• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I should have asked you to save. My mistake. Cataloging is like the most boring thing ever and it takes ages with that much stuff.

And now the stupid monkey keeps telling me someone's busy and I can't enter. If he keeps repeating I'm just gonna stop playing for a few hours because it's beginning to get a bit frustrating now.

Sorry, was in dialogue mode, now it should be fine.

MicH

I just spent 900k in GracieGrace. Emptied out everything lmao.

BUT I'M STILL RICH MWHAHAHA

EDIT: Does anyone wanna trade golden stuff?

I need the golden bed, man and woman.

I can trade golden bench, dresser, wall and floor.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
After being given two blue roses I gave up on my red+ patch and just focused on breeding the blue roses. When I finished my massive flower patch on the east side of the river I'll go back to trying to get one blue rose on my own.

Linius

After being given two blue roses I gave up on my red+ patch and just focused on breeding the blue roses. When I finished my massive flower patch on the east side of the river I'll go back to trying to get one blue rose on my own.

I gave up on it too. Now with two tries I already have six blue roses from the two I started with.

Got gyroids on premium today.

I think I'll finally sell my lot; I'm getting tired of collecting them.

Have at least 50 or whatever's the max no. of items you can put in a room.

Anybody want to catalog/take my gyroids before I dispose of them? Or come over to sell yours?

If you have any howloids or oboids, I'd like to take them off your hands.

And, @ philia, perfect peach premium.

Marvie_3

Banned
If you could save one for me I'd love to pick one up later :D
Can do. Just send me a PM when you want them.

That's what I did too. Up to about 12 now.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Does anybody have Katie? I wanna see if a flat backpack on the back will look as horrible as I think. Here is my Katie dress without her backpack:

WsMxOjQ.jpg

And proof that the anti-aliasing in the pro designs is kinda crap:

or0WYSe.jpg

Jak140

In my experience, this makes no difference. They just comment because it's different, that's all. I've gotten I believe 2-3 pictures from regular furniture, and haven't noticed any increased percentages of getting stuff I haven't cataloged/spotlight items with the "improved" versions of what have you. Chances are you could have gotten them with normal stuff as it was, although there's really no way for you to tell. If you were resetting, that's not exactly proof either, as you could have just reset your way into getting it without the gift being a factor, if that makes sense. Just my two cents, but I've gotten...18 or 19 pictures off the top of my head.

That's possible, but I've noticed that when I've given remade furniture, it only took 2 or 3 resets to get a picture. I've given remade furniture 4 times and gotten a pic in 2 or 3 resets on 3 of the 4 occasions. On the one that I didn't, I'm pretty sure my friendship wasn't high enough with that character yet. Keep in mind that you have to give it to them when they are outside, otherwise they will just give you whatever furniture you are replacing. This is how you end up getting a t-shirt for remade furniture. It's also pretty easy for me to tell when I'm getting furniture I haven't gotten yet, as I only have a few orderables left I need to catalog. When I've been responding to high ticket requests I've noticed them giving the items I'm missing if they're not giving me pics when I reset. I do always make sure to wear my lucky item when possible and have high feng shui though.

Nori Chan

I spent under 1 million bells on the turnip game today for 90 bells. Hopefully I can cash out. I filled my closet with a lot of turnips and are also laying around the house lol

Thanks weemadarthur for letting sell my perfect peaches at your town. And Joan was walking there with prices of 90 bells a turnips, so I couldn't pass that up. Could only buy 3600 turnips, cause my locker is filled, but then again I had already the gold stalk market badge, so I was not gonna buy any at first and I was late anyway to buy some in my town. :) So yay, some more profits in the coming week. :) Thank you so much weemadarthur. :)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
That's possible, but I've noticed that when I've given remade furniture, it only took 2 or 3 resets to get a picture. I've given remade furniture 4 times and gotten a pic in 2 or 3 resets on 3 of the 4 occasions. On the one that I didn't, I'm pretty sure my friendship wasn't high enough with that character yet. Keep in mind that you have to give it to them when they are outside, otherwise they will just give you whatever furniture you are replacing. This is how you end up getting a t-shirt for remade furniture. It's also pretty easy for me to tell when I'm getting furniture I haven't gotten yet, as I only have a few orderables left I need to catalog. When I've been responding to high ticket requests I've noticed them giving the items I'm missing if they're not giving me pics when I reset. I do always make sure to wear my lucky item when possible and have high feng shui though.

But is that actually increasing your percentage, or are you just getting lucky on your resets? :) I guess I'm just not terribly convinced it isn't coincidence, though obviously glad that it's working out for you. I did know about them having to be outside though, tested it the other month with Rhonda :p I've had instances of Muffy and Lionel (who have given me 4 and 3 pics respectively) giving me stuff I've already cataloged like robo-clocks for the harder requests, so I wonder if wearing your lucky stuff is helping as well.

Also somebody needs to take MicH up on Felicity. It'd be a shame for a villager that cute to just disappear forever D:

MicH, I can give you 3 gold nuggets for free (in exchange for more Emporium visits).

Also, is Felicity still around? I have Tipper moving on the 5th and need a replacement...

Does anybody have Katie? I wanna see if a flat backpack on the back will look as horrible as I think. Here is my Katie dress without her backpack:

WsMxOjQ.jpg

And proof that the anti-aliasing in the pro designs is kinda crap:

or0WYSe.jpg

I maintain the designs have looked grainy in every game since the original on Gamecube. That was the only one where you could actually see minute details.

MicH

MicH, I can give you 3 gold nuggets for free (in exchange for more Emporium visits).

Also, is Felicity still around? I have Tipper moving on the 5th and need a replacement...
Felicity is officially gone, sorry :( Just let her go.

Sure, I emptied out her shop today, but the coming days there'l surely be some extra stuff. It's more expensive now that there's no sale going on though :eek:

Fall is the best time though, it's the season where all her food related clothing is available lmao. HOT DOG HAT

Marvie_3

Banned
Felicity is officially gone, sorry :( Just let her go.

Sure, I emptied out her shop today, but the coming days there'l surely be some extra stuff. It's more expensive now that there's no sale going on though :eek:

Fall is the best time though, it's the season where all her food related clothing is available lmao. HOT DOG HAT

I've been wearing that and the matching hot dog tank all day today. :lol

MicH

I've been wearing that and the matching hot dog tank all day today. :lol
Awww. The only food related clothing she had for me today was the sandwich tank.

ALSO Kid Cat is moving into my TT town :O I might wanna replace Snake with him, especially as I just got Snake's picture. Him or Leonardo for sure.. and I don't have Leonardo

Speaking of the emporium, I can open my gates for awhile if anyone's interested in any of this...

Sweets: bookcase, dresser, table, closet, floor, wall
Clothes: hot dog hat (How random.), witch's hat, cowboy boots, misc. fall clothes. Moldy Dress in Able's (First come, first serve.)

Retail premium is furniture.

I just spent 900k in GracieGrace. Emptied out everything lmao.

BUT I'M STILL RICH MWHAHAHA

EDIT: Does anyone wanna trade golden stuff?

I need the golden bed, man and woman.

I can trade golden bench, dresser, wall and floor.

I've got a spare golden bed I can trade you.

Jak140

But is that actually increasing your percentage, or are you just getting lucky on your resets? :) I guess I'm just not terribly convinced it isn't coincidence, though obviously glad that it's working out for you. I did know about them having to be outside though, tested it the other month with Rhonda :p I've had instances of Muffy and Lionel (who have given me 4 and 3 pics respectively) giving me stuff I've already cataloged like robo-clocks for the harder requests, so I wonder if wearing your lucky stuff is helping as well.

Also somebody needs to take MicH up on Felicity. It'd be a shame for a villager that cute to just disappear forever D:

Well tbh, with luck and feng shui it's hard for me to separate placebo from actual effect, but I did notice yesterday that when trying to get my final villager pic from Bam he was giving me some of the very last few items I needed the first time and on the second and third times following two resets, on the third reset I got his pic. It seemed like more than random luck, so it might be that I had high in game luck today, but on the other hand Shep was just giving me crap for a native perfect fruit (I already have his pic, was just resetting him because I was already resetting Bam anyway). Perfect native fruits seem harder to get pics from, but it does happen (I usually don't bother resetting for it though as its generally not worth the trouble). Anyway, this is just all anecdotal so take feel free to take it with a grain of salt, but it's the method that has generally worked for me.

Philia

Niraj. Today's your lucky day. Soleil has FINALLY suggested her final pwp to me. I'm now letting her go. I figure you're full up so I'm asking if you still want her now to see if I can give her to MicH or bpb.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well tbh, with luck and feng shui it's hard for me to separate placebo from actual effect, but I did notice yesterday that when trying to get my final villager pic from Bam he was giving me some of the very last few items I needed the first time and on the second and third times following two resets, on the third reset I got his pic. It seemed like more than random luck, so it might be that I had high in game luck today, but on the other hand Shep was just giving me crap for a native perfect fruit (I already have his pic, was just resetting him because I was already resetting Bam anyway). Perfect native fruits seem harder to get pics from, but it does happen (I usually don't bother resetting for it though as its generally not worth the trouble). Anyway, this is just all anecdotal so take feel free to take it with a grain of salt, but it's the method that has generally worked for me.

Of course. It certainly can't hurt at all to do it your way. Just playing devil's advocate a bit :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom