• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well apparently they wanted all my money (which I honestly thought was a joke at first). I couldn't leave because they had started a tour and apparently one can't leave until the tour has departed (yo fix this Nintendo). Guess I'll just get the last few yellows another day.

How much you want? :)
Well I need five more but I was going to buy eight as a buffer incase they wilt.

I managed to keep two despite forcing a disconnect.

Thanks.

Well apparently they wanted all my money (which I honestly thought was a joke at first). I couldn't leave because they had started a tour and apparently one can't leave until the tour has departed (yo fix this Nintendo). Guess I'll just get the last few yellows another day.

Well I need five more but I was going to buy eight as a buffer incase they wilt.

Thanks.

I'm on a Island with yellow h's. :) How much?

Edit: 6 coming up :)

Marvie_3

Banned
Someone tried to "rob" me on the island by not letting me leave.

Annoyingly I just found some yellow hibiscuses.

Whatever I just flipped the wireless switch.

EDIT: Well silver lining. Next visit I finally found the striped wet suit!
Striped wet suit = best wet suit

I spent about 60,000 on island trips one day to track it down for a friend and I.

I double checked and apparently I didn't need as many as I thought (so the robber saved me wasting my medals ha ha).

Three would be nice.

EDIT: Thanks.

Well, I was a bit too rapid. I bought 10... Oh well, it's not like I need expensive Island items anymore. :p

When can i deliver them? :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

Thanks.

Ah, that's pretty bad luck. The couple times it happened to me, they just kept their menu up after asking for money/my friend code (yeah I know, wtf. It was a Japanese girl).

I'm quite happy with my black wetsuit. What does the striped one look like? We have an image of that?

If I had any characters left :p

You have a cabana wardrobe already? :)

Only wetsuit I'm missing is the pink one. :( And I know it had it once on a Island, but didn't know it was rare, same with the flip-flops. :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm quite happy with my black wetsuit. What does the striped one look like? We have an image of that?
Black one is the one depicted with the icon right. Yellow anchor on the chest? That's the one I've been using till now.

Striped Wetsuit:
tumblr_mqwzd0xl0x1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Niraj

Hate when you do a chore for a villager and after they say "oh, here's something for you" it's a shirt. It's always something I already have (lotus tee from Drago, in this instance). Granted, he asked for a cicada, so I guess I shouldn't have expected much :/

Well, if you are alone on the Island first, you can just start a tour so no one can join the Island. :) That's how I do it. Or keep the conversation going if someone wants to join. :)

Yeah, I'm anti-social on the islands sometimes... :(

Philia

Whelp. Colton's moving out of town, but he wouldn't... prompt me this info yet. Is this normal or did I miss it?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
lol, an AC robbery.

I guess the concept falls flat when you can just turn your wifi off. Sucks if you got any medals though.
Funny thing is they started an elite scavenger hunt so I thought I'd join in since it's an easy 16, but I've already stocked up on over 200 so the only loss was theirs.

If it was a rare island item like the striped wetsuit I'd be pissed. Losing some yellow hibiscuses is just an annoyance.

Linius

You have a cabana wardrobe already? :)

Only wetsuit I'm missing is the pink one. :( And I know it had it once on a Island, but didn't know it was rare, same with the flip-flops. :(

Yeah, just the chair, floor and dresser now. After I got your wall of course.

Black one is the one depicted with the icon right. Yellow anchor on the chest? That's the one I've been using till now.

Striped Wetsuit:
tumblr_mqwzd0xl0x1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

Yup, that's the black one I currently wear. But that striped one looks seriously awesome!

lol, an AC robbery.

I guess the concept falls flat when you can just turn your wifi off. Sucks if you got any medals though.

Yeah, it's pretty lame.

Whelp. Colton's moving out of town, but he wouldn't... prompt me this info yet. Is this normal or did I miss it?

Other villagers know it first. It's normal. :) Got it too with Rory. Villager tells me, Rory doesn't say anything about it. Next day, Rory himself tells me. Why the delay, beats me. :(

Philia

Other villagers know it first. It's normal. :) Got it too with Rory. Villager tells me, Rory doesn't say anything about it. Next day, Rory himself tells me. Why the delay, beats me. :(

Ah okay, glad to know this is not unusual. Usually they prompt me first then I'd fucking hear about it from villagers lol.

Well, this will give me a day to debate on my problem... I'm farming Colton for his paintings. He've gave me a fake one earlier. So its working but its not... enough. He and I aren't besties like Niraj and his awesome Lionel obviously lol. But I can't help but think I'll miss out on getting a lot more paintings from a smug villager I'm losing. So I'll be needing to replace Colton somehow...

With THAT said, I looked up a list of smug villagers and saw that I like how Marshal's cute enough for my town. So if anyone got Marshall... let me know!

Henry, Julian and O'Hare are on the short list of cute smug villagers so far. I wouldn't go that far for Julian lmao.

Now I have a question for you guys, especially Garland. Is the game very rigid making sure you have each personality in your town when you reset for them?

Funny thing is they started an elite scavenger hunt so I thought I'd join in since it's an easy 16, but I've already stocked up on over 200 so the only loss was theirs.

If it was a rare island item like the striped wetsuit I'd be pissed. Losing some yellow hibiscuses is just an annoyance.

Yeah, just the chair, floor and dresser now. After I got your wall of course.

Don't know when you two can come to my town?

Linius, got you a dresser, too. :)

MicH

Ah okay, glad to know this is not unusual. Usually they prompt me first then I'd fucking hear about it from villagers lol.

Well, this will give me a day to debate on my problem... I'm farming Colton for his paintings. He've gave me a fake one earlier. So its working but its not... enough. He and I aren't besties like Niraj and his awesome Lionel obviously lol. But I can't help but think I'll miss out on getting a lot more paintings from a smug villager I'm losing. So I'll be needing to replace Colton somehow...

With THAT said, I looked up a list of smug villagers and saw that I like how Marshal's cute enough for my town. So if anyone got Marshall... let me know!

Henry, Julian and O'Hare are on the short list of cute smug villagers so far. I wouldn't go that far for Julian lmao.
Marshal is THE cutest smug villager and I'm getting him from my alt town :D Never letting him go!

I actually got quite a few awesome villagers in that town; Rosie, Marshal, Julian and Marina

I really like Shep and Lopez too, as far as smug villagers go

Flipyap

Man i thought i was over the whole Animal Crossing thing... i mean i played the first one on Cube back in the day and enjoyed it for a while... then i moved on to other stuff and never looked back!

Now with all the buzz THIS one is getting though...Should i give it a go? I mean is there anything about this one that would make it extremely fun for someone like me or is it really more of the same with more extras, more refined etc.?

seriously torn here...
It's definitely more of the same, but portability without Wild World's technical issues, plus the ability to further customize your town definitely make it the most pleasant Animal Crossing so far.
By the time the Wii version rolled around, going back to Animal Crossing felt like a gag reflex, I thought I couldn't do it anymore. No such issues with New Leaf, it just feels... pleasant. Familiar enough to tickle your nostalgia gland, but not so much that it feels like you're playing the exact same port of a Nintendo 64 game (at least while you still have new shops/features to unlock?).
This thread also helps. Nintendo has set up a whole lot of barriers to prevent in-game communities from emerging in anything resembling an organic fashion, but we manage. This place definitely improves the game if you aren't surrounded by 3DS owners.

You shouldn't get it just because other people are into it, but if you think you could return to the animal friendship/bug catching simulator, this is the best time to do so since... uh... 2001.

I have Marshal and he's great. If he says anything about leaving I'll let you know.

It's definitely more of the same, but portability without Wild World's technical issues, plus the ability to further customize your town definitely make it the most pleasant Animal Crossing so far.
By the time the Wii version rolled around, going back to Animal Crossing felt like a gag reflex, I thought I couldn't do it anymore. No such issues with New Leaf, it just feels... pleasant. Familiar enough to tickle your nostalgia gland, but not so much that it feels like you're playing the exact same port of a Nintendo 64 game (at least while you still have new shops/features to unlock?).
This thread also helps. Nintendo has set up a whole lot of barriers to prevent in-game communities from emerging in anything resembling an organic fashion, but we manage. This place definitely improves the game if you aren't surrounded by 3DS owners.

You shouldn't get it just because other people are into it, but if you think you could return to the animal friendship/bug catching simulator, this is the best time to do so since... uh... 2001.

hmmm ok i think i will give it a shot... you can still visit other people's towns right? My wife enjoyed it back in the day as well so that's something we could do.

Niraj

Now I have a question for you guys, especially Garland. Is the game very rigid making sure you have each personality in your town when you reset for them?

Speaking of paintings, have a scary one for you.

Awesome! I can come right now if you're available? I'm online at the moment :)

Also, what do I have to do to trigger that spotpass house? I don't see it in my showcase yet.

Ok, gate is open.

Close your 3ds till there is a blue light on the spot of streetpass right on your 3DS.

Linius

Coming right on Kamikaze. I'm coming as my alt, so you know. Will be a quick in and out, football is about to start :)

Farun

Neo Member
Ahh, what a day. Finally got perfect town, upgraded my townhall to a japanese one, did a great job at my part time job at Brewsters.... Awesome. :3

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I already have the cutest jock villager, nobody got game against Jay.

http://i.imgur.com/Y0MGFIn.png
I had him in my last two games. Kind of glad I got a complete set of new villagers. Not one repeat so far.

Not a fan of jocks. And when a mini duck talks about his massive muscles it comes off as weird. I need an illustration of what Bill is meant to look like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom