• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can't imagine trying to go for the bronze or silver trophies. I sat out this bug off and went to look at the results - 49, 50, 54 - that's a hard bracket to squeeze into.
I've got all three. I'm sure I could organise cataloging for them if people wish.

Oxx

tumblr_mrpwedAWDe1rf96tno1_400.jpg

The chicken has landed.

massoluk

Banned
Ah, god damn it.

Yesterday was Bug-Off day, can't make new building.
Today is Firework day, can't make new building.

Grrrrrr.... Game is trolling with me.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Is there a kitchen worktop in New Leaf (or anything that is a good substitute)? I got hold of a kitchen island and want to make a whole kitchen but all of the tables I have look out of place as work surfaces.

Maybe the minimalist table? Might be too low though.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Alfonso is doing great in my town. Though it's somewhat sad because he was humming a song that reminded him of your place Hours Left. He misses you!

Davey Cakes

After what seemed like forever, the Club finally got built in my shopping district.

My townsfolk seemed to think that my town was "underdeveloped" even though I'd built the majority of the public works projects. It was possibly the combination of the Club and the wind turbine that finally pushed them over the edge to the point of finally saying that my town is amazing.

Now I'm working on funding the new city hall.

There are still some public works projects like the face-cutout sign and the "do not enter" sign than I haven't built (and wouldn't even know where to put, honestly), but other than that I have at least one of everything.

I keep tweaking my dream villager list. As of right now it looks like this:

Cheri
Static
Marshal
Lolly
Whitney
Snake
/Hamlet
Bob/Punchy
Mitzi/Fauna
Phoebe/Chief
Apple

Bolded are the ones I already have available. Not sure on Punchy yet. Hamlet will probably replace Snake if I can get him. Same goes for Fauna.

Chief will replace Phoebe once I have all uchi PWPs. Of course I need to get Chief as well.

I plan on using my other villagers in my TT town (mainly Diana and Julian) to try and get the ones not bolded
I have none of those villagers in my town, save Static. He threatened to leave but I didn't let him. :)

I really haven't let any of my villagers leave, except for one (Diva) because I didn't much care for her.

But, now that I think about it, I do have three squirrels taking up my villager spots: Static, Filbert, and Caroline. For diversity sake I might let Filbert go at some point even though I like him, and encourage someone else to move in via the camping site.

Letting people go is more difficult than it should be. I guess I just appreciate my villagers. My favorites so far might be Victoria and Kevin.

MicH

I have none of those villagers in my town, save Static. He threatened to leave but I didn't let him. :)

I really haven't let any of my villagers leave, except for one (Diva) because I didn't much care for her.

But, now that I think about it, I do have three squirrels taking up my villager spots: Static, Filbert, and Caroline. For diversity sake I might let Filbert go at some point even though I like him, and encourage someone else to move in via the camping site.

Letting people go is more difficult than it should be. I guess I just appreciate my villagers. My favorites so far might be Victoria and Kevin.
Yeah, letting go of villagers is really hard. I have Blaire moving out soon and letting her go to make room for my dream villagers is important. Poor Blaire. Hopefully she gets a loving home

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Does anybody else find it disturbing that the animals sleep in their homes standing up? Even if they have beds?

Koomaster

Is there a kitchen worktop in New Leaf (or anything that is a good substitute)? I got hold of a kitchen island and want to make a whole kitchen but all of the tables I have look out of place as work surfaces.
Maybe a ranch tea table or ranch dresser painted white? Or regal table? You can see what they look like in my kitchen.

The ranch dresser is the same height as the kitchen sink, corner, island and deluxe range. That may be the closest you can get. I think the regal table is slightly higher, but may also be a good fit for a work surface.

How much do usually get for letting people catalog stuff?

That really depends on the item and the person. Once got 300k for letting catalogue just 3 common items. A couple of times the Gulliver Stuff for 750k. Mostly 50k-99k for stuff, but I had have done some for less, so... And selling too. Mostly 99k, but some people give a lot more just to have it...

chunk3rvd

Went out and got drunk last night and forgot to water my wilted flowers. 2 months of work and loads of my hybrids down the toilet. I almost want to cry D:

etrain911

Copper's police station or Booker's? This is honestly the hardest choice I've had to make in the entire game. I want both of them, damn it!

Copper's police station or Booker's? This is honestly the hardest choice I've had to make in the entire game. I want both of them, damn it!

Let the holy wars commence! But seriously, it all depends on if you've thought of a theme for your town. If you want a more modern look, lots of metal, video screens, that sort of thing, go with Copper. If you're doing more of a fairy tale/zen thing, go with Booker.

Team Booker for life

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Fauna is moving in, which would be great if she hadn't parked her house literally in front of mine and destroyed 5 glorious purple roses I had planted there. It hurts my soul.

Hello Crossing GAF; been a while. Looking to add some active New Leaf friends! A lot of old friends from my list seem to have moved on, so I'm doing some updating. Feel free to add me and I'll add you back!

1375-7276-2770

Sergio from Madera, Apple is native fruit, very active NL player mostly all weekdays 6-11 PM US Pacific ( PST, GMT-7), and especially weekends. Willing to trade and give away all sorts of stuff.

so1337

Man, I've been digging up dupes this entire week and I'm only three fossils away from completing the dinosaur exhibit. If anyone has these and is willing share I'd be very grateful:

Ichthyosaurus Torso
Styracosaurid Tail
Iguanodon Skull

Mega Gyroid Clearance. First chance at Neogaf. :) Rest goes to Gamefaqs for sale. And then Re-tail. Have a premium on gyroids, so a good moment to get rid of them. :)

So here they are:

Bowtoid x2
Buzzoid x2
Gargloid
Howloid
Lullaboid
Mega Dekkoid
Mega Dingloid
Mega Fizzoid x2
Mega Freakoid
Mega Lullaboid
Mega Oombloid
Mega Percoloid
Mega Plinkoid x3
Mega Poltergoid
Mega Quazoid
Mega Squelchoid
Mega Tootoid
Mini Bowtoid
Mini Dekkoid x2
Mini Drilloid
Mini Gargloid
Mini Harmonoid
Mini Metatoid
Mini Nebuloid x2
Mini Rustoid
Mini Squelchoid
Mini Timpanoid
Mini Warbloid
Oombloid
Poltergoid
Squat Dingloid
Tall Alloid
Tall Bovoid x2
Tall Bowtoid
Tall Buzztoid
Tall Echoid
Tall Lamentoid
Tall Sproid
Tall Sputnoid
Tall Strumboid
Tall Warbloid
Tootoid x2
Wee Dingloid

In about two hours, I'll post the rest on Gamefaqs on sale. :) So hurry. :)

Koomaster

As a follow-up to this post, my friend sent me another picture she drew for me today, this time of Lionel.
Both drawings are pretty awesome! :D

Although this one, that butt curve... I just want to put some pants on these animals is all I am saying. As mayor can I not get my villagers to wear some pants?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Is he supposed to be an old-timey strongman?

He's the most interesting lion in the world.

Although this one, that butt curve... I just want to put some pants on these animals is all I am saying. As mayor can I not get my villagers to wear some pants?

lol I thought the same thing :p I still quite like it though.

On a larger note to that effect, I really wish they could wear hats and pants as well. At least hats and accessories. They have some like Elise that wear glasses, so why not? I would have loved to put Groucho in a bear costume, just for hilarity's sake.

I got my first villager picture today! Al mailed it to me in his farewell letter. :) I actually got a little nostalgic over the silly gorilla.

As a follow-up to this post, my friend sent me another picture she drew for me today, this time of Lionel.

That's so cute—really captures Lionel's essence. :) And, yes, please on pants. Never enjoyed getting stuck behind Al on the bridge.

Niraj

I got my first villager picture today! Al mailed it to me in his farewell letter. :) I actually got a little nostalgic over the silly gorilla.

That's so cute—really captures Lionel's essence. :) And, yes, please on pants. Never enjoyed getting stuck behind Al on the bridge.

Sweet, glad you got one finally :) His pantlessness aside, does he have jaundice or something? I'm a little concerned.

Sweet, glad you got one finally :) His pantlessness aside, does he have jaundice or something? I'm a little concerned.

Too many bananas? His blank, beady eyes were a bigger concern than his skin tone. But the lazies are all so sweet that I didn't mind that it took him so long to finally move on.

Niraj

Too many bananas? His blank, beady eyes were a bigger concern than his skin tone. But the lazies are all so sweet that I didn't mind that it took him so long to finally move on.

He does seem a bit surprised. Maybe he was just really interested in what you had to say.

Note: I have never TTed (not yet :p)

Ok, so I think I'm not the only one in this position (in fact, I'm know I'm not). You have plenty of dough in the bank. You're town looks great. You have plenty of PWPs, hybrids, and cool sets in your house. But what you don't have is the space in your town to buy the villagers you want. Or a 2nd 3DS.

Seems like 2 days forward, 2 days back is the popular solution to this problem. Biggest issue seems to the potential to accidentally lose villagers you like. But to be honest, after a lot of thought, I think I'd rather risk losing villagers if it means I can have a town full dreamies in a matter of days instead of months.

To those of you TTing? How is it? For those of you who aren't, are you even considering it? I'm definitely on the fence, but with my bank account shooting past 50 million and chances to grab Lucky, Ankha, and Julian passing me by, I'm starting to cave . . .

Sordid

Maybe a ranch tea table or ranch dresser painted white? Or regal table? You can see what they look like in my kitchen.

The ranch dresser is the same height as the kitchen sink, corner, island and deluxe range. That may be the closest you can get. I think the regal table is slightly higher, but may also be a good fit for a work surface.

Ooooh they look good! Hopefully I've got them in my catalogue, cheers for the suggestions :)

MicH

Note: I have never TTed (not yet :p)

Ok, so I think I'm not the only one in this position (in fact, I'm know I'm not). You have plenty of dough in the bank. You're town looks great. You have plenty of PWPs, hybrids, and cool sets in your house. But what you don't have is the space in your town to buy the villagers you want. Or a 2nd 3DS.

Seems like 2 days forward, 2 days back is the popular solution to this problem. Biggest issue seems to the potential to accidentally lose villagers you like. But to be honest, after a lot of thought, I think I'd rather risk losing villagers if it means I can have a town full dreamies in a matter of days instead of months.

To those of you TTing? How is it? For those of you who aren't, are you even considering it? I'm definitely on the fence, but with my bank account shooting past 50 million and chances to grab Lucky, Ankha, and Julian passing me by, I'm starting to cave . . .
Read this guide: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66933880

I haven't lost a single villager since I started doing this. It's very tedious and slow though. But it's a very safe way to get the ones you don't like out

SmithnCo

2 days forward and 2 days back seems to be pretty effective, I use it in my second town. If you really need space, you'll only have to do it once or twice probably before someone suggests leaving, so it's not too bad in the TT regard.

Koomaster

tumblr_mrp41eFtYt1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Anybody have an extra Beetle Chair (the brown one that is in this pic)? I have an extra caterpillar sofa, cicada stereo and mini-butterfly table to trade. You can have any one or all if you've got a beetle chair for me. :)
Asking again today just in case. Anyone have an extra beetle chair? I have some other bug furniture to trade if you do. :)

Ellix

tumblr_mr769tkUWO1sv666jo1_500.jpg

Mega Gyroid Clearance. First chance at Neogaf. :) Rest goes to Gamefaqs for sale. And then Re-tail. Have a premium on gyroids, so a good moment to get rid of them. :)

So here they are:

Mega Dekkoid

In about two hours, I'll post the rest on Gamefaqs on sale. :) So hurry. :)

Mind if I quickly swing by and nab the Mega Dekkoid? :D How much is it going for?

He does seem a bit surprised. Maybe he was just really interested in what you had to say.

Yeah, Al and I didn't have many deep conversations unfortunately. Amazingly, his surprised face was even more surprisey looking than his normal face.

I've already said I won't TT in my main town because it would ruin the experience of going day by day and I wouldn't dare risk losing villagers like Lolly. I also think it can screw up your friendship levels with your villagers since days are passing by quickly where you're not spending time with them. I'm perfectly content waiting for my villagers to move out at their leisure.

But if you're willing to risk losing someone important, it's your decision. I don't think time travel is as horrible as some people make it out to be but I do think it would suck the fun out of a normal town in no time. Just remember that if you pack someone up, there's no getting them back until you've cycled through at least 16 more villagers. Even in a TT town, that can take awhile. I couldn't imagine doing it in a real town.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know how to obtain a sandwich display or a soft-drink display? Just came across them in probably the best house I've seen anyone put together but they're not for sale, and I'm not sure if they're customized.

Man, I've been digging up dupes this entire week and I'm only three fossils away from completing the dinosaur exhibit. If anyone has these and is willing share I'd be very grateful:

Ichthyosaurus Torso
Styracosaurid Tail
Iguanodon Skull
I have all three. You can have them for free. FC is 2492-5233-0873. What's your FC?

In case you have any of the following though, I'd much appreciate it! So close to finishing my collection but I keep running into dupes myself :(

Apato Tail
Diplo Skull
Plesio Neck
Ptera Skull
Stego Tail
Styraco Torso
Tricera Skull

Barold better know how much I love him. I just passed selling all the nips I could buy this morning for 530 each in my best pal's town. I wanted to make sure I didn't lure any other animals to my town.

Oddly, the Bug Off and Fireworks pushed Tucker's move out to tomorrow so I'm gonna push the date to tomorrow so when I visit Eli, I'll have an open spot.

Man... Animal Crossing is serious business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom