• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always makes me laugh when animals come barging into my house:

tumblr_ms8bysqLya1rf96tno1_400.jpg

tumblr_ms8c04eUK61rf96tno1_400.jpg

Haha, I really need to start doing this.

Mekere

Pecan is moving in without asking! :( Planting her house on some of my perfect cherries tree and removing 5 pink Azalea bushes. That makes the third snooty character in my town along with whitney and Annalise.

I'll have to let one of them go...

Koren

I'm not entirely sure how it works, but try talking to all of your villagers twice. If they don't ask you to do something for them, wait until the next hour and try again. If you still don't get any requests, quit the game and reload and try again. If you still don't get any requests...well I guess your villagers are much more independent than mine.

That's basically what I would do. First see if the villager who I wanted to get a request from was around/in their house. If not, save and quit to reload their locations. If they were there, I'd talk to them at least twice to see if they gave a request. If not, I would just save and quit again and reload. Usually it works.
I'm a bit late, but many thanks to you both, I'll try to reset if I don't get requests. It's becoming more and more "Animal Crossing: Reset it if you don't get what you want"

Decided to just check up on the citizen satisfaction rating and instead of the "Goodness gracious..." message, I just got this:

"It's great! The very best town ever! I wouldn't mind being mayor again for a town that looks like this!"

I'm guessing the message will be different every 5 days leading up to Day 15. Or it was just a random moment. Either way, nothing has really changed so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing
There's three or four different messages, chosen at random each day. You're fine, indeed.

Sniffsniff, Leif told me the gardening shop is closing forever.
That's not actually true... in case you're worried ;)

From what I've been reading around, you can have up to 4 bridges in your village... But only if you didn't destroy your first one. If you do, you'll only be able to have 3 bridges around town max. Is that true?
No it isn't. I haven't destroyed my first bridge, I'm at 3, and there's no bridge anymore in the project list. And I haven't ever seen a town with 4 bridges.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I should probably go for the 15 day perfect town achievement since I'm pretty sure the only thing holding me back is all the rubbish I have lying around. Will have to wait till I get home on a stable connection so I can offer a chance for people to grab and catalogue things before I just sell it all.

Hmz, furniture out of trees and contents of money rock are randomized.

I resetted and both had other stuff in them.

Fossils and gyroids are on the same place.

Maybe some other stuff will be randomized too, but not much I think.

And had Phineas, for the badge of stalk market. But lost it by reset and didn't see him now. Still no other badges though... Thought I would have a lot more...

Chopper

Finally decided on a spot for the bell.

ppJ7e3u.jpg

Looks great, I reckon.

Pecan immediately fell asleep on the spot, so I tried waking her...

LJ1W7xB.jpg

It didn't work.

Also, finally caught a Lobster today. Just leaves Chambered Nautilus, Giant Isopod and a bloody Snail to catch! No PWP suggestion yet today though, and I've been playing for a couple of hours. :/

MicH

Static just told me he wanted to move. WHAT? You have been here for just a little more than a week?! NOPE NOPE NOPE

massoluk

Banned
Finally decided on a spot for the bell.

ppJ7e3u.jpg

Looks great, I reckon.

Pecan immediately fell asleep on the spot, so I tried waking her...

LJ1W7xB.jpg

It didn't work.

Also, finally caught a Lobster today. Just leaves Chambered Nautilus, Giant Isopod and a bloody Snail to catch! No PWP suggestion yet today though, and I've been playing for a couple of hours. :/

What the hell, you got two perfectly positioned triforce stumps waiting?
/citizenkaneclap.

Chopper

What the hell, you got two perfectly positioned triforce stumps waiting?
/citizenkaneclap.
I have more than that. I stocked up on silver axes so that I could strategically place patterns in my town to act as seats. For example, I got a couple of love heart stumps placed next to each other by my hot spring and my waterfall too, as well as a 4 leaf clover protecting my blue rose bed. Looks awesome.

Mekere

Pecan spilled everything out! She moved from the town named "Coco" Definitely not a town I visited recently, last town I visited were Philia's and my Nephew :x

So, how does the "contamination" works?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Static just told me he wanted to move. WHAT? You have been here for just a little more than a week?! NOPE NOPE NOPE

He probably got insulted that you constantly talk shit about his house. A man's got his pride, so forth.

:)

MicH

Pecan spilled everything out! She moved from the town named "Coco" Definitely not a town I visited recently, last town I visited were Philia's and my Nephew :x

So, how does the "contamination" works?
Did you by any chance streetpass someone? That's how I got infected with Beau :/

He probably got insulted that you constantly talk shit about his house. A man's got his pride, so forth.

:)
:( I luv you Static

I actually planted my alt's house right in front of his. God I hate his house

MicH

Yes, you're right. I checked the houses I streetpassed yesterday and indeed one of the town is called coco. Damn... his house was not even worth it :/
Ouch. StreetPasses are terrible in this regard!

Meanwhile I really love Biskit's house! :D :D :D It looks quite awesome surrounded by black tulips too.
Awww, Bskit. The interior of his house is totally destroyed though. God I am so sorry for that haha.

Here's a little tribute to Biskit from when he lived in Dewford <3

tumblr_moehi3QJGC1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mosrytVn231svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mov369S4UY1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_moy8twhlWE1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mp0bvbHteP1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mptkxltKVT1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mptl4rn8rT1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqat56tfid1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mqauv321qk1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mrzsd67YW41svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ms8v35w9K21svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ms8v4bMK3N1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ms8v5tExH21svgayqo1_400.jpg

Gahhhh we'll meet again soon, Biskit :(

Philia

Awww, Bskit. The interior of his house is totally destroyed though. God I am so sorry for that haha.

Here's a little tribute to Biskit from when he lived in Dewford <3

Gahhhh we'll meet again soon, Biskit :(

Dawwwwww. You'll always see him in my town! I assure you! :D

I'll definitely need to find a pic of his original furniture set. Otherwise I'm just going by villager birthdays and see what color/theme he likes.

EDIT: Oh he's easy. He likes the Green furniture set.

MicH

Also here are a few pictures of my awesome villagers taken in the last couple of days:

tumblr_ms8v7zKlQW1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ms8v9wuMeX1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ms8vb1VjmC1svgayqo1_400.jpg
tumblr_ms8v18hrKm1svgayqo1_400.jpg

Who said swimming in the ocean is safe? JESUS SHARKS THEY ARE EVERYWHERE

I already LOVE Whitney! She knows how I feel about Beau. A constant headache. And Marshal can definitely be.. weird sometimes.

EDIT: Also Beau wants me to get him a petaltail dragonfly.. yeah, not gonna happen, buddy

I remember the first time I went diving and saw a shark. Thought I was in for a Jaws moment, but the shark was scared of me... Lol?

Also, first time I bought turnips I ate 1000 by accident. How does that even work? My villagers complain when I feed them 2 apples...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Woo! Now that Mira is moving in, only Gaston *sigh* is left of my most wanted bunny villagers! After that it's just filler bunnies!

Hjasa5X.jpg

No wait, not that filler bunny. These!

Ylrg2TU.png

Oh God guys I haven't played in a while!

My town was intact though, my beloved Nibbles has moved out but has been replaced by Ankha so fair trade!
(her house is in the exact same spot too, phew)

I'm jumping back in to grab all the August catches and I can't find a damn Locust anywhere. Not a Migratory Locust, just a standard one.

Any tips?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Philia, do you still need a wistful painting? Have Redd today and there's a legit one there (also a common painting, which is always legit, if anybody needs that).

braves01

Banned
Philia, do you still need a wistful painting? Have Redd today and there's a legit one there (also a common painting, which is always legit, if anybody needs that).

I'll buy the common painting if it's okay.

Also, anyone mind letting me grab a couple cherries for a villager request?

FC's in profile.

Ouch. Streetpasses, I always forget about that. :( Thankfully, I always streetpass my husband but I don't like those NoA forced streetpasses though.
Whoa i didn't know this could happen. That's probably how Prince moved into my town. I was like, "where did you come from?!" But Curly is taking off too so I can get a more preferred villager in the future. Just have to be careful I guess with where I take my 3ds lol.

What is the maximum possible score you can get on your home from the HHA? Is that considered a spoiler? I've unlocked all the rewards, but I'd like to max out my score before changing my house to the way I want it.

I passed my 4th and final Gracie Check yesterday, and now my town's store is undergoing its last expansion, which should be done on Friday.
Congrats. I'm still waiting on her to visit my town two more times.

Philia

What is the maximum possible score you can get on your home from the HHA? Is that considered a spoiler? I've unlocked all the rewards, but I'd like to max out my score before changing my house to the way I want it.

Without some of the Gracie's stuff, I managed to reach 2,600,000 points.

Elija2

Oh God guys I haven't played in a while!

My town was intact though, my beloved Nibbles has moved out but has been replaced by Ankha so fair trade!
(her house is in the exact same spot too, phew)

Wow, lucky you. Some people wait a lifetime for a chance to get Ankha, and you got her completely by accident.

Koren

Wow, lucky you. Some people wait a lifetime for a chance to get Ankha, and you got her completely by accident.
I really like Nibbles, and I don't think I would find it a fair exchange myself ^_^

Is there a way to prevent neighbors leaving when you don't play for a couple of days (or more) ? For people who try to get their "dream villagers", how will you force them to stay? By playing each day for months?

Elija2

So I'm doing the new character trick to make sure Rosie moves into a good spot, and the first spot she moved into was one space south and one space west of Barold's old home. That's really weird. It's gonna be hard to try and block that spot with a PWP later.

Is there a way to prevent neighbors leaving when you don't play for a couple of days (or more) ? For people who try to get their "dream villagers", how will you force them to stay? By playing each day for months?

If you don't play for one to four days you should still have a chance to prevent someone from moving. Any longer than that and I think you're screwed.

braves01

Banned
I've got a Ribbot at my campsite today. He doesn't seem to want to move into my town, but I'm guessing that's because I've got 10 villagers already. But if someone visits me is there a chance he'll want to move to their town? Not quite sure how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom