• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my tarantula! And dubbed him Niraj since he was sending me messages at the same time. I walked around a corner and it was just sitting there on the path. :)

tumblr_ms29932QCy1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Frogstep

I put my campsite in the north-west corner of my map. I surrounded it with cedar trees so it actually looks like it's in the middle of a forest. Of course, I put my cafe right in front of it for some reason.

The coffee is so good that people just camp right outside to be first in line.

Finally got my tarantula! And dubbed him Niraj since he was sending me messages at the same time. I walked around a corner and it was just sitting there on the path. :)

Haha. Congrats on the grab! :)

Elija2

Posting again that I have the sanshin for sale on my island for 40 medals. It's a rare item so if anyone wants to come and buy one just let me know.

The coffee is so good that people just camp right outside to be first in line.

Well, it does get a lot of out-of-town customers. My campsite itself has been empty for a while though.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.

How sweet. Now it's like we're always together. You in your lovely town and home, and me, off in a corner where nobody sees me in an eternal struggle against an unbeatable foe. When art imitates life I guess.

Elija2

Completely forgot about K.K. night. Walked into Club LOL to listen to DJ K.K. for a bit and I notice he's there with his guitar. It loses it's importance when you already have almost all of his songs.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The non bunny villagers are starting to catch on to my hostility...It's sad the things they try to do to get on my good side.
UFzHhy5.jpg

Nice try Skye! You still have to pay the tax.

Frogstep

The non bunny villagers are starting to catch on to my hostility...It's sad the things they try to do to get on my good side.
UFzHhy5.jpg

Haha, I've got a similar thing going on in my town. Two of the non-frogs I want to move out are wearing frog shirts to try and blend in.

Elija2

UFzHhy5.jpg

That's hilarious. I love the animal shirts because the wrong animals always end up wearing them.

Chopper

First of all . . . Buckland. Neighboring town of Bywater in the Shire. Guessing you're one of the only people who might have gotten the reference. Awesome stuff.

Really don't have that much to criticize. Overall, probably the most comfortable town I've visited. Great balance between paths (natural) and an organic forest look. I really don't like paths. I just think they never look natural graphically. But whatever.

Only critique is probably move some PWPs where some of the hybrid beds are. The PWPs seem pushed off to the side a little (zen garden, streetlight, from what I remember). Seems like you have enough hybrids and could feature your PWPs a little better.

Definitely feels like Buckland could be one town over Bywater. Good work!
First of all . . . That is the first time I have seen that reference. Just Googled it. An awesome coincidence, as Buckland is named after my dog, Buckley.

So, you found my sweet new Hot Spring campsite area by the waterfall, complete with matching heart stump stools. That PWP will be a Tower in the morning. Best campsite ever.

But yeah, I have a lot of plans for incorporating PWPs in the future. I just need them unlocked! And of course, in the meantime, the priority for my beds is to produce hybrids at the moment. The day will come when I have a Stonehenge and a Zen Bell surrounded by blue roses and purple pansies, but in the meantime, my town has to be a "efficient" as possible.

I'm really happy with the way my natural paths have turned out. There is some OTT grass wear towards the south of my town, but I am working on restoring that. They are less restrictive than patterned paths, and truthfully I am yet to see a pattern that looks perfect, especially considering the limitations that come with using your own designs. Bushes can help control that, but as you can see, this new-fangled shrubbery is not my decor of choice. I'm pleased you like it.

I just sat under my tree for the second time since I unlocked the ability. 34 visits?! Is that all? Amazing. I'm not sure I'll ever unlock the station redesign!

Uh huh, that's the plan! I'm going to be getting Cousteau from BPB whenever I make room, but so far I have a grand total of 2... 2 frogs.
It's still a work in progress. :<

Oh, it's on! I'm ahead of you by 1 frog. Jeremiah, Cousteau, and Puddles. Only I'm now I'm stagnating because O'Hare pulled this little troll maneuver and told me he was leaving on the 26th and I responded with "OK, thanks," and then he says he'll stay instead because we're supposed to be best buds or some crap.

Frogstep

He's really cute. I've liked having him here. One of my favorite jocks. :)

I'm glad he's in good company. :)
Now if only someone here would tell me they're leaving so I can bring him over.

Oh, it's on! I'm ahead of you by 1 frog. Jeremiah, Cousteau, and Puddles. Only I'm now I'm stagnating because O'Hare pulled this little troll maneuver and told me he was leaving on the 26th and I responded with "OK, thanks," and then he says he'll stay instead because we're supposed to be best buds or some crap.

Haha. I've got Cousteau and Ribbot waiting to be picked up, so I should be up to 4 in a few weeks. Really hoping Lily is the next frog to move in after those 2.

I'm glad he's in good company. :)
Now if only someone here would tell me they're leaving so I can bring him over.

Haha. I've got Cousteau and Ribbot waiting to be picked up, so I should be up to 4 in a few weeks. Really hoping Lily is the next frog to move in after those 2.

I'd like Henry, Camofrog, and Lily. Ribbot would be great but not until after Tank leaves, mostly because jock villagers are the worst and I don't think I could handle having 3 of them in my town at the same time, although the idea of a completely vain robotic frog sounds pretty amusing.

Why do I have to grind for public works projects? Can't Nintendo release a patch that adds one to your list weekly or something? There are like 50 that I still want and I haven't had a suggestion in forever.

Why do I have to grind for public works projects? Can't Nintendo release a patch that adds one to your list weekly or something? There are like 50 that I still want and I haven't had a suggestion in forever.

That's so weird I get 1 everyday. Way more than I can ever build now, and having to demolish everyday to make new ones. Good-bye Rack of Rice. It was good to know you!

That's so weird I get 1 everyday. Way more than I can ever build now, and having to demolish everyday to make new ones. Good-bye Rack of Rice. It was good to know you!

Is it dependant on friendship with villagers? It's been over a month since I got suggested a project. I only play for an hour a day now and don't really out of my way to help anyone or write letters.

Every time someone runs up to me, it's to ask for a new catchphrase or to sell me some crappy piece of furniture. I'm so frustrated.

Elija2

Is it dependant on friendship with villagers? It's been over a month since I got suggested a project. I only play for an hour a day now and don't really out of my way to help anyone or write letters.

Every time someone runs up to me, it's to ask for a new catchphrase or to sell me some crappy piece of furniture. I'm so frustrated.

I don't think it's dependent on friendship with villagers. There is a method for grinding PWP suggestions but it's kind of tedious. Basically fill your inventory with seashells or bells or anything that you can't trade to a villager. Then hide somewhere out of their site for approximately 5 minutes. This will trigger the next villager that sees you to run up to you. You won't always get a PWP suggestion though so you gotta keep doing it until you get one. You can only get 1 PWP suggestion per day. The game has been out for over 70 days so there are probably some people that have them all.

Gold watering can get! :D (First time ever in an Animal Crossing.)

Got another villager pic today too, but it was a duplicate. Cube just really loves me. <3

Oh, and Dierdre is finally moving (again), I won't screw it up this time.

I've tried grinding and it rarely works. I think friendships might have some weird part in it. Tia just gave me her pic and she cant stop requesting.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I never grind either, just kind of happens. Lionel was the first villager to see me when I loaded my game in the morning and he suggested a Sphinx. Sometimes I don't get anything til night, sometimes it's catchphrase changing or other dumb shit *shrugs*

TrickRoom

So many people with perfect towns... Mine keeps bobbing between"so-so" and "can only go up from here". What kind of tips can you give on improving the town condition? I just want to get that gold watering can and a few Jacob ladders before clearing out nuking the town with flowers.

Elija2

So many people with perfect towns... Mine keeps bobbing between"so-so" and "can only go up from here". What kind of tips can you give on improving the town condition? I just want to get that gold watering can and a few Jacob ladders before clearing out nuking the town with flowers.

What does Isabelle tell you when you ask about your town satisfaction rating? If she says there aren't enough public works projects, build more (note that some projects will actually negatively impact your town rating). If she says that your town needs more greenery, plant more flowers and trees (not too many trees though, I believe if you have over 200 you won't get a perfect town rating). Also make sure there isn't any junk on the ground in your town. Fruits and seashells are fine, but don't leave other items out on the ground. Pull all your weeds, too.

TrickRoom

the rating right now is "when it comes to letter writing and town building, I really think that consideration is the key." that sounds cryptic to me... Is it really asking me to write more letters?

Sweet, all Normal and Smug PWP gotten. Only one more Cranky, Lazy & Uchi too.

the rating right now is "when it comes to letter writing and town building, I really think that consideration is the key." that sounds cryptic to me... Is it really asking me to write more letters?
Don't pay attention to the blue text, it's what Isabelle says afterward that's important.

Final basement upgrade today. Here's a tour.
BSfwyYECEAAm_uH.jpg

Right wall is essentially a garage with all my vehicles.
BSfxIBcCcAAlg6h.jpg

Pikmin growing plus game room with virtual boy and gamecube.
BSfxgzCCcAELFVa.jpg

but what's back here?
BSfxtpoCIAAWEmQ.jpg

oh! sorry bro. my bad, my bad
BSfx9v-CQAE2VoT.jpg

Completely forgot about K.K. night. Walked into Club LOL to listen to DJ K.K. for a bit and I notice he's there with his guitar. It loses it's importance when you already have almost all of his songs.

I went in tonight with the thought that I'd request something and he didn't even give me the option. Just told me to go sit my ass in the chair... so I did. Then he busted out K.K. Birthday and I grinned. Completely forgot this was the Saturday before my birthday. :D

Koren

I don't think it's dependent on friendship with villagers. There is a method for grinding PWP suggestions but it's kind of tedious. Basically fill your inventory with seashells or bells or anything that you can't trade to a villager. Then hide somewhere out of their site for approximately 5 minutes. This will trigger the next villager that sees you to run up to you. You won't always get a PWP suggestion though so you gotta keep doing it until you get one. You can only get 1 PWP suggestion per day. The game has been out for over 70 days so there are probably some people that have them all.
You don't have to hide for PWP grinding. At all. Just avoid speaking to villagers, and you'll get on '!' conversation precisely each 5 minutes. I've doing this for weeks now, it's dead easy.

In fact, each 5 minutes, a character get a '!' flag, and it's just a matter of walking in front of him. So do anything you want in your town (gardening, tarentula hunting, wandering or just wait anywhere...) and each 5 minutes, walk in front of all villagers outside in the town.

Just remember that each hour (or so), you have to talk yourself to a villager to get the "you look tired" dialog which prevent the '!' from appearing. But most of the time, you'll get the suggestion far quicker than one hour anyway.

I go for bells in the inventory, because you can fill/empty it anywhere.

You don't have to hide for PWP grinding. At all. Just avoid speaking to villagers, and you'll get on '!' conversation precisely each 5 minutes. I've doing this for weeks now, it's dead easy.

In fact, each 5 minutes, a character get a '!' flag, and it's just a matter of walking in front of him. So do anything you want in your town (gardening, tarentula hunting, wandering or just wait anywhere...) and each 5 minutes, walk in front of all villagers outside in the town.

Just remember that each hour (or so), you have to talk yourself to a villager to get the "you look tired" dialog which prevent the '!' from appearing. But most of the time, you'll get the suggestion far quicker than one hour anyway.

I go for bells in the inventory, because you can fill/empty it anywhere.
I think there's another factor missing from the whole equation. I've tried multiple times to just idle in the town and it rarely results in a surprise conversation. Swimming has been the only thing that's ever reliably gotten me a ! every single time.

I have noticed it happening more frequently if I'm watering flowers or slapping rocks to look for a centipede. So I think there's an element that you have to be doing "something" and treading water kind of fills that role.

Koren

I think there's another factor missing from the whole equation. I've tried multiple times to just idle in the town and it rarely results in a surprise conversation. Swimming has been the only thing that's ever reliably gotten me a ! every single time.

I have noticed it happening more frequently if I'm watering flowers or slapping rocks to look for a centipede. So I think there's an element that you have to be doing "something" and treading water kind of fills that role.
That's strange... Last week, I was grinding by just being idle, and the 5 minutes were precise (I had a timer running).

Are you sure you're walking in front of EACH villagers after the 5 minutes?

That's strange... Last week, I was grinding by just being idle, and the 5 minutes were precise (I had a timer running).

Are you sure you're walking in front of EACH villagers after the 5 minutes?

Oh. I see you're saying that if you walk in front of all of them, one of them will have the surprise ! flag. With swimming, it's absolutely the first one that sees you, allowing you to very specifically target an uchi / snooty / whatever villager if you want a specific public works project.

Koren

Oh. I see you're saying that if you walk in front of all of them, one of them will have the surprise ! flag. With swimming, it's absolutely the first one that sees you, allowing you to very specifically target an uchi / snooty / whatever villager if you want a specific public works project.
I understand better now. Indeed, there's a difference.

If you're really after a specific project, swimming can be a good method assuming it's 100% working with the first villager and you're sneaky enough to find it before any other.

But they were only speeking about PWP grinding, and many people just want more projects (with 1 project a day, you should have gotten all them now!) or projects that can be suggested by everyone, like the police station. They mostly complain having no suggestion at all. I don't think that we should say swimming is mandatory if you want quickly a PWP. Most people would prefer hunting for the missing bugs in their museum or tending their flowers rather that keeping going swinning.

Besides, there's often hours where the number of villagers in the village is down to one or two, so both methods are equivalent (when it's late, only Wolfgang is out in my town, and it's easy to get zen PWP e.g., even if I still miss the bell one T_T )

I think it may work this way:
- if an animal don't see you for 5 minutes, he gets a '!' flag.
- if you don't speak to anyone for 5 minutes, a random animal get a '!' flag
- if you play for more than 1h, you get a 'tired' flag
- if an animal with a '!' flag set sees you and the 'tired' flag is down, you'll get a conversation, which can result in a PWP suggestion
- when you get a '!' conversation, all '!' flags are removed
- you remove the 'tired' flag by talking to any animal

SuperSah

Banned
Final basement upgrade today. Here's a tour.
BSfwyYECEAAm_uH.jpg

Right wall is essentially a garage with all my vehicles.
BSfxIBcCcAAlg6h.jpg

Pikmin growing plus game room with virtual boy and gamecube.
BSfxgzCCcAELFVa.jpg

but what's back here?
BSfxtpoCIAAWEmQ.jpg

oh! sorry bro. my bad, my bad
BSfx9v-CQAE2VoT.jpg

Looking good. Tempting me to start playing again. :lol

I don't think that we should say swimming is mandatory if you want quickly a PWP. Most people would prefer hunting for the missing bugs in their museum or tending their flowers rather that keeping going swinning.

Well my stance has always been that you should just do what you're going to do and save any PWP grinding until you're "done for the day." I just let my character idle for those five minutes while I do chores, read, watch TV, play a different game, whatever. Then I pop out to see if I can get a request and pop back in if I don't.

Perfect town Day 1: Complete
Perfect town Day 2: Complete
Perfect town Day 3: In progress

Maintaining the perfect town for the 2nd day in a row went a little bumpy to say the least. Had two requests that I didn't fulfill so I don't know if it will affect today's rating which I won't know until after the fireworks show is over. Luckily, I have a villager whose birthday is today so I'll be able to stop by and give her a present. Hopefully I won't have requests that require me catching something later today. And this time I'll hold onto my extra perfect cherries in case a villager asks for perfect fruit (which sucks cause I only have one perfect cherry tree)

Maintaining the perfect town for the 2nd day in a row went a little bumpy to say the least. Had two requests that I didn't fulfill so I don't know if it will affect today's rating which I won't know until after the fireworks show is over. Luckily, I have a villager whose birthday is today so I'll be able to stop by and give her a present. Hopefully I won't have requests that require me catching something later today. And this time I'll hold onto my extra perfect cherries in case a villager asks for perfect fruit (which sucks cause I only have one perfect cherry tree)

Fulfilling/not fulfilling requests won't affect your perfect town status. You could ignore your villagers completely just as long as you pull any weeds, don't chop/plant an absurd amount of trees, keep items off the ground before 6 AM (this is the big one), and be careful about building detrimental PWPs. It's pretty easy to retain perfect status as long as you maintain the status quo that got you there.

Philia

Alright, last call. Do anyone want Barold? He's in boxes today. :D Eudaemonic got hers.

Not my photos but gives you an idea. :) He's a Lazy bear cub with a 5oclock shadow and nerdy glasses. His house even sports a lot of office furniture. His dream is to be a programmer!

baroldhome.jpg

tumblr_mp6hpahzyF1snp7sso1_400.jpg

tumblr_mp98zxCPTu1snp7sso1_400.jpg

tumblr_mr6kizQ4AD1sacmroo1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom