• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Thank you!

I've had her appear every week since I got TIY so I've been pretty damn lucky in that regard. I should have Emporium on Thursday!

Also Charlise just moved into my second town :/ barf
Charlise is awesome. Don't you badmouth her!

Also, is that 30-day requirement for the Emporium upgrade a lie?
(In other words, 4 passed Gracie Checks is all you need to upgrade?)

Gracie is in town for Check #2 for me today... a mere 4 days after the first one.

Stat!

I should get TIY today but with Diva moving out yesterday, Im at 8 villagers.

I'm going to reset for villagers so I don't have another Willow/Curlos/Diva/Elmer/Angus/Chops/Cobb incident.

But just to make sure, I start new character, go to camp site, if terrible villager, I can delete my new character (how?).

If its a villager I like, I then save. Load up my real profile, ask the person to move in, save, and then delete the new character?

But just to make sure, I start new character, go to camp site, if terrible villager, I can delete my new character (how?).

If its a villager I like, I then save. Load up my real profile, ask the person to move in, save, and then delete the new character?

You reset by quitting AC without saving. If you find someone you like, just save the alt and log in as your mayor. Then delete the alt.

Chopper

Boom. Dual Triforce.

Riaiuir.jpg

This is actually a nice spot on my map saved for a 2 space wide PWP, but it seems like such a shame to mess with it. I'd love a bench maybe in the middle of the roses, but the stumps are gonna be too close, aren't they.

Stat!

You reset by quitting AC without saving. If you find someone you like, just save the alt and log in as your mayor. Then delete the alt.

Thanks bluepolicebox - but using this method, by deleting my alt, I can still have only one character in my town, right? (I Don't want two character houses)

Thanks bluepolicebox - but using this method, by deleting my alt, I can still have only one character in my town, right? (I Don't want two character houses)

If you find someone in your campsite that you like, you have to save the alt and put down a house. There's no other way to do it. Then you can delete the house later.

I have been freed. Freed from the tyranny of the breakable axe.

Now I have a spare brand new silver axe, as well as a partially used one. What should I do with them?

Stat!

If you find someone in your campsite that you like, you have to save the alt and put down a house. There's no other way to do it. Then you can delete the house later.

Ahh - Thank you. Just wanted to make sure I *can* delete the alt in the future and its not there permanently.

Frogstep

When you grab a moving villager from another town their plot shows up the next day, right? Not seeing Henry's plot today. D:

Edit: nvm, found it in a really horrible hidden area. Nope! you're moving where I decide!

veras

So like, I have 9 villagers right now and Ankha is at my camp site, but when I ask her to move here she says she really likes her hometown and won't leave - whyyyyyyyyyyy

So like, I have 9 villagers right now and Ankha is at my camp site, but when I ask her to move here she says she really likes her hometown and won't leave - whyyyyyyyyyyy

Keep talking to her. Empty your pockets of everything including all bells. I've had campers take 30 minutes to agree.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I still need the pumpkin pie :(

Redd is in town - only one legit painting that I already have. I'm down to two paintings: Moody and Wistful. I have a few for trade if snyone has these!

Also I just gave Snake a snake plant. Perfect!

OH AND TIY IS REMODELING TOMORROW! WOOOOOOH

Since Best Buy was a bust, when I go out tonight I'll stop by the mcdonalds and see if I can get it there!

Do I have to play her games or can I pass on them?

If you empty your pockets of everything including all bells, like I said, she shouldn't ask you to play games because you don't have anything to gamble. Just keep talking to her. They eventually cave if you have a vacancy.

veras

If you empty your pockets of everything including all bells, like I said, she shouldn't ask you to play games because you don't have anything to gamble. Just keep talking to her. They eventually cave if you have a vacancy.

Ahh, gotcha - thanks

Yay, not only is Ankha moving in but when I walked out of the tent, Zell ran up to me and suggested a Pyramid PWP... kismet!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So today I finally got my first mannequin. Yep, I was rather behind in that department because quite frankly I saw no need to buy tops for so long. Odd that to add your own custom designs to one you have to swap outfits.

Also got Shrunk's final emot
(his shuffle)
today. Also mean I have
his standup jacket

So quite good day. Shame I'm still blue roseless...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
So today I finally got my first mannequin. Yep, I was rather behind in that department because quite frankly I saw no need to buy tops for so long. Odd that to add your own custom designs to one you have to swap outfits.

Also got Shrunk's final emot
(his shuffle)
today. Also mean I have
his standup jacket

So quite good day. Shame I'm still blue roseless...

You don't have to swap outfits. When she asks if you want to take the existing one home you say "I don't need it!"

Also did you talk to Mable for 10 days to get her mannequin? Then you can read QR codes too.

Mekere

Too bad there are only 4 mannequins available. Most of mine are used for the museum and would need even more. That's the only thing I may accept as a dupe :x

Too bad there are only 4 mannequins available. Most of mine are used for the museum and would need even more. That's the only thing I may accept as a dupe :x

I don't think they can be dropped outside rendering them undupable. Unless there's another way around that. I'm not really up on duping.

Neodyn

TIY opened on July 26th and I'm in the double digits for Pete visits and not a single Gracie visit. If I'm gonna have Pete as my visitor most days couldn't he at least deliver extra mail in the morning and evening. Gonna push him into the ocean tonight and see if he turns into Gulliver.

Mekere

I don't think they can be dropped outside rendering them undupable. Unless there's another way around that. I'm not really up on duping.

Yeah, I kinda figured out they can't be duped. Too bad, that's a really useful tool.

TIY opened on July 26th and I'm in the double digits for Pete visits and not a single Gracie visit. If I'm gonna have Pete as my visitor most days couldn't he at least deliver extra mail in the morning and evening. Gonna push him into the ocean tonight and see if he turns into Gulliver.

I often have Pete and Gulliver the same day. Like 80% of the time.

Crazy thoughts... If I create Alt characters and have them get some mannequin, can the main character use them? (if they are in the museum for example) and if you delete the alt, do the mannequin disappears?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You don't have to swap outfits. When she asks if you want to take the existing one home you say "I don't need it!"

Also did you talk to Mable for 10 days to get her mannequin? Then you can read QR codes too.
I'm referring to the mannequin you put in your home. When you select to dress it it only brings up your inventory with no way to select custom designs.

Chopper

Crazy thoughts... If I create Alt characters and have them get some mannequin, can the main character use them? (if they are in the museum for example) and if you delete the alt, do the mannequin disappears?
Ooh. Good questions.

Also, I'm shitting myself about when Gracie visits. I'm completely unprepared.

And is it just me, or are pillbugs particularly elusive...?

Koomaster

I'm sure most everyone already knows this; but I just discovered it quite by accident. If you have a mannequin that is fully decked out in clothes, you can press Y to put it in your inventory. All the clothes and things the mannequin was wearing goes with the mannequin and they only take up 1 space in your inventory. Then you can place the mannequin back out fully clothed. So makes it easy to move it around the house (or store it in your dressers to save space on clothes).

So this means you can have the mannequin, hat, accessory, shirt, pants, socks and shoes all of them only take up 1 inventory slot. I found that really useful and cool.

Previous to this I sort of thought I would have to undress the mannequin and redress it if I wanted to move it around the house.

Neodyn

I often have Pete and Gulliver the same day. Like 80% of the time.

I meant days where Pete was my one and only visitor. Tested with my alt just now and only the person running an exhibit can alter items within it, including mannequins.

UberTag

Mannequins are only usable by the character that unlocks them.
Main won't be able to touch them. So stockpiling them is not an option I'm afraid.

veras

Things I'm looking for
- Storefront
- Wagon Wheel
- Western Fence
- World Map
- One Lamp
- Two Lamp

If you feel like giving me something back, these are the things I'm looking for most at the moment.

Only ones I have are Storefront and Two Lamp, I ordered both just now

I have a golden woman to trade. Would take a golden chair for sure.

If anyone is overloaded with orange pansies and hates them, I would put them to good use.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Just home. Still availabe? :)

Gooster beat you to it :p

So one of my Japanese friends was on for the first time in awhile, and I was chatting with her. Asked if she needed a few items (double-neck guitar, cat tower, white police hat, shaved ice lamp) and she said she did, so I tossed those along with the fireworks table and one of my extra Lionel pics.

This is what she gave me in return:

7 blue roses
a royal crown
steamed-bun case (7-11)
The following items from the card set: tower, screen, bed, sofa, chair, lamp, dresser, wall clock
and a sloppy sofa

:/ I feel like my gifts were pretty shitty in comparison :( lol

Amelia is moving out on the 17th. She's a lovely snooty Eagle. Its thanks to her that I've warmed up to Eagles as a good bird villager. :)

I'd take her if I had the space :( fml

OMG I'm stupid. :(

Told you yesterday my carnation was stolen, right and a red rose was placed in it place that was wilted?

Well, guess those too look really alike, because the carnation is still there, it wasn't stolen... Thanks for Samsom pointing it out...

Gooster beat you to it :p

So one of my Japanese friends was on for the first time in awhile, and I was chatting with her. Asked if she needed a few items (double-neck guitar, cat tower, white police hat, shaved ice lamp) and she said she did, so I tossed those along with the fireworks table and one of my extra Lionel pics.

This is what she gave me in return:

7 blue roses
a royal crown
steamed-bun case (7-11)
The following items from the card set: tower, screen, bed, sofa, chair, lamp, dresser, wall clock
and a sloppy sofa

:/ I feel like my gifts were pretty shitty in comparison :( lol

Nice :D I got a sailboat model and picnic basket from GF. :D Both aren't orderable, so I have to keep them safe...

Animekatt

Amelia is moving out on the 17th. She's a lovely snooty Eagle. Its thanks to her that I've warmed up to Eagles as a good bird villager. :)

Aww, I wouldn't mind her, but Octavian is moving out the same day. I'm not sure if I could convince another in until he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom