• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to grab a picnic basket is anybody is offering ^^

Also, today's been a good day for progress.

Found three hybrids, including a purple rose, which I've been waiting aaaaages to spawn.

Also bumped into Phineas who gave me not 2, 3 or 4 but 5 badges, including the silver catalog badge.

ramyeon

Since the data is all actually in the game already (When you visit Japanese events it is all translated for you) I wish they had been more lenient about the region locked stuff.

I was brain storming on how they could implement it well, and then I thought... wouldn't it be really cool if when you were on holiday in another country it would switch over to that country's events while you were there? That way you could get local items that correspond to the festivals/events you're experiencing on your trip there, it would certainly give them more significance as kind of digital souvenirs. And if the timing was bad and there were no events going on you could visit the post office/Isabelle and receive a less holiday specific and more country or even state/city centric souvenir to commemorate your trip.

It'd certainly make me more likely to pull out AC and play even when I was on holiday somewhere.

Would love to grab a picnic basket is anybody is offering ^^

Also, today's been a good day for progress.

Found three hybrids, including a purple rose, which I've been waiting aaaaages to spawn.

Also bumped into Phineas who gave me not 2, 3 or 4 but 5 badges, including the silver catalog badge.

You're welcome to come visit. My FC is 0001-3321-1065. I've added you. There's a bunch of junk outside the train station. I'm cleaning up, so feel free to take any of it that you want. Otherwise, it's going to Re-Tail when they open. Same offer applies to anyone else that wants to visit for Labor Day.

You're welcome to come visit. My FC is 0001-3321-1065. I've added you. There's a bunch of junk outside the train station. I'm cleaning up, so feel free to take any of it that you want. Otherwise, it's going to Re-Tail when they open. Same offer applies to anyone else that wants to visit for Labor Day.

Thanks!

Anything you're looking for? Do you want a red heart balloon (from StreetPass)?

Thanks!

Anything you're looking for? Do you want a red heart balloon (from StreetPass)?

You're welcome! If it's something that I can catalog, great, if not, no big deal. Trying to clean out my house so I can make a serious attempt at completing the HHA stuff, then actually decorate it the way I'd like. Right now it's pretty bad in there. :)

Gates are open. Town name is Eternia.

You're welcome! If it's something that I can catalog, great, if not, no big deal. Trying to clean out my house so I can make a serious attempt at completing the HHA stuff, then actually decorate it the way I'd like. Right now it's pretty bad in there. :)

Sadly it can't be cataloged, even though you can order it from the showcase. Weird...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Talking about cataloging, wouldn't it be awfully mean to make a house completely unorderable from. So only Saharah carpets and wallpapers, unique and refurbished furniture all outfits on mannequins.

Talking about cataloging, wouldn't it be awfully mean to make a house completely unorderable from. So only Saharah carpets and wallpapers, unique and refurbished furniture all outfits on mannequins.

I actually considered that, since I get a lot of tags. I generally don't bother refurbishing furniture, so people can order them.

However I won't go out of my way to have everything orderable, because my own enjoyment comes first--at the moment I have golden, princess and mermaid rooms and I'll be adding a sweets room too.

Thanks again!

I looked up the picnic basket online and it looked nice, so I had to grab another for my sister X D

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, do you have the Emporium?

I actually considered that, since I get a lot of tags. I generally don't bother refurbishing furniture, so people can order them.

However I won't go out of my way to have everything orderable, because my own enjoyment comes first--at the moment I have golden, princess and mermaid rooms and I'll be adding a sweets room too.

Thanks again!

I looked up the picnic basket online and it looked nice, so I had to grab another for my sister X D

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, do you have the Emporium?

You're welcome! Actually, I just got the Emporium yesterday! Waiting for it to open so I can be robbed by Gracie. :)

Nice one!

I'm hoping to hijack some peoples' Emporiums to grab any spare sweets furniture. Mine won't be open until next month at the earliest o__o

I'll be happy to let you know if I have any duplicates in a few moments. I grabbed a few pieces yesterday. Not sure how often it rotates during season.

EDIT:

Here are today's duplicates if you'd like to come by to purchase them:

Sweets Lamp 117,600
Sweets Floor 148,800
Sweets Wall 148,800
Sweets Chair 144,000

Cowboy Boots 4,800
Stripe Shoes 4,800
Banana-Split Hat 4,209
Acid-Washed Pants 4,320
Brown Argyle Skirt 4,320

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
When I was going for 150k HHA points one of my rooms was a bit of a bastard. You could order the complete set of sleek furniture, but the carpet and walls were from the exotic series, but all that furniture was refurbished (meant 90%+ of the room was black for more points)

But now that I'm done with that I just decorate my rooms the way I like. Only a few bits of sleek remain for example and the exotic stuff I sold off.

I was tempted to order the Canvas stuff in order to spread it, but it's pretty expensive and judging by the houses of most people I pass they wouldn't even be able to afford the whole set anyway.

I'll be happy to let you know if I have any duplicates in a few moments. I grabbed a few pieces yesterday. Not sure how often it rotates during season.
Thanks, I'd appreciate that :D

I was tempted to order the Canvas stuff in order to spread it, but it's pretty expensive and judging by the houses of most people I pass they wouldn't even be able to afford the whole set anyway.
I was going to do that too until I saw the reorder price!

I do kind of want to fill my basement with regional DLC and exclusives, like the aurora screen and sushi platter.

I remember 2 weeks after release, somebody had the 7-11 set in their top floor and some people on Facebook were like "why can't I order those?".

Woo, another holiday where everything is closed.

iB1acaZ24yCK9.jpg

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd be up for taking a pic with others. Still have an hour at work to go though so roughly two hours earliest till I can join others.

And now to plan a letter to Nintendo EAD on why 5th Novemeber should be Anti Terrorist Bonfire Day in the UK.

I'd be up for taking a pic with others. Still have an hour at work to go though so roughly two hours earliest till I can join others.

And now to plan a letter to Nintendo EAD on why 5th Novemeber should be Anti Terrorist Bonfire Day in the UK.

I find it both crazy and kinda irritating that this hasn't happened.

If anyone would like to visit a US town to grab the picnic basket from Isabelle, I should be on and off throughout the day. My FC is 0001-3321-1065. Town name is Eternia.

MicH

Would love the lamp and chair ^^

Ooh, I'd be up for that.

Me too!

Nate is in boxes, ready to go today too. Lemme know when you have fauna ready. :D
OMG YAY. I think Katt is the only of us in the US so pretty please will you let us in? :D

I will try to get Fauna out. She has been wanting to move sO MANY TIMES so hopefully it'll be easy :D

EDIT: OK this is WEIRD.

I had Phoebe and Snake over at my house yesterday. Today I got a letter from both of them thanking me for letting them visit me. And they BOTH sent me a crew member's seat. WHAT IS THIS CONSPIRACY

Animekatt

OMG YAY. I think Katt is the only of us in the US so pretty please will you let us in? :D

I will try to get Fauna out. She has been wanting to move sO MANY TIMES so hopefully it'll be easy :D

EDIT: OK this is WEIRD.

I had Phoebe and Snake over at my house yesterday. Today I got a letter from both of them thanking me for letting them visit me. And they BOTH sent me a crew member's seat. WHAT IS THIS CONSPIRACY

Sure thing. I'm not sure if the Internet is strong enough, but we can try!

Fauna is obviously excited to be with me. :p

I'm in Lord Helmet's town for Labor Day at the moment.

Should I go over to Katt's (I don't have them added yet) or do you want to go over to where I am? X D

Thanks!

Dunno what happened there, but luckily you saved after I bought the sweets stuff.

Too bad your villagers won't remember me X D

I don't know either. Everything seems to be working normally here. Just happens sometimes. I'm going to order a few things from Nooks then reopen. Should be a couple minutes.

MicH

Thank you Katt :D

Also my Emporium has a spotlight item for the third day in a row. First they had a rococo bed, then a rococo table and today the MOOOOOOON

I'll open my gate for labor day visitors.

I just cleared my friends list of random gamefaqqers I traded with over the weekend. If you used to be on my list but have some normal first name, and don't have your gaf handle attached, sorry if you were purged.

MicH

Argh Snake wanted to move and said he could. I have Kid Cat in my TT town, but I really don't know if I actually want Snake to go just yet. I have gotten his picture though.

Why is this so hard? :(

If he leaves I'll only have Gayle left of my original 5.. and she's gonna move someday too

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'll open my gate for labor day visitors.

I just cleared my friends list of random gamefaqqers I traded with over the weekend. If you used to be on my list but have some normal first name, and don't have your gaf handle attached, sorry if you were purged.

I knew I'd end up regretting using my normal first name

I don't know either. Everything seems to be working normally here. Just happens sometimes. I'm going to order a few things from Nooks then reopen. Should be a couple minutes.
Thanks!

Good luck with the theme challenge : )

Argh Snake wanted to move and said he could. I have Kid Cat in my TT town, but I really don't know if I actually want Snake to go just yet. I have gotten his picture though.

Why is this so hard? :(

If he leaves I'll only have Gayle left of my original 5.. and she's gonna move someday too

Be careful. I know somebody who let their original Snake leave and they really regretted it.

BTW, do you have any spare Sweets items? I can also come and give you some gold ores ^^

MicH

Thanks!

Good luck with the theme challenge : )

Be careful. I know somebody who let their original Snake leave and they really regretted it.

BTW, do you have any spare Sweets items? I can also come and give you some gold ores ^^
Yeah, I really have to think it though. I mean, I adore Snake and he's one of my best bros in my town.. (and one of the best jocks IMO), but I also really want some new villagers..

I'll let you know on the Sweets item soon. Haven't checked yet as I'm still inspecting town. I have Katrina today if anyone wants to visit her

I did that. :)

Complete Cabana set, bug set, pascal set, mermaid set, balloon set, fortune cookie set, island set, all with the unorderable wallpapers and floors. *giggles*

Had some streetpasses, so they would have enjoyed my house... :)

Yeah, I'm anti-social and mean sometimes. :)

Woo, another holiday where everything is closed.

Nice. :)

If anyone would like to visit a US town to grab the picnic basket from Isabelle, I should be on and off throughout the day. My FC is 0001-3321-1065. Town name is Eternia.

Nice, I want. :) in a couple of hours when I am home... :(

I'll let you know on the Sweets item soon. Haven't checked yet as I'm still inspecting town. I have Katrina today if anyone wants to visit her
Cool, I'm just going to do some quick shopping, so hopefully I don't miss out on anything important ^^

I did that. :)

Complete Cabana set, bug set, pascal set, mermaid set, balloon set, fortune cookie set, island set, all with the unorderable wallpapers and floors. *giggles*

Had some streetpasses, so they would have enjoyed my house... :)

Yeah, I'm anti-social and mean sometimes. :)
You meanie X D

MicH

Cool, I'm just going to do some quick shopping, so hopefully I don't miss out on anything important ^^

You meanie X D
Here's what she has left:

Sweets bed
Sweets bookcase
Sweets wall
Sweets floor

Cool dress
Pleather vest
Acid-washed pants
Retro helmet
Cowboy boots
Striped shoes