• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm on holiday so I'll likely not be able to take advantage of online communications for about two weeks. :(

Since Pascal was mentioned on this page I only need three more items from him, the anchor, ship deck and telescope. (I only go scallop hunting every so often). I kind of want another pirate's armor though which is why non re-orderable items are a pain.

I closed the gate for now, but if you want to catalogue, just say it. :)

I'm on holiday so I'll likely not be able to take advantage of online communications for about two weeks. :(

Since Pascal was mentioned on this page I only need three more items from him, the anchor, ship deck and telescope. (I only go scallop hunting every so often). I kind of want another pirate's armor though which is why non re-orderable items are a pain.

Well, I can try to hunt some more scallops to get items, but it is timeconsuming, so I don't promise anything, but if I find them and get spare ones, I'll keep them aside.

veras

Anyone have any of these for trade: Wild painting, Valiant statue, Gallant statue, Robust statue, Mystic statue, Ancient statue, Motherly statue?

I have like 10-15 different legit paintings I can trade, and will give two paintings for any of the statues

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well, I can try to hunt some more scallops to get items, but it is timeconsuming, so I don't promise anything, but if I find them and get spare ones, I'll keep them aside.
That's very thoughtful of you but please don't go out of your way to get them because scallop hunting is indeed terdious (hence why I only do it so often).

Basically if someone naturally ends up with spares it would be nice to know.

Since this thread has settled down to the same regular posters maybe we should make a list of items people are interested in.

Anyone have any of these for trade: Basic painting, Wild painting, Valiant statue, Gallant statue, Robust statue, Mystic statue, Ancient statue, Motherly statue?

I have like 10-15 different legit paintings I can trade, and will give two paintings for any of the statues

Have only a proper one, but when I get one of those double, I'll post. :)

That's very thoughtful of you but please don't go out of your way to get them because scallop hunting is indeed terdious (hence why I only do it so often).

Basically if someone naturally ends up with spares it would be nice to know.

Since this thread has settled down to the same regular posters maybe we should make a list of items people are interested in.

Well, yeah, if it happens, i'll let you know. :)

It can be tomorrow. I'll try to pull myself away from FFXIV to catalog lol.

Ok,. :)

Sordid

I think I'm being trolled by my town. 3 days in a row now different villagers have asked for perfect fruit and they've all given me surveillance cameras in return :/

I blame Gaston, my town was peaceful 'till he arrived!

Chopper

Just chilling with my eggplant cow.

F06YclD.jpg

Koomaster

Just received the final piece of furniture I needed in the mail and had it customized. Now my Leonardo inspired Cabana Green room is completed...

tumblr_mrldls8oLq1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mrlds85QtR1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mrldojlU1U1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

tumblr_mrlduyZ8Cw1swqxw3o1_400.jpg
tumblr_mrldym14nu1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

This room started off as just a Cabana furniture room (with Leonardo custom furniture). But when I expanded the room it looked a little empty and I never got around to getting more cabana pieces for it. Then one day I noticed the green pantry (piece beside the tv) had a little brown wicker basket in it - boom, idea! Tried out all the green furniture wood customization and the one I was most happy with was the 'Grass Green' finish that Cyrus could make. I also used the 'dapper shirt' for any cloth parts since it used the green as well as brought in the orange/yellow tone of Leonardo. The Cabana wall worked great since it has bits of green in it as well as a green baseboard trim. Then I used the green carpet since it has the wooden floorboards which brings out the wood tones in the Cabana series.

I've also been working on another room today but it's not done yet, still waiting on one piece of furniture to come in tomorrow morning and it will be finished. :)

With how much I have been visiting Cyrus the past few days (see previous room), I am not surprised I received this today...
tumblr_mrkrvqXyp71swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Have fun Linius and Niraj, it'll sure be quiet with you two not around quite a bit this weekend... :(

Holy crap. I'm back from an errand and yes, I helped out kamikazekoala for THREE hours. :3 I'll do it again lol. :3

:D yeah, my town was really a mess. Didn't know how to start. But Philia had it under control. She knew what had to be done. Had a lot of fun too.

Didn't know that yellow flowers could do such damage to your chances of hybriding. I received your mail and read it carefully. Tomorrow I'll post the first results. :D

I watered everything like you said. Luckily, I had already the silver can, so it's less tedious then as I had to do it with the regular one.

And be sure I'll give you back those perfect peaches you gave me when the first batch arrives. :D

A really big thank you for helping me out, Philia. :)

And Koomaster, wow, that's a very nice room. Animal Crossing can be so deep in customizing your home, it's ridiculous. :D

Philia

Koomaster, you deserve so much respect. I'm so damn inspired! This is so awesome I'll quote you again on the next page! <3

Didn't know that yellow flowers could do such damage to your chances of hybriding. I received your mail and read it carefully. Tomorrow I'll post the first results. :D

A really big thank you for helping me out, Philia. :)

Dawwww! <3 Its not just yellow flowers, but white flowers too (from the cosmos/lilies/tulips). But yeah yellow violets were just taking up space!

I don't know why, but it looks like the grass in the flower patches that I water daily is actually getting worse. There's a spot in my town where the grass was faded so I planted flowers on top of it and watered them everyday, but now I can see visible dirt there too. What the hell?

Do you have bushes and trees set up in a certain way that villagers were forced to walk through? That area can be expected to have huge patches of grass wear I imagine.

Elija2

I don't know why, but it looks like the grass in the flower patches that I water daily is actually getting worse. There's a spot in my town where the grass was faded so I planted flowers on top of it and watered them everyday, but now I can see visible dirt there too. What the hell?

Marvie_3

Banned

I've noticed some spots like that in my town. In other areas the grass regrowth is coming along nicely. It really doesn't make any sense.

Well, strangely, when Rory moved (I'll miss him, but hey, two jocks are one too many and I really want to keep Lyman), the place where his hous stood, still had some grass on places. Would it not be logical that that place was completely grassfree?

Philia

Well, strangely, when Rory moved (I'll miss him, but hey, two jocks are one too many and I really want to keep Lyman), the place where his hous stood, still had some grass on places. Would it not be logical that that place was completely grassfree?

I pmed you about trees. When you plant the saplings, put them next to the neat row of other fruit trees. If no space on the right of those, plant them on the left of the villager's house. If you don't have any saplings, I'll be sure to buy one for you and come over tomorrow.

MicH

Koaster, that looks absolutely AMAZING!! I really need to start organizing my house. It's filled with relics of the Trendy theme challenge still.

And major thanks to Farun! With 5 minutes to go I got my Cucumber horse. Phew! Thank you so much!

Koomaster

And Koomaster, wow, that's a very nice room. Animal Crossing can be so deep in customizing your home, it's ridiculous. :D
Koomaster, you deserve so much respect. I'm so damn inspired! This is so awesome I'll quote you again on the next page! <3
Koaster, that looks absolutely AMAZING!! I really need to start organizing my house. It's filled with relics of the Trendy theme challenge still.

Thanks guys! :D

I have always liked decorating my house in AC, but the customization option with this game just gets crazy with all the things you can do and create. I love it; but I am sure I am working poor Cyrus ragged lately. :p

Ellix

After wandering around town for a week between 5-7pm and not even witnessing a single petaltail, I got sick of it and ran around chopping down 15 trees at random. 10 minutes later, after stepping out of Re-Tail from selling the stuff that fell out of the trees, there's a petaltail floating right by the store.

I guess ultimately the game won in forcing my hand to chop down all the trees. I also notice that the grass has completely worn away in half of my town. =\

Just received the final piece of furniture I needed in the mail and had it customized. Now my Leonardo inspired Cabana Green room is completed...

This room started off as just a Cabana furniture room (with Leonardo custom furniture). But when I expanded the room it looked a little empty and I never got around to getting more cabana pieces for it. Then one day I noticed the green pantry (piece beside the tv) had a little brown wicker basket in it - boom, idea! Tried out all the green furniture wood customization and the one I was most happy with was the 'Grass Green' finish that Cyrus could make. I also used the 'dapper shirt' for any cloth parts since it used the green as well as brought in the orange/yellow tone of Leonardo. The Cabana wall worked great since it has bits of green in it as well as a green baseboard trim. Then I used the green carpet since it has the wooden floorboards which brings out the wood tones in the Cabana series.

That's a great colour scheme! The furniture customization in New Leaf really redeemed a lot of the older furniture series for me.

Aw, I'm also sad I missed the obon event : (

MrDaravon

Made some corrections to the catalog spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvUwAtBlahqXdEdVWWVZSlc5T1lnM2ZhQzAtR1U0MXc&usp=sharing

-fixed typo on ladybug tank
-added racing shirt item

I did verify that the racer tee, racer 6 tee, and racing tee are three separate items, in the post here it seemed like I may have listed one of the two items twice under a separate listing, but they're actually different. I'm tossing updates in the update tab on the sheet, I'm hoping to address fixes that don't break the sheet in a way that anyone is using. In this case since I did add a completely new line item anyone who is using the formulas on the bottom of the sheet will need to change the formula in cell F455 from:

=F454/450

to

=F454/451

Otherwise it'll still calculate a % based on 450 items, and it should be 451 now :p. If anyone catches any other discrepancies or errors or whatever hit me or Philia up.

I pmed you about trees. When you plant the saplings, put them next to the neat row of other fruit trees. If no space on the right of those, plant them on the left of the villager's house. If you don't have any saplings, I'll be sure to buy one for you and come over tomorrow.

I'll do that. Don't have spare ones, but I can buy one tomorrow in the shop. :)

And major thanks to Farun! With 5 minutes to go I got my Cucumber horse. Phew! Thank you so much!

Lucky. :D Well, next year for me, I suppose... :(

Elija2

Do you have bushes and trees set up in a certain way that villagers were forced to walk through? That area can be expected to have huge patches of grass wear I imagine.

Villagers rarely wander into that area. The only reason the grass is deteriorating there is because there is a rock that I have to get to when searching for the money rock. I probably only walk there twice a day (once to bash the rock with my shovel and again to water the flowers). As soon as I noticed the grass fading I planted flowers on top of it, but over a week later and it's actually getting worse.

SmithnCo

Wow, that looks awesome. I like that it is character themed too, I might base some of my rooms on villagers too.

UberTag

Koomaster should help people out with their interior design the same way Philia helps out with gardening. He's a pro.

Frogstep

Soig7rD.jpg

This guy is packed up and ready to go if anyone is interested in giving him a new home.
Shame I wasn't able to grab his pic before he left, oh well!

Chopper

Just got Resetti's picture! Wasn't expecting that! Finally caught a Pill Bug too. Today's been a great day.

A soft-shelled turtle's shadow is the same size as a black bass/carp/arowana, yeah?

Edit: Don Resetti's picture. Still good.

Philia

I thought to ask again. Does anyone have premium on peaches or cherries or pears or apples or oranges or ORES?

I'm going to start writing letters now. Pardon my letters for being banal, since I have to include the words "thanks, friend, and present" in them.

I thought to ask again. Does anyone have premium on peaches or cherries or pears or apples or oranges or ORES?

Nope, sorry. :(

On another note, I got beans (not orderable or in catalogue :() and a top (Korean DLC, just ordered)

So tomorrow I have another furniture that can be catalogued. :D

Elija2

I'm going to start writing letters now. Pardon my letters for being banal, since I have to include the words "thanks, friend, and present" in them.

Wait, you've never written letters to your villagers before? And you're wondering why you've never gotten their pictures?

Philia

Wait, you've never written letters to your villagers before? And you're wondering why you've never gotten their pictures?

LOL, I only said that once. I didn't CARE that much about their pictures otherwise I'd take up on offers on dupes. I personally never really cared for my villagers in WW, and I still don't in this one... unless I get the ones I really like. Its hilarious though I have Katie, Resetti and Don's pictures first. XD

If anything, I'm just doing this letter thing to get the gold badge in letters. Yes, I'm a cold hearted bitch that wants accomplishment.

Koomaster

Thanks again everyone, means a lot you guys really like my work! #^___^#

Koomaster should help people out with their interior design the same way Philia helps out with gardening. He's a pro.
Wish I could, but every room takes a day or two to complete. Just takes so long waiting for the mail in the mornings/evenings then the half hour per customized piece for Cyrus. Lots of planning and trial and error also happens. Some furniture I will customize multiple times just to see how the finishes look in the room I'm designing. Plus add in seeing how different shirts/custom designs look on the cloth of furniture.

It's just a lot of time and tossing out ideas; then seeing how things fit in the room together.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Anybody who is on my friend list and wants to wish on a meteor, come on over, I'm about to open my gate, but I won't be responsive because I have real live company. Also don't talk to any non bunnies in town. I'm creating a hostile environment for them.

I'll stay open for a couple hours.

SmithnCo

Over the time I've been using the profile trick to set houses, I've noticed villagers have a real affinity for certain areas. Like, to the point of going there 90% of the time. And it's rare that they will move in over large flower patches or groups of item leaves. Proximity to PWPs and other villagers might have something to do with it too, they might prefer more secluded areas. It's annoying when a bad area is so heavily favored but also kinda interesting.

Elija2

LOL, I only said that once. I didn't CARE that much about their pictures otherwise I'd take up on offers on dupes. I personally never really cared for my villagers in WW, and I still don't in this one... unless I get the ones I really like. Its hilarious though I have Katie, Resetti and Don's pictures first. XD

If anything, I'm just doing this letter thing to get the gold badge in letters. Yes, I'm a cold hearted bitch that wants accomplishment.

Try not to spam Rosie's mailbox too much.

Got Punchy to move out from my TT town and into my main town. :D

Still have these guys if anyone wants 'em. Otherwise they will perish into the abyss when I look for Chrissy/Francine.

Pietro
Alice (taken)
Bertha
Bree
Mira (taken)
Lucky
Victoria
Cobb

You have Lucky. :O If I hadn't just gotten Goldie, I'd snatch him. He's on my dreamy list.

Happy Day!!!!!

tumblr_mrl5nmykff1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

My favorite villager finally finally finally gave me his picture. This will go nicely in the Leonardo themed room I am working on finally completing today. So perfect is this timing.

I was really bummed right before this because I had just missed an appointment to visit his house. I was thinking; 'Welp, I guess our friendship will drop and I'm just never going to get his picture.'

Luckily on the way to go and apologize to Leonardo, I ran into Nana who wanted me to deliver a present to him. Guess that put him in a good enough mood to hand over his picture despite my neglect.

(>^___^)> *dance* <(^___^<)

I love Leonardo, too. Feel like he's one of the most underrated villagers and DEFINITELY the cutest lion/tiger (sorry Niraj, Lionel is #2) . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom