• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been having bad luck with villagers moving into the second town. Mostly a bunch of randoms. But Margie the elephant and Sally the squirrel are there if anyone wants one of them when they move out.

My unicorn is being unpredictably stubborn about leaving. He's been there the equivalent of three months and won't budge.

Strangely, a lot of people visit me, but I still don't got a 10th villager... Guess I'm Lucky?

It's random. Niraj went, what, a month with only 9 and lots of visitors and then suddenly got sidled with one. Some people just care more about random move-ins than others. I've waited out my fair share of lousy villagers. Now that I have a free spot, the wifi is staying off until I can choose my 10th.

SuperSah

Banned
By the way, it appeared my random 10th villager was from Mich's town. Odd since I never spoke to the animal, lol.

Guys, anyone wanna trade a pumpkin pie? I have a Japan only Bamboo Grass!

How can you get rid of fortunes? I have so many, you can't sell them. I just threw on the beach.

And is there a way to get unwanted citizens to leave town? I tried beating them with the hammer, pushing them until they get angry, push them into traps, set traps in front of their house, yell at them with the megaphone, ignore them and they get all angry but still they won't move out...

How can you get rid of fortunes? I have so many, you can't sell them. I just threw on the beach.

And is there a way to get unwanted citizens to leave town? I tried beating them with the hammer, pushing them until they get angry, push them into traps, set traps in front of their house, yell at them with the megaphone, ignore them and they get all angry but still they won't move out...

Move-out patterns are mostly random though some people have found completely ignoring them to be more effective than abusing them.

Which fortune tickets are you talking about? The ones you buy with play coins from the Nooks? If so, those are traded in for Nintendo prizes where you bought them.

The cookies? Just eat them, stuff inside can be sold at Retails or if you really want, you can a recycle bin and throw them in there...

SuperSah

Banned
mXnW6b6.jpg

In a stroke of true fanboyism, I got Mars' logo stamped on my drum! :D

The AC QR iOS app is a godsend, converts any photo into a AC QR code, works for me! :D

ramyeon

By the way, it appeared my random 10th villager was from Mich's town. Odd since I never spoke to the animal, lol.
That's normal, I got my 10th villager over wifi as well. You can get them if you visit someone's town when they have a villager moving or if you streetpass with someone who does.

Linius

Jak140

Too bad the tours are shitty today and I spend 120 medals on swim suits yesterday. Maybe I'll try after the game, football is starting just now :O

Damn lucky to have that on your own island.
A few Japanese islands still have elite scavenger. Good luck!

Move-out patterns are mostly random though some people have found completely ignoring them to be more effective than abusing them.

Which fortune tickets are you talking about? The ones you buy with play coins from the Nooks? If so, those are traded in for Nintendo prizes where you bought them.

The cookies? Just eat them, stuff inside can be sold at Retails or if you really want, you can a recycle bin and throw them in there...

Yeah, I'm talking about the cookies you buy with play coins. You either get a ticket for a prize or a fortune. I have about 30 and can't sell them, they're greyed out in the sell-menu. Guess I'll have to wait till I can build a recycle bin to throw them away, it doesn't show up in my list yet.

As for the moving out, I guess I'll try ignoring longer. Maybe that will make them move out.

Edit: Wow, I'm stupid. ;-) You can exchange the fortunes for prizes, I thought you only get items for the special tickets... Oops, sorry for bothering you.

Yeah, I'm talking about the cookies you buy with play coins. You either get a ticket for a prize or a fortune. I have about 30 and can't sell them, they're greyed out in the sell-menu. Guess I'll have to wait till I can build a recycle bin to throw them away, it doesn't show up in my list yet.

As for the moving out, I guess I'll try ignoring longer. Maybe that will make them move out.

But why you bought the cookies then? :) Why dont open them and trade them for items you can sell at Retail?

zroid

Banned
Grr so the pumpkin pie give away starts today, but I'm deathly afraid of getting a crap villager... I will just have to wait later in the week to get it then. I'm not risking turning on my wi-fi out in the streets yet. :/

:lol

you could just disable StreetPass for AC

MicH

Guys, anyone wanna trade a pumpkin pie? I have a Japan only Bamboo Grass!
Omg is it Rodney?

Also if more US gaffers can help me out with a pumpkin pie I would really appreciate it.

MicH

Nope, it was Bud. :)

I got my pie, if you can't find anyone, we can dupe at last resort, lol.
Ah, from my second town. He's alright in my book, he has PINK GLASSES!

Thanks for the offer. Hopefully someone can help be out. Will gladly trade something/pay for it

Neodyn

Katie seems to have usurped Joan today for me. Anyone know if Joan will appear once I get rid of Katie? If so anyone mind taking Katie? 2363-5645-4169

Ok my 3ds has arrived with AC, friend code is 2122-6440-4190. My native fruit is Cherries and my villagers are Wart Jr, Baabara, Celia, Bangle, Cube and Angnes. Played it for a full day and just need to get some foreign fruit to get that early money rolling in.

SuperSah

Banned
Ok my 3ds has arrived with AC, friend code is 2122-6440-4190. My native fruit is Cherries and my villagers are Wart Jr, Baabara, Celia, Bangle, Cube and Angnes. Played it for a full day and just need to get some foreign fruit to get that early money rolling in.

Welcome to the community!

My pumpkin pie looks terrific in my kitchen. Gamefaqs has some serious buyers and I feel pretty proud to be in the minority from the EU with one of these babies. I'm keeping this for sure. :p

Koren

I've added you, and I'll open in a couple of minutes. You can come to get any fruits you want (same name). Just give me 5 minutes so that I can grab the fruits (one of my dupe hold those).

If anyone wants to dump Katie, feel free to do it while I'm open...

I've added you, and I'll open in a couple of minutes. You can come to get any fruits you want (same name). Just give me 5 minutes so that I can grab the fruits (one of my dupe hold those).

If anyone wants to dump Katie, feel free to do it while I'm open...
What's your friend code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom