• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Pooh! Soleil just moved into my TT town. Can't decide on her, Blaire or Whitney as my snooty now. Have the first two available.

Soleil isn't bad. :)

BROuHy2CMAIIDNu.jpg:large

BROuSk2CMAAtxIg.jpg:large

BROukwkCQAQS-hk.jpg:large

I won't lie, she took a WHILE for me to warm up to. She's no Flurry for sure, but she's still a lovable hamster. :)

Philia

If there was a way to get Pietro out of my town I'd take Rodney as my smug villager.

TTing. :\ What you can do is do two days forwards and two days back so you won't skip too far ahead in time. It'll still count as a new day and you still need to browse through your shops that get new stuff.

Soleil has my favorite catchphrase (tarnation) of the ones I've seen yet. I'm going to steal it for one of my own villagers after I pass her off to UberTag. Hopefully sometime in the near future...

Koomaster

If there was a way to get Pietro out of my town I'd take Rodney as my smug villager.
Why does everyone hate Pietro? Is it just the clown thing? He was in one of my friend's town and he seemed like a nice enough guy. I find him to be a pretty unique character.

gimz

finally just got my game and ds back from my brother after 2 days of playing, anyone up for a little fishing trip? ps. my town is 2am since im on the far east coast

Elija2

And ohhhh man. Two more days before I ask Barold for his hand in village. What will I wear?? What should I give him? He looks like the type of guy that might like trout but I'm all out. No wonder I've been stepping out of my house and looking all sweaty... it's a big day!

I know how much the stress was getting to you, but you don't have to worry any longer.

eaXjlia.jpg

Don't worry, I reset. Sorry for the mini heart-attack.

Philia

I know how much the stress was getting to you, but you don't have to worry any longer.

eaXjlia.jpg

Don't worry, I reset. Sorry for the mini heart-attack.

LMAO, that's just cruel lol. The poor girl had been wooing over MY barold for a very long time. But yeah I told her if yours ever went into ether, mine's still here. ;)

Marvie_3

Banned
Haha, nice response. :)

Funny how many of the people who put "No" to TTing on the spreadsheet are doing it.

Yeah, for me it takes away from the game quite a bit. I did it in the GC version but I haven't done it in any of the ACs since. I did exploit MicH's TTing to get Carmen though. :D

Still looking for the last Ptera fossil to complete my collection. Have the skull and right wing. Is it left wing or tail that I'm missing??

Chopper

Yeah, for me it takes away from the game quite a bit. I did it in the GC version but I haven't done it in any of the ACs since. I did exploit MicH's TTing to get Carmen though. :D
That's fair enough. You're just playing the game. Same way I justified trading for the "hacked" Nintendo items in Wild World. I earned them fair and square (and they looked awesome in my house!). But you'll never see me TTing or duping myself.

Marvie_3

Banned
That's fair enough. You're just playing the game. Same way I justified trading for the "hacked" Nintendo items in Wild World. I earned them fair and square (and they looked awesome in my house!). But you'll never see me TTing or duping myself.
I pretty much stopped playing WW online with anyone except a very select few people because of all the hacking going on in that game.

Still looking for the last Ptera fossil to complete my collection. Have the skull and right wing. Is it left wing or tail that I'm missing??
left wing

there is no tail

Chopper

I pretty much stopped playing WW online with anyone except a very select few people because of all the hacking going on in that game.
It did get a bit silly. Luckily I was part of an online community that frowned upon it. The Nintendo items were the only black market items I dabbled in. It baffles me that Nintendo never officially released them. They were right there!

Marvie_3

Banned
It did get a bit silly. Luckily I was part of an online community that frowned upon it. The Nintendo items were the only black market items I dabbled in. It baffles me that Nintendo never officially released them. They were right there!

Yeah. I was talking more the seeding though. I know a couple people who had their towns ruined and I didn't want to risk anything like that.

Chopper

Yeah. I was talking more the seeding though. I know a couple people who had their towns ruined and I didn't want to risk anything like that.
Holy crap, nostalgia attack. I completely forgot about seeding! Yeah, I stayed well away from the risk of that. If anyone had fucked with the town of Bongcock, there would have been furious rage.

Marvie_3

Banned
What's seeding? I missed out completely on the online component for WW. I was purely playing it solo.

Basically, people turned building into items. They could come into your town and drop buildings everywhere which completely wrecked your town and forced you to restart.

They could actually brick your game, which was particularly devious. Leaving you with a useless cartridge, you would be faced with a black screen when you started it up.
This too.

SmithnCo

Basically, people turned building into items. They could come into your town and drop buildings everywhere which completely wrecked your town and forced you to restart.

They could actually brick your game, which was particularly devious. Leaving you with a useless cartridge, you would be faced with a black screen when you started it up.

MicH

Apple is at my campsite :3 I have to invite her in even though I have her on my main game. I now have Apple, Flurry and Soleil in my TT town. Dawwwww

Al the lazy gorilla is moving out of my town tomorrow. (The real one not the evil time-traveling side one.) I know the gorillas aren't very popular but I thought I'd mention it anyway. He's one of my original five so I'm a little disappointed to see him go. The lazies are so sweet.

Chopper

I wonder what sort of person you have to be to purposely do that to someone. Makes me sad that there are people like that in the AC community. *hugs Gaf*

SmithnCo

I wonder what sort of person you have to be to purposely do that to someone. Makes me sad that there are people like that in the AC community. *hugs Gaf*

People on GameFAQs did that shit all the time in the WW days, one of my friends got bricked which was when I pretty much stopped playing WW. I think they're just assholes.

UberTag

Soleil has my favorite catchphrase (tarnation) of the ones I've seen yet. I'm going to steal it for one of my own villagers after I pass her off to UberTag. Hopefully sometime in the near future...
Thanks again for holding her for me. My villagers have been stubborn about their moving requests of late. I need to start cherry bombing their houses.

Koomaster

People on GameFAQs did that shit all the time in the WW days, one of my friends got bricked which was when I pretty much stopped playing WW. I think they're just assholes.
Yikes. Just read up on this seeding business you guys are talking about. While I think it might be okay for someone to do that to their own town to have things where they want - to go over wifi and mess with someone else's town or possibly destroy their game, that's horrible.

Also reading the wiki on it, gives insight into why we can't place PWPs or trees/bushes too close together or clog areas with them. Slows the game or could be used to block doorways and things.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
After storing some bugs in my house for tomorrow I noticed they had different coloured containers. Are the colours random or do they reflect what tier the insect is in?

After storing some bugs in my house for tomorrow I noticed they had different coloured containers. Are the colours random or do they reflect what tier the insect is in?

Yeah, noticed it in the beginning, but not sure what colour containres what bugs have. I know the scorpion has a yellow one and some cicadas green and red...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom