• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

BRb9hIkCMAAKTMA.jpg

I love it when villagers wear cool clothes you give them. Kabuki has become my security guard with this bulletproof vest now.

BRb9rLbCUAA6YiN.jpg

Black Roses overtaking my village, and I have no problem with that at all :D

Ellix

Introduce yourself once the day she moves in and then never speak to her again. Some people swear by it. You have to say hello on day one and then ignore no matter how often she gives you the exclamation point ping.

Introduce yourself and ignore them immediately afterwards.

However, if you've made the mistake of abusing them with a net or talking to them after your intro... well, you should create an alt character, have THEM introduce themselves to that character and then spend the next week ignoring them while talking to all of your other villagers.

I'm waiting until after Tuesday to see the results of this method on Victoria. As far as I can tell, it worked with Tammi. She moved in over a month ago and despite me almost completely ignoring her, she never offered to move out. The key word being *almost* because I still spoke to her 2-3 times when other villagers asked me to deliver things to her. When I finally made an alt character I introduced her to my alt and then continued ignoring her on both chars, and other villagers started telling me she wanted to move out a week after my alt was created.

Not sure if it's coincidence, but Victoria moved in last Tuesday and I've done the same method. So we'll see.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Really? I have not noticed my neighbors wear down the grass. Then again they do pretty much stick to the paths I have laid down, very rare to see them even walking on the grass come to think of it. Hmm.
It's the only explanation I have for the area around my house. I would walk there once a day to water flowers. Same with the area around my fountain. Same time of day for both. But the fountain is much more grassy than my house. Difference? Several villagers circle my house every day. Over and over.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah I really wish they had removed that whole animal tracks grass deterioration idea from the game. It's a bigger hassle than any benefit you get from it. If people want paths - well, people design their own as we see. Don't need dirt pathing built into the game.

And as a note if none of you have played AC before; grass = snow in the winter time. Going to need some nice patches of snow if you hope to create any snowmen.

I'm fine with it being in the game. There just needs to be easier ways of fixing it, whether its grass seed, faster regrowth, etc.

Linius

Pink cosmos from a flowerbed that I didn't water. Nice surprise. And another black tulip. And a new red carnation, no luck on white so far. The real prices like blue roses and purple pansies won't appear either. Sad emote.

No pic from Charlise in the mail, just a letter.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Me: "Who do you have in your village again? Skye obviously"

Galactic Fork: "Dumb bear, bland eagle, incontinent duck, tiny jock squirrel, lame cat, adorable Chrissy, peppy cave rat"

The fireworks are cool, but I hate how they restrict so many things from happening. It's four whole Sundays where you can't do very much.

The blasted thing is over with, and yet my villagers are still talking about it. I just want to give Octavian his dang time capsule. :/

Image dump time!

1wAqW1s.jpg

I'm flattered, really O'Hare. I know it's your birthday and all but I don't swing that way. Sorry.

vV04G3o.jpg

And even if I were, because you say things like this I would still say no.

WeDrIQd.jpg

Nothing to see here but us not humans.

7FRWzBF.jpg

Frog bros chilling.

Q6sk29n.jpg

This is what happens when you do shrooms, kids.

pJRl0O5.jpg

Awww yisss, double rainbow!

0bQdomH.jpg

You see, no one actually moves out of my town. Puddles here eats them and then attempts to hide the remains. RIP Apple. If only I had some sort of Police Station to bring Puddles to justice...

Nw84dHT.jpg

BUT I can't build it because there were some fireworks earlier. And it just so happens that Becky is leaving town tonight. Enjoy your chicken, Puddles. I hope you can live with all this blood on your hands, Isabelle. All because you wanted to shoot some fireworks off and didn't feel like working afterwards.

Spent a little time playing with my town while watching Breaking Bad but I mostly stepped away from the 3DS to play Brothers today.

This is the fifth time Sydney has asked me to leave and I'm finally giving up and letting her take off. She leaves on Tuesday I believe. I'm gonna miss her but I enjoy random villagers and who knows what else will happen.

Still wish it was Tucker leaving though. Asshole sent me a letter saying that the attached item reminded them of me.

It was a "men's toilet".

Fuck you, douche-bag mammoth.

Niraj

Spent a little time playing with my town while watching Breaking Bad but I mostly stepped away from the 3DS to play Brothers today.

This is the fifth time Sydney has asked me to leave and I'm finally giving up and letting her take off. She leaves on Tuesday I believe. I'm gonna miss her but I enjoy random villagers and who knows what else will happen.

Still wish it was Tucker leaving though. Asshole sent me a letter saying that the attached item reminded them of me.

It was a "men's toilet".

Fuck you, douche-bag mammoth.

lol you should mail it right back to him. That's what I do when they give me shit I don't want.

Also, how good was Breaking Bad? :eek: I watched it like 3 more times lol :/

Edit: speaking of dumb shit, Rhonda just told me she read about a famous garbage can and wants one in our town. I'd really love to see that fucking book. Bunch of liars.

lol you should mail it right back to him. That's what I do when they give me shit I don't want.

Also, how good was Breaking Bad? :eek: I watched it like 3 more times lol :/

I sold it. I don't want to encourage letters to him. *barf*

Good episode - though I am not a hardcore fan by any standard. Some of those episodes are insanely intense throughout the whole thing and I can't stand that much buildup without letting off some steam. Been loving playing AC while watching Orange is the New Black though. Probably my favorite new series.

*promises to not veer off into off topic any further*

Niraj

I sold it. I don't want to encourage letters to him. *barf*

Good episode - though I am not a hardcore fan by any standard. Some of those episodes are insanely intense throughout the whole thing and I can't stand that much buildup without letting off some steam. Been loving playing AC while watching Orange is the New Black though. Probably my favorite new series.

*promises to not veer off into off topic any further*

I have heard very good things about that. I'll check it out at some point in the nebulous future.

On another note, I did find out that the anteater that moved in was from the town I dropped Katie off to the other day. That shit really chaps my ass. Now I gotta hope for not just one, but two normals to bless me with the desire to move. I think when I start up from now on, I'm just going to make a beeline for Rhonda and hope her surprised dialogue is her moving. Can't hurt at least :/

And ideally dumbass Drago will actually give me a stupid request one of these days. It's annoying to get nothing from him, but like three a piece from Lionel and Muffy a day. Just give me a request, give me your pic, and I'll leave you be, if that's what you want :p you can just chill and do dragon stuff. Whatever gets you off.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's still a bit early ;)

I've found this, not sure it's 100% correct. Beware: many of those are available on the island (which seems to be a perpetual august, actually), so it's not really "last chance" for all of them.

Bugs:
[Brown Cicada] on trees - July through August, 8am to 5pm (best time is 8am to 4pm)
[Robust Cicada] on trees - July through August, 8am to 5pm (best time is 8am to 4pm)
[Giant Cicada] on trees - July through August, 8am to 5pm
[Evening Cicada] on trees - July through August, 4am to 8am and 4pm to 7pm
[Cicada Shell] on trees - July through August, all day
[Darner Dragonfly] in air - June through August, 8am to 5pm (best time is 4pm to 5pm)
[Banded Dragonfly] in air - July through August, 8am to 5pm
[Longhorn Beetle] on tree stumps - July through August, 11pm to 7pm
[Scarab Beetle] on trees - July through August, 11pm to 8am
[Jewel Beetle] on trees - July through August, 8am to 5pm
[Miyama Stag] on trees - July through August, all day (best time is August, 7pm to 8am)
[Saw Stag] on trees - July through August, all day (best time is 7pm to 8am)
[Giant Stag] on trees - July through August, 11pm to 8am
[Cyclommatus Stag] on palm trees - July through August, 5pm to 8am
[Golden Stag] on palm trees - July through August, 5pm to 8am
[Horned Dynastid] on trees - July through August, 5pm to 8am (best time is 11pm to 8am)
[Horned Atlas] on palm trees - July through August, 5pm to 8am
[Horned Elephant] on palm trees - July through August, 5pm to 8am
[Horned Hercules] on palm trees - July through August, 5pm to 8am

Fish:
[Killifish] in holding pond - April through August, all day
[Frog] in holding pond - May through August, all day
[Giant Snakehead] in lake - June through August, 9am to 4pm
[Napoleonfish] in ocean - July through August, 4am to 9pm
[Squid] in ocean - December through mid-August, all day

Sea Creatures:
None

Thanks!

Oh, so Tarantula's last day isn't August?

According to IGN, ACWiki3DS, Wikia and Thonky, it is. So it's probably indeed also a last chance. Probably an error.

Unfortunately, as I said, it's not mine, and it's probably not 100% correct, sorry. :(
That tarantula is pissing me off. It always appears the one time i'm not looking for it and then my flowers hide it from my view. I've caught 3 scorpions, but the spider evades my grasp.

Mekere

And I've been re-doing my paths once again. Graham walking all around my house at all time is annoying me to no end. This damn stalker don't even use my paths! So I've been planting some bushes in strategic places in order to trick the path-finding. Let's see how it will work.

Semajer

Didn't know that was possible, what do you do?

If I remember correctly you open your gate, I come to your town with Katie, I go home and get a present the next day. You get Katie in your town. You talk to her, and she'll ask you to drop her off in a third person's town, you drop her off, go home, and get a present in the post the next day.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
So has there been an instance where one villager moved out one day and they recruited that same villager the next day?

Insaniac

Some things i Wish you could do in this game:

Actually mail a friend a letter/present via spotpass

take the balloons you get via street passes and attach items to them and "set them free" and then someone you street pass will see it floating over their town at some point

Introduce yourself and ignore them immediately afterwards.

However, if you've made the mistake of abusing them with a net or talking to them after your intro... well, you should create an alt character, have THEM introduce themselves to that character and then spend the next week ignoring them while talking to all of your other villagers.

So the reason I'm still stuck with Rodney is because I decided to hit him with the net 3 times the first time I saw him? God, this dumb moving system is driving me up the wall, I just want that guy out of my damn town.

The problem is I've been ignoring him for so long at this point I don't want to risk resetting everything by talking to him with my alt, he could well be only a few days away from leaving.

So has there been an instance where one villager moved out one day and they recruited that same villager the next day?
You can't do that. Apparently you have to cycle through at least 16 villagers (possibly a few more) before you can get the same villager back in your town. So, say Bob, moves away, you have to have 16 different animals move in and move out (doesn't have to be the same animals moving in and out) before you can get the same character back.

Though I've heard that if you know they location of "your" Bob, (the exact one that moved away), you can invite them back sooner. I've only seen this mentioned one or twice, so I don't know how accurate that is.

So the reason I'm still stuck with Rodney is because I decided to hit him with the net 3 times the first time I saw him? God, this dumb moving system is driving me up the wall, I just want that guy out of my damn town.

The problem is I've been ignoring him for so long at this point I don't want to risk resetting everything by talking to him with my alt, he could well be only a few days away from leaving.
Most people seem to think that ignoring villagers doesn't make any difference to who is moving, that it's completely random, and I tend to agree. Octavian has asked to move twice, and I talk to him tons and do everything he asks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom