• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigg

Raining for the first time in a while in my town. Do I still have to water my flowers if I want the grass to grow underneath them?
Yeah, I'm not so sure this whole "flowers make grass grow" thing holds any water.

It grows where you don't walk, and it vanishes where you do. I suspect that this idea that "flowers make grass grow" are based on the experiences of those who walk around their flowers. I routinely walk through mine (they're all over the place, after all, and I have to thoroughly water them!) and I see no evidence their presence is making grass grow. However, areas that I would not typically walk through—such as between trees that have nothing interesting between them—are solidly grassed.

SuperSah

Banned
But doesn't rain help grass grow so it would make up for it? Or would watering the flowers make it grow even more?

Sounds like she's still moving out. Go around talking to other villagers and see if they still mention Diva moving out.

Rain accelerates the speed of the growth of grass but will not water flowers.

Elija2

Rain accelerates the speed of the growth of grass but will not water flowers.

What sense does that make? Watering flowers makes grass grow. Rain prevents flowers from wilting but does not "water" them. However, watering flowers in the rain makes grass grow faster than usual. So confusing.

I need a snail. If you have any bushes, may I come over?

Yeah, I have bushes around my house. You can come over. My FC is in my profile.

SuperSah

Banned
What sense does that make? Watering flowers makes grass grow. Rain prevents flowers from wilting but does not "water" them. However, watering flowers in the rain makes grass grow faster than usual. So confusing.

Yeah, I have bushes around my house. You can come over. My FC is in my profile.

S'abit flawed. Basically, rain helps grass according to the Wikia, but it will not water your plants like a watering can does.

I know, it makes no sense.

MicH

So my dream billagers:

Marshal, Cheri, Lolly, Static, punchy/Bob, Hamlet/Snake, Mitzi/Lily, Soleil/Blaire, Phoebe, Rosie/Apple

Currently have Snake, Phoebe, Beau, Gayle, Blaire, Apple, Cheri, Biskit and Marshal

Don't judge me on this. Wendy FINALLY wanted to move out and I had Marshal wanting to move out as well. Awesome timing! So TTed both out and got Marshal in my main town <3

BYE BYE WENDY! DONT LET THR GATES HIT YOU ON YOUR WAY OUT!

Linius

So my dream billagers:

Marshal, Cheri, Lolly, Static, punchy/Bob, Hamlet/Snake, Mitzi/Lily, Soleil/Blaire, Phoebe, Rosie/Apple

Currently have Snake, Phoebe, Beau, Gayle, Blaire, Apple, Cheri, Biskit and Marshal

Don't judge me on this. Wendy FINALLY wanted to move out and I had Marshal wanting to move out as well. Awesome timing! So TTed both out and got Marshal in my main town <3

BYE BYE WENDY! DONT LET THR GATES HIT YOU ON YOUR WAY OUT!

TT'ed in your main town? On the shitlist with you! :p

UberTag

A dream villager list would be tough. There are so many I could name.

Here's who I've got in my village right now.

tumblr_mhytvhP47M1rlg0ybo1_500_zpsab67f84a.jpg
95px-Carmen_NewLeaf_Official.png
95px-Snake_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png

These two have been giving each other clothing the past two days. Snake decided he'd wear Carmen's Swell Tee that I gave her and then he had me deliver a new Fall Plaid Tee for her to wear.

It's a shame I got two great rabbits out of the gates as I'm sure I'd love to have Mira or Ruby if I had the chance to own them.

I have Ellix's favorite.

95px-Static_NewLeaf_Official.png

I have Stitches. Who seems to be commanding absurd prices on GameFAQs.
There was a bid of 150 crowns and 50 million bells for him in an auction this week. That's absurd!

95px-Stitches_-_Animal_Crossing_New_Leaf.png

I have Rolf. I'm heading to a convention on his birthday but I will make time to stop by his house and leave presents. I'm not especially attached to him but he's the one original village resident I would miss most if he left.

95px-Rolf_NewLeaf_Official.png

And I have GAF's most loathed and misunderstood green bear.

Charlise_NL.png

Everyone else is expendable for villager upgrades.

Namely New Leaf originals Celia and Chadder - would love to upgrade them for alternate Normal and Smug villagers - but only after having replacement Normal and Smug residents.
Wolfgang, who I'm willfully ignoring now.
And Mac, who's sort of a loser.

(My starting villagers when I took up office as mayor were Mac, Celia, Rolf, Stitches and the already-banished Elise.)

Linius

Btween Wendy exceeding her time in Dewford by way too much and Beau destroying my town, I needed to get someone new and great. And Marshal is!

Sorry to all anti-TT peeps

I get it, wouldn't wanna miss out on him either.

If you ever see Agent S or Apple passing by and you don't need them...

Well actually, Charlise is leaving on monday already. I really hope I can get a good villager in short time :p

Stat!

Sounds like she's still moving out. Go around talking to other villagers and see if they still mention Diva moving out.

Good idea. I'm still nervous that she won't move out. The plague must move out.

Anyone have any villagers moving out that I can adopt possibly?

I know its random, but I didn't talk to Diva for over a week...

Elija2

S'abit flawed. Basically, rain helps grass according to the Wikia, but it will not water your plants like a watering can does.

I know, it makes no sense.

I don't know if Wikia is a reliable source, but I watered my flowers anyway just to be safe.

Do any of the guides say anything about grass growth and how rain affects it?

Stat!

Eh, MicH and I are both cycling villagers on TT-ing second towns so, yeah, plenty. :) Is there someone in particular you're looking for that I can keep an eye out for?

Not ugly. I know its terrible, but I've had Diva, Willow, Curlos, Angus, Elmer, Chops, and Cobb. I still need to rid of the last 4.

Maybe one of the cats, or anyone really awesome looking. I know its subjective, but anything but Diva! :p

I think I have Flip moving out on the 13th

That might work. Flip doesn't look terrible, like Diva. Diva is terrible. Let me get back to you. Might reset for campers tomorrow or Monday.

Not ugly. I know its terrible, but I've had Diva, Willow, Curlos, Angus, Elmer, Chops, and Cobb. I still need to rid of the last 4.

Maybe one of the cats, or anyone really awesome looking. I know its subjective, but anything but Diva! :p

Stinky is the only cat I've got in that town right now. Puck, Clyde, Eloise, and Limberg will also be shuffled out of there.

And sorry, GAF, I just gave Pietro away to a girl who's probably his biggest fan ever. You guys'll have to find your clown sheep elsewhere.

Stat!

Stinky is the only cat I've got in that town right now. Puck, Clyde, Eloise, and Limberg will also be shuffled out of there.

And sorry, GAF, I just gave Pietro away to a girl who's probably his biggest fan ever. You guys'll have to find your clown sheep elsewhere.

By biggest, you mean only, right?

God damn, I don't want another sheep. I've learned the hard way about trusting the game to move in people randomly.

Linius

Eh, MicH and I are both cycling villagers on TT-ing second towns so, yeah, plenty. :) Is there someone in particular you're looking for that I can keep an eye out for?

Are you actively cycling? Because I would be willing to pay for Apple if you can get me her the day after Charlise left.

Are you actively cycling? Because I would be willing to pay for Apple if you can get me her the day after Charlise left.

Yep. If I see Apple, she's yours. But you're not paying for her. :3 And I don't know when that would be. There are a lot of villagers and I can only go through a few a day.

Elija2

Barold did the surprised look thing so I talked to him and he said "I think you're really cool. You're like a walking ice-cream sundae!" and that's it. Thanks for the compliment, I guess.

Linius

Yep. If I see Apple, she's yours. But you're not paying for her. :3 And I don't know when that would be. There are a lot of villagers and I can only go through a few a day.

Oh that would be awesome. Fingers crossed. Charlise is moving out tomorrow btw, what are the best ways to prevent unwanted villagers from moving in?

MicH

Oh that would be awesome. Fingers crossed. Charlise is moving out tomorrow btw, what are the best ways to prevent unwanted villagers from moving in?
Turn off wifi, don't streetpass

Only way to be sure.

I should be expecting a new villager soon as Marshal just left. So very exciting to see who it's gonna be.

*STATIC STATIC STATIC*

Linius

Turn off wifi, don't streetpass

Only way to be sure.

I should be expecting a new villager soon as Marshal just left. So very exciting to see who it's gonna be.

*STATIC STATIC STATIC*

Gonna be hard, but if I can get the villager I want that way I gotta do that.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Any of you GameFAQs frequenters have any idea on how much villager pics usually go for? I got a third from Lionel today and was just curious.

Linius

Any of you GameFAQs frequenters have any idea on how much villager pics usually go for? I got a third from Lionel today and was just curious.

There's some guy with a thread who says he has 275 villager pics. I think it would be smart to brose that thread a little to see what's up.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
There's some guy with a thread who says he has 275 villager pics. I think it would be smart to brose that thread a little to see what's up.

I probably wouldn't really sell because I'd feel like a jackass, but was just curious about how much they're ripping people off for :p

UberTag

I have still received a grand total of 0 villager pics.
This, despite, talking their ears off and running their little fetch quests.
wtzgU.gif

I do have an extra Katie's pic to pawn off on someone for my last Katie item (the digital-photo frame).

Stat!

But doesn't rain help grass grow so it would make up for it? Or would watering the flowers make it grow even more?

I've talked to Nan, Frank, and Carmen. They haven't mention Diva. Before, Frank and Poncho mentioned Diva might be toying with the idea of moving out. Now that I had that conversation with her, nothing. Should I save and approach Diva? Reset and approach Diva? Ideas?

Stat!

I have still received a grand total of 0 villager pics.
This, despite, talking their ears off and running their little fetch quests.
wtzgU.gif

I do have an extra Katie's pic to pawn off on someone for my last Katie item (the digital-photo frame).

I have an extra digital photoframe. I'll trade it for Katie's pic once I figure out my diva situation

EDIT: Whoops. Meant to edit my other post, but I accidentally double posted.

Elija2

I've talked to Nan, Frank, and Carmen. They haven't mention Diva. Before, Frank and Poncho mentioned Diva might be toying with the idea of moving out. Now that I had that conversation with her, nothing. Should I save and approach Diva? Reset and approach Diva? Ideas?

Diva herself won't mention it until one of the coming days before she moves out. Other villagers should mention it if you keep talking to them. I dunno, did you do a lot of stuff today? It would suck to lose a bunch of progress for no reason. Try talking to everyone and if nobody mentions it, I would consider resetting.

Stat!

Diva herself won't mention it until one of the coming days before she moves out. Other villagers should mention it if you keep talking to them. I dunno, did you do a lot of stuff today? It would suck to lose a bunch of progress for no reason. Try talking to everyone and if nobody mentions it, I would consider resetting.

I haven't done anything really today besides talk to Diva, make a small trade with Nan for a Cello, and that's it.

EDIT: Frank just now said that he heard a rumour Diva might be moving out of town (the same thing he said yesterday before I talked to Diva today). Should I be good to go? Im worried as she needs to leave. ...Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom