracie in particular it seems to work, GameFAQs is full of topics about it with people stating that it worked for them. A friend who does time travel also did the same thing and had Gracie there all 4 times.

Okay. :) Just speaking from my experience. I've done a lot of time travel on a second copy and, in my travels, a new day is a new day regardless of the date. I just don't mention it here because people treat time travel like a grave sin.

Just be very careful about your villagers moving out unexpectedly when you're going forwards and backwards. Depending on where you are in the move out cycle, it only takes a few trips to trigger a move and send them to boxes, at which point they can't be saved. I almost lost someone special yesterday when I got a little careless going back and forth.

Philia

Okay. :) Just speaking from my experience. I've done a lot of time travel on a second copy and, in my travels, a new day is a new day regardless of the date. I just don't mention it here because people treat time travel like a grave sin.

How long had you had a second copy? I'd like to come over and do my yard work there too. :3 Thanks to MicH's second town, I managed to dig up a bunch of gyroids that he'd neglect and I'd pass them off to my hubby who's trying to collect too. But yeah I'm surprised you didn't report much about flower hybrids like MicH did... so I thought perhaps I could help!

How long had you had a second copy? I'd like to come over and do my yard work there too. :3 Thanks to MicH's second town, I managed to dig up a bunch of gyroids that he'd neglect and I'd pass them off to my hubby who's trying to collect too.

A little while—a friend decided he didn't like the game so he gave me his cartridge. :) I haven't done much with flowers yet because I'm skipping through very quickly, trying to give some villagers away as gifts and get caught up to where I am in my main game.

I love playing with the time travel though. It has some really interesting rules and quirks. (Obviously "bluepoicebox" is fascinated by time travel.) I'm just careful to skip over the holidays and stay in the spring/summer season so I don't see anything spoilerish.

And, yeah, gyroids are a huge problem. I skipped digging them up and after TT'ing a couple weeks, I was overrun. If you have a list of ones you're looking for, I can keep an eye out. I'll be TT'ing later today, cycling through a few villagers.

Philia

And, yeah, gyroids are a huge problem. I skipped digging them up and after TT'ing a couple weeks, I was overrun. If you have a list of ones you're looking for, I can keep an eye out. I'll be TT'ing later today, cycling through a few villagers.

LOL I'll dig them up for you! :) Just leave it to me and my trusty shovel! MicH can attest to this TWICE. :D My husband's about 40 gyroids shy from 100%. So that's still too long of a list lol!

MicH

A little while—a friend decided he didn't like the game so he gave me his cartridge. :) I haven't done much with flowers yet because I'm skipping through very quickly, trying to give some villagers away as gifts and get caught up to where I am in my main game.

I love playing with the time travel though. It has some really interesting rules and quirks. (Obviously "bluepoicebox" is fascinated by time travel.) I'm just careful to skip over the holidays and stay in the spring/summer season so I don't see anything spoilerish.

Yeah, all these damn dig spots lol. At this point I'm just using my second copy to breed hybrids to give away, cycle villagers and buy bushes.

LOL I'll dig them up for you! :) Just leave it to me and my trusty shovel! MicH can attest to this TWICE. :D He's about 40 gyroids shy from 100%. So that's still too long of a list lol!

Well, I dug them all up last night so there aren't any right now and I'm waiting for someone to pick up Tangy. Next time I dig them up, I'll send you a list and you can have as many as you want. :)

Yeah, all these damn dig spots lol. At this point I'm just using my second copy to breed hybrids to give away, cycle villagers and buy bushes.

Seriously! They don't tell you that about time traveling. I thought I could happily ignore all the fossils and pitfall seeds. I didn't expect the entire town to be covered in gyroids.

My reasons were pretty much the same as yours. Right down to the bush starts. :p But it's also an easy way to sell perfect fruit if I need to. Nice to know I'm not the only one playing around in a TT town on the side.

Philia

My reasons were pretty much the same as yours. Right down to the bush starts. :p But it's also an easy way to sell perfect fruit if I need to. Nice to know I'm not the only one playing around in a TT town on the side.

That reminds me... I got Perfect Cherries AND Perfect Peaches to sell. What's your second town's native? I know MicH's second is peaches sadly.

That reminds me... I got Perfect Cherries AND Perfect Peaches to sell. What's your second town's native? I know MicH's second is peaches sadly.

Apples. :) I reset a couple times until I found them. I'll keep an eye out for cherries and peaches in my travels and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom