• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmithnCo

So you're forced to spend hours at the island each day to keep a tan? And if you only want a slight tan, you're screwed even more. You'd have to keep managing how much time to spend on the island and what accessories to wear. That's no fun. They should put a tanning booth in Shampoodle in the next game. Not sure if they'd want to promote that kind of unhealthy lifestyle, but you already got lazy villagers talking about bathing in syrup and jocks talking about stocking up on energy drinks so...

Yeah, there definitely needs to be something to control your tan. Maybe you should start as mildly tan, then use sunscreen to get lighter and something else to get more tan. They could just call it "skin cream" or something. I don't like that you have to wear certain clothes to prevent tanning or spend hours outside to get a tan, seems like there's room for improvement there for sure.

Linius

I have to wear a cucumber pack to prevent tanning because I don't really like any of the non-tanning hats... I'll be glad when the tanning season is over.

So that's what those cucumbers were about :p

Finally scored my first villager pic today after collecting signatures in Westeros for Carmen's 'Say NO to Noogies' petition.
3AQmK.gif

HNI_0068_zps86a6553a.jpg
HNI_0069_zps192d4cb3.jpg
HNI_0070_zpsbc26d8e8.jpg

Gratz!

Now that I'm done with the HHA challenges I can decorate my house how I want to. So today I spent all day at Re-Tail getting furniture customized for my back room. And I do mean all day, I started at 6am this morning to customize 21 pieces of furniture. Here's how it turned out...

tumblr_mrhso6TtW11swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mrhsp8bRKJ1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mrhsqnunmq1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mrhsruplfo1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mrhssyo6RE1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Details...
I mixed alpine and classic furniture since they both have wood finishes that match each other when customized. The only pieces I didn't use were the classic bed and classic couch. I also added an extra alpine sofa and classic chair. All the alpine furniture is customized with fern shirts for the cloth parts. I used the classic floor and alpine wall; again joining the two series together. My basic idea was to have a rich dark wood finish with green as a secondary color and blue and white as my accent colors.

This looks very good man :D

Finally! Nabbed that elusive tarantula. I almost stepped on the stupid thing, but luckily I already had my net in hand and was able to keep the spider frozen in fear ;) Later, while fishing, I caught a saddled bichir. So, i think i'm going to spend the night trying to farm art pieces. Worth a try anyway. I don't have to worry about carrying my net on me anymore.

EDIT: But first!
Ice cream

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Dammit, nobody will give me any requests! All they wanna talk about is the stupid Bug Off this Saturday.

Hmm, mine usually do ASAP if at all. Maybe just bad luck :/

Off-topic, I took a little time off to finish up the last 19ish puzzles I had left in the "story mode" of Crashmo...don't know if I'll ever bother to do the extra ones :p did like two in Pushmo but didn't really care too much at that point lol

LadyRiven

Also guys I've got Gruff packed up in boxes if anyone wants him today. He's a cranky type and he was pretty great to me. Suggested tonnes of PWPs, sold paintings and was the first villager to hand over his pic.

Gruff is a cranky type? Seriously?! He is totally my BFF in my town. I wouldn't give him up for anything!

Tash

Ohhh, first time I have Gracie in town and she is asking for modern too. That is the toughest one with the least options, right?
I don't think I have more than one piece in my catalogue. Unfortunately the alt suggestion won't work since she has like 3 clothing pieces so far..

Maybe I am lucky with clothing at the able sisters today. Gotta wait another 1.5h until they open though.

ramyeon

Ohhh, first time I have Gracie in town and she is asking for modern too. That is the toughest one with the least options, right?
I don't think I have more than one piece in my catalogue. Unfortunately the alt suggestion won't work since she has like 3 clothing pieces so far..

Maybe I am lucky with clothing at the able sisters today. Gotta wait another 1.5h until they open though.
Why can't you just give clothes from your main character to your alt? That's probably the easiest way to do another theme if modern isn't possible.

Frogstep

Yeah he is, he's pretty cool. Unfortunately for him Kabuki, my other cranky type, is definitely superior :(

I hate being put in those kind of situations. I'm in one right now too, unfortunately. Just got Henry who is a smug to move in, but I already have Jacques in my town as well.
I'm at max villagers too so... I can only hang onto him for so long. Sucks cause he's easily one of the best bird villagers along with Lucha. :<

Niraj

I hate being put in those kind of situations. I'm in one right now too, unfortunately. Just got Henry who is a smug to move in, but I already have Jacques in my town ass well.
I'm at max villagers too so... I can only hang onto him for so long. Sucks cause he's easily one of the best bird villagers along with Lucha. :<

Damn man, you must have an awesome lineup if you can get rid of Jacques :p dude is too cool

Tash

Why can't you just give clothes from your main character to your alt? That's probably the easiest way to do another theme if modern isn't possible.

Right, could order and leave them on the floor. How long does it normally take to get the cloths in the mail?

Also, what if you pass with your alt characters and your main? Do all of them count towards the 4x goal?

edit: Hah, my alt got historical..thanks Gracie -.-

Frogstep

Damn man, you must have an awesome lineup if you can get rid of Jacques :p dude is too cool

Nah, I'm not even close to the lineup I want. I have like 3 other scapegoats so I can probably keep Jacques around for a really long time if not permanently. :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I have it all in my plaza and Veras still has to come too. But due to my limited time that hasn't happened yet. Today I'll be working too, but tomorrow I'm off work and ready to receive visitors for catting the records.

EDIT

In two resets Apple moves in at exact the same spot. How? :(

Sorry I missed this post!

here's my tracks!

agent
Blues
blues
Bubblegum
Café
café
café
café
Calypso
Casbah
Chorale
Comrade
Condor
condor
Country
Cruisn'
D&B
Dirge
Disco
Dixie
Etude
Faire
Folk
folk
Forest Life
Fusion
Groove
Imperial
Jongara
King
Love Song
Lullaby
Marathon
March
Marine song 2001
Metal
Milonga
Mr, KK
My Place
Neapolitan
Parade
Pondering
Ragtime
Reggae
Rock
Salsa
Senor
senor
Sonata
sonata
Soulful
Space
Spring Blossoms
Stale Cupcakes
Surfin'
Surfin'
Swing
swing
Synth
synth
Tango
Technopop
To the Edge
Two Days Ago
Western

let me know if theres any you want to catalog :) and i can swing by any time in the next 8 hours or so if you're up!

Niraj

here's my tracks!

let me know if theres any you want to catalog :) and i can swing by any time in the next 8 hours or so if you're up!

Are the dupes on the list intentional? Cafe and Soulful?

Nah, I'm not even close to the lineup I want. I have like 3 other scapegoats so I can probably keep Jacques around for a really long time if not permanently. :)

Good, good :)

HolyCheck

Are the dupes on the list intentional? Cafe and Soulful?

nope! lol, just sat through and typed them out from my player + wardroab

i have another 20 or so hanging up on my walls, pretty sure those are all duplicates though.

I have about 4 copies of cafe >_<

edit: updated list to include dupes :) and a few i'd missed

Niraj

nope! lol, just sat through and typed them out from my player + wardroab

i have another 20 or so hanging up on my walls, pretty sure those are all duplicates though.

I have about 4 copies of cafe >_<

edit: updated list to include dupes :) and a few i'd missed

It'd probably be more efficient to list it as "Cafe x4" or whatever :) or, ideally, just list the ones you don't have.

Take it from the original music hoarder/provider :p

HolyCheck

It'd probably be more efficient to list it as "Cafe x4" or whatever :) or, ideally, just list the ones you don't have.

Take it from the original music hoarder/provider :p

lol! i only wrote the list! work in progress!

sorting out which ones I need now :D

K.K. Disco was my first track I got. and still one of my favourites

Tash

Managed to pull off the historical theme on my alt and passed her check with 2 pieces, phew. Modern on my main is pretty much impossible. Not a single item in my catalogue or at the able sisters.

Would it count as two checks completed against the 4 you need for the TIY upgrade or is it one count per day?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I clearly missed more sapling days than I realised. Still haven't got the golden axe. I must be in my 40s by now so it should be any day now.

Managed to pull off the historical theme on my alt and passed her check with 2 pieces, phew. Modern on my main is pretty much impossible. Not a single item in my catalogue or at the able sisters.
I've been hearing modern is hard so I nabbed the T with a modern vibe today as it was on sale in preparation. I'm sure someone will be willing to give you a complete outfit.

Semajer

I've read before about people being able to acquire moving villagers by talking to them. I have Harry in my town about to move out, he's got his house in boxes now if anyone wants him.

STG

2 weeks now and I have not once seen gracie, am I missing something?

I have the Home Center unlocked so she should come, right?

2 weeks now and I have not once seen gracie, am I missing something?

I have the Home Center unlocked so she should come, right?
Seems you've probably got to spend the 70k bells needed for the upgrade before she'll show up. I've certainly not seen her and I know I've not yet spent the required bells.

Another lame day for moving villagers, Tucker this time. I'm starting to notice a pattern with villagers that I talk to and befriend are the ones who suddenly end up wanting to leave a few days later.

Linius

Linius did you still need a Western Fence? I have one if you do.

Nope, that's the last of Western things I still need :)

here's my tracks!

Huh? I was letting people coming over to catalog my songs :p

EDIT

Ah damn, Drago on my campsite but no spot for him. If Simon (already got his pic) ever decides to leave Drago would be the perfect replacement.

UberTag

If anyone is up and about with their Nooklings store open, I'd love to drop by and pick up some wrapping paper if it's possible. (Mine's closed until after I'm at work.)

Thanks in advance!

Tash

If anyone is up and about with their Nooklings store open, I'd love to drop by and pick up some wrapping paper if it's possible. (Mine's closed until after I'm at work.)

Thanks in advance!

added you and opening up.
I am at work so not really playing though :)

edit: gates open. Town is Bellvue

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Bad luck on the blue rose front, my Red+ just produced more reds. This time I'm moving the offspring away from the patch just incase.

Tash

Second time in two days I forgot that someone was about to visit my house :(

Yeah, forgot about a few of those, too. Made me feel horrible but lucky enough they did not give me that much of a hard time over it. Just one snippy comment..

Linius

Yeah, forgot about a few of those, too. Made me feel horrible but lucky enough they did not give me that much of a hard time over it. Just one snippy comment..

Yeah, same here. But I feel like it still has some effect on your friendship level :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've forgotten twice in a row and I have another one today. :/

I just ignored Bones yesterday so he couldn't tell me off when I realised I missed it.

18:30, 18:30. 18:30. 18:30…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom