• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Urg, I'm trying to set up a counter in my house, but there seems to always be a gap between 2 tables/counters. Are there any items that are not so?

Anyone feel like letting me round around their town and collect signatures for a "Late Night Snacks for All!" petition? FC is in profile and petition does not contain actual snacks.

ramyeon

Just realised I have never had a Snooty villager before :( if any of the people time travelling for villagers on second carts run into any Snooty villagers they don't want please let me know! Specifically Yuka (I'm tempted to say Ankha but I know my chances of getting her are pretty slim haha).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Anyone with a decent music collection interested in having a good old fashion cataloging swap?

I've got around 50 tracks and will type up a list when I get home in an hour if anyones keen?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's kind of annoying that one can't reorder certain items. Makes needing two or more of them a pain.

Linius

Anyone with a decent music collection interested in having a good old fashion cataloging swap?

I've got around 50 tracks and will type up a list when I get home in an hour if anyones keen?

I have it all in my plaza and Veras still has to come too. But due to my limited time that hasn't happened yet. Today I'll be working too, but tomorrow I'm off work and ready to receive visitors for catting the records.

EDIT

In two resets Apple moves in at exact the same spot. How? :(

Koren

I have it all in my plaza and Veras still has to come too. But due to my limited time that hasn't happened yet. Today I'll be working too, but tomorrow I'm off work and ready to receive visitors for catting the records.
I'm also interested if it's possible. If I can do anything in exchage...

In two resets Apple moves in at exact the same spot. How? :(
I'd like to know how the algorithm works. It doesn't seem to be a random search, but I'm not convinced either that it's limited to a couple of dozen possible places. But it may be limited to a pool as long as the pool is not empty, and if the pool has only one or two spots, it may difficult to move her in a good spot.

Linius

So far the same three spots over and over (+-12 tries). Think I can give up on getting her at Charlise her old spot. One of the three spots is quite alright but I would have liked her a bit more backwards. She moves in quite close behind my alt's house now. But it seems like a nice spot right next to the cliff. Too bad I'm losing a couple of perfect pear trees now :p

And sure you can Koren!

Things I'm looking for
- Storefront
- Wagon Wheel
- Western Fence
- World Map
- One Lamp
- Two Lamp

If you feel like giving me something back, these are the things I'm looking for most at the moment.

Linius

Redd is trolling me hard. He brought three statues and one painting. Guess which one is legit? Luckily it's De Nachtwacht, one of the most awesome Dutch paintings.

So far the same three spots over and over (+-12 tries). Think I can give up on getting her at Charlise her old spot. One of the three spots is quite alright but I would have liked her a bit more backwards. She moves in quite close behind my alt's house now. But it seems like a nice spot right next to the cliff. Too bad I'm losing a couple of perfect pear trees now :p

And sure you can Koren!

Things I'm looking for
- Storefront
- Wagon Wheel
- Western Fence
- World Map
- One Lamp
- Two Lamp

If you feel like giving me something back, these are the things I'm looking for most at the moment.
I might have the wagon wheel cataloged. If so i'll order it for you.

Tash

I haven't seen a single tarantula..caught four scorpions so far though since those guys really like to hang out in front of my house.

My little inner dork is so happy!!!! :D

e3shnsa.jpg

Watering has been a real freaking pain..didn't have the silver watering can either so thank god for that!

nYa1PlV.jpg

I also started replanting all my bushes again since I lost so many due to wrong placement. Going well so far :)
3ioA95K.jpg

Decided that I really hated the modern floor and wall pattern. Stone looks always good! Sahara also graced me with some cool looking sand garden floor.
0pPaCeX.jpg

Koren

Spent part of the night looking for the tarantula with no luck.
After 1 month of doing this, one advice: check your lucky item (if you got a phone from the fireworks festival, it's easy) and use it.

You can look for hours without success (I've done this countless times). If you luck is high enough, you'll see several each hour. If after half an hour you still haven't seen one, don't bother anymore.

Koren

:/

So far the same three spots over and over (+-12 tries). Think I can give up on getting her at Charlise her old spot.
Interesting...

And sure you can Koren!

Things I'm looking for [...]
Pretty sure I have the storefront orderable. I'll order it for tomorrow (and check for the others)

After 1 month of doing this, one advice: check your lucky item (if you got a phone from the fireworks festival, it's easy) and use it.

You can look for hours without success (I've done this countless times). If you luck is high enough, you'll see several each hour. If after half an hour you still haven't seen one, don't bother anymore.
Hmm what are these lucky items you speak of? I got a lovely telephone from the fireworks deal, but i don't think that's what you're talking about.

Despera

Banned
Extra fossils I have:

ammonite x2
ankylo skull x4
ankylo tail
apato skull
apato tail
archelon skull
dimetrodon skull x2
dimetrodon tail
dinosaur egg
diplo neck
diplo tail x2
fern fossil x2
ichthyo skull
ichthyo torso x3
mammoth skull x2
mammoth torso
megacero tail
megacero torso x3
pachy skull x2
pachy tail
pachy torso x2
peking man
plesio neck
plesio skull x3
plesio torso x4
ptera left wing x2
ptera right wing x2
ptera skull
raptor skull
shark tooth
spino tail x2
stego tail x2
stego torso x2
styraco skull
styraco tail
styraco torso
tricera skull x2
tricera torso

Anyone need any of these, shoot me a PM.

Linius

I might have the wagon wheel cataloged. If so i'll order it for you.

Thanks!

I haven't seen a single tarantula..caught four scorpions so far though since those guys really like to hang out in front of my house.

My little inner dork is so happy!!!! :D

nYa1PlV.jpg

I also started replanting all my bushes again since I lost so many due to wrong placement. Going well so far :)
3ioA95K.jpg

Looks great this :D

:/

Interesting...

Pretty sure I have the storefront orderable. I'll order it for tomorrow (and check for the others)

That would be nice :D

Hmm what are these lucky items you speak of? I got a lovely telephone from the fireworks deal, but i don't think that's what you're talking about.

Yeah, use the Lovely Phone to get your lucky item ;)

Tash

And sure you can Koren!

Things I'm looking for
- Storefront
- Wagon Wheel
- Western Fence
- World Map
- One Lamp
- Two Lamp

I got a world map but it's customized which means I cannot re-order it :/

Jintor

I stupidly fucked up my town by putting the reset centre in the wrong place and letting a shitty rock be in front of town hall

Semajer

Aw yiss. Colton just sent me a bamboo shoot. Anyone know if there are any places they won't grow? Do they behave like other trees and bushes?

Koren

When you use the telephone, it suggest you an item: a white bandana, a classic pant, a cute dress... Wearing one is increasing your in-game luck.

Be sure to wear it when you go hunting the scorpion. Most of the time, if you don't wear it, you won't see a single scorpion (I think it's still possible, but the probability is so low that it's awfully difficult). With a high luck, you'll probably find more than one each hour.

Beware, though. The lucky item doesn't change at 6am like everything in the game, but at something like 23pm (which is strange). Be sure to check if the item is still correct you're doing a long hunt during the night.

Koren

Aw yiss. Colton just sent me a bamboo shoot. Anyone know if there are any places they won't grow? Do they behave like other trees and bushes?
They behave exactly like trees, as far as I know (and tested). Same limits (for it to grow, you need nothing at a distance of 1, 7 trees/bamboos or less at a distance of 3, something like 15 trees/bamboos/bushes or less at a distance of 3)

You won't harvest it, though. Each 3 days, a bamboo shot appears in the ground as a hole. If you don't dig it, a new bamboo can grow. So it can expand by itself, be cautious if it's a problem.

Yeah, use the Lovely Phone to get your lucky item ;)
When you use the telephone, it suggest you an item: a white bandana, a classic pant, a cute dress... Wearing one is increasing your in-game luck.

Be sure to wear it when you go hunting the scorpion. Most of the time, if you don't wear it, you won't see a single scorpion (I think it's still possible, but the probability is so low that it's awfully difficult). With a high luck, you'll probably find more than one each hour.

Beware, though. The lucky item doesn't change at 6am like everything in the game, but at something like 23pm (which is strange). Be sure to check if the item is still correct you're doing a long hunt during the night.
very cool. i'm gonna save it for later tonight. Thanks!

Linius, at least, and as far as I know, he didn't. But I may have missed the post where he said he found one.
Ive been island hopping looking for a cabana radio and havent found one yet. but there is a bottled ship at one i'm at now. Ill get it if he still needs it.

EDIT:
Got it yesterday :D
Okay np!

Semajer

They behave exactly like trees, as far as I know (and tested). Same limits (for it to grow, you need nothing at a distance of 1, 7 trees/bamboos or less at a distance of 3, something like 15 trees/bamboos/bushes or less at a distance of 3)

You won't harvest it, though. Each 3 days, a bamboo shot appears in the ground as a hole. If you don't dig it, a new bamboo can grow. So it can expand by itself, be cautious if it's a problem.

Good to know, thanks.

Koren

Ive been island hopping looking for a cabana radio and havent found one yet. but there is a bottled ship at one i'm at now. Ill get it if he still needs it.
I'd say, if you have the medals, take one or two. You can most probably use it as an exchange item.

IF I had a cabana radio, I'd be interested in a swap... Unfortunately, I still haven't found one myself.

I got a world map but it's customized which means I cannot re-order it :/

You can't reorder it anyway, because it's a Katie item...

And I want a world map too, I have extra Katie pic to trade for...

Just started my game, some more badges, but for the rest nothing significant, not even visitors, only a lazy camper today, named Pudge:

95px-Pudge_NewLeaf_Official.png

I saw something to exploit lazy campers. It's a lazy camper so...

Think I will play less today and put a new short game in like NSMB2 or DKCR3D.

Dunno, will see. :)

Tash

Dream Town suggestion:
3000-0845-9227 glitched town with underwater stuff - kinda cool :)

And for everyone who is bored my own is:
6200-2301-2721

And ah, didn't know about the world map. I got it as a gift from someone who visited. Don't remember who though :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
World map was one of the few Katie items I wanted so I'm glad I got it.

Still sad I didn't get a gift from her last time. ;__;

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well crap. I should have stayed longer. I spent most of my bells on a treasure chest earlier, so I didn't stick around to make more bells after seeing Linius didn't need one anymore. I'm sorry.
No worries. I only just started properly working on the room I want it for today which is why I haven't said much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Apart from tables, sleek sideboard, display stands, the Mario blocks and fireplace what other furniture pieces can you place items on?

EDIT: place not play ha ha!

Apart from tables, sleek sideboard, display stands, the Mario blocks and fireplace what other furniture pieces can you play items on?

On the tabletop game. Yeah, really...

And well, I talked to the lazy camper and played my first minigames and... guess I keep playing for a while. Got some new furniture and he pays good for my bugs...

Wolfe

Yeah I'm looking for ship in bottle too if anyone else finds one, I'll even let you hang out with Charlise and Rodney :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom