• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koren

The red pansy is red* though.
Are you sure of that (that's it's garanteed, I mean, not that it can be a red*)?

Is it also true from red* rose / red* rose that produce a red rose? I've put the ones I've gotten this way apart, and I haven't gotten more luck getting blue roses from those 'second generation red*' than with 'first generation ones'

MicH

Are you sure of that (that's it's garanteed, I mean, not that it can be a red*)?

Is it also true from red* rose / red* rose that produce a red rose? I've put the ones I've gotten this way apart, and I haven't gotten more luck getting blue roses from those 'second generation red*' than with 'first generation ones'
The offspring inherit the genes from the two red* roses (which are the parents) so yes, it is a red* rose (or pansy). That doesn't increase the chances of getting blue roses though. Same genes.

Also I love saying flower genes

You can go to a TT town where it is Juni. All species can be caught, except the species that don't come if there is use of online...

From the left to the right:

Gorgeous
7/11
Cardboard
Princess
Fish
Card
Pavé
Egg
Sloppy

NOTE: non of these are orderable, (perhaps maybe some floors and walls), so this is only for filling up your catalogue fast. You still will have to obtain them yourself.

And some Japanse only ingame shop items that are orderable;

Samurai Wig
Kintaro Wig
Topknow Wig
Ogre's Wig
Girl's Day Updo
Emperor's Cap
Diver's Hood
Stagehand Hat
Kokeshi Doll
Flashy Flower Sign
Shogi Piece

I'm still missing the sushi plate and the tokonoma, so if I could catalogue these from someone, would appreciate it. :)

Korean orderable DLC

Massage Chair

Random others I have:

Skeleton Hood
Red Team Cap

Now I'll open for people, but I'll do it in batches. Fear not, if you don't get in today, there will be another time. I'm not going to pick them all up again and remove them from the beach each time, it took a lot of time to do so, so I will not be doing it in a while.

When I open the gate, you wait at the station till everyone got in or till I closed the gate, (closing the gate is for preventing disconnects) and we go together to the beach where you can start cataloging. If you're done, you wait till the others have done also, so I can end it for everyone at the same moment.

Now, who is interested and in which sets, so I can make a list and start inviting.

And please, don't come until you are invited. If someone comes that isn't invited, I'll pull the wifi switch. Not waiting at the station till others have arrived, pulling the wifi switch. I know this sounds strict, but it is in the best interest of everybody...

I'd love to cat these if possible. Thank you.

Edit: No one is moving from my town ATM.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Okay, opening my gate. :)

Oh, Niraj, no villagers leaving today? Had to say in the rules. :)

Someone from GF is coming too, promised her two days to catalogue so...

So still one place open for now.

No, Boomer isn't moving until the 29th. That should be fine right?

Koren

Blue roses and black cosmos are hard to get.
I figured that, yes :D

Keep watering the red* x red* flower bed. Do not mix them with orange or any other roses
Will keep my current 'strategy', so. And cross my fingers.

I have a second red* patch I can water, now, with your previous answer, too. So I probably have more than a dozen.

You should be able to mix the red* with blue ones, no, though?

Many thanks for your advices...

Also you will have to wait a year to get your gold net anyway, as you can only get it from Nat at the bug-off (which after September isn't until June).. so.. yeah
Yeah, that's a pity. I suppose you can't get one from a TT village if your encyclopedy is full? For people who started in june, the last one will be in december, waiting 6 months is quite long...

MicH

I figured that, yes :D

Will keep my current 'strategy', so. And cross my fingers.

You should be able to mix the red* with blue ones, no, though?

Many thanks for your advices...

Yeah, that's a pity. I suppose you can't get one from a TT village if your encyclopedy is full? For people who started in june, the last one will be in december, waiting 6 months is quite long...
Red* roses x blue roses work, yes. I have done this in my town.

No idea about the TT town gold net. I guess we can try in December (not that I'll get it since I'm never getting the tarantula or scorpion. Good thing I got a gold net from a trade mwhaha)

My TT town is in June, amazingly enough. FC is 0275-7935-1633. What's yours? I'll then add you and open my gates (MicH, GAF is name and town)
That would be amazing. I'll PM my FC to you shortly; I just want to quickly wrap up the daily chores for my town before I forget. Shouldn't be more than 20 minutes or so; if you'd rather I come on immediately though, I can.

Thanks again!

Edit: just saw your post. Whoops! You're right. Would it still be worth it then? I'd hate to be a burden if it's not worth it in the long run, especially since some of the June bugs/fish spawn at day or night.

MicH

That would be amazing. I'll PM my FC to you shortly; I just want to quickly wrap up the daily chores for my town before I forget. Shouldn't be more than 20 minutes or so; if you'd rather I come on immediately though, I can.

Thanks again!
Did you read my post about not being able to get the golden net until June anyway?

But you're free to come over and catch it

Philia

not that I'll get it since I'm never getting the tarantula or scorpion.

Had you tried adhering to your fortune by wearing your lucky item and clover/celebration hat? I had some good luck when I got both of mine.

Remembering your town though, I can see how this would be difficult. :( Since they're hard to spot in a field of flowers. Which is why I cleared away my south area (mostly for my orchard) after my perfects had died off. It was easy sighting from there.

No appearance on rainy days even briefly or gates open, no running, no equipping with the net... I'm assuming you're doing all above already. I caught both of mine by sneaking btw, ie I had my net equipped, approached it, when it got spooked (froze), I stopped until it started moving again, rinse and repeat til I got close enough to SLAM that net down. :3

Bell trees look so cool. Thought I'd hate them. Love them. Now if I only could find a way to grow them in real life.

Lucky and Fauna hate each other. Who knew Bambi could be so bitchy. Time for an I intervention.

MicH

Had you tried adhering to your fortune by wearing your lucky item and clover/celebration hat? I had some good luck when I got both of mine.

Remembering your town though, I can see how this would be difficult. :( Since they're hard to spot in a field of flowers. Which is why I cleared away my south area (mostly for my orchard) after my perfects had died off. It was easy sighting from there.

No appearance on rainy days even briefly or gates open, no running, no equipping with the net... I'm assuming you're doing all above already. I caught both of mine by sneaking btw, ie I had my net equipped, approached it, when it got spooked (froze), I stopped until it started moving again, rinse and repeat til I got close enough to SLAM that net down. :3
Yeah, I'm wearing my lucky item. Might have to order the celebration hat and wear the clover. I've seen a lot, but I still can't catch them! They often disappear too quickly, get suicidal or are just faster at biting than I am at swing my net at them (and often missing them because they jump back arughghggh)

Trying again once the fireworks are over. Unfortunately I get a new lucky item by then, so we'll see if I can match it.

I am seriously tempted to go back to Summer Solstice and hunt that damn thing to no end

Philia

I am seriously tempted to go back to Summer Solstice and hunt that damn thing to no end

You don't TT your main town iirc but if you're that frustrated enough, try playing for a few hours at a time and then reset the hours back to redo it again. FYI, I got my scorpion at 7:30pm! I'm not sure about how early the tarantula shows up but, yeah don't dismiss the earlier hours.

With all that said, I think its really dumb that we can't catch them in other people's towns. :\ The stunned "dead" animation is just not worth missing out on that.

Niraj

Thanks again kamikaze :) really appreciate getting some of the more annoying sets out of the way.

Koren

Red* roses x blue roses work, yes. I have done this in my town.
Thanks...

not that I'll get it since I'm never getting the tarantula or scorpion.
I'm sure you will. I cross my fingers. I would like to be able to help you, I thought I wouldn't be able to get a scorpion for weeks.

Had you tried adhering to your fortune by wearing [...] clover/celebration hat?
It's useful? Interesting...

Remembering your town though, I can see how this would be difficult.
Most of my scorpions appeared on a path, curiously (the one I caught just in a middle of a small plazza, he couldn't commit suicide anywhere, gnee hee...) I don't think it's just a matter of visibility since I'm hunting mostly by sound (headphones are useful)

I agree that making an area void or nearly void can be useful. I'm available if you want help moving the flowers to the beach (and back to the town later) if you need some help.

no running, no equipping with the net
Still not sure on those two, especially on the first one (yes, it's easier to miss them if you're running, but you also increase the spawing rate by scaring more bugs). I don't equip the net, indeed, but that's mostly because it's more tricky to catch them when the see a net. Even if the scorpion I catch was facing me and my net was already out... He was furious, so I had time to catch it easily... strange)

... I'm assuming you're doing all above already. I caught both of mine by sneaking btw, ie I had my net equipped, approached it, when it got spooked (froze), I stopped until it started moving again, rinse and repeat til I got close enough to SLAM that net down. :3
I've done this for tarentulas, and my success rate is probably close to 80%. Scorpions are usually committing suicide too quickly in my town for me to really do it this way... but approching slowly *behind* works best.

Caught my first tarentula this night, indeed.

Koren

I'm not sure about how early the tarantula shows up but, yeah don't dismiss the earlier hours.
At least between 7pm and 8pm.

I also think that the "try to find one, and travel back to the end of the night if not successful" can be a good solution if you really want one...

With all that said, I think its really dumb that we can't catch them in other people's towns. :\ The stunned "dead" animation is just not worth missing out on that.
I fully agree on this.

Absolutely cannot thank you enough cam! If I can help with anything, please let me know. :)

Thanks again kamikaze :) really appreciate getting some of the more annoying sets out of the way.

Np, guys. :) Sure will. :) Now I'm gonna sleep, tomorrow another day. :)

Night, night. :)

Edit: and for that Scorpions and tarantula's. I encounter a lot in my town on tree-less spaces. So it really helps to have a lot of open spaces. Don't know if the Lucky item really helps, cause most of the times I don't carry it (forget it constantly) and I still encountered a lot of both of them. So...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
It's official! Kitty moves out on the 29th! Anybody want her? She's a snooty siamese cat. If she'd been a wolf named Kitty, I'd have kept her forever. Oh well.

And before I go to bed, last thing. :)

I miss the following paintings:

dynamic painting
moving painting
moody painting
wild painting

statues:

beautifull statue
valiant statue
gallant statue
great statue
mystic statue

So if someone has spare ones and wants to get rid of them, I can use them. :)

And now I'm really gonna sleep.

Koren

You're welcome! :) Just glad to help you with your horde of perfect apples! :3
I wish I had seen it earlier (I guess it's too late?)... Next time, I hope.

(edit: I'll go sleeping anyway, so it's indeed too late, for me if not for you. I'll manage to get rid of those sooner or later ^_^ But thanks for the head up!)

Koomaster

Hello Kitty Noire Fireworks in my town tonight because why not?
tumblr_ms40o3OVdH1swqxw3o1_400.jpg

Kinda sad this is the last fireworks show of the year. Really love how they did things this game with making custom fireworks. :)

Galactic Fork

Pretty sure MicH said he just got Mira so you should hit him up!

I thought somebody already called dibs. Or it was in his normal town. I forget, either way I wrote off getting her from him anytime soon.

Unrelated note, do dresses count as tops when you're told your lucky item of the day? I know tank dresses don't count as tanks, but can an iconic dress count as an iconic top?

Koren

Fuck! I missed the fireworks and my last bopper! Can anyone help out?
My clock is a bit late because of some clock stalling due to the stalk market, so I'll have my last fireworks tomorrow or more probably tuesday. If you still haven't managed to get the last bopper then, you'll be welcome.

Niraj

I thought somebody already called dibs. Or it was in his normal town. I forget, either way I wrote off getting her from him anytime soon.

Unrelated note, do dresses count as tops when you're told your lucky item of the day? I know tank dresses don't count as tanks, but can an iconic dress count as an iconic top?

This was like 3 hours ago, so idk. Don't remember seeing anything.

I have no idea as to the item thing either. I guess this wasn't a terribly helpful post.

Edit: have an extra flower bopper and a copy of K.K. Gumbo sitting out. Anyone I have added is welcome to grab either/both/none. Just going to be mildly afk until Breaking Bad, at which point I will close my gates til later.

Galactic Fork

This was like 3 hours ago, so idk. Don't remember seeing anything.

I have no idea as to the item thing either. I guess this wasn't a terribly helpful post.

*Gasp*! Oh cool, I must check! That would be very lucky!

Found it! Thanks!

EdgeXL

Annabelle will be packing up tomorrow to move out. Anybody want her?

She is a peppy anteater who starts with cabana furniture items.

Just throwing this out there... Would there possibly be anyone out there who would be willing to part with their Pumpkin Pie?

My RETARDED friend who never listens to me when I keep telling him that its getting closer to the last day for him to download the limited item, failed to make it in time to download the pie--not surprising. Now he's all sad, regretting not listening to me (like he should!) and whining about how much he loves pumpkin pie and failed.

I'm not expecting it for free, of course! Price?

<3
:3

I've got 3 (mule townsfolk are a good thing), so I'll part with it for...hm. Are you paying, or is he?

MicH

Koren wanted her, but didnt have room. She's yours whenever she leaves which will probably be soon :) I'll hold her until you have room

Jak140

And some Japanse only ingame shop items that are orderable;

Samurai Wig
Kintaro Wig
Topknow Wig
Ogre's Wig
Girl's Day Updo
Emperor's Cap
Diver's Hood
Stagehand Hat
Kokeshi Doll
Flashy Flower Sign
Shogi Piece

I'm still missing the sushi plate and the tokonoma, so if I could catalogue these from someone, would appreciate it. :)

Random others I have:

Skeleton Hood
Red Team Cap

Now I'll open for people, but I'll do it in batches. Fear not, if you don't get in today, there will be another time. I'm not going to pick them all up again and remove them from the beach each time, it took a lot of time to do so, so I will not be doing it in a while.

When I open the gate, you wait at the station till everyone got in or till I closed the gate, (closing the gate is for preventing disconnects) and we go together to the beach where you can start cataloging. If you're done, you wait till the others have done also, so I can end it for everyone at the same moment.

Now, who is interested and in which sets, so I can make a list and start inviting.

And please, don't come until you are invited. If someone comes that isn't invited, I'll pull the wifi switch. Not waiting at the station till others have arrived, pulling the wifi switch. I know this sounds strict, but it is in the best interest of everybody...

Edit: if you have villagers leaving, you'll have to wait for another time. I don't want any uninvited villagers, thank you. :)

Doh, I always seem to miss it when you hold these cataloging sessions. Can I catalog the Japanese shop items next time you're online? I think I have the sushi plate.

Edit: Actually it's the sushi platter. Is that it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom