• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I catalog the Zodiac set? Don't have time to play Animal Crossing for over a decade to get everything and TT is against my moral code. :p

I want to catalogue all reorderable stuff, and maybe a few sets. I do have some in catalog already so I'm not sure how many.

Sure, np. Aveyn goes after Mich and after that, you two can come. Aveyn has some connection problems so I take him/her apart.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Kamikaze, how long are you going to be doing this today? I'll be home in an hour, hour and a half probably.

Philia

Can I catalog the Zodiac set? Don't have time to play Animal Crossing for over a decade to get everything and TT is against my moral code. :p

Even then, TTers wouldn't want to do it because 12 years... man, you'd lose so many damn villagers too in the process. But yeah lol, I'm glad someone got this set and I don't blame you at all for wanting to catalog this immediately.

Koren

Cool, I'll be on standby.

At least the signal seems to have improved. Had trouble posting or loading pages before >___<
Reboot the router, reboot the 3DS (by actually shutting it off, not sleeping), remove anything using WiFi close, any program using a decent part of your bandwidth, and cross your fingers.

The netcode is awful. Maybe the worse I've ever used. It seems that Resetti comes at the first packet lost or delayed with a limit set quite low.

Kamikaze, how long are you going to be doing this today? I'll be home in an hour, hour and a half probably.

Hmz, I'm not going to make it late today, cause I have to a family visit tomorrow. So, I think an half hour ofso. But tomorrow evening I'm available again.

Reboot the router, reboot the 3DS (by actually shutting it off, not sleeping), remove anything using WiFi close, any program using a decent part of your bandwidth, and cross your fingers.

The netcode is awful. Maybe the worse I've ever used. It seems that Resetti comes at the first packet lost or delayed with a limit set quite low.

Thanks, I'll try that.

It doesn't help my internet itself can be awful sometimes. I think the wires are deteriorating; it gets worse when it rains >___<

Thanks, I'll try that.

It doesn't help my internet itself can be awful sometimes. I think the wires are deteriorating; it gets worse when it rains >___<

Okay, Mich is done.

I'll open the gate for you.

Damn, double post again... :(

Oh, and braves and weemadarthur, you two have no villagers moving?

MicH

Thank you very much for boosting my catalog, Kami :D And that birthday cake gave me a heart attack even after you warned me. WHY would ANYONE eat it :(

Philia

I finally had finished mapping out my town! Accuracy was a bitch and a half.

88WSqMW.png

Backstory, I was googling up on this stupid bush/tree limit thing and came across this mspaint made map that gridded out his town somewhere in the interwebs.

I thought this would be a very good reference for me to use and recolored every tile with a fill tool, I'm sure there's better ways of doing this, but I cannot be assed to measure correctly in MSPaint lol. Surprisingly, his map and mine weren't all that different, so it wasn't all that hard to retile some of the cliff/beach tiles along with the river corrections.

Legend: Black tile is rock, dark green are bushes, white is paths, hot pink is villagers, purple is my houses, gray is pwps.

Here's his map.

http://i.imgur.com/PPzTmQe.png

I'm gonna figure this darn bush/tree limit soon enough and get my bushes all in order.

For those of you that has beach on the right side, try flipping the map horizontally so you can use it for yourself too.

Thank you very much for boosting my catalog, Kami :D And that birthday cake gave me a heart attack even after you warned me. WHY would ANYONE eat it :(

No problem. :) Dunno, but it happens fast, even with a mistake. The person I got the sets from, ate it by mistake after he put all the sets out for duping. So he had to do it all again. So he did the cake first, not to have the same mistake again.

MicH

I finally had finished mapping out my town! Accuracy was a bitch and a half.

Backstory, I was googling up on this stupid bush/tree limit thing and came across this mspaint made map that gridded out his town somewhere in the interwebs.

I thought this would be a very good reference for me to use and recolored every tile with a fill tool, I'm sure there's better ways of doing this, but I cannot be assed to measure correctly in MSPaint lol. Surprisingly, his map and mine weren't all that different, so it wasn't all that hard to retile some of the cliff/beach tiles along with the river corrections.

Legend: Black tile is rock, dark green are bushes, white is paths, hot pink is villagers, purple is my houses, gray is pwps.

Here's his map.

http://i.imgur.com/PPzTmQe.png

I'm gonna figure this darn bush/tree limit soon enough and get my bushes all in order.

For those of you that has beach on the right side, try flipping the map vertically so you can use it for yourself too.
This is amazing!

Also I have the EXACT same river as he does ´. Freaky

woen

I've got 5 if you want 'em.

You have far more than 200? that's quite impressive.

You can also probably ask someone with a golden axe to come axing the trees you don't want. I'm not available myself right now, but maybe other are, and if you don't find anyone, I'm available probably tomorrow around the same time and next week...

Thanks to you both.

I like to fill out my village with trees, making path between bunch of trees/flowers (I like flowers too) until I need to cut them off in order to build (expensive) projects.

I have a bit less than 200 trees (I've cut 25 of them today) and around 40 palm trees. I think I just need to cut off the palm trees. I'll be available tomorrow if someone could help me (Koren or someone else). Thanks again.

Koren

I'll be available tomorrow if someone could help me (Koren or someone else). Thanks again.
I should be available... Just remind it to me if I forget it ^_^

Its tedious for sure, but its easy to edit this way with a simple program we all know. :3 Each tile is a spot you can dig.
I've been using Excel or equivalent program for this since the DS version IIRC.

It's quite easy since you don't even need a grid, colors and borders are very simple to set. It's a bit more work to get an image (screen capture works fine) but you get more tools. Writing on the map more easily for example, especially when you want to erase it (I use letters for trees, for example)

Frogstep

Yep. Is that Henry in the background? :3 If so, he's one of the villagers I'd definitely like to have in my town for a frog. :3

Yup, that's Henry! :)

a5cOGYG.jpg

He really become quite popular among my town. Always having visitors over to see his really cool looking house.

The only thing that really sticks out is the toilet he has out in the open.

qbs9zvE.jpg

Not a lot of privacy for when your guests have to do their business. :<

Philia

I come to find out that 400 trees is very possible in my town lol. Bushes still take priority though. Once I get them growing, I'll focus on trees last.

NVM.

MicH

Yes, 12 is the maximum number of bushes in a row. I discovered that in my town too. At first I was bummed, but I've learnt to live with it, lol. It was a revelation lol.

EDIT Also the bloom dates in that wiki are totally off

MicH

Just looked at the event list. A lot of events coming up in the next two months. We have one more Bug-Off in September? I had no idea!

Also Autumn Moon where we get special items in Japanese, Korean, American and European games. All different items too! I want them all :(

Krelian

The only thing that really sticks out is the toilet he has out in the open.

qbs9zvE.jpg

Not a lot of privacy for when your guests have to do their business. :<
Haha, my Rowan has a toilet too and I caught him sitting on it once. He didn't seem to mind me. Incidentally he's the only one I've ever seen sitting outside on a tree stump.

hni_0019_jpgl1k0e.jpg

Philia

Yes, 12 is the maximum number of bushes in a row. I discovered that in my town too. At first I was bummed, but I've learnt to live with it, lol. It was a revelation lol.

I wish I've known this sooner. But either way, my pixel map will now help me a TON to figure out the spacing for PWPs and bushes to be all lined up. :3

I just now need that damn fairy tale streetlight. This is the pwp I'll be farming for a while.

Ironically my rocks were rather helpful by being that obnoxious lol and I never had noticed my bushes never extending more than 12 because of them. Yeah. FIVE of those rocks were close to my paths lol.

Oh hey Mich, thanks for letting me bring Katie by earlier! I probably got carried away there exploring and looking around but I still made it to lunch. *chuckles*

I planted all those red pansies by Barold's, btw. Carnations went next to my house for extra safe keeping. :D Thanks again for those too.

And great. Was gonna use tumblr to upload Katie's room and I see it's not working now. Between this and the FFXIV servers needing maintenance every time I CAN play... *shakes fist*

MicH

I wish I've known this sooner. But either way, my pixel map will now help me a TON to figure out the spacing for PWPs and bushes to be all lined up. :3

I just now need that damn fairy tale streetlight. This is the pwp I'll be farming for a while.

Ironically my rocks were rather helpful by being that obnoxious lol and I never had noticed my bushes never extending more than 12 because of them. Yeah. FIVE of those rocks were close to my paths lol.
Yeah, I have 3 rocks near my paths too. Kinda annoying, but it's all right. Two of them are right near the train station/town tree so it's really not bad.

I really need to work on my bushes more. The entire southwest and western part of town are pretty much bushless lol

Oh hey Mich, thanks for letting me bring Katie by earlier! I probably got carried away there exploring and looking around but I still made it to lunch. *chuckles*

I planted all those red pansies by Barold's, btw. Carnations went next to my house for extra safe keeping. :D Thanks again for those too.

And great. Was gonna use tumblr to upload Katie's room and I see it's not working now. Between this and the FFXIV servers needing maintenance every time I CAN play... *shakes fist*
You're welcome! Unexpected visitors are always nice, especially if they're as kind and fun as you!

Weird that the uploading tool isn't working. I have had no problem since release :/

Philia

I want to move my house behind the river. Why did I put it in front. :/

I regret the location of my campsite. I wish I can put it closer to the station conveniently. I just don't like how it looks when its not being in use though; I believe that's why I didn't put it anywhere near anywhere lol.

I regret the location of my campsite. I wish I can put it closer to the station conveniently. I just don't like how it looks when its not being in use though; I believe that's why I didn't put it anywhere near anywhere lol.
I placed my campsite in the far southeast corner of my map for the same reason. It's kind of off on its own.

Elija2

I put my campsite in the north-west corner of my map. I surrounded it with cedar trees so it actually looks like it's in the middle of a forest. Of course, I put my cafe right in front of it for some reason.

Well my dream address is 7400-2258-8806 if you wanna check it out. Town's looking pretty good at the moment, though there are still some glaring spaces I have saved for particular PWPs. Come ooooooon Stonehenge!

Edit: Oh shit. Gracie. I've been dreading this. Sporty. What do I do?!

Edit 2: I have a complete wrestler outfit, but Thonky doesn't list the boots as Sporty. Should I just talk to her with bare feet?!

Edit 3: Ooh she doesn't like bare feet! Tried with the wrestling boots on anyway and totally nailed it. Gracie Shelf, whoop!

Also, Kidd just suggested a Pyramid. Dammit Kidd!

First of all . . . Buckland. Neighboring town of Bywater in the Shire. Guessing you're one of the only people who might have gotten the reference. Awesome stuff.

Really don't have that much to criticize. Overall, probably the most comfortable town I've visited. Great balance between paths (natural) and an organic forest look. I really don't like paths. I just think they never look natural graphically. But whatever.

Only critique is probably move some PWPs where some of the hybrid beds are. The PWPs seem pushed off to the side a little (zen garden, streetlight, from what I remember). Seems like you have enough hybrids and could feature your PWPs a little better.

Definitely feels like Buckland could be one town over Bywater. Good work!

zigg

I'm actually happy with my campsite. It's out in the woods with those annoying jocks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom