• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

mb.exe

Is there a trick you guys are using to get villager pics? Or do you just talk to them over and over until they give you stuff to do and hope for the best? I have a few but haven't gotten one for weeks

Jak140

Is there a trick you guys are using to get villager pics? Or do you just talk to them over and over until they give you stuff to do and hope for the best? I have a few but haven't gotten one for weeks
The trick is to give them the absolute best version of whatever they ask you to get them (sharks if they ask for ocean fish, golden stag if they ask for a stag, remade furniture if they ask for furniture, perfect fruit even if the one they ask for is foreign, etc. Also if you have an out of town petition they may give you a pic for that). And if you don't mind resetting, save right before you give it to them and keep restarting the game until they give you their pic. Before you go through the trouble though, make sure you are good friends with them. You can check this by saying their name into the megaphone when they are near (don't yell into their ear though), if they wave at you it means you're good friends and you have a chance of getting their pic. Also, idk if it does anything, but having good feng shui and wearing your lucky item for the day probably doesn't hurt.

Garland7G

I currently have Pashmina, I assume that's who you meant, in my town.
Whenever she decides to move out you can have her. I'm looking to replace her with the more superior Mira anyway.

Thx! let me know ;)

Don't forget that tonight is K.K. night.

I got the last song that I need (besides the birthday song) today so I have no reason to visit every Saturday from now on.

Totally forgot about that 3rd week in a row. Missed it again ;(
It played out like this when I got there.

tumblr_msfr7wCcEj1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Saw Tammy hanging out around the club.
tumblr_msfr3opCA21swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_msfr1wiTaH1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_msfr0hvUmV1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

tumblr_msfrh4NpaE1swi0i7o1_400.jpg

Shrunk Funk Shuffle :)

The trick is to give them the absolute best version of whatever they ask you to get them (sharks if they ask for ocean fish, golden stag if they ask for a stag, remade furniture if they ask for furniture, perfect fruit even if the one they ask for is foreign, etc. Also if you have an out of town petition they may give you a pic for that). And if you don't mind resetting, save right before you give it to them and keep restarting the game until they give you their pic. Before you go through the trouble though, make sure you are good friends with them. You can check this by saying their name into the megaphone when they are near (don't yell into their ear though), if they wave at you it means you're good friends and you have a chance of getting their pic. Also, idk if it does anything, but having good feng shui and wearing your lucky item for the day probably doesn't hurt.
Do these things actually help? I was always afraid to give them the perfect version of a fruit if they didn't ask for it specifically, since I thought they would get mad.

And is remade furniture really more attractive to villagers?

Rocwell

Do these things actually help? I was always afraid to give them the perfect version of a fruit if they didn't ask for it specifically, since I thought they would get mad.

Not sure about the remade furniture but when you bring them perfect fruit they make a big deal about it and are really grateful.

jts

...hate me...
I think I'm overdoing the perfect fruit trees. How many trees are enough? Just planted 72 or something. On top of many more.

Also, does rotten fruit stack with perfect fruit? I'm kinda afraid that I don't notice it. Especially because my orchards are so dense.

In other news, just bought 4400 turnips @ 102, my biggest investment yet (sorry I'm poor).

Bitches don't know 'bout Rockets... I mean... she's okay. She's certainly no Agent 9/Kid Cat. I just had Kody move in, who is decidedly not Poncho. I miss Poncho :'(

Jak140

In my experience yes. If you give them a perfect version (especially perfect foreign fruit) or remade furniture (try to give them furniture that fits the style of their house), they will give you spotlight items or furniture you haven't cataloged yet and the chance of getting a pic greatly increases. This is how I got all ten of my villagers pics in the less than two months since I started playing. I never got a pic from giving regular furniture, I got three from remade furniture.

Koren

I think I'm overdoing the perfect fruit trees. How many trees are enough?
What do you mean? There's no "minimum" (although one is nice for requests), it depends on what you want to do with them.

Also, does rotten fruit stack with perfect fruit?
No. They even DON'T stack at all, unfortunately.

Not sure about the remade furniture but when you bring them perfect fruit they make a big deal about it and are really grateful.
I wanted to do this, I should ask people a basket of their perfect fruits...

The only downside I see to Perfect Fruit trees galore is that they will die after so many harvests (EDIT: 5-7 according to the Wiki), so you'll have to make sure you're keeping a few around to plant afterwards. You'll probably need a Golden Axe so this doesn't get entirely frustrating after a few harvests. Also, I guess if your Perfect Town tree level contains your Perfect Fruit orchard, you might risk losing the status if you cut loads down.

But, 3000 bells a pop. So good. Found a perfect cherry in my brothers town, gonna make madddd bells.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Full moon vanity looks nice. The black with yellow highlights is a nice colour scheme. Shame there isn't much that matches it.

Koren

try to give them furniture that fits the style of their house
I used to give them furnitures fitting their theme, but what's best, furnitures fitting the theme of their house, or furnitures they love according to the birthday gift table?

Strangely, they don't match. At all... Bree has a regal house, and when you look at the list, although she indeed like white, she like formal and dislike old (regal doesn't seems to be old, but still, that's strange)

It's been a fair while since I checked here, literally nothing has happened in my town for ages but Gracie finally showed up for the first time a few days ago (took over a month!) so I promptly abused the TT trick to clear all 4 of those checks, it was either that or stop playing the game entirely.

Finally today Timbra decided she wants to leave on the 5th, after months of trying to force her out I'll be rid of her!

So does anyone here have any villagers due to leave, or anyone with multiple towns have some decent villagers that could leave soon? I'd rather not leave that slot open for too long in case I get another unwanted pest invading.

It's been a fair while since I checked here, literally nothing has happened in my town for ages but Gracie finally showed up for the first time a few days ago (took over a month!) so I promptly abused the TT trick to clear all 4 of those checks, it was either that or stop playing the game entirely.

Finally today Timbra decided she wants to leave on the 5th, after months of trying to force her out I'll be rid of her!

So does anyone here have any villagers due to leave, or anyone with multiple towns have some decent villagers that could leave soon? I'd rather not leave that slot open for too long in case I get another unwanted pest invading.

You're welcome to come and harass any of my villagers into leaving. I'd still quite like to get rid of Shari, Winnie, and Rocket.

I need to raise some bells before 12pm for some turnips, not going to live like an impoverished bastard this week! Going to expand maa houuuse.

Jak140

I used to give them furnitures fitting their theme, but what's best, furnitures fitting the theme of their house, or furnitures they love according to the birthday gift table?

Strangely, they don't match. At all... Bree has a regal house, and when you look at the list, although she indeed like white, she like formal and dislike old (regal doesn't seems to be old, but still, that's strange)
Idk, I never used the birthday list. I just looked at what was in their house and gave them remade furniture that was the same color or from the same sets.

Frost_Ace

I have Deidre in boxes.

Chopper

First day of September, and it is absolutely hooning with rain here in Buckland. That means one thing...

fhHS1vV.jpg

Finally! This is a big deal for me.

Also, Linius, if you're around today, could I log that music?

Yay, downloaded the afternoon tea-set. Gonna change my SSID back later to grab the full moon vanity.

BTW are there any Emporium owners who can let me over to buy spare Sweets furniture?

Not sure what I can do in return... I have tons of StreetPass items to unload at least.

Linius

Full Moon Vanity is the monthly DLC?

And I need to grab a couple Afternoon Tea Sets too since it can't be ordered. Better have a few spares at hand.

And yes Chopper, I was planning on that today ;)

No more cicadas...how lovely :)

Well, we have the crickets now instead... But those are less annoying. :)

And a tenth villager moved in today, good news it is an uchi, other news (not necessarily bad), it's:

Diva...

Aida.png

Hmz, someguyinahat didn't visit my town or I his in a while, so... Guess the game wanted it to be this way... Still wanted Frita actually

And they are all living at one side of the river, the underneath, so that's nice I guess. can use the upperside for other stuff. :)

At the moment, Drago and Frita, though I'm guessing you probably don't want the latter. I'll be trying to move through a few after tomorrow when frogstep picks up Cousteau so there might be some more interesting villagers available later in the week.

I'm sorry...so very very sorry. I tried to find an owner for her so this wouldn't happen. :(

It's not your fault, you havent been in my town for a while, so you can't have transferred here. Still, she's one of the better ushi's, so I will get used to her. :) She's better than that Shari monkey.

@bpb, oh, nice Frita. Shame I don't have space anymore, would have taken her in a heartbeat. :)

MicH

Ooh! Sweets furniture. Surprisingly cheap even when not on sale.

Fall stuff in Ables :D

omgyis

I never did catch that tarantula, but whatever.

Also when you go giving your character is freezing when he gets out of the water :( Time to wear hackers, I guess. Gotta find a new look! ... I did just buy a black denim-jacket today

My game is frozen on Kevin asking me to leave. :( I've turned him down a few times in the past and still can't decide.

@bpb, oh, nice Frita. Shame I don't have space anymore, would have taken her in a heartbeat. :)

Sorry about the bad timing, koala. :( Niraj mentioned to me that you were interested in her but I've had some villagers stuck moving so I couldn't push her out. I wish I could have TTed her out in time.

My game is frozen on Kevin asking me to leave. :( I've turned him down a few times in the past and still can't decide.

Sorry about the bad timing, koala. :( Niraj mentioned to me that you were interested in her but I've had some villagers stuck moving so I couldn't push her out. I wish I could have TTed her out in time.

Np, she will turn up another time. :) There are at least 3 villagers I want out of my town, so maybe when those are out, I have another shot. :)

At the moment, Drago and Frita, though I'm guessing you probably don't want the latter. I'll be trying to move through a few after tomorrow when frogstep picks up Cousteau so there might be some more interesting villagers available later in the week.

Haha, yeah I really don't want another sheep.

Drago seems awesome and I'd be really interested in taking him, but I already have 2 lazy villagers and without Timbra I'll be lacking any Snooty types which isn't ideal. If you don't get any other interesting Snooty or Normal types later in the week, could I take Drago from you?

Haha, yeah I really don't want another sheep.

Drago seems awesome and I'd be really interested in taking him, but I already have 2 lazy villagers and without Timbra I'll be lacking any Snooty types which isn't ideal. If you don't get any other interesting Snooty or Normal types later in the week, could I take Drago from you?

Yes, absolutely. I have 4 lazies there so there isn't a lot of variety at the moment but I'll PM you about who moves in after Cousteau leaves and you can have your pick.

Now that it's September, does that mean tans are disabled?

You can still tan until September 15.

MicH

Red dragonfly, Salmon and Pike GET! Also got silver fish badge.

Need King salmon and I'm done fishing. Need scorpion for bugs lol lol

Linius

The three villagers I'd like to add to my town most at this point are Henry, Mira and Ankha. Ankha would be a great swap for Claudia (both snooty). And if Rhonda finally leaves I'd love to get in Henry. And the uchi swap Pashmina for Mira.

If that happens I have:

- Julian
- Kabuki
- Apple
- Flurry
- Frank
- Henry / Rhonda
- Ankha / Claudia
- Mira / Pashmina
- Jay
- Simon

Jay and Simon are just two nice villagers and as long as I need PWPs from their type (jock and lazy) I'd keep them around but I'm not overly attached to them so at some point they can leave. So at this point I have 5 villagers in town who I'll probably never allow to leave.

Red dragonfly, Salmon and Pike GET! Also got silver fish badge.

Need King salmon and I'm done fishing. Need scorpion for bugs lol lol

I missed out on a Tarantula and now I'll never be the king of the bugs :(

I found this great little Android app that catalogues all your bugs/fish/seafood, really useful.

MicH

The three villagers I'd like to add to my town most at this point are Henry, Mira and Ankha. Ankha would be a great swap for Claudia (both snooty). And if Rhonda finally leaves I'd love to get in Henry. And the uchi swap Pashmina for Mira.

If that happens I have:

- Julian
- Kabuki
- Apple
- Flurry
- Frank
- Henry / Rhonda
- Ankha / Claudia
- Mira / Pashmina
- Jay
- Simon

Jay and Simon are just two nice villagers and as long as I need PWPs from their type (jock and lazy) I'd keep them around but I'm not overly attached to them so at some point they can leave. So at this point I have 5 villagers in town who I'll probably never allow to leave.
Dude, I got Henry in my TT town! Let me know when you have room for him and I'll try to get him out

Got gyroids on premium today.

I think I'll finally sell my lot; I'm getting tired of collecting them.

Have at least 50 or whatever's the max no. of items you can put in a room.

Anybody want to catalog/take my gyroids before I dispose of them? Or come over to sell yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom