• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I have a complete set if you ever want to catalog them. Unless you meant the low tier trophies.

Don't worry, old sport! I completely missed out on the event today. :<
Only managed to get 3 bug themed furniture so far, oh well!

At least my new bff Henry won the tournament!

DozIlsG.jpg

Yeah just meant the two lower trophies :p my first place was from the first bug I gave him :/ 80 point jewel beetle. Figured it'd be a little less! Didn't have enough time to plan it out

Sweet on Henry dude. Surprised he didn't eat em :p

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Oooh, I totally forgot about Gracie! Smart smart. I've only done 2 so far so I'd be safe. Plus I was a week or so after it was released in NA, I got my T.I.Y on the 3rd. So I'm looking at the 4th or so of September.

You'll never see Gracie/Emporium if you keep yourself in TTing between the Bug Off and Fireworks days. :)

Villagers rarely walk up to you or talk about anything other than the bug off\fireworks on those days, so I don't really wanna do it when villagers will be preoccupied. Do villagers ever move out on special days, though?

I'm too competitive to be a completist. I've won every Bug Off and my villagers will feel my wrath if I lose the last one next month.

Should I wait will after I get the emporium to start this? And does it affect grass deterioration?

Ignore Gracie when you see her. And it improves grass deterioration. My TT town has perfect grass. Wish I could improve it as rapidly in my real town. :/

Just be careful and know what you're doing before you do it. It's easy to make a mistake a pack up a villager you want to keep. That's why I don't do it in my main town.

You'll never see Gracie/Emporium if you keep yourself in TTing between the Bug Off and Fireworks days. :)

You'll also be unlikely to get a ping/check for moving rumors because they're all fixated on the special event. When I'm trying to move villagers, I avoid event days because it's easier to miss someone on the move.

But they can move out on special days. Al's all packed up today.

Elija2

I'm on an island with the tropical vista for sale. Does anyone REALLY need it because I'm willing to grind 100 medals for one person.

I can't imagine trying to go for the bronze or silver trophies. I sat out this bug off and went to look at the results - 49, 50, 54 - that's a hard bracket to squeeze into.

Marvie_3

Banned
Got 1st and 3rd in the Bug Off. I absolutely have to win with my main character but my alt came in 3rd. Gonna try to get the silver with my alt next month.

Galactic Fork

Sadly not. It's why a lot of people kept reloading till they found a spot they liked when they first started. :(

Why would they need to reload? You pick the place for your house when you start.

Anyone have a spare caterpillar sofa and/or firefly lamp they don't want?

Sorry... I have the worst luck with bug off days. I end up being busy the whole day. First day I got nothing. And today I got the gold and a snail clock for an bug I caught before the bug off even started and I gave to the lizard thing at 9:01. Maybe next time!

Galactic Fork

Oh right... I was thinking of the layout issue... which is kinda house related. Some people had very specific ideas of what they wanted.

Villagers like to move in at annoying places. I'm lucky, both my recent villagers picked good locations. One conveniently showing up right between 2 of Philia's hybrid factory patches. I don't even think any of the flowers were displaced.

Syringe

I'm trying to make a nice version of "Dixie's Land" (nope, not a redneck or anything, I'm living in Sweden and it's quite popular to have as car horn here), but my musicality really do suck. Has anyone done or seen a nice version to use as town tune?

For the moment, I have Ranma 1/2 as a town tune. I might as well contribute by adding it for anyone interested :)I It is a pretty good version.

eGG-eGG-ABAGG--

Koomaster

I swear the pitfalls in the balloon-popping tours are strategically placed behind trees so that you can't see them.
That's what makes them more difficult than the easy version.

I especially hate pitfalls and refuse to play the games that have pitfalls in them. I have a special spot for the pitfall seed in my town so no new ones show up each day that I could accidentally fall into.

Koomaster

Can you imagine villager mannequins? People would go NUTS for them.
Sure.. mannequins.

They will have a new character and shop just to create them. Just take a neighbor who is leaving your town to Mr. Vulture's 'Taxi' services. Bye neighbor, enjoy your new town! A couple days later you can come back and Mr. Vulture will have created your own villager 'mannequin'.

*shudder*

Sure.. mannequins.

They will have a new character and shop just to create them. Just take a neighbor who is leaving your town to Mr. Vulture's 'Taxi' services. Bye neighbor, enjoy your new town! A couple days later you can come back and Mr. Vulture will have created your own villager 'mannequin'.

*shudder*

I'm on board. Hopefully, Mr. Vulture will allow me to change the clothing.

Oh wow, after my first Zucker trade fell through, another extremely generous poster on GameFAQs offered me Zucker again for absolutely free! And I just got him! :D

Tomorrow I will have all three octopi in my town. This was my biggest dream for the game, and I'm totally over the moon right now. ^_^

*does the Shrunk Funk Shuffle*

Oh wow, after my first Zucker trade fell through, another extremely generous poster on GameFAQs offered me Zucker again for absolutely free! And I just got him! :D

Tomorrow I will have all three octopi in my town. This was my biggest dream for the game, and I'm totally over the moon right now. ^_^

*does the Shrunk Funk Shuffle*

Congrats!

*Clapping Emote*

ramyeon

I feel kinda bad but I've started TTing 2 days forward and back a bit today to get some villagers to move out. I've just got way too many duplicate personalities in town that I want to free up spaces for new ones.

I traded a pumpkin pie and western dlc to a Korean I met on club tortimer, in exchange for songypeon and budeon (spelling wrong I'm sure).

I wish more of these region locked dlc were orderable.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Would anybody care to trade me a statue I don't have for an extra motherly statue I have? The only ones I have are mystic and motherly, so any other one would be great :)

Have we established if you can breed a hybrid with a hybird (not listed in thonky)?

For example, I've had pink lillies come from my pink lillies that are next to red lillies. But I can I breed pink x pink with lillies or blue x blue with violets?

Thanks everyone!

Marvie_3

Banned
Have we established if you can breed a hybrid with a hybird (not listed in thonky)?

For example, I've had pink lillies come from my pink lillies that are next to red lillies. But I can I breed pink x pink with lillies or blue x blue with violets?

Thanks everyone!

That's how I breed a lot of my hybrids. Works well for me.

ramyeon

Okay guys, Caroline is moving out and I think I'm just going to TT to her move out day so I can finally get some fresh blood into town. Is anyone here interested in taking her?

I would not recommend inviting two villagers in the same day. the first villager never came and the second did so ultimately I lost a super cool villager by bein' dumb. Animal Crossing is a tough life.

Ok, quick update today:

Bought for 1 million turnips, let's see how I fare. :)

New home was planted today by Nook's, it's Celia. Could be worse, I guess. The placement of the house is just right, nothing of flowers or almost nothing of perfect peach trees were damaged. :D It's on close ground with two other houses, though. Oh well...

Deena is sick, so medecine time. :)

Only two hybrids today, a orange rose and a red carnation, better then nothing. Aaargh, villagers keep planting tulips in my tulip bed, no, no, bad villagers... :(

Gyroids are premium, so I guess I'm gonna clean them ALL out today.

Got almost 15 million in the bank. Thank you GF. :)

That's it for now. I think. Have to go somewhere today, so don't know when i'll be back or that I still get here today. We'll see. :)

Oh, and Shep wanted to move. No way, want more painting and you aren't here that long. Deena should be moving...

MicH

I'm a slave trader. :p

MicH: your TT town sounds amazing? What you going to do with all those dream villagers? How are you going to integrate with your real town (i.e. what is your final line-up going to look like in your real town?). I'll have to come visit. This is a REAL all-star cast you're putting together!!
I keep tweaking my dream villager list. As of right now it looks like this:

Cheri
Static
Marshal
Lolly
Whitney
Snake
/Hamlet
Bob/Punchy
Mitzi/Fauna
Phoebe/Chief
Apple

Bolded are the ones I already have available. Not sure on Punchy yet. Hamlet will probably replace Snake if I can get him. Same goes for Fauna.

Chief will replace Phoebe once I have all uchi PWPs. Of course I need to get Chief as well.

I plan on using my other villagers in my TT town (mainly Diana and Julian) to try and get the ones not bolded

Linius

Lol, my main char won bronze with 48 points yesterday. And my alt with 51 points won gold...

I want to know which animal is that kind of a dick to sqeeze in between there :(

Got almost 15 million in the bank. Thank you GF. :)

How much do usually get for letting people catalog stuff?

MicH

Lol, my main char won bronze with 48 points yesterday. And my alt with 51 points won gold...

I want to know which animal is that kind of a dick to sqeeze in between there :(

How much do usually get for letting people catalog stuff?
Jesus! Did you need silver?

Linius

Jesus! Did you need silver?

Well I needed silver and bronze. So it would have been perfect with these scores, but someone intervened :p

Since I wasn't there I can't find out who it was. Oh well, one more bug off to try. And a spare gold, though it's not very likely someone has a spare silver and needs a gold :p

Sordid

Is there a kitchen worktop in New Leaf (or anything that is a good substitute)? I got hold of a kitchen island and want to make a whole kitchen but all of the tables I have look out of place as work surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom