• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I am exhausted as hell...but first thing I need to do before bed is catch an eel for Flurry :(

lol

So I missed some interesting stuff. What is this about two days forward, two days back? I've never TTed b/c I want to stay on the real date, but this would do that, and it allows you to get villagers out faster? And build PWPs faster maybe?

Hmmm. I'm going to have to consider this. Doesn't sound as sketchy as duping.

Can someone please explain how this works and what are the benefits/negatives? Are people like Philia who mentioned TTing doing it in their main game or only a TTing town. I'm really just asking b/c I finally made the money I need to buy the villagers I want, but without TTing, it will be weeks if not months but for I can get my favorites here . . .

And yes, this thread was originally no TTing, but let's face, times have changed, and we don't want to get left behind (or at least I don't).

MicH

So I missed some interesting stuff. What is this about two days forward, two days back? I've never TTed b/c I want to stay on the real date, but this would do that, and it allows you to get villagers out faster? And build PWPs faster maybe?

Hmmm. I'm going to have to consider this. Doesn't sound as sketchy as duping.

Can someone please explain how this works and what are the benefits/negatives? Are people like Philia who mentioned TTing doing it in their main game or only a TTing town. I'm really just asking b/c I finally made the money I need to buy the villagers I want, but without TTing, it will be weeks if not months but for I can get my favorites here . . .

And yes, this thread was originally no TTing, but let's face, times have changed, and we don't want to get left behind (or at least I don't).
The TT two days forward, two backups specifically for getting villagers to move as they will only request to move every four days. That's why that method is very good at getting them out. It's also what I use in my second time traveling town

Hey I haven't decided yet! So Mic, what are the disadvantages of it? Basically why don't you do it in your main town as well to cycle even more villagers? There must be some negatives . . .

Oxx

tumblr_mrnyug9IlY1rf96tno1_400.jpg

I streetpassed a Sonic-fan.

Keep Sonic out of our schools and out of our boudoirs!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So I stated my game before 9am sothe postman hasn't arrived yet. I saw Phineas today after seeing him yesterday which made me curious as to what I did between last night and now to get another badge. Apparently I've hit 150k in the HHA after just hitting 100k yesterday.

Don't even have a backroom and the room on the left still has one expansion left and wasn't even kitted out with a set.

Now I am free!

So I stated my game before 9am sothe postman hasn't arrived yet. I saw Phineas today after seeing him yesterday which made me curious as to what I did between last night and now to get another badge. Apparently I've hit 150k in the HHA after just hitting 100k yesterday.

Don't even have a backroom and the room on the left still has one expansion left and wasn't even kitted out with a set.

Now I am free!
Not yet, now you gotta do the exterior challenges.

RaginRoss

I'm trying to finish off my Arcade room, if anyone has any of the below and could let me catalog them i'd love you forever(and could give you 99k)

Tabletop Game
Pinball Table
Billiard Table
Foosball Table
Dartboard
Jukebox

Thanks!

I don't really care for the gold exterior. so even if I did it I'd have no sign of having done it.
What sets did you use to get your interior prizes?

The exterior challenges are actually extremely easy if you do the toy shop theme. (I got all my prizes in two days, and it would of been in one if I didn't randomly change my roof.)

MicH

Nat you dick. I need two Bug-Off items: Butterfly mini-table and beetle chair. I'm on the list with the table today but he REFUSES to give it to me. I've gotten EVERYTHING else, resettled twice and still haven't gotten it. Yet I got three firefly lamps in a row. Fuck this. If snyone has an extra of these two, please let me know.

Hey I haven't decided yet! So Mic, what are the disadvantages of it? Basically why don't you do it in your main town as well to cycle even more villagers? There must be some negatives . . .
I don't wanna fuck up my town. I wanna play it normally and you risk someone moving out that you didn't know was moving If you're not careful.

Chopper

Now I am free!
I got my golden house model today too!

So now the theme challenge, yes? Sounds like a huge ball ache.

Edit: What are the two furniture groups for the bug off?

upandaway

So today's the Bug Off.. I almost forgot.

My record is 40 right now, if anyone wants to come in and cash out on the 6 prizes (the record isn't updated for town guests, but the guest still receives the prize if it's over 80pts or whatever it was). No clue on which prize list I'm on yet, though, until someone checks.

And is there anyone else I can come to to get my own prizes? I still need all 12, so it doesn't matter which prize list it is.

It's here:
http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/bug-off/
List of Items you can Get from Nat
A random item
Butterfly Wall
Ladybug Carpet
A Bug Set item from this list: Firefly Lamp, Hairless Caterpillar Sofa, Ladybug Carpet, Ladybug Chair, Snail Clock, Stag Beetle Chair
A Bug Set item from this list: Beetle Chair, Butterfly Table, Butterfly Wall, Cicada Stereo, Honeycomb Chest, Spider Clock

Jak140

I got my golden house model today too!

So now the theme challenge, yes? Sounds like a huge ball ache.

Theme challenge can be a pain. I had to create a new account just to store all the stuff I took out of my house. On the bright side, you only need 2 rooms loaded with theme furniture and a matching exterior to pass the whole thing.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What sets did you use to get your interior prizes?

The exterior challenges are actually extremely easy if you do the toy shop theme. (I got all my prizes in two days, and it would of been in one if I didn't randomly change my roof.)
Classic, Sleek, Alpine and Exotic so two out of four are trendy.

But my exterior is quite a mix but I like the way it looks.

Lyle still goes on about sets and shooting for 150k even if I have 160k+…

Linius

Managed to play a little real quick. Scored 51 points with my alt and 48 points with my main. Fingers crossed for silver or bronze (or both)...

Jak140

Can anyone let Katie visit them? None of my friends have their gates open right now :(

I can open up when I'm done with this farming trip if you still need to drop her off by then.
She might drop her ticket, but you'll still get a gift in the mail.
FC 3153 3989 7000

MicH

Just realized that Im actually on the wrong list. Whoops.

If anyone has a low record and that Has the item set with the beetle chair and butterfly table, can I come visit?

Tash

Just realized that Im actually on the wrong list. Whoops.

If anyone has a low record and that Has the item set with the beetle chair and butterfly table, can I come visit?

Mich you can have my beetle chair. Not going to use it anyway. Out shopping right now but will have it ready for pickup later today if you want :)

I'm trying to finish off my Arcade room, if anyone has any of the below and could let me catalog them i'd love you forever(and could give you 99k)

Tabletop Game
Pinball Table
Billiard Table
Foosball Table
Dartboard
Jukebox

Thanks!

Got the dartboard but need to order it. Out and about right now but can have it available later for you :)

RaginRoss

Mich you can have my beetle chair. Not going to use it anyway. Out shopping right now but will have it ready for pickup later today if you want :)

Got the dartboard but need to order it. Out and about right now but can have it available later for you :)

Awesome thanks :)

MicH

That is very kind of you! Thank you!

Are people like Philia who mentioned TTing doing it in their main game or only a TTing town. I'm really just asking b/c I finally made the money I need to buy the villagers I want, but without TTing, it will be weeks if not months but for I can get my favorites here . . .

Only TTing in the side town on a separate 3DS. It'll be weeks if not months before all my favorites are in my town too and I'm okay with that. No hurry. I still can't decide exactly where my fountain should go.

If you're going to start TTing in your main town, spend plenty of time educating yourself on how to do it properly. It's a slow, tedious process that requires a lot of patience. Things can and will go wrong if you don't know what you're doing or aren't careful. Villagers can be packed up or completely vanished without saying a word. And with the 16 villager cycle, you wouldn't be getting them back anytime soon. Just be careful.

MicH

Only TTing in the side town on a separate 3DS. It'll be weeks if not months before all my favorites are in my town too and I'm okay with that. No hurry. I still can't decide exactly where my fountain should go.

If you're going to start TTing in your main town, spend plenty of time educating yourself on how to do it properly. It's a slow, tedious process that requires a lot of patience. Things can and will go wrong if you don't know what you're doing or aren't careful. Villagers can be packed up or completely vanished without saying a word. And with the 16 villager cycle, you wouldn't be getting them back anytime soon. Just be careful.
Yep, this is how I lost a few villagers. I have since read up on it and yes, it's very tedious and quite slow.

On the other hand I now have 90% of my dream villagers

So today's the Bug Off.. I almost forgot.

My record is 40 right now, if anyone wants to come in and cash out on the 6 prizes (the record isn't updated for town guests, but the guest still receives the prize if it's over 80pts or whatever it was). No clue on which prize list I'm on yet, though, until someone checks.

And is there anyone else I can come to to get my own prizes? I still need all 12, so it doesn't matter which prize list it is.

BE VERY CAREFULL OF THIS!!! When someone from another town gives a bug and get a prize, you won't be able to update your score anymore, so if you care about your trophy, first get the points for the trophy you want.

Tabletop Game
Pinball Table
Billiard Table
Foosball Table
Dartboard
Jukebox

Thanks!

Tabletop Game and Foosball Table here. :)

massoluk

Banned
I'm in need of T-Rex Torso, Diplo Neck, and Megacero Torso Right now if anyone got them. Tell me what you want for them.

Tabletop Game
Pinball Table
Billiard Table
Foosball Table
Dartboard
Jukebox

Thanks!

Got Foosball, Pinball, Dartboard and Tabletop if you still need to catalogue them.

BE VERY CAREFULL OF THIS!!! When someone from another town gives a bug and get a prize, you won't be able to update your score anymore, so if you care about your trophy, first get the points for the trophy you want.

This is false. However, there's an element of truth to it. You'll be able to update your score IF YOU BEAT THAT SCORE. (Similarly, if you go into someone's town and give a bug worth a large amount, you will have to beat it in your own town in order to upgrade your score.)

As a result, I recommend trying to use bugs worth 80-100, and saving those 120+ bugs for your final score.

This is false. However, there's an element of truth to it. You'll be able to update your score IF YOU BEAT THAT SCORE. (Similarly, if you go into someone's town and give a bug worth a large amount, you will have to beat it in your own town in order to upgrade your score.)

As a result, I recommend trying to use bugs worth 80-100, and saving those 120+ bugs for your final score.

Really? That would be nice. We thought it was a glitch, cause some people couldn't update their score, while they didn't go to another town. So they have to beat the visitor's score, even if the chamelion give them the score from their town.

upandaway

So basically regarding the prizes, it's as if the scoring is frozen, but regarding score tracking, it keeps on as usual no matter what?

Well I only have rare bugs on hand, so if someone already got his desired score/doesn't care about trophies, I'd like to come in and enter what I have. (I don't care about mine so anyone can come in, but again, dunno which set I'm on of the 2 available)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Man, I'm never going to catch a Gar. Gazzilions ofDorado (in fact I just caught two in a row) but not a bloody Gar.

So not gar.

Really? That would be nice. We thought it was a glitch, cause some people couldn't update their score, while they didn't go to another town. So they have to beat the visitor's score, even if the chamelion give them the score from their town.

So basically regarding the prizes, it's as if the scoring is frozen, but regarding score tracking, it keeps on as usual no matter what?

Well I only have rare bugs on hand, so if someone already got his desired score/doesn't care about trophies, I'd like to come in and enter what I have. (I don't care about mine so anyone can come in, but again, dunno which set I'm on of the 2 available)

Well, do feel free to test it. This is what I concluded after raiding some of the Streetpass NYC Animal Crossing Players' Bug Contests last month. (Got a full set myself.) But as far as I can tell, yes upandaway, that's how it works. What specifically happened for me was that I went to someone's town where their top bug was in the 80s, and dropped a few 100 point bugs. I then went back to my town and found that I wasn't getting any prizes until I dropped a bug worth MORE than what I dropped off elsewhere. This is the conclusion that I have drawn.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wow. Good thing I prepared a load of bugs before hand because one of my villagers set the highscore at 82!

Well, do feel free to test it. This is what I concluded after raiding some of the Streetpass NYC Animal Crossing Players' Bug Contests last month. (Got a full set myself.) But as far as I can tell, yes upandaway, that's how it works. What specifically happened for me was that I went to someone's town where their top bug was in the 80s, and dropped a few 100 point bugs. I then went back to my town and found that I wasn't getting any prizes until I dropped a bug worth MORE than what I dropped off elsewhere. This is the conclusion that I have drawn.

Well, but the people where you went couldn't get no more prizes in their own town. They didn't go to another town, so that was the problem. They couldn't get any prizes in their own town or update the score, when someone came to their town and give Nat a bug. And they didn't leave their own town, so... That was the problem. They can go to another town for the prizes, but not for the trophy...

Yep, this is how I lost a few villagers. I have since read up on it and yes, it's very tedious and quite slow.

On the other hand I now have 90% of my dream villagers

Ok cool. Not gonna do it. Only 1 3DS, and I'd DIE if I lost Tia or Kabuki.

Dream villages are gonna have to come from cold, hard cash, I guess. Good thing I'm good on that end . . .

Dream villages are gonna have to come from cold, hard cash, I guess. Good thing I'm good on that end . . .

GFAQs isn't the only place to get villagers. Most of mine (including ones like Octavian) are given away for free. Like I said before, there are dozens given away every day on The Bell Tree Forums and even Tumblr.

This route does require patience and good timing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom