• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
She's joking about how he said thrusting instead of trusting. That's the thing that's going on there.

Ow, well yeah, my english isn't that good. :)

@mich, give me some more time, almost everything is there, but I have to lay paths too, so. Half an hour tops?

Chopper

I don't know why you'd be getting errors guys. I know at least one person was successful. Anyway, I've rebooted my system and reopened my gates. Try again!

woen

Hey

Do I really need to have less than 200 trees to get the perfect town ? (according to IGN)

I've got : Flower Arch, 5 benches, 3 bridges, Police station, café, Resetti center, fenced area, Windmill, japanese garden, well, lighthouse, campground, the fire with logs, street light...

Thanks

MicH

Thanks Chopper, it seems to be working now

Hey

Do I really need to have less than 200 trees to get the perfect town ? (according to IGN)

I've got : Flower Arch, 5 benches, 3 bridges, Police station, café, Resetti center, fenced area, Windmill, japanese garden, well, lighthouse, campground, the fire with logs, street light...

Thanks
Yep, you need less than 200 trees.

Ellix

Oh man, awesome cataloguing going on! But since I'm back at 9 villagers I'm on a self-imposed wifi-prohibition for a while, so hopefully I'll be able to get in on the action some other day. : (

Another fun thing for you guys to do, apparently the official Prima player's guide lists each villager's "Best Skill" and their "Goal Career", which are copied onto this site.
EDIT: Dang, I noticed a few transcription errors. If their skill and goal is the exact same as the villager above them, it's probably wrong =\

For my current New Leaf villagers:

Deirdre - Tiptoeing - Journalist
Genji - Subsistence living - Politician
Gruff - Staying up late (I can attest to this) - Musician
Marina - Tongue twisters - Pharmacist
Marshal - Mental math - Designer
Merry - Vaulting - Figure skater
Pashmina - Eating frequently (...) - Pro golfer
Victoria - Playing horseshoes (lol) - Marathon runner
Whitney - Typing - Makeup artist

I have newfound respect for Marina seeing as we share the same career paths ;)

Also as a warning, a few of the villagers have "Mayor" as their goal career, so I'd be especially wary around them...

MicH

Thanks Michael! Awesome town. Love the white leather shoes.

Chopper, still haven't dreamed of your town, but going to soon.
You're welcome! Glad to hear you like the shoes. They go with the white leather pants and the white tuxedo jacket. Great outfit. I think Marvie is wearing the outfit, or at least he was a few days ago :D

My town is slowly coming together. The area around Beau is almost complete (just need him to get his fat ass out of here). I have found a place to put the picnic blanket and stone henge (ones I get it) as well. Pretty happy with that.

EDIT: Man that's cool, Ellix. OF COURSE Beau's career goal is mayor. GET OUT OF MY TOWN

EDIT2: Holy shit Flurry's career goal is to be a SUPERHERO! Newfound respect for that little furball

woen

One more question : Do palm trees count as trees ? I've got a beach with plenty of them. (and no more axes to destroy my town) Thanks

MicH

One more question : Do palm trees count as trees ? I've got a beach with plenty of them. (and no more axes to destroy my town) Thanks
Yes they do. That's how I keep being able to maintain perfect town status as my town is completely tree-less lol :p

Just make sure to only thrust with those you trust.

o9vGfJa.jpg

Elija2

Another fun thing for you guys to do, apparently the official Prima player's guide lists each villager's "Best Skill" and their "Goal Career", which are copied onto this site.

That's neat. I don't think they ever mention it in the game though so it's kinda useless information. They'll mention some random person they dreamed about last night but they'll never mention their dream job.

Ellix

That's neat. I don't think they ever mention it in the game though so it's kinda useless information. They'll mention some random person they dreamed about last night but they'll never mention their dream job.

Yeah it's too bad. It would've been cool if they mention something like it when you get to high friendship. I'm not even sure if it's an official thing or the player's guide just made them up for fun.

At the very least, if you wanted some inspiration on what to decorate a villager's home with maybe this could be useful.

Philia

LMAO. Barold (Barry) is computing and goal is programmer. I KNEW IT. XD

Meanwhile, Lolly is getting my respect for wanting to be a chef. :3

Colton... be a model? Don't make me laugh! XD

Caroline... volleyball player? WHAT. :\

Marshal... Mental math skill and to be a designer. Awesome. :3

Margie to be a pastry chef. :3 <3

Tia to be a dentist. Cool.

Molly wants to be a florist. :3 I need to get her!

woen

Yes they do. That's how I keep being able to maintain perfect town status as my town is completely tree-less lol :p

Ok so I need at least 15 axes to cut down almost all my trees, then wait to have the perfect town and keep it for 2 weeks and then replant my trees. Mission accepted. Thanks for the help.

I've come back exhausted from a very fun local StreetPass meet; got the silver StreetPass badge too : D

Earlier today, I tried the new villager trick to check if Olivia's house was being somewhere stupid. First time, her house was too close to my picnic basket, so reset.

Second time I almost crapped my pants because I couldn't find Olivia's house after scouring my town. For a moment I thought I had lost her to the reset void or something. Turns out her house was just hidden behind a small orchid of trees...

Samurai Wig
Stagehand Hat
Diver's Hood
Topknot Wig
Flashy Flower Sign
Shogi Piece
Kokeshi Doll

Can I come and catalog the Japanese items when you have time?

I got interested after scoring a New Year's noodles and MicH's two random Japanese DLC items.

Jesus, not a single item from the Gracie set at Gracie's shop today :/

Let me know if you wanna come over

Haha, good thing I wasn't available today.

BTW, how's your freebie pile doing? I have 9 or 10 items I can add, but I don't want to make the pile bloated.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Does anyone have any good turnip rates? I forgot about my turnips and need to get rid of them

MicH

Haha, good thing I wasn't available today.

BTW, how's your freebie pile doing? I have 9 or 10 items I can add, but I don't want to make the pile bloated.
Most of it has been taken, thankfully, but I think I'm gonna pack everything back soon as most have cafalogged the stuff already. I say make a freebie pile in your town too :D

Most of it has been taken, thankfully, but I think I'm gonna pack everything back soon as most have cafalogged the stuff already. I say make a freebie pile in your town too :D

Ah, okay, that's cool.

My town doesn't get enough visitors to warrant a freebie pile : P

Elija2

Bob wants to be a detective. He has a whole other side I never knew about.

LMAO. Barold (Barry) is computing and goal is programmer. I KNEW IT. XD

What was your first hint? Was it the massive servers he has in his room, the laptop, or the sleeping bad signifying that he has horrible work hours?

I hate you :mad:

Opposite day

Back at ya, R. I'm so pleased Wheelhoss posted that. If only to publicly expose your deviant ways.

Congratulations on Boomer's announcement. :) My offer still stands if you need it. Just be careful about who picks him up lest you end up with another Annalisa.

Niraj

Annalisa's skill is waking up early and she wants to be an astronaut. Wish she would get up before I turned the game on and blasted off into space, returning to her home planet.

Groucho is skilled at typing and wants to be a teacher. I could see him hating all of his students.

Sparro's seems to be incorrect for skills, but wants to be a musician. Makes sense for the chirpy bastard, though he'd probably try to bench press a piano and get crushed to death.

Drago can blow bubbles (big whoop) and wants to be...a pilot? Maybe some sort of flying dragon reference sort of thing.

Flurry is good at peeling apples and wants to be a superhero. You'll always be MY hero, Flurry.

Lionel is good at drawing circles and wants to be a professor. Makes sense for such a distinguished dude.

Tammi is good at making puns (a girl after my own heart) and wants to be an artist.

Boomer is good at oversleeping (-_-) and also wants to be a pilot, which is obvious based on his clothes and house.

Rhonda is good at making crafts and wants to be a writer. I bet her novels would be snoozefests, much like she is.

Muffy is skilled at playing poker (ugh, I like playing poker too :( ) and wants to be a dermatologist. First step for her is to diagnose what's wrong with her face.

Okay, people

Here are the sets I have on the beach now, I seperated them with a nice path :) to make it easier so the sets will stay together:

From the left to the right:

Gorgeous
Insect
Flower
7/11
Mermaid
Sweets
Gracie
Birthday
Mush
Cardboard
Princess
Fish
Card
Snowman
Zodiac
Cabana
Pavé
Egg
Ice
Sloppy

NOTE: non of these are orderable, (perhaps maybe some floors and walls), so this is only for filling up your catalogue fast. You still will have to obtain them yourself.

And some Japanse only ingame shop items that are orderable;

Samurai Wig
Kintaro Wig
Topknow Wig
Ogre's Wig
Girl's Day Updo
Emperor's Cap
Diver's Hood
Stagehand Hat
Kokeshi Doll
Flashy Flower Sign
Shogi Piece

I'm still missing the sushi plate and the tokonoma, so if I could catalogue these from someone, would appreciate it. :)

Korean orderable DLC

Massage Chair

Random others I have:

Skeleton Hood
Red Team Cap

Now I'll open for people, but I'll do it in batches. Fear not, if you don't get in today, there will be another time. I'm not going to pick them all up again and remove them from the beach each time, it took a lot of time to do so, so I will not be doing it in a while.

When I open the gate, you wait at the station till everyone got in or till I closed the gate, (closing the gate is for preventing disconnects) and we go together to the beach where you can start cataloging. If you're done, you wait till the others have done also, so I can end it for everyone at the same moment.

Now, who is interested and in which sets, so I can make a list and start inviting.

MicH

Yeah, I find that everytime someone comes and picks up one of the animals in my TT town I get their move-out lol. Also happens when I grab some of them to my main town, I get the move out

OH KAMI :D

I'm interested in:

Gorgeous
Mermaid
Sweets
Birthday
Mush
Cardboard
Snowman
Pavé
Egg
Ice

Samurai Wig
Kintaro Wig
Topknow Wig
Ogre's Wig
Diver's Hood
Stagehand Hat
Kokeshi Doll
Flashy Flower Sign
Shogi Piece

Korean orderable DLC

Random others I have:

Skeleton Hood

Hansel

Banned
I have a Sloppy Wall, Sloppy Bed and Cardboard Table that I'd love to trade for any cardboard furniture besides the table.
PM me if you can help me with this! Please and thank you.

Koren

Ok so I need at least 15 axes to cut down almost all my trees, then wait to have the perfect town and keep it for 2 weeks and then replant my trees. Mission accepted. Thanks for the help.
You have far more than 200? that's quite impressive.

You can also probably ask someone with a golden axe to come axing the trees you don't want. I'm not available myself right now, but maybe other are, and if you don't find anyone, I'm available probably tomorrow around the same time and next week...

Yeah, I find that everytime someone comes and picks up one of the animals in my TT town I get their move-out lol. Also happens when I grab some of them to my main town, I get the move out

Me, too. :) But at least I can safely pull my discards in there so they don't get spread around to my friends.

Now, who is interested and in which sets, so I can make a list and start inviting.

Can I please come for the reorderable items?

Oh and cabana because I'm too lazy to collect it : P

FC's in my profile ^^

EDIT

Is the massage chair Korea exclusive? I thought I saw one in T.I.Y, unless it's a different one.

Niraj

Back at ya, R. I'm so pleased Wheelhoss posted that. If only to publicly expose your deviant ways.

Congratulations on Boomer's announcement. :) My offer still stands if you need it. Just be careful about who picks him up lest you end up with another Annalisa.

I appreciate that. We'll chat further about it at some point :)

OH KAMI :D

I'm interested in:

Gorgeous
Mermaid
Sweets
Birthday
Mush
Cardboard
Snowman
Pavé
Egg
Ice

Samurai Wig
Kintaro Wig
Topknow Wig
Ogre's Wig
Diver's Hood
Stagehand Hat
Kokeshi Doll
Flashy Flower Sign
Shogi Piece

Korean orderable DLC

Random others I have:

Skeleton Hood

Can I please come for the reorderable items?

FC's in my profile ^^

Ok, you two can come. I will add you Aveyn, just a moment.

FC is 4554 0230 3215. Town Petville

I'll open the gate for you two and will them close them after you two.

Fffff... Sorry, my internet is being stupid today.

I thought it was just the signal being bad, so I stood right next to my router. But still got an error.

Can I come after MicH's done? I don't want to be a burden...

Also, I don't have any leaving villagers : )

Yeah, wth, disconnect...

Okay, let's try again.

Fffff... Sorry, my internet is being stupid today.

I thought it was just the signal being bad, so I stood right next to my router. But still got an error.

Can I come after MicH's done? I don't want to be a burden...

Also, I don't have any leaving villagers : )

Okay, np. You can come after Mich. :)

Mich, gate is open.

braves01

Banned
Can I catalog the Zodiac set? Don't have time to play Animal Crossing for over a decade to get everything and TT is against my moral code. :p

Ok, you two can come. I will add you Aveyn, just a moment.

FC is 4554 0230 3215. Town Petville

I'll open the gate for you two and will them close them after you two.

I want to catalogue all reorderable stuff, and maybe a few sets. I do have some in catalog already so I'm not sure how many.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom