• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philia

Pooh! Got a two lamp for giving Static a perfect pear (wanted a regular). SOOO CLOSE!!

I know this sounds really stupid but is there a way for your TT mayor to donate taranulta and scorpion to your current main museum? I know it'll look funny on the donation list but hey. Just an idea. Oh nvm... I was thinking of alts. Silly me. Disregard.

Also check your pm.

Garland7G

Man, I hear you. I wish I moved Rosie elsewhere better. I literally forgot to alt reset for her. But I've managed to alt reset the others just perfectly so far.

Same here, after that happened with Biskit, I'm sure to alt check their placement. Ankha and Mint both moved into perfect spots on the 1st try too :)

Elija2

Man, I hear you. I wish I moved Rosie elsewhere better. I literally forgot to alt reset for her. But I've managed to alt reset the others just perfectly so far.

Yeah, I was planning on Grizzly being my permanent cranky villager but I didn't do the new character trick because I figured that wherever his house lands wouldn't be so bad. How foolish was I.

Now I'm doing the new character trick every day until my town is full. I'm too cautious now.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I know this sounds really stupid but is there a way for your TT mayor to donate taranulta and scorpion to your current main museum? I know it'll look funny on the donation list but hey. Just an idea. Oh nvm... I was thinking of alts. Silly me. Disregard.

Also check your pm.

If you are visiting someone's village, and you talk to Blathers, he says he's not doing museumy stuff while there are visitors in the city. So no.
Edit: Oops didn't see the last part!

braves01

Banned
Overcame my fear of being seen in public as a grown ass man using a 3DS to collect exclusive digital furniture and got my afternoon tea set.

I also streetpassed this dude with a creepy basement.

zlCfzRG9afIf0lmkyF

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
A giant stag is a giant stag :p

Please do! I may need to switch to one a la this once the grass turns brown :p

I'll have it for you by tomorrow! It was taking longer than I thought it would and I need to go to work. Later!

Garland7G

That thing is so massive and so useless. I can't believe they made it an island item just because it's a kitchen 'island'.

Not only is it big as hell, it really is useless.
Can’t wait to see which villager buys this :]

tumblr_msdkgulpkJ1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_msdkexdRu71swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_msdkd4TvAi1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

BUY IT!!!!!

tumblr_mrp8u70Y351swi0i7o1_400.jpg

For reference… This is what the inside of Rodeo’s house looks like.

Elija2

As soon as midnight hit, one of the cracks for a time capsule that I buried showed up. It was Curly's and I was able to give it to him. Weird how it activated at midnight instead of 6AM.

mb.exe

I finally got a camper, and it was the lazy type I needed (Cole -- he seems okay).

Now I just need to get rid of Sylvia the kangaroo and Bree the mouse. Are there any working tricks to get specific villagers to move out yet?

ramyeon

Octavian has been the best camper I've had yet haha. Traded him for 16 million bells and Lucky. Very pleased.

BS-oRlxCAAA4O3O.jpg

Finally got around to getting all the jokes from Shrunk. Love the jacket he gives you.

BS-owtVCUAAWAOG.jpg

My dream villager list is coming together. Now I have Ankha, Lucky, Rosie, Mira, Marshal, Kabuki. Just need Zucker and Bam and an undecided Normal personality type :D

Perfect Town Day 1: Complete
Perfect Town Day 2: Complete
Perfect Town Day 3: Complete
Perfect Town Day 4: Complete
Perfect Town Day 5: Complete
Perfect Town Day 6: Complete
Perfect Town Day 7: In progress

Other than watering flowers, didn't really do much else today. Except try to get the afternoon tea set with no success at all. Went to two McDonald's that both had the Wifi up and still couldn't connect.

Jak140

Perfect Town Day 1: Complete
Perfect Town Day 2: Complete
Perfect Town Day 3: Complete
Perfect Town Day 4: Complete
Perfect Town Day 5: Complete
Perfect Town Day 6: Complete
Perfect Town Day 7: In progress

Other than watering flowers, didn't really do much else today. Except try to get the afternoon tea set with no success at all. Went to two McDonald's that both had the Wifi up and still couldn't connect.

Just change your wifi name to "BestBuy" and you can download it from home. Much easier.

Oh, crap. It's the last day of August and I still haven't caught a Scarab beetle or a Giant Stag. I will have from 11pm - 12am tonight to get both...
You can get both on the island all year round.

The scarab beetle is not a fun one to get, since they look extremely similar to fruit beetles.

ramyeon

If there's one thing I really dislike about the game it's fishing and bug catching. At first it's kind of fun, but as soon as you start getting specific requests for fish the flaws are really apparent. For a game that revolves around a pick up and play ideal it's ridiculous that it basically forces you to "grind" for fish or bugs, since there's pretty much zero tactic or skill required, just luck of whether or not it actually spawns.

Yeah, I've been walking up and down my beach for the past half hour looking for a surgeonfish.

Edit: Naturally it spawns right after I complain about it :p still think it's a silly system.

Koren

If there's one thing I really dislike about the game it's fishing and bug catching. At first it's kind of fun, but as soon as you start getting specific requests for fish the flaws are really apparent. For a game that revolves around a pick up and play ideal it's ridiculous that it basically forces you to "grind" for fish or bugs, since there's pretty much zero tactic or skill required, just luck of whether or not it actually spawns.
I'm keeping many rare fishs and bugs just in case of requests, it makes things much more enjoyable... Too bad they never asked for a tarentula T_T

ramyeon

I'm keeping many rare fishs and bugs just in case of requests, it makes things much more enjoyable... Too bad they never asked for a tarentula T_T
Yeah I've started doing so too, but this was an uncommon fish and it still took over half an hour, crazy! I wouldn't mind if it was fun to fish but it's just so mind numbingly boring.

Reckoner

Yeah, I don't blame you. I just got very lucky with her items very very early on. Second time she gave me the world map! The only item she haven't gave me was her pic until I got a spare from a friend and then bam she gave me one lol, so I gave it to my hubby. :)

Also!

Pic dump!

MicH and I doing the shuffle at his awesome picnic. :)
BS8rxBtCEAAtsAK.jpg

that's so cute. Where did you get the tablecloth and the beach chairs?

You were still missing some Saharah things right? Which ones? Or did you get everything in the mean time? :p
Got them in the mean time. :) Got Saharah today and got blue tarp and a Saharah Desert. Now I have the whole set, she gives me her items... :(

I have the sets out again, if the posters who missed out on it yesterday are around right now. Post if you're here!

There were some others who missed it yesterday, but they seem to not be online right now. My FC is 3566 2276 4051. I'll wait about ten minutes to see if anyone else would like to join, then open my gate.

If anyone else would like to join, these are the sets I have for cataloging right now: number lamps, totem pole, chess, space, mad scientist, random rare Japanese furniture, patchwork, jingle, and orderable Halloween masks. If you want to join the first group reply in the next ten minutes. Thanks!

Still available? Just awake, but I could squeeze some quick time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom