• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Linius mentioned he hadn't had much time lately to talk to his villagers. Play the game normally and you shouldn't have to worry about it as they tend to mention it pretty frequently. My Kevin moving out is all any of them want to talk about right now.

But, yeah, if you plan on taking an extended break, you'll have to use some trickery if you want to hold onto them. They're villagers not museum pieces--they'll move if you ignore them. ;)

How easy is it to clog up the post so much that stuff never arrives? Can that happen?

Mail just gets bumped to the next delivery if your box is full. I think Redd is the only exception.

Elija2

If that works 100% even for extended periods of time, that's wonderful.

Well that's what I keep hearing and it makes sense. The day after you tell a villager not to move away the game hasn't decided which villager will want to move away next yet. So if you stop playing then and boot up months later, nobody should have moved away because no villager wanted to. However I've heard stories of people saying they stopped playing for a while and came back with multiple villagers having moved away, which shouldn't be possible if this theory is true.

If anyone with a TT town would like to try it to confirm that it does work, that would be great.

Marvie_3

Banned
The day after I destroy my 3rd bridge, Poncho hooks me up with a modern bridge suggestion. I hate not having that 3rd bridge but I have to deal with it until I get the other ones unlocked.

Linius

I think Linius mentioned he hadn't had much time lately to talk to his villagers. Play the game normally and you shouldn't have to worry about it as they tend to mention it pretty frequently. My Kevin moving out is all any of them want to talk about right now.

No seriously none of my villagers mentioned it. I still talk to most if not all on a daily basis. I just don't have the time for PWP farming and stuff like that.

When I spoke to Rhonda in her house she said to me that she couldn't find the right moment to tell me. I'm legimately scared by Rhonda's move out.

Soooooo after getting rid of Bella I did the camper thing for a few hours until I got Doc! Woo! The ratio has shifted! 6 bunnies and 4 others. I'm kinda sad Cole didn't come in before Doc. He's the ONLY bunny with buck teeth. Seriously. Anyway, I think he'll be my favorite for my 9th or 10th spot. Lazy and Peppies are my favorites, so 2 Peppies and 2 lazys will be nice.

Today, Chrissy said she wanted to move to another town. Silly. She thinks I care what she wants.

Apple has already told me twice today that Cole has been thinking about leaving our town. he hasn't brought it up with me yet though.

Koren

Well that's what I keep hearing and it makes sense.
I agree... It's obvious there's a timer and a variable that holds a villager. I can see this working. I just want a confirmation.

However I've heard stories of people saying they stopped playing for a while and came back with multiple villagers having moved away, which shouldn't be possible if this theory is true.
Indeed. Maybe the way the game react depends on the duration of the "gap", that's why I said "extended periods", and I am curious about reports on the efficiency of the method.

If anyone with a TT town would like to try it to confirm that it does work, that would be great.
This!

Koren

No seriously none of my villagers mentioned it. I still talk to most if not all on a daily basis. I just don't have the time for PWP farming and stuff like that.
If you play for ~10-15min (for tending flowers or looking for fossils, e.g.), try to NOT speak to anyone and walk all around the town, you'll get 2-3 special conversations.

I'm not even farming PWP anymore, I usually get the suggestion quite quickly this way. And after I get it, I go speak to everyone normally.

The day after I destroy my 3rd bridge, Poncho hooks me up with a modern bridge suggestion. I hate not having that 3rd bridge but I have to deal with it until I get the other ones unlocked.

Modern is awesome. Very different aesthetic than other themes.

And thanks for all the great advice about not losing dreamies!

When I spoke to Rhonda in her house she said to me that she couldn't find the right moment to tell me. I'm legimately scared by Rhonda's move out.

Hmm. It still doesn't seem like something to worry too much about if you're chatting with your villagers regularly. I've had literally every single one of mine mention in the past two days that Kevin is moving. Just through regular conversation--not pinging. I wouldn't worry too much about it if you just keep tabs on everyone.

Three fakes, if you can call those interesting.

Fake Valiant?

Er.... I've misplaced my picnic basket. I hope I didn't accidentally sell it.

I have an extra if you can't find it.

Go ahead. I'm in no rush. :)

Opening gates in 2 mins!

Okay, nice. :)

I'll open up. :)

Edit: open. :)

BGBW, you still searching for Pascal stuff? I have a Jolly Roger flag and a helm.
Enjoy your balloons!

Not sure if you're aware, but there are also 8 StreetPass ice cream and 8 pinwheels. I have the full set, but they aren't orderable at all, so I can't part with them X D

I have a ship deck (I think) and ship compass spare. Maybe a barrel and keg too (although I might want to keep a spare barrel).

I had Stitches in my camp site but had the full amount of villagers :'(

Now I've got an empty spot... what are the chances of getting Stitches again? I'm worried now that he's been that I've missed out :(

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Fake Valiant?

Quaint, moving, basic, iirc.

I had Stitches in my camp site but had the full amount of villagers :'(

Now I've got an empty spot... what are the chances of getting Stitches again? I'm worried now that he's been that I've missed out :(

It's definitely possible to get campers again. I'm not sure if you have to cycle through a certain number, of if it's all random, but I've gotten Sally the squirrel twice.

Finally got my Golden Axe, just when the T&T emporium had its grand opening ^_^. No more storing axes in the cabinet =P, but Gracie's furniture =O so costly XD

Edit: also Julian recommended a Police Station, Booker's back in my AC gameヾ(*´∀`*)ノ

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
BGBW, you still searching for Pascal stuff? I have a Jolly Roger flag and a helm.
Only items I need to complete the set are the anchor and ship deck, but I have all the items I want for my house. :) I got the vintage telescope the day after I mentioned it in this thread. But thanks for looking out for me.

Bit annoying they you can't reorder his items since having two pirate's armors would be grand. Read you can customise it so I may look into that.

Philia

Only items I need to complete the set are the anchor and ship deck, but I have all the items I want for my house. :) I got the vintage telescope the day after I mentioned it in this thread. But thanks for looking out for me.

Bit annoying they you can't reorder his items since having two pirate's armors would be grand. Read you can customise it so I may look into that.

I have an anchor laying around if you want it. :)

MicH

Regarding campers: I've bad Midge in my campsite no less than three times in my TT town. So yeah :p I hate her now lol

I have the ship deck if you want it. I keep getting spares of it...

Also, my gates are open if you're free to pop along : )

Boogiepop

It's raining in my town again. Does that have an effect on the Giant Petaltail Dragonfly? I was planning on trying again to hunt it down in the afternoon.

Anyway, reposting my stuff one more time. If nobody's interested I'll probably start selling some of the extras off, as my storage situation is getting pretty dire. I'm of course willing to take cash instead of items I need trade-wise, as I still have some serious debts to pay off.

My extras:
Fossils:
Iguanodon Tail
Iguanodon Torso x2
Dimetrodon Torso
Dimetrodon Skull
Spino Torso
Diplo Hip x4
Diplo Chest
Anklyo Torso
Tricera Skull
Megacero Tail
Megacero Skull x3
Mammoth Skull
Mammoth Torso x2
Styraco Tail
Stego Tail x2
Shark Tooth x2
Trilobite
Coprolite x2
Raptor Torso
Dinosaur Egg x2
Fern Fossil
Amber
Plesio Torso x3
Icthyo Skull
Parasaur Skull

What I Need:
Fossils:
Anklyo Skull
T. rex Skull

Nintendo Items:
Hero's Hat
Varia Mask
Yellow Pikmin hat
Super Mushroom
Green Shell
1-up Mushroom
Green Pipe
Fire Bar
Triple Shell
Pikmin
Triforce
Wario Mustache
Mario Mustache
Triple Banana
Starman

And I'm always open to more Metroids, even though I have some.

Frogstep

Man, doing the alt trick to get villagers in good spots sucks pretty hard.
I'm about to say screw it and let Cousteau live wherever cause this is taking foreverrrrrrrr!

Philia

Man, doing the alt trick to get villagers in good spots sucks pretty hard.
I'm about to say screw it and let Cousteau live wherever cause this is taking foreverrrrrrrr!

Yeah. Ankha took Niraj 4 hours and my Flurry took me 2 hours. Its... expected from time to time.

I think certain bugs, esp. the flying and ground-hopping ones don't appear during rain. I know crickets don't appear and I saw a birdwing vanish suddenly when it started pouring.

BTW, does anybody have these spare?

Fireworks: Ultra scope
Island: Tropical vista/floor, sea globe, bottled ship
Etc. Gracie tank

Perfect Town Day 1: Complete
Perfect Town Day 2: Complete
Perfect Town Day 3: Complete
Perfect Town Day 4: Complete
Perfect Town Day 5: Complete
Perfect Town Day 6: Complete
Perfect Town Day 7: Complete
Perfect Town Day 8: Complete
Perfect Town Day 9: Complete
Perfect Town Day 10: Complete
Perfect Town Day 11: In progress

It's raining again so I don't have to worry about today and tomorrow (at which point, I'll be at school). Would be pretty funny if it just rained for the rest of the week.

Opening gates in 2 mins!

Enjoy your balloons!

Not sure if you're aware, but there are also 8 StreetPass ice cream and 8 pinwheels. I have the full set, but they aren't orderable at all, so I can't part with them X D

I have a ship deck (I think) and ship compass spare. Maybe a barrel and keg too (although I might want to keep a spare barrel).

Thank you. No problem, I'm happy with the balloons already. :)

It's raining in my town again. Does that have an effect on the Giant Petaltail Dragonfly? I was planning on trying again to hunt it down in the afternoon.

Anyway, reposting my stuff one more time. If nobody's interested I'll probably start selling some of the extras off, as my storage situation is getting pretty dire. I'm of course willing to take cash instead of items I need trade-wise, as I still have some serious debts to pay off.

My extras:
Fossils:

Spino Torso

What I Need:
Fossils:
Anklyo Skull

I need Spino Torso for my minisets and I have a spare Ankylo Skull you can have. :)

Anyone has a Spino Skull and a Pachysaur skull on spare? Then I could have a complete miniset of dinosaurs. :)

Also, I need a moving painting and then I have the complete paintings set in the museum.

Gyroids to give away:

Tall Perceloid
Harmonoid
Tall Harmonoid
Mega Dinkoid
Gargloid
Tall Warbloid

And I have cumulated a lot of fossils again, if someone need any, just say it and I'll look in the pile, it's too much to list. :)

Yeah. Ankha took Niraj 4 hours and my Flurry took me 2 hours. Its... expected from time to time.

Three-ish hours for my Punchy but totally worth it after the combined carnage from Julian, Deirdre, Lolly, and Bunnie. Only took me four villagers to learn my lesson...

Philia

Nice, anything you're looking for? Or can I pay you with bells? : )

Don't worry about it. Just open up already.

Three-ish hours for my Punchy but totally worth it after the combined carnage from Julian, Deirdre, Lolly, and Bunnie. Only took me four villagers to learn my lesson...

Only FOUR? Mannnn. Rosie's placement was a hard less already lol.

Geez, the shit we do for AC. I'm about to hit the 4 hour mark. :<

Keep at it.

Reckoner

Perfect Town Day 1: Complete
Perfect Town Day 2: Complete
Perfect Town Day 3: Complete
Perfect Town Day 4: Complete
Perfect Town Day 5: Complete
Perfect Town Day 6: Complete
Perfect Town Day 7: Complete
Perfect Town Day 8: Complete
Perfect Town Day 9: Complete
Perfect Town Day 10: Complete
Perfect Town Day 11: In progress

It's raining again so I don't have to worry about today and tomorrow (at which point, I'll be at school). Would be pretty funny if it just rained for the rest of the week.

Mine is still underdeveloped. I already have three bridges, recycling can, fountain, water well, campsite, a bench, second floor museum and lighthouse...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
These two I have. I have you added already I think. I'll come over and drop the stuff, including the anchor for BGBW.
Thanks. Then I'll have completed the set. Just a shame it's so big otherwise I'd have liked to have displayed it in my seaside theme room. Though I should say I've already left Aveyn's town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom