• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elija2

Well my "Get enough weeds in my town to trigger a weeding day" plan was a total failure. I'm almost positive that my villagers are pulling them up, which means it's almost impossible to have 50 weeds unless you stop playing for weeks and come back. So I'm just gonna pluck them all myself.

Funny, despite all the weeds I still have a perfect town. And yet one rotten fruit on the ground can ruin that.

Philia

Cool. Cos Tammy is really playing hard to get.

Remember to put away your money into bags/coins instead of in your pocket and don't pick up anything that they deem valuable to them. Of course you can say no but it'll take the process longer.

I'm trying to farm Del for his last pwp suggestion, Zen Bridge too.

Jak140

Idk, sometimes I have random flowers seemingly disappear. Never hybrids, but just random ones.
Yeah I'm think maybe its just a random glitch. I've also had villagers drop a flower on top of another flower I was placing, causing them to glitch over each other and one to disappear when picked.

Highwind

Still on the lookout for a treasure chest if anyone has a spare to trade. :<

I don't have much aside from a moon, master sword, kart and S.S. Dolphin and more.

MicH

I don't have much aside from a moon, master sword, kart and S.S. Dolphin and more.
The treasure chest is 150 medals. I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone wants to trade it for those items let alone have an extra to trade

Jak140

I think finding a legit spare treasure chest might be difficult. Not only is it rare, it takes forever to earn 150 medals. If you're lucky, you might find someone who has one for sale on their island though.

Linius

The medals aren't really the issue here since there's the scavenger hunt. Finding an island with the chest on it is the real issue. I even paid 180 medals in someone's town because it was on bellboom.

And well, yesterday someone in this thread advertised the chest on his/her island :p

Jak140

The only tour worth farming medals from is elite scavenger tour. With practice you can earn 16 medals in 2-4 minutes every time, but that's still a solid half hour of playtime to earn 150 medals. Elite hammer or ore tour will do in a pinch, but most of the other tours are a waste of time.

Linius

The only tour worth farming medals from is elite scavenger tour. With practice you can earn 16 medals in 2-4 minutes every time, but that's still a solid half hour of playtime to earn 150 medals. Elite hammer or ore tour will do in a pinch, but most of the other tours are a waste of time.

Those three you name in this post are the my go to tours for medal farming. I don't really have issues with doing that one hour straight to have some medals in the bank.

Koren

The medals aren't really the issue here since there's the scavenger hunt. Finding an island with the chest on it is the real issue. I even paid 180 medals in someone's town because it was on bellboom.
I wish I had internet access when it appeared on my island.

I considered getting more than one, but it already took me a lot of time to be able to buy one, so two or three... Besides, I wasn't aware it was SO difficult to find?

Linius

I wish I had internet access when it appeared on my island.

I considered getting more than one, but it already took me a lot of time to be able to buy one, so two or three... Besides, I wasn't aware it was SO difficult to find?

Yeah, there's a good number of island items that are 'rare'. So if you went on island hopping it could be you visit 85 islands and haven't seen the thing you're looking for once. Ask Kami all about it :p

Especially the treasure chest, tropical vista/floor, beach chair/table and ukelele are hard ones to find.

Jak140

Those three you name in this post are the my go to tours for medal farming. I don't really have issues with doing that one hour straight to have some medals in the bank.
Yeah those were pretty much all I played when I was searching for island stuff. I've pretty much stopped doing tours for medals though since I completed the mermaid, cabana, wetsuit, and island items sets. I think the only things I don't have are the sailor and captain's hat. I've thought about going back to earn some medals to buy a bunch of hibiscus, but I haven't seen the scavenger tour in a while and couldn't bring myself to bother doing any of the other tours.

Edit: I don't know this for sure, but while searching for island items, I got the feeling that like tours, Nintendo cycled the items that could be bought on the islands on a given day. That was why you could island hop to a hundred different islands on the same day and not find the item you were looking for, yet you could run into different a rare item two times in a row on two different islands.

Yay, got the snowtyke set (only 4 items, what?) and some more region exclusive stuff like the Cornucopia, good luck roll and chocolate cake. Have all the unorderable sets now... Think the orderables too...

Also have the 4 new years hats and 8 feathers. And of course the 24 balloons of Aveyn.

Sold my turnips at 618. :)

Was a good day.

Have some spare paintings too, will list them tomorrow.

A lot of spare fossils too, although still need spino torso and pachy skull to complete my dinosaur miniset. :)

Ow, well, now going to sleep. Night, night.

Chopper

Are the island tours random? One day this week I'm gonna need to sit down and grind some medals, but am I not guaranteed to get a particularly lucrative game?

Jak140

FYI, mitten crab, sweet shrimp, and spiny lobster aren't available until the 15th of the month, so don't kill yourself looking for them.

Philia

FYI, mitten crab, sweet shrimp, and spiny lobster aren't available until the 15th of the month, so don't kill yourself looking for them.

Thanks. I figured this out when still farming that damn Zen Bridge suggestion lol.

I do have a question about Salmon and King, do you fish it in the area near the ocean or in the river next to the waterfall?

Linius

Thanks. I figured this out when still farming that damn Zen Bridge suggestion lol.

I do have a question about Salmon and King, do you fish it in the area near the ocean or in the river next to the waterfall?

Where the sea and the river meet. So you can fish from above or go down to the beach and try from there.

Linius

Just like with Char. Okay, thanks! :D

Yeah, that little basterd called the char. I'm having the same issues with the salmon and the king salmon. There are hardly any fish spawning there :(

To be exact, none since I've been looking from time to time for a salmon.

Philia

Yeah, that little basterd called the char. I'm having the same issues with the salmon and the king salmon. There are hardly any fish spawning there :(

To be exact, none since I've been looking from time to time for a salmon.

LOL, a few times I've seen Char's shadow underneath the dang waterfall animation. So you would miss them easily if they're all the way in underneath it.

King Salmon should be large enough to not miss. Their issue is just a small spawning area outside of everything else that's spawning nearby that's cutting into their chances I imagine.

Linius

LOL, a few times I've seen Char's shadow underneath the dang waterfall animation. So you would miss them easily if they're all the way in underneath it.

King Salmon should be large enough to not miss. Their issue is just a small spawning area outside of everything else that's spawning nearby that's cutting into their chances I imagine.

Well the Char I found eventually so I'm sure the salmon and king salmon will come too. I need to dedicate a few hours of time to strolling up and down the river to get them to spawn I guess.

Also I call Niraj Rex Hunt from now on. His night fishing tip got me turtle at last :D

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Well the Char I found eventually so I'm sure the salmon and king salmon will come too. I need to dedicate a few hours of time to strolling up and down the river to get them to spawn I guess.

Also I call Niraj Rex Hunt from now on. His night fishing tip got me turtle at last :D

Glad you got it :) You've got a lot of time for the salmon, since they make their way upstream eventually. I think the king salmon is only around til the 15th though?

Linius

Glad you got it :) You've got a lot of time for the salmon, since they make their way upstream eventually. I think the king salmon is only around til the 15th though?

I read it's there for whole september but the best time is the first half.

Boogiepop

I found my Salmon and King Salmon pretty quickly by treating it like a beach fish and scaring away everything on the beach till something appeared in the waterfall area and repeating till I had both. Like, I think it took less than 15 minutes. And this was after a decent chunk of time messing with trying to get them to appear on the river side.

Philia

OMFG. After farming for his stupid zen bridge PWP hours on with fail, I finally get this.

BTRyA3aCIAAUunE.jpg

I wasn't even expecting to get this damn bridge out of 6 other pwps she needs to give me. I'll definitely take this and call it a day.

This is why I fucking love Rosie. :3

Animekatt

I found my Salmon and King Salmon pretty quickly by treating it like a beach fish and scaring away everything on the beach till something appeared in the waterfall area and repeating till I had both. Like, I think it took less than 15 minutes. And this was after a decent chunk of time messing with trying to get them to appear on the river side.

Cool, I will do this.

Elija2

Posting for the new page: I have the yellow aloha tee for sale on my island for 15 medals. It's rare so if anyone wants to come and buy it let me know.

And well, yesterday someone in this thread advertised the chest on his/her island :p

That was me! I was expecting more people to be interested in it, but only one person came and bought it. Sucks that someone who wanted it wasn't here and missed out.

Busaiku

Yellow/Common/Monarch Butterflies can't be found on the island?
I could've sworn I already had all 3.

When I caught a Monarch in town, I didn't get a new entry in the encyclopedia.

Philia

Rosie has a "Support Sleep-in Sundays" petition for me to get it signed! :D I'll be watching my station in hopes someone opens their gates. :D

EDIT: LOL, no worries, I'll go over to my hubby's town. :3

Hey bluepolicebox, do you have a link to the path patterns you're using? I'm trying to find a versatile pattern that I can for single or multi-wide paths.

Also, seems like you and others line your paths with bushes. I just unlocked TIY to be able to buy them, but how would I buy enough to line my town with them?

I'm trying to earnestly work on my town and house to make them beautiful. Never really did that in past games as my OCD focused me to much on collecting.

Also, seems like you and others line your paths with bushes. I just unlocked TIY to be able to buy them, but how would I buy enough to line my town with them?

I'm trying to earnestly work on my town and house to make them beautiful. Never really did that in past games as my OCD focused me to much on collecting.
I save mine on the floor in my house until I have enough to do 1 little row.

I also buy my friend's bushes any time they don't.

Hey bluepolicebox, do you have a link to the path patterns you're using? I'm trying to find a versatile pattern that I can for single or multi-wide paths.

Yes, of course. (Sorry for the delay; I couldn't find them on mobile.) Here's part 1 and part 2. I use two patterns from the set: a plain gray stone piece and an accent piece so I don't need a mule and can, like you said, use different widths when villagers have planted their houses in less than ideal locations. They can also be easily swapped out if I want a change.

I started hoarding bush starts as soon as TIY opened—long before I began planting. Even still, there are plenty of bare spots around town that need to be filled in with more. Pretty sure I've seen people here trading if you're looking for one particular kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom