• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Got my bopper collection complete. I think if you do it the normal way and ask one every week Isabelle gives you a new one each week. I can't believe that I'm THAT lucky to get four unique boppers in four tries :p

Anyways, the next two weeks I'm not at home on sundays so I'm glad I could do it this way.

Chopper

finally got the lighthouse PWP request. what a relief. just hope Isabelle won't give me a hard time on its location near the edge
She won't as long as it's a southern edge. The cliffs to the east of west can be trickier.

My suggestion was a garbage can today. Do not want. Am yet to get anything illuminated or the stone henge that I really want. A log bench would be nice too.

kubus

Almost finished my fossil collection, anyone have any of these fossils for me?

- Archaeopteryx
- Diplodocus tail
- Fern fossil
- Pteranodon right wing

Would be great if I could complete it soon so I don't have to carry around extra fossils for trading :D. I have a huge list of fossils and some Nintendo items to trade, check it out! Also have all of the EU DLC and the cherryblossom clock (JP DLC I think) for cataloging (some may have to be ordered though). PM me!

She won't as long as it's a southern edge. The cliffs to the east of west can be trickier.

The lighthouse placement can be really finicky, far worse than anything else. When I was trying to place it near a cliff Isabelle kept refusing and saying I needed 2 spaces on each side of it, but I found a specific position in the top section of my town that let me place it down 1 space away from the west edge of the cliff and 2 spaces from the south edge.

Semajer

Almost finished my fossil collection, anyone have any of these fossils for me?

- Archaeopteryx
- Diplodocus tail
- Fern fossil
- Pteranodon right wing

Would be great if I could complete it soon so I don't have to carry around extra fossils for trading :D. I have a huge list of fossils and some Nintendo items to trade, check it out! Also have all of the EU DLC and the cherryblossom clock (JP DLC I think) for cataloging (some may have to be ordered though). PM me!

I don't have any of the fossils you need, but I do have a spare Starman if you wouldn't mind trading for your Sabretooth Torso, and/or Tricera Skull.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
tumblr_mqcmf0NOOD1svkqkfo1_400.jpg

This is how close I got it to the cliff edge

(Sorry it is kind of hard to see behind the speech bubble, but it's the only image I have of it uploaded at the moment)

Got my bopper collection complete. I think if you do it the normal way and ask one every week Isabelle gives you a new one each week. I can't believe that I'm THAT lucky to get four unique boppers in four tries :p

Anyways, the next two weeks I'm not at home on sundays so I'm glad I could do it this way.

I only miss the heart bopper. :(

Oh, and some scum of gamefaqs has stolen my only red carnation at my home. :(

Not cool... :(

Looks like today is nothing special in my town. :( Only Katie to give away... :(

So if someone wants her this evening...

And Rory is still moving on the 14th, if someone wants him.

And still haven't a tenth villager moving in. How much time would it take after a wifi meet that they would set a house in your town?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How did they steal the carnation from your house?

This is why I won't deal with GFAQ, sure I'll miss out on some deals but I'd rather deal with people I can trust.

How did they steal the carnation from your house?

This is why I won't deal with GFAQ, sure I'll miss out on some deals but I'd rather deal with people I can trust.

Well, it wasn't in my house. I planted it before my house. :( Now another hideous flower is planted there, together with a rose... And that rose is wilted. :(

Linius

3zt.jpg

My lighthouse is like this.

And about GameFaqs, I never let people from there walk around in my town without me in sight. And if I feel like things are not going like they should I switch off the wifi. Did all my GameFaqs trades next to my station and so far no one tried to scam me. Even met some gentle folks who came with more bells than needed and stuff like that.

And about GameFaqs, I never let people from there walk around in my town without me in sight. And if I feel like things are not going like they should I switch off the wifi. Did all my GameFaqs trades next to my station and so far no one tried to scam me. Even met some gentle folks who came with more bells than needed and stuff like that.

Well, there was one person that walked in my town, but I don't remember him anymore. :( All the rest was pretty decent, so it has to be him. :( Oh well, it's not like I really gonna do expert gardening. Next time I get the flower, it goes IN the house when people are coming over... Lesson learned I guess...

It's the risk of dealing with people from the outside. Either way, I have two carnations that need a home, feel free to take them under your wing and breed them.

Yeah. :( Well, if you can miss them, I'd like to take the offer. When I got more of them, I'll give them back if you want.

But I'm now at work, so I can visit your town in about 5-6 hours at most...

It's actually 4am over here so that's perfect timing. :D

Cool. :D

And I saw on thonky's site you can also get Dandelions and Dandelions Puff. Are that garden shop flowers? Or is are they random flowers?

I know the Jacob's ladder is for Perfect Town status. Does that flower even get another color variant or is it only available in white?

Koren

The lighthouse placement can be really finicky, far worse than anything else. When I was trying to place it near a cliff Isabelle kept refusing and saying I needed 2 spaces on each side of it
Really ? She was nice with me, it's as close to the eastern cliff I wanted...

I should post a picture, too, but I still haven't look which uploading service you were using.

Koren

And I saw on thonky's site you can also get Dandelions and Dandelions Puff. Are that garden shop flowers? Or is are they random flowers?
They're random ones. You've probably encounter some of them, actually, they're the white/yellow round ones (I think you can blow them away, btw)

I know the Jacob's ladder is for Perfect Town status. Does that flower even get another color variant or is it only available in white?
Only white, I think. It won't breed either, as far as I know (and won't help other flowers to breed either).

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna need more pitfall seeds to deal with the vile creature known as Muffy.

They're random ones. You've probably encounter some of them, actually, they're the white/yellow round ones (I think you can blow them away, btw)

Only white, I think. It won't breed either, as far as I know (and won't help other flowers to breed either).

Ow, now that you mention it, I saw some of those in my town. :D Didn't know those were dandelions. Thanks. :)

Good to know about that Jacob's Ladder, too.

Semajer

Does anyone have a Sabretooth Torso, and/or Tricera Skull? These are the last two fossils I need.

I have the following to trade:

? Block 1
Fi Mask 1
Goal Pole 1
Hero's Cap 3
Peach's Parasol 2
Super Mushroom 2
Super Star 1
Varia Suit 1

T. Rex Torso 1
Pleasio Neck 1
Styraco Skull 1
Megacero Torso 1
Diplo Hip 1
Pachysaurus Torso 1
Iguanodon Torso 1

I also have a spare Famous Painting (which I think is real) to trade for any of these:

Amazing Painting
Basic Painting
Calm Painting
Common Painting
Dynamic Painting
Fine Painting
Flowery Painting
Graceful Painting
Moody Painting
Moving Painting
Neutral Painting
Nice Painting
Perfect Painting
Quaint Painting
Scary Painting
Scenic Painting
Serene Painting
Solemn Painting
Strange Painting
Warm Painting
Wild Painting
Wistful Painting

UberTag

Anyone have any of these reorderable region-exclusive items on-hand to catalog?

Aquarius Urn
Aries Rocking Chair
Autumn-Leaf Chair
Blue Argyle Tank
Cancer Table
Capricorn Ornament
Clerk's Shirt
Emperor's Cap
Fedora Chair
Flamenco Hat
Full-Moon Vanity
Gemini Closet
Girl's Day Updo
Hagoita
Hinaningyo
Kadomatsu
Kimbap Plate
Leo Sculpture
Libra Scale
Pisces Lamp
Red-Horned Hat
Rice-Plant Bed
Sagittarius Arrow
School Cap
Scorpio Lamp
Tam-O'-Shanter
Taurus Bathtub
Tteok Plate
Virgo Harp
White School Cap

Also, if any of these are NOT reorderable, I'd appreciate knowing that as well so I can move them over to my unique item shopping list. Thanks!

Philia

Today's a good day for flowers lol. Red and a pink carnation, purple tulip, black cosmos, pink rose and a pink tulip. Got gold ore in my spare rock and my fortune is tank dress, easy. :)

I also have Saharah in my town. She dropped Autumn Flooring which I definitely LOVE and will keep. She also dropped garden wall which is total meh. I'll keep these two out for cataloging purposes.

Anyone have any of these reorderable region-exclusive items on-hand to catalog?

Whoa, are those all DLC? Would like to catalogue that stuff too if you got your hands on those. :D

Today's a good day for flowers lol. Red and a pink carnation, purple tulip, black cosmos, pink rose and a pink tulip. Got gold ore in my spare rock and my fortune is tank dress, easy. :)

I also have Saharah in my town. She dropped Autumn Flooring which I definitely LOVE and will keep. She also dropped garden wall which is total meh. I'll keep these two out for cataloging purposes.

Last of Us, Last of Us. :) j/k. :) Interested in the catalogue though, would be home in about 4-5 hours, I think.

Might have forgotten to quit my game last night so I could reset this morning. :/

Ah, there were too many trees there anyway.

Well, you can always sell Julain for more then what those perfect fruit trees would produce. :).

Koomaster

My lighthouse is like this.
Lighthouse pics?...

tumblr_mrf3iqKefT1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Got mine right up to the edge. This was pretty much the only reasonable spot in town where it could go so it turned out great.

tumblr_mrf3k60AZB1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Also today's celebration of the VITAL Stonehenge project which is also near a cliff edge.
Glad the citizens trust me enough to celebrate when I spend 700k on a bunch of rocks. :p

Philia

Just a heads up. Lawn Mower which I got from a cedar, its a furniture item that is NOT ORDERABLE.

I don't know what the fuck this is or why. But yeah... I have it and thanks to my husband's sheet with a RED MARK saying NO in Orderable, I knew to keep this item on hand for anyone who wants to catalog this or buy it from me. I know there's people doing a backyard theme too.

Just a heads up. Lawn Mower which I got from a cedar, its a furniture item that is NOT ORDERABLE.

I don't know what the fuck this is or why. But yeah... I have it and thanks to my husband's sheet with a RED MARK saying NO in Orderable, I knew to keep this item on hand for anyone who wants to catalog this or buy it from me. I know there's people doing a backyard theme too.

What? I got that one before with a tree too, though everything trees throw out was orderable... I sold it. :( Damn...

ramyeon

I'm finding myself hating fishing more and more. It's 10:30, I've been fishing for an hour and still can't get a Koi for Caroline. This close to just leaving it, rare should not mean fish for an hour and still not have one.

Philia

What? I got that one before with a tree too, though everything trees throw out was orderable... I sold it. :( Damn...

I know. I was surprised and I asked my husband to double check by checking his catalog machine at his shop and confirmed it back to me. Again... wtf mode, I've sold a lot of crap from trees too. But thanks to my catalog sheet, I can take care not to sell anything since.

I'm finding myself hating fishing more and more. It's 10:30, I've been fishing for an hour and still can't get a Koi for Caroline. This close to just leaving it, rare should not mean fish for an hour and still not have one.

You should keep the rare fish you catch in a locker space to avoid that kind of trouble... That's what I'm doing...

I know. I was surprised and I asked my husband to double check by checking his catalog machine at his shop and confirmed it back to me. Again... wtf mode, I've sold a lot of crap from trees too. But thanks to my catalog sheet, I can take care not to sell anything since.

Well, I gonna check my catalogue this evening and look if there are other things I got with the trees that maybe aren't orderable. We maybe can compile a list of this... Arrgh, Nintendo... :(

Philia

Well, I gonna check my catalogue this evening and look if there are other things I got with the trees that maybe aren't orderable. We maybe can compile a list of this... Arrgh, Nintendo... :(

He've used MoriDB.com to make the sheet from. So far its pretty damn accurate, he'd include notes to why its not orderable. When I saw the Lawn Mower bit and it doesn't have a note, I wondered if it was a mistake like another item I've seen. NOPE. Now I'm curious lol if this is a tree exclusive item or something.

Oooh, another item mystery!

Liquefy said:
Nobody knows why the Lawn Mower is not orderable, but be aware that the Sprinkler is also not orderable.

ramyeon

Can anyone confirm whether the Koi is indeed a 4pm-9am fish? This is crazy, I've caught 2 arapaima, 3 arowana and 3 turtles but have yet to see a single Koi.

Koomaster

Yeah I noticed this when Reggie's house was sent over Wifi. I wanted that lawn mower in his basement (or wherever it was) but it wasn't orderable.

When my Nooklings finally got one in I bought it and checked my catalog and saw I indeed could not order another one. It is to me VERY strange as the lawn mower is a fairly regular item. So I wonder why the restriction. Same with the sprinkler, I didn't know about that one. It's just very odd.

The sprinkler in that set is also not orderable.

Can anyone confirm whether the Koi is indeed a 4pm-9am fish? This is crazy, I've caught 2 arapaima, 3 arowana and 3 turtles but have yet to see a single Koi.

It is, I caught a lot of koi in that timezone. :) It's a rare fish after all...

Yeah I noticed this when Reggie's house was sent over Wifi. I wanted that lawn mower in his basement (or wherever it was) but it wasn't orderable.

When my Nooklings finally got one in I bought it and checked my catalog and saw I indeed could not order another one. It is to me VERY strange as the lawn mower is a fairly regular item. So I wonder why the restriction. Same with the sprinkler, I didn't know about that one. It's just very odd.

Okay, if we can get it from Nook's or a tree, it's not that missable, I guess. :) But it is strange indeed. Wonder if there are other items like those that aren't orderable, but still buyable of gettable of a tree...

ramyeon

FINALLY got a Koi. Ended up with Doubles/triples of every other rare fish along the way.

And Caroline gives me... a cabin wall clock. Yeah, I'm resetting.

UberTag

Whoa, are those all DLC? Would like to catalogue that stuff too if you got your hands on those. :D
Not so much DLC as just exclusive to the region the game is sold in. Plenty of non-DLC items that won't be available any other way except by trading. Ditto for unique items (which I have in another list).

I scored the Beans from Bean Day for one of my pumpkin pies yesterday; that's a Japan-exclusive holiday event. They also have Tanabata, Boys/Girls Day, every region as their own unique New Years items, etc.

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Weeding_Day
http://nookipedia.com/wiki/Weeding_Day

Basically an event like the bug off where you pull weeds for prizes or unlock special PWPs for not having any weeds.
And the only way to get those exclusive Weeding Prizes OUTSIDE of Weeding Day is to let weeds infest your town and play a weeding mini-game during the rest of the year.

I'm stockpiling weeds as we speak.

Chopper

Wtf at Weeding Day and random non-orderable garden stuff. Presumably it's impossible to get every item of furniture on weeding day...

And are there any more randomly unorderable garden items?!

Katrina's at my place. Come by and get your fortune told!

I'm not asking, I'm telling.

Edit: to sweeten the deal I've got some Nintendo items free if you need 'em.

MicH

Damn, I sold the sprinkler to a neighbour who since moved out. Very weird about them not being orderable. Not that I want them anyway

ANYWAY

Got my PWP suggestion: Hammock. Very nice, placed it right under my waterfall and it's gonna look amazing. I only need the tire toy fro m the lazy villagers now

GRACIE IS HERE _AGAIN_ Fourth and final time. Theme was flashy so this was easy (used my Kappa outfit). Got a Giraffe shirt.

Guess I'm getting the Emporium soon :eek:

I really need to clean up my flower b eds. I want to get rid of EVERY non-hybrid flower.Too much work though :/ Will get it done someday. I have too little space for breeding my hybrids. Currently get a lot of red* roses, still no blues though. Keep getting black, orange and purple roses from that bed.
Also carnations. Many reds and pinks. If anyone needs any, let me know.

UberTag

Wtf at Weeding Day and random non-orderable garden stuff. Presumably it's impossible to get every item of furniture on weeding day...

And are there any more randomly unorderable garden items?!
You don't want to get ANY furniture on Weeding Day as that will prevent you from unlocking those PWPs.

You want to get all of the weeding furniture by letting weeds grow the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom