• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

Okay I hear you. Right now my main peppy is Apple, but I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I want to let Pippy go. I guess we'll see how I feel after I get a villager to replace Diva.
It's hard to let people go if you like them eh. I think part of the issue with Dotty is that my town is pretty much overrun by cats and rabbits haha. Wouldn't mind some more variation there tbh. This is also why Kiki is probably gonna be the next villager I let leave,

Philia

That's kind of the big question and we don't really know. Someone suggested that going to a town with 10 villagers scrubs clean your queue and, oddly, I was at Niraj's last night with a moving villager (he has 10) and Alfonso never showed up in my TT town today. Nor did your Rasher show up after you left. There seems to be a healthy amount of randomness to the system so I think you can only hope for the best.

That kinda makes sense too. I got Colton from my hubby who haven't traveled anywhere. Not sure about Soleil though.

That must be it. I don't think old villagers will ever visit your Main Street if they're in someone else's town, but if moved-out villagers stayed in your queue for so long it would be more likely for them to move into someone's town and it would be rare to find them in your Main Street. That doesn't seem to be the case though because many people have posted here about seeing old villagers in their Main Street.

Yeah, they still show up. Debs took my Rocket ages ago but she just started haunting Main Street recently, earning herself the wrong end of my net as punishment. (Rocket not Debs.)

I'd guess that since he didn't show up in my town, you're probably safe but I can't say for sure. I get a lot of stragglers there and not getting Alfonso after being at Niraj's town suggests visiting a full town might clear the queue. Regardless, I think you're good after a few days anyway.

Garland7G

tumblr_ms6xg0G7gm1srgzyyo1_400.jpg

fml, my town is full already

I've been farming the campsite for 2 days now hoping to find this guy, Jacques, shep, Lolly, or Ankha, hell I even want to get Pekoe back in the campsite.
If anyone has one of these villagers on the move (yeah right, but I have to ask..) let me know!

Also Samson is in boxes if you want a jock mouse...

ramyeon

If I can get Zucker in my town I'll finally have all the really expensive villagers I want in my town :0 I can't believe he showed up in my campsite when I had 10 villagers. Ugh.

Elija2

Yeah, they still show up. Debs took my Rocket ages ago but she just started haunting Main Street recently, earning herself the wrong end of my net as punishment. (Rocket not Debs.)

I'd guess that since he didn't show up in my town, you're probably safe but I can't say for sure. I get a lot of stragglers there and not getting Alfonso after being at Niraj's town suggests visiting a full town might clear the queue. Regardless, I think you're safe after a few days anyway.

Oh, well in that case who knows. I guess that means I'll be seeing Pate and Barold on my Main Street eventually.

It's kinda hard to track where your villagers will end up. If they moved into someone's town through Streetpass you'd have no way of knowing it.

Garland7G

If I can get Zucker in my town I'll finally have all the really expensive villagers I want in my town :0 I can't believe he showed up in my campsite when I had 10 villagers. Ugh.

This is the reason I always keep my town at 9 (until I get my dream team), with Samson moving I'll be down to 8 so I need to act before Nook does.

ramyeon

This is the reason I always keep my town at 9 (until I get my dream team), with Samson moving I'll be down to 8 so I need to act before Nook does.
Yeah I try to as well, go figure the one time I'm not that he shows up haha. Once Dotty moves I'll be down to 8 too, being at 8 scares the crap out of me.

Last time I was at 8 Boomer decided to move in...

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Yeah I try to as well, go figure the one time I'm not that he shows up haha. Once Dotty moves I'll be down to 8 too, being at 8 scares the crap out of me.

Speaking of, mine is moving out in a couple days if you want him back!
:p

Garland7G

Once Your 8th decides to leave you need to start acting fast within those 5 or so days, fill up to ten then be back down to 9 when they move. That's how I do it at least ;)

You'll only have a couple days before a random 9th is forced on you by personality so don't wait too long if you want to adopt or reset plots/campsite, etc.. Vacancies of any kind scare me now.

Oh, well in that case who knows. I guess that means I'll be seeing Pate and Barold on my Main Street eventually.

It's kinda hard to track where your villagers will end up. If they moved into someone's town through Streetpass you'd have no way of knowing it.

Once you've had 4 leave, they'll start showing up in the order in which they left.

Seems like you should get a letter if they're shuttled off to someone else's town. The person who receives them is told where they came from. Could go both ways.

That must be it. I don't think old villagers will ever visit your Main Street if they're in someone else's town, but if moved-out villagers stayed in your queue for so long it would be more likely for them to move into someone's town and it would be rare to find them in your Main Street. That doesn't seem to be the case though because many people have posted here about seeing old villagers in their Main Street. I'll try visiting more people with max villagers just to be sure that Rasher doesn't go anywhere.

Nah Nate went to a friend's town and I see him on Main Street almost every day.

I now have four duplicate legit paintings: famous, amazing, graceful and neutral.

I'll trade one for one for any of the following: Warm, Dynamic, Calm, Proper or Scenic.

also I'll trade any three for a statue I don't have. I only have ancient and motherly.

Philia

This is what I can't handle. Not being able to go anywhere or receive visitors because of due paranoia. Its a pain in the ass when I want to visit someone's town for premium or I have Katrina and had to turn away a few (luckily that haven't had happened but you get the idea).

When I was trying to get Biskit and Molly, I was super paranoid lol about going anywhere.

Whoo! Finally scrounged up some money to get this, and I'm pumped to start. Its downloading as I am typing this!
I have not played many animal crossing games, only a bit of the first one on gamecube, so is there any specific tips for a noob like me? I know to follow the face guide and such to get my face, and then start with my house process and such, but what should I do after that?
Thanks!

Whoo! Finally scrounged up some money to get this, and I'm pumped to start. Its downloading as I am typing this!
I have not played many animal crossing games, only a bit of the first one on gamecube, so is there any specific tips for a noob like me? I know to follow the face guide and such to get my face, and then start with my house process and such, but what should I do after that?
Thanks!

Just be chill with it. When there's something you'll want to do or get, we'll be here to help.

I miss Lobo. I have Fang now but it's just not the same. I'm thinking it's best to probably avoid villager for villager trade. Least on GF. I find it difficult to trust most of them kids after last time. On another note, I now have a growing collection of ice furniture. it's pretty. . icy.

So I bend over backwards (>_>) to fulfill Wolfgang's highly questionable, adult themed petition, and he gives me a deluxe washer...

Wolfgang, I'm all for letting your wild side out, but you gotta pay the bills! Pictures only!!!

ramyeon

Best way is to just settle for valuable villagers you don't want using the campsite trick and then trade them on GameFAQs.

Buying villagers there is ridiculous, there's no reason why you should be paying 20mil+ for villagers in the first place, but really most people don't have that kind of money to throw around without duping anyway.

Jak140

Finally got Shep's pic today. So far I've got Walt's, Moe's, Bunnie's, Antonio's, and Cherry's as well. Just need to get Tiffany's, Bam's, Vesta's, and Julian's and I can ignore my villagers unless they're pinging me. That'll learn 'em for not suggesting the damn police station to me yet. Also my town clearly has some unspoken ordinance against short villagers; I didn't even know they existed until I started visiting other towns.

TrickRoom

From what I've been reading around, you can have up to 4 bridges in your village... But only if you didn't destroy your first one. If you do, you'll only be able to have 3 bridges around town max. Is that true?

ramyeon

From what I've been reading around, you can have up to 4 bridges in your village... But only if you didn't destroy your first one. If you do, you'll only be able to have 3 bridges around town max. Is that true?
I always thought it was 3 max including the original one. Never needed more than 2 in my village layout so I can't say for sure though.

I still need to come visit that guy. Is his greeting still "Bear with me" or did you change it to something worse?

Have not changed it, nope! Not sure what I will change it to when it comes up... if I do.

Looking forward to a random villager moving in soon. Some ugly pink gorilla was camping today and I walked in and right back out. :/

Perfect Town Day 1: Complete
Perfect Town Day 2: Complete
Perfect Town Day 3: Complete
Perfect Town Day 4: Complete
Perfect Town Day 5: In progress

Decided to just check up on the citizen satisfaction rating and instead of the "Goodness gracious..." message, I just got this:

"It's great! The very best town ever! I wouldn't mind being mayor again for a town that looks like this!"

I'm guessing the message will be different every 5 days leading up to Day 15. Or it was just a random moment. Either way, nothing has really changed so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom