• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I really want a pair of black frames glasses. Anyone have that in their catalog that can order them for me?
Just send me a PM since this thread moves so fast :)

Levi

Banned
Packed and ready to go if anyone wants him...maybe I should sell him on gamefaq lol.

tumblr_mqxb62eNK31swi0i7o1_400.jpg

I need a cranky villager so I would like him.

Wolfe

What are you talking about. More than 5 members in this thread had tried farming for paintings with his method and it worked. Only thing that isn't comparable is the LEVEL of his friendship with Lionel. So.

I'm speaking from experience, Ken is by far the villager I interact with the most and has given me his picture twice, he rarely gives me paintings. I know the method "works" but Niraj has filled out his entire art wing while the rest of us get a painting now and then.

That's all I'm saying :), no one has replicated his same results.

Linius

To be fair, Julian has never given me a painting once. And I chat with him all the time since the day he moved in. Fulfill his requests and stuff. The method works better for some people than for other people.

Frank, one of my three cranky villagers is the only one who sold me paintings. One legit and one fake.

Philia

Guys, how can I give a fish or any animal to my friend who's standing beside me?

Best you can do is point it out to them either town respectfully to let them catch it. IE you see a shark shadow or a orchid mantis, you let him/her know and come over SLOWLY to get it themselves while you stand there to hold down the fort.

nin1000

Banned
Took a month trip to various parts in Europe, had this game with me , comes back and is astonished at how fast OT4 was created !

Wolfe

I tried replicating his results with a Cranky one instead and he's given me 9 fakes out of 10. >(

Yeah I've gotten more paintings from my cranky and uchi villagers than smug, and while most of them have been legit I just haven't been able to get that many.

Edit: no double post, NO!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm speaking from experience, Ken is by far the villager I interact with the most and has given me his picture twice, he rarely gives me paintings. I know the method "works" but Niraj has filled out his entire art wing while the rest of us get a painting now and then.

That's all I'm saying :), no one has replicated his same results.

Yeah I'm honestly not sure what it is. I've tried it with other villagers, but obviously nothing close to Lionel's production. I've gotten I think 6 or 7 legit paintings and 4 fakes from Groucho, and 2 legit, 1 fake from Muffy. But Lionel has given me 28 legit paintings and 6 fakes, so there's clearly a HUGE gap there. I wonder what affects it. Friendship level? Good/bad fortune? Randomness? Probably that last one, but it's still kind of interesting.

Edit: make that 3 legit, 1 fake from Muffy :p

Linius

So since my first island trip with the Cabana chair I'm just to fed up with it to keep trying. If there is anyone with a cabana chair, I'd love to trade it. I have a spare Cabana bed and a golden bed. And I have bells if that is what you desire.

To be fair, Julian has never given me a painting once. And I chat with him all the time since the day he moved in. Fulfill his requests and stuff. The method works better for some people than for other people.

Frank, one of my three cranky villagers is the only one who sold me paintings. One legit and one fake.

Unicorns don't do paintings. They do mythical things. Lionel is an actor. Actors have money. They buy paintings and have a lot of them in their secret basements.

Game of Thrones TV show/A Song of Fire and Ice books.

Oh, ok, it's quite popular it looks like. Luckily you see people names before their townnames, cause otherwise I would be in the wrong town constantly, I think...

Flipyap

I would appreciate it if anyone could open their gate and let me bother their villagers for a few signatures.
You see, the Poppy I picked up from here turned out to be VERY passionate about nuts. So, now I have to write "going nuts for nuts" into law, or... something.

I've received the following paintings

Kyle: 3 real, 1 fake
Deirdre: 4 real, 2 fake

I've only used Niraj's method on Deirdre so far (Kyle's been sick) and that was working with her for about 15 minutes as I was only carrying 25,000 Bells and didn't want to run to the bank.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I've received the following paintings

Kyle: 3 real, 1 fake
Deirdre: 4 real, 2 fake

I've only used Niraj's method on Deirdre so far (Kyle's been sick) and that was only working with her for about 15 minutes as I was only carrying 25,000 Bells and did't want to run to the bank.

Yeah, I mean, honestly, I know it SOUNDS like I do this shit like 24/7, but the amount of time I've expended towards this is about as small as my attention

MicH

tumblr_mqx9wkewx11qa25kqo1_250.jpg
tumblr_mqxal8PQyL1qa25kqo1_250.jpg

Weeping with joy, GAF. Tomorrow, I start replacing ugly yellow benches with gorgeous metal ones for my villagers to completely ignore. And who needs nice paths when I've got Lolly?

tumblr_mqxaopVsEQ1qa25kqo1_250.jpg
tumblr_mqxaopVsEQ1qa25kqo2_250.jpg

Bruce barged in while I was running out to my first Gracie fashion check. He gave me candy and said I fascinate him. I passed with this horrendous outfit but she's kind of terrifying. She yelled at me and made me do it over because my shoes were wrong. :(

And it took days but the lemon slices have worked wonders on my tan.
Lolly is the cutest ever! I have her as well and she is ADORABLE!

My dream villagers are slowly coming together. Once Rodney finally leaves, Marshal will take his place. Then I just need Wendy to GTFO so I can get a cranky villager (really want Static or Chief).

Linius

Oh, ok, it's quite popular it looks like. Luckily you see people names before their townnames, cause otherwise I would be in the wrong town constantly, I think...

In this thread it's only Garland and me I think? Well I claimed Westeros in the friend sheet in the OP. I wanted Riverrun but somebody else already had that :(

EDIT

Spotpass get!!! :D :D

Levi

Banned
I always put my premium coffee in the flea market for 7999 and it always sells that same day. Helps that I'm in and out of retail constantly, since I'm always customizing stuff.

Garland, you're not showing up open for me. :( Did you perchance only open for Best Friends?

SeZMehK

Yeah, I mean, honestly, I know it SOUNDS like I do this shit like 24/7, but the amount of time I've expended towards this is about as small as my attention

Damn, I missed this method of obtaining paintings. Anyone wants to inform me? :D

Garland7G

I always put my premium coffee in the flea market for 7999 and it always sells that same day. Helps that I'm in and out of retail constantly, since I'm always customizing stuff.

Garland, you're not showing up open for me. :( Did you perchance only open for Best Friends?

I'll reopen em

In this thread it's only Garland and me I think? Well I claimed Westeros in the friend sheet in the OP. I wanted Riverrun but somebody else already had that :(

EDIT

Spotpass get!!! :D :D

Nice. :D

Well, I met someone at an international Island of my country and added him in my friendslist and he also has that townname. So yeah...

I keep watering my villagers whenever they ping me and I've got the can in my hand. :/

Lolly is the cutest ever! I have her as well and she is ADORABLE!

She really is. I invited her from someone else's town. Just like Bunnie, I couldn't care less where she parked her house.

I know they're around for a couple of months, but can anyone confirm that petaltail dragonflies are 5-7pm? Because I haven't seen a single thing in the air during those hours.

Busaiku

Samson is finally leaving, yes!
If only he was gone a week ago...

ANKHA COULD'VE BEEN IN MY TOWN
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Philia

Okay guys. We've just almost 100%ed our shoes and socks catalog! The ONLY available sock we have NOT have cataloged for either of us is the white stocking!

Anyone who has this, I beg you to let me catalog it or buy it from you! :)

Elija2

Does anyone still even use the friend code sheet? Seems like kind of a shame that you couldn't use the town name that you wanted just because someone else on GAF already took it.

I know they're around for a couple of months, but can anyone confirm that petaltail dragonflies are 5-7pm? Because I haven't seen a single thing in the air during those hours.

Yes, me too. :( Not one. :(

I think I gonna give up for today for Island hopping. Only mermaid stuff keeps popping up, could have 3 full sets by now... :( Not gonna keep burning bells for that... Beach table will be for another day...

Somebody has Katie to drop off in my town?

Philia

I can confirm this. I've not seen one all day and BAM as soon as 6 clock rolled around and Niraj messaged me, that thing just flew right by!

OMG HOW DID I MISS THIS. LET ME IN. LIKE YESTERDAY! <3333333333

Garland7G

Does anyone still even use the friend code sheet? Seems like kind of a shame that you couldn't use the town name that you wanted just because someone else on GAF already took it.

I don't use the friend sheet though I prolly should. I originally wanted King's Landing but it wouldn't fit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom