• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Damn... that does sound tedious... damn it. If only my campsite wasn't so damn far away from the station. Ah well, tediousness is worth in its reward long term.

It is very tedious, luckily it's not something you need to pay too much attention to. I watched shows on netflix while doing it.

Well, I considering Marina or Merengue for my last. They're expensive as fuck on GameFaqs and I'm not exactly all hot for that idea in buying into the damn slave trading. :\

Ooh, Marina is someone I've wanted too, but if I see either, I'll grab em and give them to you, if you haven't gotten em.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Well, I considering Marina or Merengue for my last. They're expensive as fuck on GameFaqs and I'm not exactly all hot for that idea in buying into the damn slave trading. :\
Get Merengue. The strawberry is adorable and there aren't many great Rhinos imo.

Philia

Ooh, Marina is someone I've wanted too, but if I see either, I'll grab em and give them to you, if you haven't gotten em.

Dawwww. Thanks. Are you interested in any other dreamies I don't know about?

Get Merengue. The strawberry is adorable and there aren't many great Rhinos imo.

Yeah. I had Tank as an original and I still need to wash that out of my mouth. He's not bad looking but he's SO god awful boring to look at. Merengue is more feasible than Marina.

Elija2

Redd is still selling a worthy painting in my town. Anyone want it?

And AC continues to make me Google things, this time: Vichyssoise.

Every AC game seems to have nothing but crazy foreign food in them. Not once have I seen something as simple as "pizza" or "sandwich".

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Dawwww. Thanks. Are you interested in any other dreamies I don't know about?

Just Gaston and O'hare. (but you don't need to, you did so much already.)

GF: I'd still be psyched to see your town. Can you open in 30 minutes (5 EST)?

Actually I'm going to sleep. I have to be at work in a few hours and I got exactly 3 hours of sleep earlier! So I need a nap. If you're on around 8 est I'll probably be back.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Damn, just got suckered into buying something from Coco because she was using the Shyness emotion.
Too damn cute.

Frogstep

Finally found a good spot for Cousteau to move into, 5 hours later...
The original plan was for him to move into the same spot Poncho was in but I settled on the spot where Rodeo used to be.

Koren

YES!

I thought I was mostly unlucky today with hybrids (mostly a pink lily from a pair of flowers I haven't watered and non interesting new flowers), but I just discovered I was wrong : my orange cosmos hybridization bed produced my first black cosmos! I had missed it since it appeared in the only spot a little hidden, just behind my house.

I'm down to two flowers to produce (excluding carnations and gold roses) : blue rose and purple pansies. I hope I'll get a blue rose from my huge red* roses patch, and I'll soon begin to work on red* pansies to get purple ones.

It's progressing slowly but it's progressing!

I'd LIKE to see their house actively near the path so I could see their entrance to see if they're home and visit them easily. Especially without EVER having to tread on grass.
How do you see if there's someone in a house using the entrance? I found easier to look for the fumes over the chimney... (that being said, I mostly agree with you, I like being able to see the house entrance from the path, but the south placement for animal houses is still quite convenient in my town).

Elija2

My island is selling the rare yellow aloha tee for 15 medals. Anyone wanna come and buy it?

Two days of rare island items in a row. Am I suddenly lucky or what?

Philia

You play too much during evening/night, or I missed something ^_^

You clearly missed something alright. Their interior lights brighten over their usual dark window through the door or through the sides. Its slightly noticeable during the day too. I have my brightness settings down on the lowest setting and its not that hard to spot it.

But hey, you don't need to quote this post and say you don't believe me at all. Just saying because I find it extremely annoying.

Chopper

This Android app appears to be missing the 1-up Cap. It is also missing "School Shoes", but I understand there's a translation issue, and they're known as Mary Janes in the US. Is there a chance the 1-up Cap suffered the same fate? Anything else I should be aware of?

Linius

This Android app appears to be missing the 1-up Cap. It is also missing "School Shoes", but I understand there's a translation issue, and they're known as Mary Janes in the US. Is there a chance the 1-up Cap suffered the same fate? Anything else I should be aware of?

There are quite a number of items named differently in the US version. We came across the same issue with the list that Philia's husband made. I'm not sure why Nintendo would even go down this road, English is English if you ask me :p

Chopper

There are quite a number of items named differently in the US version. We came across the same issue with the list that Philia's husband made. I'm not sure why Nintendo would even go down this road, English is English if you ask me :p
Ugh. Do any spring to mind?

Seigyoku

More than one person in UK will disagree with you there. To quote Prof. Higgins "In America, they haven't spoke it for years!" :)

Koren

But hey, you don't need to quote this post and say you don't believe me at all. Just saying because I find it extremely annoying.
I fully believe you, and I must say my mind is blown because I've never seen it (I could say it's a brightness setting problem, but I most probably haven't paid attention enough... I had seen it in players' houses, though). Can't wait for tomorrow to see it myself.

I'm happy I asked, because that's the kind of nice little detail I love in this game. Thanks...

(btw, if it wasn't clear, my previous post wasn't a way to implying I wasn't believing you, I actually would trust you blindly as far as AC is concerned. It was just a way to check whether you were speaking about night time or whether I hadn't seen something, but since english is not my mother tongue, and if it could be understood differently, I apologize)

Linius

More than one person in UK will disagree with you there. To quote Prof. Higgins "In America, they haven't spoke it for years!" :)

Yeah I know how Brits feel about that. And probably my English is more American than English since I watch a lot of American entertainment and I'm not a native speaker.

But Nintendo should just go one way with names for items, this only makes things confusing. I mean the slushie machine is "machine for frozen drink" in the US verison. Wtf Nintendo.

Jak140

Do villagers pick mushrooms? I've been placing them as decorations but now I notice one is missing.

Edit: I kind of doubt any visitor took it because it wasn't a particularly valuable one. I've also noticed a clover that spawned in a nice location disappear before. :/

Philia

Do villagers pick mushrooms? I've been placing them as decorations but now I notice one is missing.

Edit: I kind of doubt any visitor took it because it wasn't a particularly valuable one. I've also noticed a clover that spawned in a nice location disappear before. :/

I'd say you got robbed. :\

Meanwhile, I got this. :) Gold badge in traveling to other people's towns.

BTRLr_qIMAAJfNe.jpg

And silver in refurbishing. :)

Jak140

I'd say you got robbed.
I guess it's possible, but I've only ever had one person that wasn't a gaffer run out of view when trading and I cut the wifi on them. I have plenty more valuable things worth stealing lying around in plain sight if someone wanted to grief. Either way I'm not too aggrieved over it. I just hope it's not villagers taking them, because that is something I have no control over.

Chopper

When farming for PWPs, after your 5 minutes are up, is there any way to change who is going to approach you? Like, if I'm gunning for an Uchi villager, walk past them and they don't respond, should I go tread water again to mix it up, or am I destined to speak to whoever's turn it is first?

When farming for PWPs, after your 5 minutes are up, is there any way to change who is going to approach you? Like, if I'm gunning for an Uchi villager, walk past them and they don't respond, should I go tread water again to mix it up, or am I destined to speak to whoever's turn it is first?

Some people trap their target by the beach ramp.

Koren

Meanwhile, I got this. :) Gold badge in traveling to other people's towns.
Congratulation... Gardening services pays!

I think they close when the main street shops close. Like with Redd too.
I think so, indeed.

Definitely not that late.
"that" late is just 8pm (I talk about Nook or Ables, not the shop, and without Night Owl)

295 people visited my town. I need to do better hosting! :D
I'll pay a visit soon if you're not angry with me ;) I think I've never come to see the real town, although I've visited several times your dream town.

Philia

Yeah. I had to push Soleil all the way to the path to the beach, make holes around them until they decide to go to the beach, THEN make more holes and trap them there. This is how I farmed my last pwp from her.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I guess it's possible, but I've only ever had one person that wasn't a gaffer run out of view when trading and I cut the wifi on them. I have plenty more valuable things worth stealing lying around in plain sight if someone wanted to grief. Either way I'm not too aggrieved over it. I just hope it's not villagers taking them, because that is something I have no control over.

Idk, sometimes I have random flowers seemingly disappear. Never hybrids, but just random ones.

Philia

So if they don't respond, going back to the water for another 5 minutes might "activate" them?

Yep. Remember to put away your money into bags/coins instead of in your pocket and don't pick up anything that they deem valuable to them. Of course you can say no but it'll take the process longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom