• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

Whoa, never even heard of the Celebration Hat or any other items obtained from Katrina. I guess the lovely phone doesn't defeat Katrina's purpose completely.
These exclusive hats only come into play when Katrina's moved in on Main Street.
Her other hat is a Tingle Hood.

Both hats are reorderable so I'll let GAF catalog them. Working on getting the other hat soon.

Velcro Fly

Gracie's Fashion Check is such bullshit. Of course this dumb NPC picks modern when I have the clothes for just about every other style. Do I really have to be at the mercy of this shit for anything important?

UberTag

Gracie's Fashion Check is such bullshit. Of course this dumb NPC picks modern when I have the clothes for just about every other style. Do I really have to be at the mercy of this shit for anything important?
Easy solution for you.
Create an alternate character.
Have them visit Gracie.
Get a fashion check theme that isn't Modern.
Give them the clothes.
Pass the fashion check.
Nuke your alternate character.
Problem solved.

Koomaster

Depending on your schedule, as long as you can turn on the game sometime during the day and order your clothes before 5pm (and aren't expecting a bunch of other mail) then it's not hard to pass her fashion check.

Just whenever you have time, check to see if she is there, what her theme is and order some clothes from the Nooklings.

You do have to pass her fashion check 4 times for them to upgrade their store.

Finally scored my first villager pic today after collecting signatures in Westeros for Carmen's 'Say NO to Noogies' petition.
3AQmK.gif

HNI_0068_zps86a6553a.jpg
HNI_0069_zps192d4cb3.jpg
HNI_0070_zpsbc26d8e8.jpg

nice Carmen's the only one I've gotten a pic from myself. She mailed it to me though, so I didn't get to see this conversation.

ramyeon

August must be terrible for bugs. I've been looking around town for 1 hour for a butterfly. Yes, ANY kind of butterfly. And cannot find a single one. My luck with errands for villagers is terrible these past few days :(

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
August must be terrible for bugs. I've been looking around town for 1 hour for a butterfly. Yes, ANY kind of butterfly. And cannot find a single one. My luck with errands for villagers is terrible these past few days :(

lol man, it took me forever earlier to find a Raja Brooke. What I ended up doing was just hanging out by the river and saving and continuing over and over and eventually one popped up :p

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Go to island?

ramyeon

lol man, it took me forever earlier to find a Raja Brooke. What I ended up doing was just hanging out by the river and saving and continuing over and over and eventually one popped up :p
I'd settle for even the most common of butterflies haha, just don't want to not deliver to Dotty and lower the friendship level. Ahhh this game haha.
Go to island?
I cut down everything and got rid of flowers on the island long ago for beetle catching.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'd settle for even the most common of butterflies haha, just don't want to not deliver to Dotty and lower the friendship level. Ahhh this game haha.

I cut down everything and got rid of flowers on the island long ago for beetle catching.

International?

ramyeon

Also guys I've got Gruff packed up in boxes if anyone wants him today. He's a cranky type and he was pretty great to me. Suggested tonnes of PWPs, sold paintings and was the first villager to hand over his pic.

ramyeon

Does anyone know if there are only certain hats that keep you from tanning? And if so which ones? My character is getting more and more tanned every day despite having headgear on so it kind of seems that way.

SmithnCo

I have to wear a cucumber pack to prevent tanning because I don't really like any of the non-tanning hats... I'll be glad when the tanning season is over.

Elija2

Yeah, but I think you can always tan at the island.

So you're forced to spend hours at the island each day to keep a tan? And if you only want a slight tan, you're screwed even more. You'd have to keep managing how much time to spend on the island and what accessories to wear. That's no fun. They should put a tanning booth in Shampoodle in the next game. Not sure if they'd want to promote that kind of unhealthy lifestyle, but you already got lazy villagers talking about bathing in syrup and jocks talking about stocking up on energy drinks so...

Will villagers not sit on the yellow bench you get at the start of the game with you or at all? I've had my villagers circle around it staring at me for a minute or two but never sit on it with me.

Elija2

Will villagers not sit on the yellow bench you get at the start of the game with you or at all? I've had my villagers circle around it staring at me for a minute or two but never sit on it with me.

Villagers sitting down is a rare occurrence in this game. They'll never start to sit down while in your sight. Rather, once in a while you'll run by and just find a villager randomly sitting on a bench or tree stump. If you leave the screen or go inside a building, next time you come back they'll no longer be there.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

My experience with 2 fashion checks is that if you can get 2 pieces and no conflicting themes, you can squeak by a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom