• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

You're right, looked it up on Thonky.

And I've never been around when Farun was doing that :(

But I see a new Japanse holiday comes up next month, then you can receive the Dango from Isabelle. What ever the hell that is :p

And Weeding day is supposedly september third in Japan. I wonder how that works.
Oooh, I hope Farun is still around. I haven't seen her lately.

In regards to Weeding Day, certain items are only giving to visitors who helped weed the town. You need pick 30 weeds in that town to get a prize. So yeah, not really easy to do. It's better to accumulate 50+ weeds to have Leif appear in town to get them.

Also if you have weeds on Weeding Day you lose out on the topiary PWPs

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thank you, thank you guys! :D

Niraj, LOL well hey. You got my husband's excel sheet to go on. You just let me know which furniture you're missing and I'll order it for you. :)

Oh I hope you didn't think I was being disingenuous. I'm glad you got it.

I'm doing alright. I'm at high 70s in furniture, 70s in wallpaper and carpet, 20s for dresses (lol), 90s in shoes/socks, 80s in umbrellas, 80s in accessories, 60s for hats, 60s for shirts, 90s in stationary, 60s in pants, 80s in gyroids, 100 in songs :p I'm leaving most of the seasonal sets for their respective times (like snowman, ice, etc) so it still may be a bit.

You're right, looked it up on Thonky.

And I've never been around when Farun was doing that :(

But I see a new Japanse holiday comes up next month, then you can receive the Dango from Isabelle. What ever the hell that is :p

And Weeding day is supposedly september third in Japan. I wonder how that works.

I think Dango is some kind of sweet/dumpling. That's what it looks like at least.

Linius

Oooh, I hope Farun is still around. I haven't seen her lately.

In regards to Weeding Day, certain items are only giving to visitors who helped weed the town. You need pick 30 weeds in that town to get a prize. So yeah, not really easy to do. It's better to accumulate 50+ weeds to have Leif appear in town to get them.

Also if you have weeds on Weeding Day you lose out on the topiary PWPs

Ah, thanks for the info on that. Going with the PWPs then by the time our own weeding day is (april next year ffs).

Thanks again to the generosity of the gaffers who stopped by yesterday for Katrina and funded my little water well. Pretty pleased with it despite it not actually doing anything.

tumblr_msd8br0cjp1qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Also, I don't know if anyone remembers this post I made in the last OT about my pet Napoleonfish, Boney, who met an unfortunate end in a Retail premium related incident.

Happily, I finally found another Napoleonfish, Boney II, a couple nights ago to replace my dearly departed friend.

tumblr_msbpn44Y911qa25kqo1_400.jpg

Unfortunately, my enthusiasm was short-lived as last night, this occurred...

tumblr_msbpn44Y911qa25kqo2_400.jpg
tumblr_msbpn44Y911qa25kqo3_400.jpg

Time to find Boney III. :(

Elija2

I love Molly so much, she's so CUTE! And damn, my grass had never looked so much better now. :)
BS8tU49CYAAbFQP.jpg

How are you able to keep your grass looking that good? Do you rarely step on the grass, or does the Beautiful Town ordinance make that much of a difference?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Also, I don't know if anyone remembers this post I made in the last OT about my pet Napoleonfish, Boney, who met an unfortunate end in a Retail premium related incident.

Happily, I finally found another Napoleonfish, Boney II, a couple nights ago to replace my dearly departed friend.

lol poor girl :p

MicH

Touching story BPB :lol

Btw Mich if you're reading this, you still need bushes or should I just toss them out?
Definitely don't toss them :eek: I can ALWAYS use bushes :D I plan on getting rid of all my hibiscus bushes (which I have many of) so yeah. Thanks for getting them for me!

Philia

How are you able to keep your grass looking that good? Do you rarely step on the grass, or does the Beautiful Town ordinance make that much of a difference?

Ever since I'm using BT, I never EVER venture on them to water the large patches of flowers ever again. They're just there to hide the damn grass really, so it working in two-fold effect. :)

Linius

Definitely don't toss them :eek: I can ALWAYS use bushes :D I plan on getting rid of all my hibiscus bushes (which I have many of) so yeah. Thanks for getting them for me!

Good! Two of them are Azalea (pink and white) and the other two are hydrangea (both blue).

EDIT

When I can finally start my own landscaping project I will have to track down bushes myself but I don't know what I want yet so I'll keep handing them out for a while.

Marvie_3

Banned
i'm using both azaleas (both colors) and hydrangea (both colors too). Thanks guys
I've got several of these in storage I can give to you when I pick up Rodney tomorrow.

I've been replacing all my hibiscus with hydrangeas. They look so much better.

Elija2

Hahaha.

Ever since I'm using BT, I never EVER venture on them to water the large patches of flowers ever again. They're just there to hide the damn grass really, so it working in two-fold effect. :)

Yeah, I'll probably switch to Beautiful Town ordinance when school starts so I don't have to spend 20 minutes every day watering them. But that'll get rid of all my weeds that I stockpiled for weeding day. I might just have to get rid of them because it's taking ages to get 50. I swear my villagers keep picking them.

MicH

Final smug PWP given! I now have all the PWPs from normal, uchi, lazy, jock and smug villagers :eek:

Need 1 from peppy (fairy-tale bridge ugh), a LOT from cranky and quite a few from snooty. Gonna be tough. Static refuses to contribute :(

I've got several of these in storage I can give to you when I pick up Rodney tomorrow.

I've been replacing all my hibiscus with hydrangeas. They look so much better.
They really do. I've recently been taking a liking to the azalea bushes because they're just a bit lighter in color than the hydrangeas which are a bit too dark, in my opinion.

Philia

Yeah, I'll probably switch to Beautiful Town ordinance when school starts so I don't have to spend 20 minutes every day watering them. But that'll get rid of all my weeds that I stockpiled for weeding day. I might just have to get rid of them because it's taking ages to get 50. I swear my villagers keep picking them.

You'll be happy to hear that clovers show up still despite of BT. They just love to pop up everywhere. They count as weed.

Linius

Try 200 baskets of perfect peaches. :\

Yeah I figured that amount, I saw your post about the ten million earlier today. Hopefully I can unload before I reach numbers like that. What would you say is the ideal size of an orchard. I'm doing a new one when I'm redoing my town. I was thinking something like 50 perfect fruit trees should do right?

Final smug PWP given! I now have all the PWPs from normal, uchi, lazy, jock and smug villagers :eek:

Need 1 from peppy (fairy-tale bridge ugh), a LOT from cranky and quite a few from snooty. Gonna be tough. Static refuses to contribute :(

Damn, that's a lot of PWPs. I need way more than that, but I haven't been 'farming' them in ages. I just see what comes to me, don't feel like spending hours to get a PWP. How else could I play other games besides AC and live a life and stuff? :p

Marvie_3

Banned
They really do. I've recently been taking a liking to the azalea bushes because they're just a bit lighter in color than the hydrangeas which are a bit too dark, in my opinion.
The darker color is a big part of why I like the hydrangeas. If you decide to stop using them, let me know. I'll swap azaleas for any hydrangeas you get.

Gracie's in town looking for a "Modern" outfit, and the only piece that I have that fits is a Cool Top (and I've checked the clothing shops). Would anyone be willing to bring an outfit over to my town so I could put it on and impress her? It's the 3rd time out of 4 to get my final upgrade to the store.

Ore's also being bought at a bonus in my Re-tail, so if you have some stocked up, it could be a good time to sell it off.

Frogstep

That's kind of where I've been at. My cranky villager spends most of his time indoors or in shops/musem and when he does walk up to me he always asks me what kind of animal I think he is...
Stupid giant pink panda. He'll be replaced with Camofrog!

Philia

Yeah I figured that amount, I saw your post about the ten million earlier today. Hopefully I can unload before I reach numbers like that. What would you say is the ideal size of an orchard. I'm doing a new one when I'm redoing my town. I was thinking something like 50 perfect fruit trees should do right?

Its really your call. For example, my town layout had maximum landspace opposed to towns that has zig-zag rivers. So I can reasonably plant 400 trees. Yes. That much.

Second, I'm unemployed so its easy for me to just spend alot of time shaking trees, picking them up, allocating them into baskets, storing into the locker, trash the rotten, chop the dead, dig up the normal stumps... and ultimately have enough alts to store all of the baskets. I have 2 alts at the present.

Linius

Its really your call. For example, my town layout had maximum landspace opposed to towns that has zig-zag rivers. So I can reasonably plant 400 trees. Yes. That much.

Second, I'm unemployed so its easy for me to just spend alot of time shaking trees, picking them up, allocating them into baskets, storing into the locker, trash the rotten, chop the dead, dig up the normal stumps... and ultimately have enough alts to store all of the baskets. I have 3 alts at the present.

That's almost a day job Philia :p

Yeah, I'm never getting the time to do that. Or let's say I'd like to spend some spare time on other games and activities besides harvesting perfect pears.

If I go with 50 trees I should get 1.8 million a week in perfect pears. Of course there will be weeks in which a lot of trees die and I get a little less. But it should definitely be around 6.5 million a month. If I can keep that up together with some turnip trading I should be able to reach the 100 million by the end of this year. I'm at 45 million as we speak and my daily spendings at shops and such are paid by selling fossils and random furniture I get from villagers. Also doing some money making at Gamefaqs when I feel like it.

Philia

That's almost a day job Philia :p

Yeah, I'm never getting the time to do that. Or let's say I'd like to spend some spare time on other games and activities besides harvesting perfect pears.

If I go with 50 trees I should get 1.8 million a week in perfect pears. Of course there will be weeks in which a lot of trees die and I get a little less. But it should definitely be around 6.5 million a month. If I can keep that up together with some turnip trading I should be able to reach the 100 million by the end of this year. I'm at 45 million as we speak and my daily spendings at shops and such are paid by selling fossils and random furniture I get from villagers. Also doing some money making at Gamefaqs when I feel like it.

Yeah, I hear you. I'm at 58 million currently, my perfect peach runs had stalled when I've left my town near bare in order to hunt down that scorpion. I just now gotten most of the harvests out of this one.

Elija2

You'll be happy to hear that clovers show up still despite of BT. They just love to pop up everywhere. They count as weed.

Well I already got a four-leaf clover and just stockpiling clovers in my town is gonna take ages.

Gracie's in town looking for a "Modern" outfit, and the only piece that I have that fits is a Cool Top (and I've checked the clothing shops). Would anyone be willing to bring an outfit over to my town so I could put it on and impress her? It's the 3rd time out of 4 to get my final upgrade to the store.

I got the modern fashion check today too and I passed it. I can give you the clothes I used (or just the shoes and accessory since you already have a shirt).

Linius

I have the sets out again, if the posters who missed out on it yesterday are around right now. Post if you're here!

I was about to head to bed but I have your stuff all here. I actually have to be up in like three hours so I should really have been in bed already but life got in the way. But tomorrow I'm playing so I hope you're around then :)

Jak140

I was about to head to bed but I have your stuff all here. I actually have to be up in like three hours so I should really have been in bed already but life got in the way. But tomorrow I'm playing so I hope you're around then :)

Sorry about that, had some real life errands to run earlier. Hopefully I'll catch you tomorrow!

Sorry about that, had some real life errands to run earlier. Hopefully I'll catch you tomorrow!

Checked back in your older posts and saw several mentions of cataloging... how does that work, exactly? Are you setting out sets in your house and inviting people in? Or do people have to actually pick them up to catalog them?

Jak140

Checked back in your older posts and saw several mentions of cataloging... how does that work, exactly? Are you setting out sets in your house and inviting people in? Or do people have to actually pick them up to catalog them?
The sets are in my plaza and you have to pick them up to add them to your catalog. You and anyone else is welcome to join, though I plan on only doing a few groups as it takes a bit of time.

The sets are in my plaza and you have to pick them up to add them to your catalog. You and anyone else is welcome to join, though I plan on only doing a few groups as it takes a bit of time.

That would be awesome, if I could please. 0860-3238-1584 is my FC, what's yours? And how far down the list am I?

Jak140

That would be awesome, if I could please. 0860-3238-1584 is my FC, what's yours? And how far down the list am I?
There were some others who missed it yesterday, but they seem to not be online right now. My FC is 3566 2276 4051. I'll wait about ten minutes to see if anyone else would like to join, then open my gate.

If anyone else would like to join, these are the sets I have for cataloging right now: number lamps, totem pole, chess, space, mad scientist, random rare Japanese furniture, patchwork, jingle, and orderable Halloween masks. If you want to join the first group reply in the next ten minutes. Thanks!

There were some others who missed it yesterday, but they seem to not be online right now. My FC is 3566 2276 4051. I'll wait about ten minutes to see if anyone else would like to join, then open my gate.

If anyone else would like to join, these are the sets I have for cataloging right now: number lamps, totem pole, chess, space, mad scientist, random rare Japanese furniture, patchwork, jingle, and orderable Halloween masks. If you want to join the first group reply in the next ten minutes. Thanks!

I would like to join in, presuming no one from before shows up first.

Edit: Missed the "else" in there, whoops.

Garland7G

Congrats! How many dreamies are you at right now?

I have
Mint
Cheri
Fauna
Ankha

Still need
Julian
Jacques
Shep
Lolly
Pekoe (had her in the camp once and messed up!)

Not sure on the 10th yet but prolly Rosie or Pashmina so I still have a long ways to go. Getting there tho ;)

Edit: I'd love to keep Biskit (prolly will) but his house is in such a horrible spot ugh! Just puts a damper on the whole thing :(

Philia

Edit: I'd love to keep Biskit (prolly will) but his house is in such a horrible spot ugh! Just puts a damper on the whole thing :(

Man, I hear you. I wish I moved Rosie elsewhere better. I literally forgot to alt reset for her. But I've managed to alt reset the others just perfectly so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom