• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.
New North American SpotPass house. (Ray from Joyo.)

You can tell he actually plays the game too. He's also got lots of balloons on his top floor, which you can order!

Okay, milkham, I'll open up.

Two things:
1. please catalogue the bday cake first and don't eat it. :) otherwise we have to start over again. :)
2. bring your swimsuit, for some stuff you need it. :)

Okay, gate is open.

Only FOUR? Mannnn. Rosie's placement was a hard less already lol.

Yeah, yeah. :p I was okay letting the cards fall where they may until I installed bushes all over the place. Now that things are a bit more set, resetting is necessary. But man does it suck a lot of the fun out of a new villager. I just want to shake Rover until he stops grinning at me.

Koren

Oh wow, awesome, thanks.
I hope you've seen the updated list, there's 8 nintendo items from your list to pick. If you're around, I'll open my doors now...

Is there anything you'd want that I could look to see if I have?
That's always a question I find tricky to answer... I'm not actually looking to most of the "normal" stuff.

The most I could ask you is to remember me should you stumble onto a ship-in-a-bottle one day. Or if you get a dupe Pascal item.

But that's if you really want to find something back one day, I offer those for free...

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Apple has already told me twice today that Cole has been thinking about leaving our town. he hasn't brought it up with me yet though.

Ooh if you tell me when he moves out, I might be able to get somebody else out by then.

Random question, if a person with 9 villagers visits a town that has an moved out villager visiting main street, can the visitor talk to the villager into moving to their town?

(does anybody want a tiger jacket? It's Sheldon's not-orderable starting clothes.)

Koomaster

New North American SpotPass house. (Ray from Joyo.)

You can tell he actually plays the game too. He's also got lots of balloons on his top floor, which you can order!
Thanks for the heads-up. I wasn't aware you could order balloons. Now I can sell the ones I already have. :p

Boogiepop

I hope you've seen the updated list, there's 8 nintendo items from your list to pick. If you're around, I'll open my doors now...

That's always a question I find tricky to answer... I'm not actually looking to most of the "normal" stuff.

The most I could ask you is to remember me should you stumble onto a ship-in-a-bottle one day. Or if you get a dupe Pascal item.

But that's if you really want to find something back one day, I offer those for free...

Thanks so much! I'll definitely keep that in mind if I happen to get any! Anyway, coming over now!

Galactic Fork

No, they're just echoes.
Awww, so they're just haunting our villages. Creepy.

I'm going to be getting rid of my castoff villagers relatively fast soon, so if anybody really wants Avery (cranky aztec-ish eagle), Sheldon (tiny jock squirrel), Skye (Normal blue wolf), or Paula (Uchi Bear), tell me and they're yours. None of them are really sought after as far as I can tell. But eh, maybe they can go to a good home.

Umm if they show you strange letters, I deny everything.

Deli is apparently FINALLY leaving but I don't know when. He ran up to me while I was talking to someone else and I didn't get to acknowledge him in time and I think that's when he would have told me.

Either way, one lazy down...one more to go. GTFO Broccolo.

Elija2

Yeah. Ankha took Niraj 4 hours and my Flurry took me 2 hours. Its... expected from time to time.

Three-ish hours for my Punchy but totally worth it after the combined carnage from Julian, Deirdre, Lolly, and Bunnie. Only took me four villagers to learn my lesson...

Holy shit guys, seriously? It took me maybe half an hour tops to find a nice spot for Rosie. Deirdre moved in today and I only had to reset three times to get her into a nice spot. How is it that it can take you guys so long to find a good spot? Is it because the layout of your towns doesn't allow for that many good spots? I've also been blocking potential spots with PWPs so maybe that's why it takes less time for me.

Jak140

Holy crap, people are having to reset for hours for villager placement? That is insane. I only knew of that trick for my last villager and reset about 7 times before deciding it was good enough. I think having to do it dozens and dozens of times would put me off the game forever. You really should just be able to place villager houses normally because that is ridiculous.

Gate's still open. Did you go to BluePoliceBox's town?

Nope. :)

Holy shit guys, seriously? It took me maybe half an hour tops to find a nice spot for Rosie. Deirdre moved in today and I only had to reset three times to get her into a nice spot. How is it that it can take you guys so long to find a good spot? Is it because the layout of your towns doesn't allow for that many good spots? I've also been blocking potential spots with PWPs so maybe that's why it takes less time for me.

Paths, bushes, and hybrid beds. Since certain areas have a higher chance of villager move-ins, they can end up in the same bad spot over and over again. But with Punchy, I really wanted him in a specific spot not just an acceptable one.

Niraj needed room next to Ankha's house to build her a sphinx and a pyramid. :)

Holy crap, people are having to reset for hours for villager placement? That is insane. I only knew of that trick for my last villager and reset about 7 times before deciding it was good enough. I think having to do it dozens and dozens of times would put me off the game forever. You really should just be able to place villager houses normally because that is ridiculous.

I agree. But while it may be tedious, it's also mindless and can be done at the same time as something else. I had a bunch of stuff I had to listen to so I did that while I was resetting. And it wasn't three straight hours. :)

Hi guys, is anyone willing to open their gate so I can collect signatures for Hippeaux?
And on another note I have Wendy in boxes if anyone wants her (unlikely I know!).
Friend code is 3007-8065-0432. Thanks!

Yeah, that's crazy. Not going that far. :)

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
You don't control Nook Homes.

Thanks. Then I'll have completed the set. Just a shame it's so big otherwise I'd have liked to have displayed it in my seaside theme room. Though I should say I've already left Aveyn's town.

Oh, that's what the anchor was for X D

I can hold onto the anchor for you.

Is there a set timeframe for when a villager moves in?
I had one leave yesterday and want to do the resetting trick on the new guy, do I just do it every morning and wait for them to turn up?
All my other arrivals have been from other towns so never noticed any sort of patterns...

It's definitely possible to get campers again. I'm not sure if you have to cycle through a certain number, of if it's all random, but I've gotten Sally the squirrel twice.

Campers are random and it's not unusual to have repeats. He's just as likely to come around again as any other camper.

Ahhh thanks a lot! Fingers crossed he comes back, he's the only favourite from WW I haven't had again yet...

Jak140

You don't control Nook Homes.

They could easily have the new villager walking around town the day before they move in and they could ask you where they think they should put their house or if they should change their mind about moving in at all. I mean, let's face it, the villagers seem completely incapable of deciding everything else on their own anyway. It would be so much better that way.

Marvie_3

Banned
They could easily have the new villager walking around town the day before they move in and they could ask you where they think they should put their house or if they should change their mind about moving in at all. It would be so much better that way.

This would be a good way to do it.

milkham

Okay, milkham, I'll open up.

Two things:
1. please catalogue the bday cake first and don't eat it. :) otherwise we have to start over again. :)
2. bring your swimsuit, for some stuff you need it. :)

Okay, gate is open.

thanks a ton! i was ready to burst when i got to the plaza, somehow i forgot 3ds is portable :D

Yeah, that whole thing kinda kills the fun for me. I've tried to be as "go-with-the-flow" as possible. Of course...I *did* wish Gwen had chosen a different area for her house...

Philia

Paths, bushes, and hybrid beds. Since certain areas have a higher chance of villager move-ins, they can end up in the same bad spot over and over again. But with Punchy, I really wanted him in a specific spot not just an acceptable one.

I agree. But while it may be tedious, it's also mindless and can be done at the same time as something else. I had a bunch of stuff I had to listen to so I did that while I was resetting. And it wasn't three straight hours. :)

This and THAT, exactly what bpb said here.

I had a very specific path and barely any pwps so there's a lot of open spaces everywhere that I wouldn't like them to park at. They (and at other towns I've seen) really seem to fucking love parking at the very south part of the map which is utterly bullshit considering they're already facing SOUTH. :\ I'd LIKE to see their house actively near the path so I could see their entrance to see if they're home and visit them easily. Especially without EVER having to tread on grass.

You guys haven't seen my very long post a while back that included a pixel map of my town. I'll repost that map again.

A2mCetB.png

Legend: Rock = black, gray = pwps, hot pink = villagers, purple = my houses, white = paths, green = bushes

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I mean, in relation to resetting, I was doing other shit at the same time. It's not like I was so engrossed in it that I wanted to drown myself or anything lol. I was watching tennis and playing a computer game ;)

Jak140

Btw, not faulting anyone for resetting (I do my fair share of that as well); just saying it's bad game design on Nintendo's part to force people to go to those lengths. I suppose it does make finally getting that perfect layout a little more special for those that do though.

I got distracted and invaded Niraj's town, spreading unrest among the masses, but I'm back now and the gates are open!

He's done. :) My animals seemed amenable to his cause.

Btw, not faulting anyone for resetting (I do my fair share of that as well); just saying it's bad game design on Nintendo's part to force people to go to those lengths. I suppose it does make finally getting that perfect layout a little more special for those that do though.

I'm guessing most players won't care as much as some of us do. I like the idea of walking a new villager around town though. For me, I'd have to spend this time anyway: either I take the time to reset the plot or I deal with the wreckage by moving my paths, trees, bushes, and flowers afterwards. May as well make it a good one.

Galactic Fork

Well, it's supposed to be random. A PWP to relocate a house plot before the house was built would be perfect, but like the random move-ins from visitors' animals, Nintendo wanted a bit of random and uncontrolled bits. I think the moving from village to village over the internet is really neat, but it becomes annoying when you actually have a goal.

So you get a conflict by Nintendo wanting stuff random and organic, and the players wanting control.

Galactic Fork

Sprinkle is moving out of my TT village. Very cute. Someone take her. 20 min or she's gone

Ew that thing was in my campsite last night when I was camper farming. Couldn't reset fast enough. Only good penguin is Boomer.

Galactic Fork

Say. When you were campsite farming, would the campsite be randomly not be there?

Yeah, it's often empty... Took me 4 hours to get Doc. You'll get maybe 2 or 3 populated tents in an hour. How people found out about the 4 camper cycle is beyond me.

I got exceptionally lucky when I got Coco. Who's your last?

Chopper

I'm dreading playing the reset game. My town is so tightly organised though that I know I'm gonna lose something valuable when I initially part with, and subsequently get new, villagers. I've clung onto my OG ten, as I have a nice mix of personalities and I don't really mind which I have. I'm hoping that by the time I've rinsed them for PWPs and got their pics, there will be enough PWPs to really limit where their houses can go. The exact same spots would be perfect.

Philia

Yeah, it's often empty... Took me 4 hours to get Doc. You'll get maybe 2 or 3 populated tents in an hour. How people found out about the 4 camper cycle is beyond me.

Damn... that does sound tedious... damn it. If only my campsite wasn't so damn far away from the station. Ah well, tediousness is worth in its reward long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom