• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Those are the last 2 things that I'm missing along with the spiny lobster. Have had absolutely no luck, so I imagine that's why.
You got the spiny lobster too? That's also supposed to be a sept 15 one. (Not doubting or challenging, the wiki a pages are sometimes wrong, and I'd rather it be available now)

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
You got the spiny lobster too? That's also supposed to be a sept 15 one. (Not doubting or challenging, the wiki a pages are sometimes wrong, and I'd rather it be available now)

I'm assuming that meant he was missing the spiny lobster in addition to the other two you mentioned ;)

ramyeon

I was hoping not, or else I wasted a good couple hours.
Unfortunately there isn't any other way to interpret that sentence :p

I assume they've made the 15th as the start of "Fall", since the grass and tree colours start changing then too (I think, at least they're definitely changed towards the end of the month). Therefore those catches are considered Fall and not Summer catches.

Animekatt

Unfortunately there isn't any other way to interpret that sentence :p

I assume they've made the 15th as the start of "Fall", since the grass and tree colours start changing then too (I think, at least they're definitely changed towards the end of the month). Therefore those catches are considered Fall and not Summer catches.

Yeah I was wondering why the trees didn't change colors yet. I thought the seasons started on the first of a new quarter.

Philia

So. While I was alt reseting a villager's house, I took interest in taking "damage" shots. Just to show how horrible a misplacement can fuck things up. XD

BTIymEaCQAAA8-a.jpg

BTIy0LxCYAAQeiq.jpg

BTIzRZtCcAASNNk.jpg

BTIzkcECEAEf6Kw.jpg

Ultimately, she landed perfectly to the left of the Town Hall right inline with my path. :3 Its worth it.

jts

...hate me...
Today I dug up for the first time a couple of gyroids, and I only found 2 fossils. Did the gyroids take the place of the other 2 fossils or did I just not look well enough?

Also what's the point of those gyroids? Should I just sell them to re-tail?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
They are in addition to fossils.

Since this is your first time I assume you got the game after rainy June.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just to be more clear, you should fine 8 holes today, 4 fossils, 3 gyroids and 1 pitfall.

Gyroids always come out the day after rain.

I was hoping not, or else I wasted a good couple hours.

I have also wasted hours on this. :) Well, someone was catting my stuff meanwhile, so not wasted that much. :)

So yeah, those are available from the 15th, otherwise I sure would have caught them already. There are also animals who appear till the 15th, but I don't know those.

And I got Gracie today, rock and roll theme, so with the complete Samus suit, was real easy. :) One check to go. Oh, and I got sweets furniture, so I guess her prices are also seasonal maybe? Or is it really random, cause I got only Gracie furniture before from her. :)

Got my 500 hours badge too. :) Still no 80% catalogue badge, guess those clothes are holding me from it...

Oh, and another orange and pink tulip for hybrids. :)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I read a while back that Gars should be more common in September. I sure hope so since I've not seen one. Only a lot of Toradorados.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
And I got Gracie today, rock and roll theme, so with the complete Samus suit, was real easy. :) One check to go. Oh, and I got sweets furniture, so I guess her prices are also seasonal maybe? Or is it really random, cause I got only Gracie furniture before from her. :)
She gives out what she would normally be selling in store at the time.

milkham

Hey guys, been a while. I had about 5 days where i didn't/couldn't play and it kinda broke me off the habit. No turnips for two weeks :(
One of my villagers will be gone by tomorrow, anyone have someone cool leaving?

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Hey guys, been a while. I had about 5 days where i didn't/couldn't play and it kinda broke me off the habit. No turnips for two weeks :(
Do you consider Bella cool?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I have a Hans moving out the 4th; he's "cool" in the sense you aren't meaning.

Animekatt

Nate is cool! He will be packed up later today!
Nate sucks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Forgot to water more than one patch of flowers yesterday, but luckily I still got three blue roses out of that one patch so it wasn't a complete waste. That's 30 so far and about a million to go.

Awesome New Leaf app even tells you each villager's favourite coffee.

Very useful! I'm hoping eventually I'll just sort of remember them all myself :p Feels cheap using a guide.

HAHA just held a celebration to commemorate the police station opening, and Copper can't clap because he's too wide, he's just sort of flailing his arms around.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HAHA just held a celebration to commemorate the police station opening, and Copper can't clap because he's too wide, he's just sort of flailing his arms around.
This seems to be a problem for a lot of the animal population. Either they are too wide or their arms are too short.

Literally as mayor you have to do everything for them. Even clap.

... how long do you reckon it would take to unlock the Train Station upgrade using my brother's 3DS and copy of Animal Crossing, considering I have had 5 visitors ;_;

Linius

... how long do you reckon it would take to unlock the Train Station upgrade using my brother's 3DS and copy of Animal Crossing, considering I have had 5 visitors ;_;

That will make it a long and tedious job. The game won't get any better if you go that way.

How come you've only had 5 visitors so far? :p

That will make it a long and tedious job. The game won't get any better if you go that way.

How come you've only had 5 visitors so far? :p

I lost touch with the GAF AC Community shortly after launch and I have no IRL friends with the game apart from my brother, who lost interest like a week after starting the game. EMBRACE ME AC GAF :(

Linius

I lost touch with the GAF AC Community shortly after launch and I have no IRL friends with the game apart from my brother, who lost interest like a week after starting the game. EMBRACE ME AC GAF :(

Well if you ever need 14 regular axes I could drop those off in your town when I'm playing, or I just come by doing nothing :p

Also, the hi-fi stereo was for sale at my TIY. That was one thing I really wanted :D

Well if you ever need 14 regular axes I could drop those off in your town when I'm playing, or I just come by doing nothing :p

Also, the hi-fi stereo was for sale at my TIY. That was one thing I really wanted :D

I want to clear out my entire Perfect Apple orchard, but I'm on Perfect Town at the moment and really worried about losing that before I get the Golden Watering Can. And you're welcome to come over anytime, feel like I'm a bit of an amateur player compared to some of you, my catalogue is pathetic :p

Chopper

Weird. Me too! It's only the third spotlight item I've ever had.

I'm pretty pissed at Pete for showing his fucking face again, rather than having a worthwhile guest. My Emporium progress is appalling.

Just checked my tree… 97 visitors. So close.
Nice. I'm at about 50. But I haven't had a good Turnip price, like, ever. I reckon that'd be a pretty good booster.

Aw man, I wondered "Why isn't my Town Hall closed for Labor Day" then I realised, I'm British! And have no idea what Labor Day is, or what it's for, other than I shouldn't wear white after it... but... isn't every day after Labor Day after Labor Day?

Linius

Yeah fuck Pete. I don't know, I hardly get visits from the three NPC's that really matter to me. Gracie, Redd and Katrina in that order. Pete is holding me back here. And Gulliver with his lazy ass on my beach.

Last time I checked I was near the silver visitors badge. So if I conclude some more trades on homeground I should get it soon. Well I have some people incoming for music cataloging so I'll get there. Too bad my work schedule is a bit shit for letting people in. Long shifts today and tomorrow. But the rest of the week off :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wait, it's an event in America and they didn't tell us? They're keeping all the picnic baskets to themselves the sneaky buggers!

Wha... I planted a perfect cherry, and it produced... normal cherries >.> I had no idea there was a probability thing with them. My vast quantities of 1000 bell per fruit trees :(

EDIT: Okay, so it has to be native to your town... dammnit! I should have used my brothers town as giant orchard. Or alternatively, I could sell my Perfect Apple intake at his place. Anybody have any idea how often a perfect fruit grows?

Linius

Wait, it's an event in America and they didn't tell us? They're keeping all the picnic baskets to themselves the sneaky buggers!

It has been mentioned. And they are still asleep (or should be for most part :p).

Wha... I planted a perfect cherry, and it produced... normal cherries >.> I had no idea there was a probability thing with them. My vast quantities of 1000 bell per fruit trees :(

EDIT: Okay, so it has to be native to your town... dammnit! I should have used my brothers town as giant orchard. Or alternatively, I could sell my Perfect Apple intake at his place. Anybody have any idea how often a perfect fruit grows?

Perfect fruit has to be native to grow. And the best way to get some good profit from it is by selling it in a town where your perfect fruit is re-tail premium and foreign. So for example I sell my perfect pears at some persons town who has another fruit than pears and re-tail pays premium on it (6.000 per perfect fruit).

It's also in the OP :)

Linius

I have the basket already, but still want to do the event. :)

I have the basket too, it's sitting in my modern wood room.

But when I'm home from work tonight our US buddy's will be playing so I'll just visit someone to pick up another one. Love to do these events. Will be my first foreign event :D

Linius

It was bamboo grass with wishes tied to it.

Bit annoying that Europe has the least amount of events. I would rather have just had the American events.

Oh then I missed that one too I'm afraid. I was referring to the one with the cucumber horse and something else. There were two pieces of furniture, but you only could get one of them. When was the bamboo grass event?

Too bad they aren't orderable :(

ramyeon

Oh then I missed that one too I'm afraid. I was referring to the one with the cucumber horse and something else. There were two pieces of furniture, but you only could get one of them. When was the bamboo grass event?

Too bad they aren't orderable :(
The eggplant/cucumber event was Obon, Tanabata was quite awhile ago now, back at the start of August I think.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Oh, had no idea about Obon, but that clashed with my holidays and my dreaded connection issues. :(

According to this we have one unique holiday in December, Naughty or Nice day. But apparently Autumn Moon which we share with America results in different items. Also New Years will apparently have regional items.

I mean Sweden could have had Lucia which gave you a crown of candles. England could have had Anti Terrorist day in November that gives you a penny for the guy. So many possibilities. Obviously too much for them to patch in I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom