• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nori Chan

Does anybody have any tips on how to get a tarantula to spawn? :(

There's bulb bopper, star bopper, heart bopper and flower bopper.

I can give it away for free, but do you have any of these items I'm looking for?

Super Mushroom, Hero's pants, Triforce, Mushroom, Pikmin, SS Dolphin, Wii balance board, Virtual boy
I have a Triforce, Pikmin, WII BB and VB.

Does anybody have any tips on how to get a tarantula to spawn? :(

Walk around your town at night in circles endlessly and pray. :p

Starting to think Fauna might be the objectively cutest villager in the game. No flash, no bangs, no crown, no teapot, just so goddamn cute. Bambi is in my town.

finally got the emporium and now I can dress like a christmas tree terrific

poor anicotti left but gave me her pic in her letter so I suppose it wasn't all bad. least now I have gayle and oh my gosh chubby pink alligator what a cutie patootie. with her and pekoe's powers combined they might explode my town.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
finally got the emporium and now I can dress like a christmas tree terrific

poor anicotti left but gave me her pic in her letter so I suppose it wasn't all bad. least now I have gayle and oh my gosh chubby pink alligator what a cutie patootie. with her and pekoe's powers combined they might explode my town.

Pekoe :3 T_T

I added my friend code info to the Google Doc. Does anyone wanna add me? Friend code is 3823-9803-0326.

Really wanna check out some other towns!

Linius

It's probably because I'm a cold-hearted bastard, but I really don't get the appeal of Marshal :/

Me neither, he looks okay I guess but I don't get the hype.

Ankha on the other hand...

Perfect Town Day 1: Complete
Perfect Town Day 2: Complete
Perfect Town Day 3: Complete
Perfect Town Day 4: In progress

Things are going as according to plan. Town is on lockdown so I won't be opening my gates for any reason whatsoever. And I'll make sure none of the villagers move out during the 15-day span.

As long as you don't take down PWPs and don't build new ones and make sure your amount of trees and flowers stay about the same you're good. And of course no stuff on the ground. There's really no need to stay offline for 15 days, that would be terrible :p

Niraj

she is super cute but I sorta have mixed feelings about her. three normals might be much so if I cut down it'll prolly be pekoe who has to go. . . gosh there are way too many beautiful villagers!

I've got three normals now :( only want one of them lol (Flurry). Who is your third normal?

massoluk

Banned
Diva is moving out of my town in a few days (Aug 31), if anyone want her. She's nice enough, but there is one unforgivable character defect, she's a frog, so she can't stay.. NOT that there's anything wrong with being a frog, I have many frog friends.

Niraj

Vesta. not including Mitzi who I'm currently trying to boot. so technically four haha. I can't help it. everyone is so cute ugh

Well those are certainly better than Rhonda and Annalisa :p

Diva is moving out of my town in a few days (Aug 31), if anyone want her. She's nice enough, but there is one unforgivable character defect, she's a frog, so she can't stay.. NOT that there's anything wrong with being a frog, I have many frog friends.

Paging Frogstep

Acid08

Banned
Cool, Grizzly is moving out. Nothing against him but no need for two cranky villagers. Especially since the other is Lobo and there's no way I'm giving him up.

So now I have:
Lazy x2
Normal
Jock
Cranky
Peppy
Snooty
Smug

So it's a little after 2:30am and I'm coming back from doing some island hopping to obtain some giant clam shells. I go to my rear room on the first floor to store the stuff I got from the islands when all of a sudden, there's a knock on my door. I'm like "who the fuck is knocking on my door at 2:30 in the goddamn morning?" Then I hear that it's Grizzly's voice and he just wanted to stop by and see how I was doing.

Dude, WTF? I know you consider us to be best friends and all, but seriously, GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY HOUSE. He was only there for a brief period (even had the nerve to give me a banana), but this shit won't be tolerated. He's gotta be whacked.

Frogstep

Paging Frogstep

Yeah... unfortunately Diva is one of the frogs I don't really want. Plus the next spot that becomes available is reserved for Cousteau.

OH! And being a frog is not a defect! It is a gift! A beautiful gift! >(

The latest addition to my town... and he has a pineapple for a face.

BSqH7QpCYAIvNGk.jpg

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Yeah... unfortunately Diva is one of the frogs I don't really want. Plus the next spot that becomes available is reserved for Cousteau.

OH! And being a frog is not a defect! It is a gift! A beautiful gift! >(

But Diva's the only Uchi frog! And she's kinda cute once you get past all the ick.

I managed to get Camofrog to sell me 2 paintings in only 5 minutes of trying, but both were fake. Boo. And i don't know how you guys are getting villager pics. I've only gotten 2 petition requests ever and no pics for completing them. And I'm trying to please all my villagers as much as possible. Is there is a trick to getting them?

ramyeon

I managed to get Camofrog to sell me 2 paintings in only 5 minutes of trying, but both were fake. Boo. And i don't know how you guys are getting villager pics. I've only gotten 2 petition requests ever and no pics for completing them. And I'm trying to please all my villagers as much as possible. Is there is a trick to getting them?
Some people say talking to them at least 10 times every day, sending frequent mail etc. But I'm not so sure. I hardly ever send mail and I've gotten heaps of pics just by taking requests. If villagers you're close enough to move away they send you mail with a pic as well.

Some people say talking to them at least 10 times every day, sending frequent mail etc. But I'm not so sure. I hardly ever send mail and I've gotten heaps of pics just by taking requests. If villagers you're close enough to move away they send you mail with a pic as well.
I'll keep trying. Maybe there is a mutiny about to happen in my town and they're going to overthrow me as mayor, lol.

Jak140

Resetting. Of the five unique and three duplicate pics I've gotten, I think one, maybe two I got on the first go. Of course if you don't like resetting I understand :p.

Linius

Leif just became my favourite NPC, finally that golden axe :D

Time to let all them perfect pear trees die in peace and start over.

Linius

Yeah, Kakkun is pretty sweet. Hope he gets added back eventually.

Did this ever got discussed before? I mean villager DLC would be such a great thing for Nintendo to do. I wish Nintendo would just go all out with the DLCs and add some new furniture sets along the line and stuff like that to keep the game interesting. But I guess that's just wishfull thinking.

Did this ever got discussed before? I mean villager DLC would be such a great thing for Nintendo to do. I wish Nintendo would just go all out with the DLCs and add some new furniture sets along the line and stuff like that to keep the game interesting. But I guess that's just wishfull thinking.
If it's free, I'm all for it. Paid DLC for Animal Crossing is a slippery slope I'd rather not go down. There is an "Update" feature on the menu, so we'll see if that is ever utilized.

I think that Nintendo may just release an upgraded version of New Leaf eventually though. Considering the huge success the game has had, you'd think they would want to prolong it as much as possible.

Chopper

Another day and no rare mushrooms. :/

Does every special stump have a chance to spawn a mushroom? Or do you only get one a day? (If any?)
I have had one of every single type of stump, including 2 clovers and 4 Triforces, for aaaaages, and I've never seen a rare mushroom. They are rare as fuck.

And you don't get nearly one mushroom a day. One a week, maybe.

I have had one of every single type of stump, including 2 clovers and 4 Triforces, for aaaaages, and I've never seen a rare mushroom. They are rare as fuck.

I'm starting to feel bad now. I dug up like four of them a week or two ago. Is there some kind of collection you guys are building?

Linius

Just a question for the people with much knowledge about hybrids. I have all sorts of hybrids at least twice in my town. Can every hybrid breed more of their own kind by just pairing them together or are there certain hybrids you can only get with the help of common flowers?

I'm asking this mainly because my town is flooded with flowers and I want to clear most of the common ones that I'm never gonna use anyways.

Chopper

I'm starting to feel bad now. I dug up like four of them a week or two ago. Is there some kind of collection you guys are building?
Not at all. Though I would like to see one at some point, considering how many stumps I have.

Just a question for the people with much knowledge about hybrids. I have all sorts of hybrids at least twice in my town. Can every hybrid breed more of their own kind by just pairing them together or are there certain hybrids you can only get with the help of common flowers?

I'm asking this mainly because my town is flooded with flowers and I want to clear most of the common ones that I'm never gonna use anyways.
Yes. As far as I'm aware, pairing the same colour can always spawn the same flower. There are of course other possibilities, depending on the grandparents, but generally speaking, you will be successful.

Koren

I've found two of them. Compared to silver axes, they're common ;)

Can you actually do something with them beside selling them?

And you don't get nearly one mushroom a day. One a week, maybe.
I'm closer to one every two days, I'd say...

Koren

Can every hybrid breed more of their own kind by just pairing them together or are there certain hybrids you can only get with the help of common flowers?
Since, as far as I know, all hybrids can act as their parents, once you've gotten all hybrids obtainable from common flowers, you can get everything with hybrids only. For example, you should be able to get all kind of roses just oranges and pink ones.

And each pair of hybrids should be able to reproduce itself.

Chopper

I'm closer to one every two days, I'd say...

Woah. It's funny, I've never lost perfect town status since I gained it, and have patterned stumps strategically positioned around my town. But I get very few mushrooms. Some are sat between bushes, but more have space around them. I wonder if there's a secret condition I'm not meeting.

Since, as far as I know, all hybrids can act as their parents, once you've gotten all hybrids obtainable from common flowers, you can get everything with hybrids only. For example, you should be able to get all kind of roses just oranges and pink ones.
Except blue and gold.

Edit: Unless the oranges' parents are red* maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom