• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACE 1991

So I bought a 3ds XL on ebay brand new for $166 with free shipping, couldn't pass up that good of a deal. Is there anyone with an extra copy of the game that they wouldn't mind giving me to me using the registration promotion? I'm pretty short on cash at the moment and can't really afford much for the system at the moment, but I couldn't pass up a new 3ds at that price.

Does anyone have 3 spare blue hydrangea I can buy? Or trade for 3 pinks?

I only need three to finish my work in that part of town. I'll gladly give 30k for each

Yeah, I have three. 1590-4796-0038. I'll take the cash. (Or a lawn mower or sprinkler if you have them)

Flipyap

I really can't believe that they would force anyone who cares about their town's layout (you know, the main theme of this particular enhanced port of a Nintendo 64 game) to start every day by going through the process of making a new dummy character and patrolling the town to make sure that something didn't place a construction site in the middle of their garden.

...and now a villager I was going to let go did the whole "I'm moving out. On second thought, I'm staying" thing. So I guess my town is now locked in the same state for the rest of the month as I spend each day doing chores, hoping that watering all these stupid flowers will eventually restore some of the grass and my town will stop looking like crap.

Why does this game have to be so... Nintendo.

SmithnCo

I really can't believe that they would force anyone who cares about their town's layout (you know, the main theme of this particular enhanced port of a Nintendo 64 game) to start every day by going through the process of making a new dummy character and patrolling the town to make sure that something didn't place a construction site in the middle of their garden.

...and now a villager I was going to let go did the whole "I'm moving out. On second thought, I'm staying" thing. So I guess my town is now locked in the same state for the rest of the month as I spend each day doing chores, hoping that watering all these stupid flowers will eventually restore some of the grass and my town will stop looking like crap.

Why does this game have to be so... Nintendo.

At least you can reset to get them to change their mind, but of course Resetti will attack you if you built his thing.

I guess there is charm to having the animals randomly place houses, but any charm in that is destroyed when they decide to move in over paths and flowers. For the next game I hope they expand the public works idea and let you make actual paths that villagers can't move in over, and also maybe let you set residential areas where you would like villagers to move. Would remove a lot of the headache.

MicH

Yeah, I have three. 1590-4796-0038. I'll take the cash. (Or a lawn mower or sprinkler if you have them)
Thank you! I don't have the two items, but will gladly pay you. My FC is 2836-0194-8979

I added you. If you open your gates I'll be right there

Elija2

He'll never be far! :D Well, as long as the Internet is around. :/

That fact makes his heart-felt sendoff a lot less special.

m6xcuSf.jpg
fp7tnJI.jpg

gmeOel4.jpg
B4TJrxK.jpg

fmncxR0.jpg
lWLjlAA.jpg

zMIWd02.jpg
3FsALOJ.jpg

tumblr_mrsnkfHHH01qa25kqo1_250.jpg
tumblr_mrsnkfHHH01qa25kqo2_250.jpg

I think unicorns are more progressive than horses.

tumblr_mrsnlswOYb1qa25kqo1_250.jpg

She's talking about a Mama Panda Bear. And I'm slightly concerned because I'm not sure what she means.

Nope, the only frog villagers I have so far are Henry and Prince. Hoping I get Lily real soon, she's my most wanted frog right now. I'm going to end up with 4 frog jocks, they're all so cool! :<

I have Cousteau hanging around the other place if you want him. I think he's my favorite of the frogs I've seen so far. He even speaks French.

Flipyap

At least you can reset to get them to change their mind, but of course Resetti will attack you if you built his thing.

I guess there is charm to having the animals randomly place houses, but any charm in that is destroyed when they decide to move in over paths and flowers. For the next game I hope they expand the public works idea and let you make actual paths that villagers can't move in over, and also maybe let you set residential areas where you would like villagers to move. Would remove a lot of the headache.
Random house placement was acceptable in previous versions because you were never supposed to feel like you're in control of the town. This time you're the mayor, but end up feeling just as powerless.

The part I find really baffling is allowing for random house placement while at the same placing an insane number of restrictions around public works projects, including wait times for randomized suggestions. Even doing the reset trick to get an inoffensive house placement, I ended up screwing myself out of some public work project locations.
I can understand that they could somehow not become aware of people's desire to place paths, but to sabotage the main new feature...?

Koomaster

Random house placement was acceptable in previous versions because you were never supposed to feel like you're in control of the town. This time you're the mayor, but end up feeling just as powerless.

The part I find really baffling is allowing for random house placement while at the same placing an insane number of restrictions around public works projects, including wait times for randomized suggestions. Even doing the reset trick to get an inoffensive house placement, I ended up screwing myself out of some public work project locations.
I can understand that they could somehow not become aware of people's desire to place paths, but to sabotage the main new feature...?
In a way the housing is worse in this game. Older games would have signposts randomly placed around town and you knew not to plant flowers or trees nearby since they were basically markers where a potential villager house would be built.

Now it's like the wild west, houses popping up in flower beds, in front of bridges, or in front of the mayor's mansion. C'mon now!

While I love being mayor in this game, I have always basically wanted to be Tom Nook. A new villager has to come to me and I'll lead them to a nice location where we can build their house. They pay me some monthly rent or randomly come to me and ask for renovations. Ah, that would be nice!

Elija2

No! Don't think that way... just remember... you will always be his first. :)

True. He even said I could visit him anytime I want.

bKRNcMU.jpg

Prepare to have your gate open 24/7. You woudn't reject Barold's wishes, would you?

Also, I wonder if he'll still have the Tom Nook vest when he moves into your town.

Colin.

So I bought a 3ds XL on ebay brand new for $166 with free shipping, couldn't pass up that good of a deal. Is there anyone with an extra copy of the game that they wouldn't mind giving me to me using the registration promotion? I'm pretty short on cash at the moment and can't really afford much for the system at the moment, but I couldn't pass up a new 3ds at that price.

Pretty much everyone I know with a 3DS already has the game, so you can have mine. I'm from the UK, but I believe the codes can be used anywhere.

Perfect peaches are the premium item today at my Re-tail so if anyone wants to sell let me know at some point today.

That would be great, I don't have too many, so I wouldn't take long. FC: 3007-9448-6294

Philia

Huh. Perfect Cherries are premium in my game. Native fruit is peach. I THINK Phillia wanted to dump her cherries? Cannot remember.

Awesome. Yes, I do have some perfect cherries to offload. I need to add you. :) Pming you my FC and I need to know what's your timezone. Because I'll need to come back later after I harvest my husband's town again.

I've found your FC earlier in the page, so you're added already. :)

Koomaster

Also, I wonder if he'll still have the Tom Nook vest when he moves into your town.
Yes he will. When Olaf moved to my town he had a custom made shirt and told me who designed it and where it was from. He even remembers his old town's tune and whistles it to me every once in a while.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Haha. I kinda wanna make all my frog villagers have pet frogs, so it looks funny. Is that weird? :eek:

I gave Flurry a hamster cage :/ it was funny until she commented on how she didn't know how to feel about keeping them in captivity

Elija2

Yes he will. When Olaf moved to my town he had a custom made shirt and told me who designed it and where it was from. He even remembers his old town's tune and whistles it to me every once in a while.

That's cool. I figured that since you can't give people furniture customized with a pattern that villagers wouldn't keep custom shirts when they move. I guess Barold won't be keeping it for too long though.

Eugene is weird.

One day he complained about letting a blue marlin get away and asked me for one, even though he had one in his house. So I got him another one.

Days later, he complains about the blue marlin being boring and wants something to replace it.

It's also funny when a villager gets a lava lamp and turns off their lights.

I gave Flurry a hamster cage :/ it was funny until she commented on how she didn't know how to feel about keeping them in captivity

There's a whole layer of metaphor sitting on this caged hamster situation... WHY WON'T YOU LET FLURRY LEAVE, ARE YOU SOME KIND OF MONSTER?

Perfect peaches Retail still available? And peach isn't native fruit?

That would be great, I don't have too many, so I wouldn't take long. FC: 3007-9448-6294

Yep, native pears. I'll add you both and open up in a minute. FC is in my profile.

Awesome. Yes, I do have some perfect cherries to offload. I need to add you. :) Pming you my FC and I need to know what's your timezone. Because I'll need to come back later after I harvest my husband's town again.

I've found your FC earlier in the page, so you're added already. :)

Eastern time. Re-tail closes at 11 PM.

True. He even said I could visit him anytime I want.

bKRNcMU.jpg

Prepare to have your gate open 24/7. You woudn't reject Barold's wishes, would you?

Haha! I don't usually leave it 24/7 but you have access to me whenever I'm on. I'll gladly open.

And oh man... I hope so. I love how he looks in it!

Chopper

I added you. Like I said, I should be on tonight around 8:30 ET as well. I'll open my gates (Town = Rockford)

Mine is: 5284-1417-3375

Added too
Are you still accepting visitors?

Edit: How terminal or dangerous is it to start a second player. I've decided I need an alt, and have a very specific spot where I want his house. How easy is that to determine? I have completely forgotten the beginning of the game in that respect...

And how will it effect my ability to do the reset trick to move neighbours?

Edit: How terminal or dangerous is it to start a second player. I've decided I need an alt, and have a very specific spot where I want his house. How easy is that to determine? I have completely forgotten the beginning of the game in that respect...

And how will it effect my ability to do the reset trick to move neighbours?

You can choose your house location in the beginning sequence with Nook in the same way you choose PWP locations with Isabelle. The only stipulation with the reset trick is that you'll have to create another alt to delete should you want to try moving around house plots when neighbors move in assuming you're keeping a permanent alt.

Philia

Downsides of having an alt. Your villagers will talk about your shit house. If you leave it abandoned long enough (without Beautiful Town on), you'll have cockroaches. If you destroy your alt's house, it'll leave behind a huge spot of instant grass wear.

Upsides of an alt. You got more carrying space. IE turnips or perfect fruit runs. Keep in mind your alt has to drop the money for your main to deposit though... pain in the ass that is still. Your alt's house works double the space for all the furniture sets you want to keep. IE those unorderable sets (bug furniture, katie items, Gracie's etc etc). Your alt's house also works as a large spot to prevent villagers from moving onto or to close near it. IE you want to protect that burg for the lighthouse but you don't have the PWP yet? Put it there so you can place the lighthouse after you demolish your alt's house conveniently. Your alt's house can work as a bulldozer for any pwp too except the exceptions of course (station, cafe, etc).

Linius

Nintendo Holland is organising some sort of community event at their HQ for New Leaf. Think I'll try to go there, if alone for the sake of filling that HHA showcase a little. There a bit vague about what they're gonna do exactly though. Oh well, it's also a good oppurtunity to see their local HQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom