• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

Do you guys accept everything your neighbor offers you? I used to do so because I didn't want them to get upset or anything, but I'm not fond of paying for things I don't really want or trading fish or bugs that took me a long time to catch.

Also, when doing deliveries, the initiator always asks me what the recipient thought. I two options are something like "Here's the scoop..." and "I forgot." I don't know if I'm right, but it seems the "right answer" varies. How do I figure out which is the right answer?

I'd really like to do more favors for my neighbors, but I really don't like the ones in which they want to visit my house. Especially when they tell me to pick a time because I always miss it!

I only accept the things that I want. Besides, if you decline to pay for their stuff they'll often give it to you for free later. I don't think declining will worsen your friendship with them.

I always choose "This is what happened..." no matter what. I don't think there is a wrong answer as long as you completed the delivery. If you're still not sure, just choose "I forget" if the delivery recipient had a bad reaction to the present.

If you don't think that you'll remember the appointment, don't accept the favour. Missing an appointment (or failing any favour) will lower your friendship with them. Sometimes you'll get lucky though and they'll forget as well, but I don't know if that affects your friendship in any way. You really should be doing visits to your house though because that's an easy way to potentially get a villager's picture.

Koomaster

As mayor, I declared that it should definitely be Shark Week in Dansbury....
tumblr_mr9qq8RlXI1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Blathers had a few shark themed movies in his collection he was proud to show off....
tumblr_mr9qrliM3W1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Able Sister's allowed me to design a shirt for the occasion as well...
tumblr_mr9qtkSk621swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Every shirt sold = one shark saved!
tumblr_mr9qozJEhH1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

I guess I could have done a better job as we only sold one. The town's sole shark gee... I mean shark enthusiast bought it...
tumblr_mr9qwejNtO1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

As promised; be free little shark...
tumblr_mre6x73iOg1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Talked Kapp'n into giving shark tours to the citizens for over triple his usual fee which made him happy...
tumblr_mr9quuRlOX1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

And finally to finish off the week, shark themed fireworks show...
tumblr_mrdy40a7p41swqxw3o1_400.jpg

QR Code: 1, 2, 3, 4
tumblr_mre6ctPvuv1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

QR Code: Sharky
tumblr_mre6fmvcAM1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

QR Code: Hammerhead
tumblr_mre6iqv1jV1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

QR Code: Saw Shark
tumblr_mre6kt91XW1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

QR Code: Whale Shark
tumblr_mre6noFboR1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

And so ends Shark Week!

I only accept the things that I want. Besides, if you decline to pay for their stuff they'll often give it to you for free later. I don't think declining will worsen your friendship with them.

I always choose "This is what happened..." no matter what. I don't think there is a wrong answer as long as you completed the delivery. If you're still not sure, just choose "I forget" if the delivery recipient had a bad reaction to the present.

If you don't think that you'll remember the appointment, don't accept the favour. Missing an appointment (or failing any favour) will lower your friendship with them. Sometimes you'll get lucky though and they'll forget as well, but I don't know if that affects your friendship in any way. You really should be doing visits to your house though because that's an easy way to potentially get a villager's picture.
Wow, I just looked up pictures to see why they were so desirable, and I had no idea that they were so elusive. Thanks for the information!

On another note, I wish the bulletin board would keep records further back. I had some funny ones that I would have liked to share on Miiverse or NeoGAF.

Elija2

I'm purging old screenshots I took in the game from my SD card and looking at them I realized just how much grass that I lost due to grass degradation. Like, an alarming amount.

I'm purging old screenshots I took in the game from my SD card and looking at them I realized just how much grass that I lost due to grass degradation. Like, an alarming amount.

yeah, I'm debating just putting it on beautiful town for a while and just not walking around as much to water flowers / hit rocks / dig etc. Maybe cut some of the trample-heavy activities back to every third day.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
IGN has this silly article about the scariness of Animal Crossing. But in it they call Flurry a bear. A bear! How can you mistake the adorable cuddleriffic hamster for one of those hideous ursine monstrosities? Gaming journalism my foot. *stomp*

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
IGN has this silly article about the scariness of Animal Crossing. But in it they call Flurry a bear. A bear! How can you mistake the adorable cuddleriffic hamster for one of those hideous ursine monstrosities? Gaming journalism my foot. *stomp*

Those bastards...

Elija2

yeah, I'm debating just putting it on beautiful town for a while and just not walking around as much to water flowers / hit rocks / dig etc. Maybe cut some of the trample-heavy activities back to every third day.

It's not really feasible though. To grow back the grass you'd have to have flowers everywhere. They really should have thought through the implementation a bit more. Put some grass seed in the game or something.

It's not really feasible though. To grow back the grass you'd have to have flowers everywhere. They really should have thought through the implementation a bit more. Put some grass seed in the game or something.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I really don't think you need the flowers. -- and my town DOES have flowers everywhere. I literally spent a couple hours today just thinning them out and trying to make sense of what I wanted to keep.

Frogstep

Yeah I already have some really bad dirt patches in my town now. By the time I realized my running around was killing my grass it was already too late. Now I just walk all the time because....cause... :<

Yeah I already have some really bad dirt patches in my town now. By the time I realized my running around was killing my grass it was already too late. Now I just walk all the time because....cause... :<

I have very clear wear spots near some of my rocks where I've never run at all. Simply trying to maintain your town destroys it. *sigh*

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I have a vast expanse of brown in my town; not bothering with any paths/flowers until I get all my perfect villagers.

Finally got my paths laid out after three days of manually doing it. Looks really nice now, though. :D

Dream # is 5800-2240-8353 if anyone wants to visit. Still have some tweaks left, but most of it is done now. Name of town should be Yasogami.

UberTag

The only viable solution to grass wear as far as I'm aware is to switch to Beautiful Town ordinance, time travel 6 months into the future and time travel back to your current time.

The only viable solution to grass wear as far as I'm aware is to switch to Beautiful Town ordinance, time travel 6 months into the future and time travel back to your current time.

Which is essentially not walking on the grass for six months. So if you figure out a means to walk on your grass less, stick to set paths, etc., it will grow back.

Koomaster

Yeah I really wish they had removed that whole animal tracks grass deterioration idea from the game. It's a bigger hassle than any benefit you get from it. If people want paths - well, people design their own as we see. Don't need dirt pathing built into the game.

And as a note if none of you have played AC before; grass = snow in the winter time. Going to need some nice patches of snow if you hope to create any snowmen.

UberTag

Why is it that I am forced to react to one of my villagers stopping in their tracks, pausing for 5 seconds and plopping some unwanted red/white/yellow flowers smack dab into the middle of a flower bed I'm trying to grow hybrids, in the same way I would a pet making an unwanted mess in my yard?

I'm watering flowers happily, I see Celia wander by, I wave, then she stops in the middle of my flowers.
I look on with trepidation.
I think to myself... don't you dare do it.
Don't you dare put those yellow viol- oh damn, you did. Look what you did. Look at the mess you made!
And then I get out my shovel and clean up after them before politely scolding them.

Yeah I really wish they had removed that whole animal tracks grass deterioration idea from the game. It's a bigger hassle than any benefit you get from it. If people want paths - well, people design their own as we see. Don't need dirt pathing built into the game.

And as a note if none of you have played AC before; grass = snow in the winter time. Going to need some nice patches of snow if you hope to create any snowmen.

I don't think it's something that they can patch, but perhaps we should bombard the Miiverse with anti-grass-wear posts since that community exists now.

Why is it that I am forced to react to one of my villagers stopping in their tracks, pausing for 5 seconds and plopping some unwanted red/white/yellow flowers smack dab into the middle of a flower bed I'm trying to go hybrids in the same way I would a pet making an unwanted mess in my yard?

I'm watering flowers happily, I see Celia wander by, I wave, then she stops in the middle of my flowers.
I look on with trepidation.
I think to myself... don't you dare do it.
Don't you dare put those yellow viol- oh damn, you did. Look what you did. Look at the mess you made!
And then I get out my shovel and clean up after them before politely scolding them.
hah hah, I was going through this exact same thing today. Clearing out spaces between all my flowers for hybrids to grow. Walk away, come back to three or four out-of-place colors stuck in-between.

I totally get why the serious hybrid folks work down on the beach.

There do seem to be areas that animals tend to plant more frequently though.

UberTag

Ok, what's the 2nd best way.
Introduce yourself and ignore them immediately afterwards.

However, if you've made the mistake of abusing them with a net or talking to them after your intro... well, you should create an alt character, have THEM introduce themselves to that character and then spend the next week ignoring them while talking to all of your other villagers.

Ok, what's the 2nd best way.

Introduce yourself once the day she moves in and then never speak to her again. Some people swear by it. You have to say hello on day one and then ignore no matter how often she gives you the exclamation point ping.

Have you been playing online with Linius? His Charlise moved out today, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom