• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

After trying in City Folk I'd rather play it safe... I know it's better in this game, but you never know! I might try experimenting with it, how long did it take you to get it like that, did you just run back and forth over it?

I just let it happen naturally. I planned where I wanted my paths to be and I made sure to only travel on them. After maybe a week or two they started looking like dirt paths. A couple times I tried running back and forth on the grass to make it degrade faster, but it didn't seem to be any more effective.

Definitely not. I'm right there with you. And my paths are looking pretty good at the moment. I'll never use pattern paths.

#teamdirt

Anyone has a kimono I can catalogue? :)

And Katt, if you want to cat in my town, now is the time, before I go to sleep. :)

And Aveyn Knight, still have your sweets sofa. :)

Animekatt

Anyone has a kimono I can catalogue? :)

And Katt, if you want to cat in my town, now is the time, before I go to sleep. :)

And Aveyn Knight, still have your sweets sofa. :)

I wouldn't mind coming, but do you have 10 villagers? I just went to suzu's when she's at 9... Hope she doesn't get Nate. :(

I wouldn't mind coming, but do you have 10 villagers? I just went to suzu's when she's at 9... Hope she doesn't get Nate. :(

Yup, i got ten, so no worries. :)

I'll open the gate. Oh, one thing if you catalogue, watch the bday cake, better do it first, if it gets eaten, you'll have to start over cataloging, cause it isn't orderable. :)

I just let it happen naturally. I planned where I wanted my paths to be and I made sure to only travel on them. After maybe a week or two they started looking like dirt paths. A couple times I tried running back and forth on the grass to make it degrade faster, but it didn't seem to be any more effective.

#teamdirt
This is what my paths look like. #teamdirt
BTL7QaiCMAAAXuV.jpg

Philia

Alright. Yall can call me a dirty heathen time traveler now. :) My grass has never looked so much better and current dream roster right now is at 8/10! I've been wanting to talk about my dreamies for a while now. Thank to all of those who had contributed to my dream town! :D

Thanks to Zero_IYAD, I got Margie this morning. She's a popular white elephant that's known from the AC movie.
BTLyCzpCAAEcIq0.jpg

Alt reset just ONCE and her house was in a perfect spot.
BTLvse-CUAIIUEr.jpg

I also got Flurry for 200k (I know! Who could sell her!) yesterday at noon. Caught me off guard but I managed to kick my wanted villagers out successfully recently.
BTLwyAbCQAAeHR-.jpg

She was the one that took a LOT of alt resets in my prior post about "damage" shots. And then finally, her placement was just glorious, totally worth passing over the "okay" placements.
BTLwhhZCcAA7VP9.jpg

Prior to that, I got Rudy and Pashmina in the same day. Rudy was free from a nice cycler and Pashmina was somewhere in 1.5 million, the host was in a rush he didn't care lol.

Rudy was a fantastic adorable looking Jock I just love so much. His constant smiling face brings me so much joy to my day.
BTLt4G3CUAAzwxK.jpg

I don't mind his house on the cliff, its straight south from my house, so he's the second closet neighbor to me. I've decided to use black cosmos to reflect his colors as well as his cheery demeanor.
BTLu2JYCQAAxhDy.jpg

Pashmina was the best looking uchi (Mira in running too). I'm so glad to have Rocket out and have this lovely goat in. Hope to get a lot of pwps from her. Her interior needs work, but classical furniture is a go. :D
BTLvFzACIAA4-NC.jpg

Her placement took a bit, but its not so bad! :D
BTLvTW4CYAAFgVy.jpg

Before THAT, I got Molly from Waylon Drums. I was inspired by a friend who had her and I've seen her in Waylon's town and adored her just as much. I knew I have to have her.
BTLuYghCMAAVXsN.jpg

I was worried that I won't have a good house placement in front of my house but turns out Molly did it better than Caroline even did. I used dark purple tulips to soften that bright yellow roof with a complementary color.
BTLumvXCMAA-RQC.jpg

Day before Molly, I got Biskit from MicH. Not pictured, his interior. His exterior is fantastic with the dark tulips, bringing out those earthy tones I really liked about his house. I liked that he parked next to that near useless rock that I've turned it into part of the path to a Lazy's house. :3 Biskit here is sad because I've pushed too hard. XD
BTLwNxzCcAA089z.jpg

Some time before that, I got Marshal and Rosie from MisterSamMan and MicH.
Marshal is the smug I've wanted instead of Colton. His 3 sloppy furniture pieces taunts me every time I went in there. I'm still missing the table btw.
BTLxz66CEAAmeqW.jpg

His placement took no time at all, he simply took Tank's old spot. :D
BTLvgGACQAEe5mW.jpg

Rosie, my first and predictable dreamie, had parked her house in a less ideal location but I'm dealing with it. She's my lesson in not alt reseting her placement. Her interior matched her exterior in color lol. She likes polka dot and red/white furniture... I'll still give her pink stuff.
BTLv_FkCUAAo_Z9.jpg

BTLxH64CQAEHyew.jpg

Currently I have Soleil as pictured above in Rosie's house and her house next to hers. Soleil was a previous mover as I'm her second owner, she's originally from Kouriozan's town.

And Del (still working on his Zen Bridge suggestion) to boot someday. They're a snooty and a cranky villager that I'm just not that fond of their personalities as much. Del's house is still intact with robo furniture. :) His house exterior is fantastic too matching his robo themed interior.
BTLw9nDCQAATWmE.jpg

I'm still interested in MicH's Gayle. The last one is just gonna be a surprise toss up of how things are going. If I've managed to make 100 million and got that abd/gold badge, I'll try to get Marina or Merengue to make my super normal/girly town complete.

One could ask why I'm such in a blitz rush to get my dreamies in order, well its that simple. I want their house placement already to see what areas I can place bushes, hybrids and pwps in. My town was just sitting there half finished because I have no idea where these dreamies will place their houses and I've made sure to square away my hybrids to make the empty lots bigger as possible. Since I've achieved a large number of hybrid numbers to safely not fuss about gardening spaces too much anymore, the placing the houses was naturally the next step.

Since I'm at 8/10, the last two is gonna be real HARD to place because of the limited areas I want them in. When Flurry pulled a miracle placement, I wanted to try the last two be placed on her left but I imagine that's a LOT and LOT of resets to get it right. So normally I wouldn't go that far and just count my lucky stars if they placed in tune with my paths.

Two things. I regret my police station and camper placement. Camper is still in a very good spot (albeit too far away from the station) but police station can be a tad further away from the path at least. Next, the bridges are STILL crappy bridges. I still don't have my Fairy Tale themed bridge yet. I fear that when I demolish the one near Margie and Marshal, and build one there, Isabelle will say I'm building too damn close to the villagers' houses. :\ So that crappy bridge will always remain because of this. Unless I boot Margie and/or Marshal.

But no matter. This is my current town's look when the bushes/pwps are replaced/fixed and without Del/Soleil's house.

A2mCetB.png

Legend: Black = rock, green = bushes, white = paths, hot pink = villagers, purple = my houses, gray = pwps, pink = retail

Finally here's my dream code. :) 4000 2264 4880

Boogiepop

Any trick to catching the Petaltail Dragonfly? I'm just kind of going into Retail, making a loop around town to look for it, then running back in to reset the bugs. I feel like this may take a while.

Also, anyone have a town where I can catch an ant and/or fly? I just can't bring myself to do the things necessary to get them to show. :(

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Any trick to catching the Petaltail Dragonfly? I'm just kind of going into Retail, making a loop around town to look for it, then running back in to reset the bugs. I feel like this may take a while.

Also, anyone have a town where I can catch an ant and/or fly? I just can't bring myself to do the things necessary to get them to show. :(

Stay by the river, seem to show up a lot more there. Worst case you can save and continue over and over until it shows up.

too long, did read

Congrats on all that :)

Jak140

I just started playing in July, so I still need the common and yellow butterfly. I seriously haven't seen a single one of either, and I've caught everything for this month so far except the king salmon. Whose idea of a joke was it to call it a common butterfly and make them rarer than every other butterfly?

I just started playing in July, so I still need the common and yellow butterfly. I seriously haven't seen a single one of either, and I've caught everything for this month so far except the king salmon. Whose idea of a joke was it to call it a common butterfly and make them rarer than every other butterfly?

Put some flowers out on the island.

MicH

That's amazing, Philia! Your little map is very cool, I like how you have half of them perfectly aligned on the eastern side of town.

I still have ways to go with my dreamies,but at least Cheri, Static, Marshal, Lolly and Whitney will stay forever. And they all have very good spots.

That leaves me with Beau, Gayle and Phoebe who I definitely want gone. Undecided on Apple and Snake yet, I'll replace Apple with Flurry in a heartbeat.

I currently have Ankha (replacing Phoebe), Bob (replacing Beau) and Kid Cat (replacing Snake, maybe) waiting in my TT town. In an ideal world Bob would be Punchy and Kid Cat would be Leonardo.

I still need to get Flurry (replacing Apple, maybe) and Chief (replacing Gayle).

But right now I'm very happy with those I have, except, of course, Beau

Philia

That's amazing, Philia! Your little nap is very cool, I like how you have half of them perfectly aligned on the eastern side of town.

I still have ways to go with my dreamies,but at least Cheri, Static, Marshal, Lolly and Whitney will stay forever. And they all have very good spots.

Thanks, I didn't tend for them to show up on the eastern side of the map, it just sort of happened and I rolled with it lmao. But mostly now that they're mostly on the inside of the square, I'll dedicate the outside landmasses with trees and the inside part of the square where the villagers are on both sides of the river, it'll be all flowers.

And man, I hear you on Flurry. I cannot ever let her go now, her house is too damn perfect right there next to the Town Hall.

Jak140

Put some flowers out on the island.

Do they really appear on the island? I have flowers on mine and I've never seen either. Only place I've ever seen them was on bug catching tours where I couldn't keep them.

Edit: It doesn't look like any of the guides say they can be caught on the island either?

ramyeon

I visited someone's village before and their villagers were all placed in a perfect straight horizontal line all next to each other.

Mine are all over the place :p

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I kind of like having my houses a bit scattered, though I have got two clumps on villagers, one of three and another of four. Since I planned my paths around where they currently are they're not much of a problem.

Some people have seen my current town plan, but for those who haven't, I currently covering one half with red, white and blue flowers (50% of which are roses) to make a giant Union Jack.

Philia

Wow I'm happy for you! I'm still slowly trying to get the villagers I want and such, so kudos.

Thank you! I worked very hard to make my town beautiful to myself when I visit it daily. It just renews my sense of enjoyment and accomplishment every time I boot up the game. Little things just adds up. :3

Also when I achieve 100 mil, I won't need to farm perfect fruit anymore. So I can dedicate making a nice large forest around the town's boundary. Not sure if I'll use perfect peach or non-fruit trees. I do want to see Cherry Blossoms when that day comes...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
I'm finally putting paths to all my permanent villager's houses. I didn't want to before because I didn't wanna be disappointed by house placement when villagers came in. But now I am planning to hold onto them, I figure their houses can't hurt. Luckily my bunnies have had decent locations. Not inconvenient at all.

Oh yeah, and congrats Philia on your dream town!

Niraj

I just roll with two hamsters, I hope they can be friends. But Flurry seems to lean to Rhonda more. It's funny to see those two hanging out. But Rhonda has to go :p

Yeah I'm totally there with you. Rhonda must go.

Animekatt

Thank you! I worked very hard to make my town beautiful to myself when I visit it daily. It just renews my sense of enjoyment and accomplishment every time I boot up the game. Little things just adds up. :3

Also when I achieve 100 mil, I won't need to farm perfect fruit anymore. So I can dedicate making a nice large forest around the town's boundary. Not sure if I'll use perfect peach or non-fruit trees. I do want to see Cherry Blossoms when that day comes...

Man I would love the cherry blossoms. So glad Spring is my favorite season. :D I'm holding off on planting some trees, until closer to winter. I want to make my place a winter wonderland for Christmas. I should also stockpile holly bushes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I like holly so I may make all my bushes holly bushes. Of course that will take me a long time to cover the town with bushes but I'm in no rush.

Philia

Man I would love the cherry blossoms. So glad Spring is my favorite season. :D I'm holding off on planting some trees, until closer to winter. I want to make my place a winter wonderland for Christmas. I should also stockpile holly bushes.

Yeah, I hear you on winter wonderland. :3 I do want cedars somewhere. Its just a shame they cannot be placed in the lower half of the map. I'll just dedicate a place for them at the northern sections.

Chopper

Went to the island, did a bit of diving, and Chambered Nautilus and Giant Isopod were the FIRST TWO FUCKING THINGS I CAUGHT! Unbelievable.

Linius

BPB, can I come to your town for that proper painting and rob Isabelle from a picnic basket while I'm on it?

Went to the island, did a bit of diving, and Chambered Nautilus and Giant Isopod were the FIRST TWO FUCKING THINGS I CAUGHT! Unbelievable.

Are you sticking around? I'll open my town for you later to catalog the music. Just want to do some visits of myself first since the music can take a while.

Linius

I might well be. Though it is getting late here. Let me know when you're ready...

You're in Europe too? It's midnight for me bro :p

But if you want I can open up first for you. US Gaffers will stick around for some time. Think I have to add you first, not sure if we ever played together before.

Chopper

You're in Europe too? It's midnight for me bro :p

But if you want I can open up first for you. US Gaffers will stick around for some time. Think I have to add you first, not sure if we ever played together before.
Yeah, add me bro. Let me know when your gate's open. Thanks very much. :)

Whoo, just completed the Sweets (and Gorgeous) set!

Now to figure out how to fit Sweets into my house while keeping an even 2 million HHA score...

Linius

Yeah, add me bro. Let me know when your gate's open. Thanks very much. :)

On my way back from Burrow right now. Adding you when I set foot in Westeros.

The music is all around my town tree. Also have the Gulliver items out, in front of the town hall. And the number lamps are left of the station if you need those.

EDIT

Gates are open in case you hadn't noticed :)

Niraj

Yeah, opening now. I'll have one eye on a tennis match but help yourself. The painting is at the station with some Gracie clothes Niraj left if you want to cat them.

Found your shoes, cowboy. I'll drop them off sometime.

Ha, alright. Now I have to keep them :x

Yeah, I hear you on winter wonderland. :3 I do want cedars somewhere. Its just a shame they cannot be placed in the lower half of the map. I'll just dedicate a place for them at the northern sections.

Whaat! Is this because they're higher ground trees?! You learn something new about this game every day...

Philia

Just found out that my husband's Mira is moving on the 6th. I could always use another uchi cutie to help my pwps along. And of course have her for someone else in the future lol.

Linius

Just found out that my husband's Mira is moving on the 6th. I could always use another uchi cutie to help my pwps along. And of course have her for someone else in the future lol.

Well I'm looking for Mira to replace Pashmina when she decides to leave. So if circumstances are good when you'd like to get rid of Mira I wouldn't mind.

ramyeon

Your paths are one space wider than mine. I think two spaces is best because it goes with the bridges which are also two units wide.
Three space paths look better with houses though. I have 3 space paths everywhere except leading to bridges, then I switch it to two. The pattern I use is flexible so I can do either.

Hiya Jak,

I have the items ordered for you if you'd like to swing by.

Your paths are one space wider than mine. I think two spaces is best because it goes with the bridges which are also two units wide.

yeah, that's the clearest example, but my paths aren't entirely uniform. And they're far from straight since my town layout doesn't quite give me a straight route from the docks to re-tail, which is one of the main reasons that the dirt works better for me than tile paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom