• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seigyoku

Yeah... unfortunately Diva is one of the frogs I don't really want. Plus the next spot that becomes available is reserved for Cousteau.

OH! And being a frog is not a defect! It is a gift! A beautiful gift! >(

Diva is near universally reviled. In Japan even. She moved into my town early, and moved out early, and I was TOTALLY OK WITH THAT.

I think that Nintendo may just release an upgraded version of New Leaf eventually though. Considering the huge success the game has had, you'd think they would want to prolong it as much as possible.

AFAIK, there has been one update, though it predated the US/EU releases, something got patched up in the Japanese, and I'm pretty sure the version is like 1.1 or something. But this is Nintendo, there aren't gonna be many updates lol.

And I'm pretty sure reset center doesn't count towards PWP limit. Swear I've read that in several places and it behaves differently than all the others anyway.

Also noticed something interesting about Re-Tail bonus items. Last week I had "Shirts," and I had many excess shirts so I was selling them. But I noticed Tees and Tanks got the bonus as well. (Didn't try anything one piece). Today my item is "pants" so I tried shorts and they worked. Decided WTH and tried skirts and got the bonus as well. I think Reese is slightly blind.

Still need a furniture bonus... Too much stuff on the ground!

Chopper

5400-2700-7536. Although that's the only part of town (house included) that's actually finished. Everything else ranges from meh to okay.
I just had a snoop too. You have done the impossible. Found a path pattern that doesn't look complete ass. And by that, I mean it looks great! That fountain area sure is lovely, and I like the way you've sort of fenced off the cliff on the south side. Looks really smart. Also, your house is fantastic! I wish I could be nearly that imaginative and resourceful.

MicH

I just had a snoop too. You have done the impossible. Found a path pattern that doesn't look complete ass. And by that, I mean it looks great! That fountain area sure is lovely, and I like the way you've sort of fenced off the cliff on the south side. Looks really smart. Also, your house is fantastic! I wish I could be nearly that imaginative and resourceful.
I completely agree with this. Really nice town. Inspired me to go some things as well. Also awesome villagers. Super jelly of Punchy!

Shucks. Thanks, guys. The joint still needs a lot of work but I appreciate that—especially having seen your towns. :) Those 2 path pieces come from a huge set (can find if you want them) but I like that these look natural without requiring a mule. Walling off the flowers was meant to prevent my villagers from tromping around in the them but it hasn't proven much of a hinderance.

I'm excited about Punchy moving in. It took a dozen resets over breakfast very early this morning to get his house there. But he's going to be around for awhile so it's worth it.

Elija2

My spotlight item for today is the throne. 800,000 bells. I might buy it just to get my first shopper badge, but I don't plan on keeping it. Anyone else want it?

MicH

My spotlight item for today is the throne. 800,000 bells. I might buy it just to get my first shopper badge, but I don't plan on keeping it. Anyone else want it?
Not worth it. Once you get Gracie's shop and buy her stuff you get that badge in no time

I still have no idea how gems work, aside from using three of them to make gold furniture. So I *can't* give Cyrus a blue gem with a piece of minimalist furniture to make it blue?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I still have no idea how gems work, aside from using three of them to make gold furniture. So I *can't* give Cyrus a blue gem with a piece of minimalist furniture to make it blue?

It depends on the item. Off the top of my head, I know the blue, polka-dot, and modern sets can all be customized with sapphire. And the piggy bank probably.

Okay... Bonbon is packed up if someone wants to woo her. Eli has first dibs but he already said that if someone else wants her more, they're free.

Do people not pay up front or something? Buying seems more risky, since seller could just save once money is dropped, then boot.

I wouldn't trust someone who insisted on payment up front. The buyer talks to the villager first then pays. That way both parties are protected because the buyer has the animal and the seller has the wifi switch.

Edit: Open again, Elija.

Elija2

Alright. Whenever you're available just let me know and I'll open up. Mind if I catalog it too?

Okay... Bonbon is packed up if someone wants to woo her. Eli has first dibs but he already said that if someone else wants her more, they're free.

I don't think I'll be able to take her since I recall someone posting about inviting two villagers to their town in one day and the first villager they invited was overwritten by the second. Although that may have been with only 1 spot free and I have 2 spots free. Still, I don't want to risk losing Rosie. So yeah, someone else should take her.

Thanks again! I am now an official member of the Rosie Fan Club.

How could you get rid of Bonbon? :(

She's one of my first villagers and I have her picture... I'm okay to let go.

I don't think I'll be able to take her since I recall someone posting about inviting two villagers to their town in one day and the first villager they invited was overwritten by the second. Although that may have been with only 1 spot free and I have 2 spots free. Still, I don't want to risk losing Rosie. So yeah, someone else should take her.

Thanks again! I am now an official member of the Rosie Fan Club.

I'd take Rosie too. *chuckles*

MicH

I wouldn't trust someone who insisted on payment up front. The buyer talks to the villager first then pays. That way both parties are protected because the buyer has the animal and the seller has the wifi switch.

Surprisingly, I've had many wanting to pay first meaning I could screw them over real good. Of course so never did that.

Yay! Frost_Ace came by for Bonbon. :) Glad she's going to a good home!

Barold just talk to me in "bat". Gawddamn that bear keeps getting cooler.

I also had a chuckle because my premium today is on carpet... and Sahara is in town.

Man, seeing the stuff you guys do with your towns and the things you're doing, I feel like I'm in remedial mayorship. I've not paid off all house expansions, haven't built any regular PWPs, and haven't gotten any high level hybrids. I still haven't even seen Gracie. :<

The lack of progress I'm making is starting to get to me. As a former TTer in games past I've stayed the straight and narrow so far but it's getting hard to fight the urge to skip to move faster.

my retail has premium on perfect cherries (native is oranges) if anyone is interested and doesn't mind having to take the brief stroll through my messy town to get there.

Elija2

fm3r80v.jpg
bnPYeCt.jpg

I am so happy that the arguably best peppy villager is moving into my town. Although this does make it three cats in my town. I'll have to get rid of Katt eventually.

Why is she wearing that hideous shirt :(

lol. I made that hideous shirt. :p The villagers in that town kept wearing the ugly default shirts so I spent 5 minutes making a bunch of plain striped shirts to display. I thought they were at least better than the duck shirt.

When I have some time, I'll put a little more effort into it.

And, aw, she looks so happy.

Niraj

That shirt is fine. I had an AWFUL striped blue and yellow shirt somebody else put in my town. Shit fucked up my eyes every time I looked at it, and of course Flurry changed into it -_- Philia can attest to how terrible it was.

MicH

lol. I made that hideous shirt. :p The villagers in that town kept wearing the ugly default shirts so I spent 5 minutes making a bunch of plain striped shirts to display. I thought they were at least better than the duck shirt.

When I have some time, I'll put a little more effort into it.

And, aw, she looks so happy.
I had a feeling that comment would blow up right in my face LOL. Oh god

But yes, the default designs are teeerrible!

Elija2

That shirt is fine. I had an AWFUL striped blue and yellow shirt somebody else put in my town. Shit fucked up my eyes every time I looked at it, and of course Flurry changed into it -_- Philia can attest to how terrible it was.

Haha. I should start planting ugly shit designs in other peoples towns. Or maybe a shirt that says "ELI ROCKS" on it so everyone will know that I rock.

Haha. I should start planting ugly shit designs in other peoples towns. Or maybe a shirt that says "ELI ROCKS" on it so everyone will know that I rock.

Someone here put a shirt in my town ages ago (Andrew from Rockwell?) that Alfonso put on and then never took off no matter what I sent him. Talked about it constantly for weeks.

I had a feeling that comment would blow up right in my face LOL. Oh god

It was all I had the time and creativity for. :) I just felt bad handing off villagers in that orange thing or the white button-down. I don't touch their houses but I can't stop them from changing their shirts.

Flurry doesn't look bad in hers although it appears she was hanging around Punchy before he left.

tumblr_ms7hxtjZLm1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Niraj

Well, since I gave you the idea, please leave my town alone :p

I've got two in my town wearing Galactic Fork's designs (Lionel and Tammi). I'm totally fine with this.

MicH

My villagers haven't touched GF's designs yet and they're sooo good! They keep wearing that ugly duck or orange design despite them boblonger being there

Elija2

Someone here put a shirt in my town ages ago (Andrew from Rockwell?) that Alfonso put on and then never took off no matter what I sent him. Talked about it constantly for weeks.

I'm pretty sure you can complain about it to Isabelle and she'll have them go back to their default clothes.

I've got two in my town wearing Galactic Fork's designs (Lionel and Tammi). I'm totally fine with this.

Yeah, Hans looks damn good in that Tom Nook vest. I really need to get Curly to change out of that school outfit though. Also, I don't think any of them can wear Isabelle's winter outfit because it's a dress which is disappointing.

Niraj

I just realized that both Tammi and Lionel were wearing one of my shitty designs before GF's...I think her mail campaign is slowly turning my animals against me :( the evidence is piling up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom