• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Are you shunning her by net abuse or just ignoring her?
Because the latter will likely work quicker.

Incidentally, I would love to take Kitty off your hands provided that I'm able to chase Mac or Wolfgang out of my town beforehand.

Ignoring, and sure, you can have her.

darklin0

Banned
I have Pippy moving out today if anyone is interested. One warning, she has Rocket's Pink 4 shirt. Not sure if everyone else finds it as ugly as I do.

Pippy_NewLeaf_Official.png

Elija2

Villagers really do tend to move into the same spots over and over again. So if you've got someone who's moved into an inconvenient spot in your game, you might want to reset to move them if you know someone's coming in because the odds seem to be pretty good another villager will take the same spot. Most of the land in this town has been untouched through 25 villagers. They just keep taking the same places.

I believe every town layout has preset spots for villagers to move onto. If some of those preset spots are blocked with a PWP, the number of spaces for villagers to move onto is even smaller. You could probably narrow it down so that new villagers will move onto the same spaces. I wonder if it's possible to have PWPs scattered in such a way that there is no room for someone to move in.

There's a single variation? Someone has a picture?

I was also wondering why a boxed figure and a model car. Have nintendo sold those? The figure, it's not really surprising, but the car? I knew they sold instant rice, and that Yamauchi owned a taxi company and a love hotel, but model cars is new to me.

I have on my home, just a moment for a pic. :)

MicH

I believe every town layout has preset spots for villagers to move onto. If some of those preset spots are blocked with a PWP, the number of spaces for villagers to move onto is even smaller. You could probably narrow it down so that new villagers will move onto the same spaces. I wonder if it's possible to have PWPs scattered in such a way that there is no room for someone to move in.
If you do the reset trick every time you get a new villager you should know most of the spots. I'm building PWPs near all those now. Also annoys me that they refuse/won't/can't move into some of the spots I want them to :/

Galactic Fork

xAmu4jy.jpg

Get back to work!! The town won't assistant mayor itself!

Also... Shunning Kitty isn't going so well obviously...
QEiKKp4.jpg

And she joined the Fresh Shirt Militia.

I'd heard that but it's hard to see when playing in real time. It just becomes so much more blatant when you play (the equivalent of) a few weeks in an hour.

I don't know if you could block villagers out entirely with the 30 PWPs and 4 houses. They seem to be able to wedge themselves into places Nook and Isabelle would never allow me to put stuff.

milkham

anyone have art to trade? i got a legit famous painting ( mona lisa) and i need

animal sculpture
beautiful sculpture
great sculpture
gallant sculpture
robust sculpture
valiant sculpture

wild painting
wistful painting
common painting
flowery painting
scenic painting
warm painting

Koomaster

Out of curiosity, does anyone else have the gold time badge besides Philia and I?
Getting close, it's for 500 hrs right? I just passed 400 a few days back.

I don't think it takes into consideration the time you spend on the island tho. For my silver badge I didn't get that till I hit 217hrs played. Although maybe it was because Phineas didn't want to come to my town since it was cloudy or something else.

Koren

To block the 9th or 10th, definitively, yes, granted your river isn't too straight.

And that's even without « preset spots »

I have on my home, just a moment for a pic. :)

Unless they've changed the design for New Leaf, the model car is actually Gracie's car from the original Gamecube game.

Well they released an RC car, but I don't know if that is what the model car is referencing.

Don't have any pictures, but basically the original is a girl doll in a pink box while the customized version is a robot action figure in a blue box.
Many thanks to all of you... Very interesting...

Frogstep

What has everyone's experience with sick villagers been? Did you guys usually get villager pics in return? Jacques has been sick and I've been bringing him medicine everyday, hopefully he'll throw a pic my way.

milkham

What has everyone's experience with sick villagers been? Did you guys usually get villager pics in return? Jacques has been sick and I've been bringing him medicine everyday, hopefully he'll throw a pic my way.

haven't gotten a picture for that but so far i only have one

WasabiJoe

Neo Member

Its possible but I don't know if the odds are very high. If you give them medicine though it definitely helps your chances.

I've only gotten two pics so far, first from Jeremiah because I was at his birthday. 2nd from Bonbon because I recently helped her recover from a cold.

I suspect my 3rd will be from Bree because I also went to her birthday, but all my villagers are so stingy with their pictures!

Nope, usually I get junk. Considering I've had a picture from a simple return item request (that took 5 seconds) and we've got the famous picture for a flea story it seems to be an entirely random reward, but has a higher chance of coming from the more demanding requests.

Frogstep

haven't gotten a picture for that but so far i only have one

Its possible but I don't know if the odds are very high. If you give them medicine though it definitely helps your chances.

I've only gotten two pics so far, first from Jeremiah because I was at his birthday. 2nd from Bonbon because I recently helped her recover from a cold.

I suspect my 3rd will be from Bree because I also went to her birthday, but all my villagers are so stingy with their pictures!

Nope, usually I get junk. Considering I've had a picture from a simple return item request (that took 5 seconds) and we've got the famous picture for a flea story it seems to be an entirely random reward, but has a higher chance of coming from the more demanding requests.

mwr1u3Q.jpg

He was nice enough to give me his pic! First time I get a sick villager too. :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Anytime! Let me know if you're opening up your gates at all again tonight.
You had some cool stuff to catalog at the south of town that I didn't get all the way through.
If you like I can open them again now and just leave you to your own devices.

Yes, that is completely possible, it seems. Only one villager in this town...

Dream Address: 2100-2523-4005

tumblr_inline_mrc8ciQAK51qz4rgp.png

Levi

Banned
I got Greta's pic today, from bringing her medicine three days in a row while she was sick. My favorite villager so I'm pretty pleased.

Nopren

Oh, if we're doing dream villager lists, here's mine (copied from my tumblr):

tumblr_inline_mpt76mJkUE1s2ny37.gif
tumblr_inline_mpt774syym1s2ny37.gif
tumblr_inline_mpt7792qjw1s2ny37.gif
tumblr_inline_mpt77fLbmT1s2ny37.gif
tumblr_inline_mpt7a7sgaq1s2ny37.gif
tumblr_inline_mpt7ac5Iju1s2ny37.gif
tumblr_inline_mpv5tqUGwx1s2ny37.gif
tumblr_inline_mpv5tzOD641s2ny37.gif

Snake, Julian, Marshal, Kabuki, Mira, Gaston, Olaf, Cheri.

Yeah, that's a lot of smug. lol.

Where do you guys get those small pictures of the villagers from?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Getting close, it's for 500 hrs right? I just passed 400 a few days back.

I don't think it takes into consideration the time you spend on the island tho. For my silver badge I didn't get that till I hit 217hrs played. Although maybe it was because Phineas didn't want to come to my town since it was cloudy or something else.

Yeah 500. I was closer to 600 before I got the badge, so there might be something in your theory.

No, 80 hours short. :( Got 419 hours and 42 minutes...

Almost there!

I usually get complete shit. I think Sparro gave me a trash can and Tammi gave me a bucket. I got their pics through other means though. Flurry is sick right now :(

Congrats on getting one from Jacques. He's cool :)

Animekatt

Katt, I got Purrl boxed up. Let me know when you can come grab her :)

I am ready!

Thank God I followed Zeer0id's advice about turning off streetpass for AC. I've gotten 4 new ones today. I also got the pumpkin pie from Best Buy. Since I have a McDonald's down the street from me, I'll go there sometime this week to grab more for our EU friends. :)

Elija2

Yes, that is completely possible, it seems. Only one villager in this town...

Dream Address: 2100-2523-4005

tumblr_inline_mrc8ciQAK51qz4rgp.png

Whoah, that's crazy. I wonder if it's possible to have NO villagers.

At least now I know that it's possible. Grizzly moved onto a really bad spot in my town so when he moves out I'll be sure to put a PWP there. I might check that dream town out to see how they did it.

Frogstep

I usually get complete shit. I think Sparro gave me a trash can and Tammi gave me a bucket. I got their pics through other means though. Flurry is sick right now :(

Congrats on getting one from Jacques. He's cool :)

Yeah I really like Jacques, one of my non-frog favorites. I completely ripped off his house's style for one of my rooms haha.
I hope you get Flurry's pic once he's all better! I wouldn't mind having one of the hamsters in my town, they're so small and adorable.

MicH

I am ready!

Thank God I followed Zeer0id's advice about turning off streetpass for AC. I've gotten 4 new ones today. I also got the pumpkin pie from Best Buy. Since I have a McDonald's down the street from me, I'll go there sometime this week to grab more for our EU friends. :)
Awesome! Opening gates in a minute. Same FC, town is Traitown

Whoah, that's crazy. I wonder if it's possible to have NO villagers.

At least now I know that it's possible. Grizzly moved onto a really bad spot in my town so when he moves out I'll be sure to put a PWP there. I might check that dream town out to see how they did it.

I think a lot of TT'ing can do that... Move two villagers at once and put on one space a PWP, then next 2 villagers and so on...

Niraj

Yeah I really like Jacques, one of my non-frog favorites. I completely ripped off his house's style for one of my rooms haha.
I hope you get Flurry's pic once he's all better! I wouldn't mind having one of the hamsters in my town, they're so small and adorable.

I've got one already :p She is pretty adorable

tumblr_mrcq47JLDV1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

tumblr_mrcqfrCPnZ1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

:3

I think a lot of TT'ing can do that... Move two villagers at once and put on one space a PWP, then next 2 villagers and so on...

Nope. Once you're down to 8, you can't kick anymore out until you're back to 9. That's a hack. If you sit on the tree, you see the full list of villagers.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://ouka.kuronowish.com/rehoeass2/

Hopefully I can replace Rhonda (normal) with a frog. Have to find if there's a cute normal frog.

60px-Lily_NL.png

Niraj

She's too cute. That's why I want Apple, I need that hamster flavour in my town.

Hopefully I can replace Rhonda (normal) with a frog. Have to find if there's a cute normal frog.

Lily! I want to get rid of Rhonda too :( and Annalisa now :/

D'awwwww! Look at that!
That second pic though haha.

lol that's my favorite room. I couldn't help but laugh when her head barely came up over the wheat :p

Ellix

The sprites are from this site (it's in Japanese). I recommend scrolling down menu on the left side of the main page to bullet point "6" you'll see a link that says "ZIP" in it. That's the .zip file containing all the sprites, so I recommend you download that instead of fumbling through the menus.

They're very useful for showing your town status.

EDIT: Whoops I took too long, lol

Galactic Fork

Hrmm the router SSID changing thing didn't work for the best buy item. Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom